Mafia: Fire and Ice Mafia --Fire Mafia won! (2/26/13) - Page 7

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 273
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Fire and Ice Mafia --Fire Mafia won! (2/26/13)

  1. #91
    I'm back! Finally Soulmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Aggieland, Texas
    Posts
    2,299
    Blog Entries
    157
    Follow Soulmaster On Twitter
    Visit Soulmaster's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Fire and Ice Mafia -- Night 1- (2/14/13)

    Quote Originally Posted by HumanDawn View Post

    a) I think I'd have taken the blame too, as I would have helped lynching him. I wouldn't have kept it anyway, and if it is uncharacteristical of me, I haven't done it as scum either.

    b) That's if the lynch went through, and I think I would have taken the responsibility if it did.

    Yeah.

    Actually I'm just going to go ahead and 99.9% him as scum. Gliscorman is an interesting case, as he voted me for being "touchy"(???), yet he didn't vote for Dark Blueberry who was acting anti town. Maybe he's scum buddies with Soulmaster, or on different scum teams.

    I think if 1 kill happens, I'll know who I'll be going for.
    Why are you so strongly saying I'm mafia? Last I check voting for someone who you thought was suspicious wasn't an automatic scum-tell. If it was everyone would be scum.

    Credit for the Banner goes to Pyradox. Link to URPG stats
    Mafia Win/Lose Tally
    Black FC: 1506 9762 7606: White 2 FC: 2967-6420-8683: My Fanclub
    Winner of LOST mafia, My Little Pony: Friendship is Mafia 2, Bloons Tower Defense 5 Mafia, Fos Ro Mafia, Legendary Pokemon Mafia, War Room Mafia 5, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn Mafia, Pokemon Movie Mafia
    Writer's Workshop Moderator

  2. #92
    LVL 7 Master Mew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Nugget Bridge
    Posts
    4,016
    Blog Entries
    109

    Default Re: Fire and Ice Mafia -- Night 1- (2/14/13)

    Quote Originally Posted by GliscorMan View Post
    @HumanDawn; @Master Mew; @FinalArcadia;

    To address the suspicions against me:

    The early stuff I do D1 is done with the express intent of making things happen and figuring out how people act, without causing a lynch.
    This is remarkably similar to what Scum try to do during Day 1. Figure out the flow of the thread, how players interact, what scumtells are going to be popular in this game, and how to fit in - all while pushing soft suspicions without actually trying to cause an early mislynch that can be traced to them.

    This pretty much sums up why we're suspicious.

    The first was the pressure vote.
    What were you pressuring him to do?

    The second came shortly afterward, addressing how Human had suddenly got extremely defensive, even though there was still two days left in the phase.
    I didn't have a problem with this post.

    The third was my unvoting him, because I felt that people were yelling at me as if this was the Fire Emblem Mafia, where the votes actually count as damage.
    Who was yelling?

    There was a large time gap between the second and third posts, which was when I was busy barfing my stomach out. Apparently, while I was doing this, DB said some things that you guys classified as "anti-town".
    Distancing yourself from the wagon ("you guys"). I understand that you weren't feeling well, but I hope you can understand why we would assume anyone who didn't defