Mafia: Game of Thrones Mafia: TOWN WIN 09/10/2013 - Page 20

Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: Game of Thrones Mafia: TOWN WIN 09/10/2013

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Default Re: Game of Thrones Mafia: Day 5: Valar Morghulis 05/10/2013

I admit - that was me. However, I used my Vigilante kill for that. I am sorry, Human.

Look at the FT.

Human didn't die from a mafia kill. Tywrin, or whatever it is spelled, said that they were intending to kill someone but discovered they were already dead.

Meaning, mafia tried to kill Human at the same time I killed him.

Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Kyriaki View Post
    I admit - that was me. However, I used my Vigilante kill for that. I am sorry, Human.

Look at the FT.

Human didn't die from a mafia kill. Tywrin, or whatever it is spelled, said that they were intending to kill someone but discovered they were already dead.

So you have no kills left then? Hmm that's strange...

In the meantime

VOTE: Nytie During the previous day phase she chose to vote m0cking over Pein saying he was more suspicious. Later she switched to Pein when his lynch was inevitable.

Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

Blog Entries

Follow FinalArcadia on Tumblr Visit FinalArcadia's Youtube Channel

@Dark Kyriaki

Did you contact anyone before sending in your vig kill to discuss it, or did you decide alone?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FinalArcadia View Post
    @Dark Kyriaki

Did you contact anyone before sending in your vig kill to discuss it, or did you decide alone?
    I suggested it to her. I came upon information and thought Human might be mafia. Obviously I was wrong but in the end it cost town nothing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Midorikawa View Post
    I suggested it to her. I came upon information and thought Human might be mafia. Obviously I was wrong but in the end it cost town nothing.
    But a vigilant kill was pretty much wasted, especially when you knew Human's claim and he hadn't acted suspicious to think he might be mafia or working with mafia (and instead was helpful to town).

What was the information? The source of it might be worth looking in to.

Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

Blog Entries

But a vigilant kill was pretty much wasted, especially when you knew Human's claim and he hadn't acted suspicious to think he might be mafia or working with mafia (and instead was helpful to town).

Human's claim for starters was iffy when we already had two indeps show up, plus nexus ability. I got information about what happens in the night phases. For starters the mafia didn't target you night one, they targeted someone else who was doctor protected. Either night two or three they could not decide on a kill, and last night was confirmed that mafia targeted Human.

@Midorikawa; I've been saying for a few phases that I'm suspicious of m0ckingbird. Since he and Pein were both not very active, I think it's a good bet that m0cking is mafia. And since the cop confirmed that Pein was mafia, it would have been counterproductive to not switch to him.

Vote: m0ckingbird20
    Quote Originally Posted by Zima
    My childhood just had a gun shoved up its ass.

Blog Entries

Human's claim for starters was iffy when we already had two indeps show up, plus nexus ability. I got information about what happens in the night phases. For starters the mafia didn't target you night one, they targeted someone else who was doctor protected. Either night two or three they could not decide on a kill, and last night was confirmed that mafia targeted Human.
    There had only been one independent other than Human, which was Froakie, so two independents wasn't that odd.

It's hindsight somewhat now, but being that the mafia chose to target him at this point in the game probably means he was seen as the biggest threat, and thus seemed very town-like. So this information did end up hurting town, because we lost a useful ally and his vote through the vig kill when it could've gone on an inactive who we don't even have much on anyway and could very well be mafia.

What I'm saying is that wherever the information is coming from, I'm not sure how trustworthy it is. It just seems odd that whatever is giving you this information is so very specific about what the mafia did, yet also led to someone who wasn't mafia-aligned nor behaving scummily being vig-killed. At first I thought maybe a cop was involved, but an ability that provides all of this seems almost too good to be true.

EDIT: Also, I have pretty good reason to believe I was actually the target N1 and 2, so that also makes me hesitant to believe this source.
    Last edited by FinalArcadia; 5th October 2013 at 09:43 PM.
    Charles Dunois likes this.

Blog Entries

There had only been one independent other than Human, which was Froakie, so two independents wasn't that odd.
    I for some reason thought we had two indep deaths so admittedly that was a mistake on my part.

It's hindsight somewhat now, but being that the mafia chose to target him at this point in the game probably means he was seen as the biggest threat, and thus seemed very town-like. So this information did end up hurting town, because we lost a useful ally and his vote through the vig kill when it could've gone on an inactive who we don't even have much on anyway and could very well be mafia.
    1) Mafia targeted him as well-no doc-So how would he have survived? He wouldn't. The information did not harm the town and gave new insight. You call him a usefull ally when an indep is only useful if they have a useful ability, his wasn't. Wasting it on an inactive would have been pointless since inactives aren't a threat since they are so inactive right now that they probably aren't sending in kills if they are mafia.

What I'm saying is that wherever the information is coming from, I'm not sure how trustworthy it is. It just seems odd that whatever is giving you this information is so very specific about what the mafia did, yet also led to someone who wasn't mafia-aligned nor behaving scummily being vig-killed. At first I thought maybe a cop was involved, but an ability that provides all of this seems almost too good to be true.
    Why? Because it states that you could be lying about being bullet proof? Also when did I say it was super specific. I took a gamble on Human knowing if he was mafia lying then he would be harder to lynch than the other top possibilities. The ability is vague and takes a lot of inferring and understanding, and has proven that its a real ability judging by things its stated that I know to be true. So the ability is a lot more trustworthy than your word that you are bullet proof.

EDIT: Also, I have pretty good reason to believe I was actually the target N1 and 2, so that also makes me hesitant to believe this source.
    You mind sharing this reason with the rest of the class?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Midorikawa
    1) Mafia targeted him as well-no doc-So how would he have survived? He wouldn't. The information did not harm the town and gave new insight.
    He wouldn’t have, but that wasn’t my point. What I’m saying is that there wasn’t any need to vig kill him when he’d come across pro-town pretty much the whole game. It indirectly hurt town in that the kill could’ve been used on someone who had actually acted suspicious rather than Human whose nexus claim might’ve seemed odd.

You call him a usefull ally when an indep is only useful if they have a useful ability, his wasn't. Wasting it on an inactive would have been pointless since inactives aren't a threat since they are so inactive right now that they probably aren't sending in kills if they are mafia.
    But town has had the advantage this game, and being a survivor it made sense that he’d keep working with town, and he was useful, giving insight on things and voting with town. Ability doesn’t always equal usefulness, and it kind of seems like you’re trying to deflect that the source wasn’t accurate on Human being scum.

An inactive also wouldn’t be helping town either though, and if they don’t talk there’s not much to look at in determining their alignment anyway.

Why? Because it states that you could be lying about being bullet proof? Also when did I say it was super specific. I took a gamble on Human knowing if he was mafia lying then he would be harder to lynch than the other top possibilities. The ability is vague and takes a lot of inferring and understanding, and has proven that it’s a real ability judging by things its stated that I know to be true. So the ability is a lot more trustworthy than your word that you are bullet proof.
    No, it’s because of my bulletproof ability that I’m suspicious of it.

I never said that you said it was super specific, but when something is saying the manner in which mafia acted and what took place such as a doctor protect and deciding on a no kill (rather than nobody putting in a kill accidentally), that seems pretty specific to me, overly so.

By saying it’s vague, that means that there is room for doubt on what it’s saying, since it’s based on interpretation. I don’t see how you’d know what parts of it to be true if it’s vague, outside of having taken part in the actions described.

Even if you or others still don’t believe that I’m really bulletproof, I don’t think this ability with its apparent vagueness would be much more trustworthy either, as it could be interpreted very wrong.

You mind sharing this reason with the rest of the class?
    All I’ll say is there are clues that very strongly imply it, that can be picked up by others by looking back at those phase updates.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Maybe FA got a message from the host that is similar to this:

A bullet hits your vest!
    Which might be the reason she is saying she's positive about being the previous nightkill target.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mijzelffan View Post
    Indeps schmimdeps. I'm sure we're all much more interested in why there wasn't a hodor-filled report today.
    Were you inactive? :p

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Dunois View Post
    I suspect Dark Kyriaki and/or Synthesis. An inactive mafia suddenly becoming active could be attributed to its members being replaced...right?
    Just caught this: I don't know if Synthesis subbed in while I was at work or what, but he hasn't done anything yet and jumping on newly subbed in players before they have the chance is wrong unless we have a cop check stating they are mafia.

He wouldn’t have, but that wasn’t my point. What I’m saying is that there wasn’t any need to vig kill him when he’d come across pro-town pretty much the whole game. It indirectly hurt town in that the kill could’ve been used on someone who had actually acted suspicious rather than Human whose nexus claim might’ve seemed odd.
    Pro-town can be mafia too. It doesn't clear them at all. And while Human may not have seemed suspicious to you, he was to others. Don't assume the decision was mine alone. I discussed with my mason and DK. Your blind trust in an indep is nice but to others, we don't trust indeps so easily.

But town has had the advantage this game, and being a survivor it made sense that he’d keep working with town, and he was useful, giving insight on things and voting with town. Ability doesn’t always equal usefulness, and it kind of seems like you’re trying to deflect that the source wasn’t accurate on Human being scum.
    1) You can be scum and be useful to the town. As an example in the TWD mafia I helped them lynch the SK and two of the last mafia members. I was mafia and one of my teammates was going by with ease. Human didn't give anything that no one else could have or did give. You act like he was the only person doing anything when he wasn't. 2) Again I never said they said it was him.

An inactive also wouldn’t be helping town either though, and if they don’t talk there’s not much to look at in determining their alignment anyway.
    You keep talking about inactives. A mislynch or miskill could easily cost us in this game so why risk hitting one of them without first confirming something first that could be more dangerous.

No, it’s because of my bulletproof ability that I’m suspicious of it.
    Because your ability means that every night kill goes to you. We had a doctor night one, and then we had two nights without nightkills, and the fourth just had two targeting the same person.

I never said that you said it was super specific, but when something is saying the manner in which mafia acted and what took place such as a doctor protect and deciding on a no kill (rather than nobody putting in a kill accidentally), that seems pretty specific to me, overly so.
    It doesn't tell which mafia members said what, it doesn't tell what everyone did, its unclear about who is who. In the night two report it revealed a character talking to another character with a certain hair color. While it gave one character's name it only gave the others hair color. That hair color could belong to town or mafia considering it matches a lannister and starker from what I researched.

By saying it’s vague, that means that there is room for doubt on what it’s saying, since it’s based on interpretation. I don’t see how you’d know what parts of it to be true if it’s vague, outside of having taken part in the actions described.
    I just explained this above with the character thing. If someone knows who the character is then they can discover who the other person is by who that character talked to night two.

Even if you or others still don’t believe that I’m really bulletproof, I don’t think this ability with its apparent vagueness would be much more trustworthy either, as it could be interpreted very wrong.
    You really love twisting vague around don't you. Apparently I used the wrong word with vague, but I was trying to point out that yet things can be misunderstood, however interpreted right they can help us.

All I’ll say is there are clues that very strongly imply it, that can be picked up by others by looking back at those phase updates.
    So your evidence is FT? So you have no hard proof to prove yourself.

Maybe FA got a message from the host that is similar to this:

A bullet hits your vest!
    Which might be the reason she is saying she's positive about being the previous nightkill target.
    I doubt it. If she did then why didn't she show us that before to prove it. Screenshots are allowed after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Mijzelffan View Post
    Indeps schmimdeps. I'm sure we're all much more interested in why there wasn't a hodor-filled report today.
    I agree I think that is much more important than an indep considering we've lost one thing this game: the doctor. I think Hodor was just inactive for a phase or annoyed that his messages weren't getting through which now it seems his first one did.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nytie View Post
    @Midorikawa; I've been saying for a few phases that I'm suspicious of m0ckingbird. Since he and Pein were both not very active, I think it's a good bet that m0cking is mafia. And since the cop confirmed that Pein was mafia, it would have been counterproductive to not switch to him.

Vote: m0ckingbird20
    m0ckingbird20 is no longer in the game. @Synthesis; has taken his place.

Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast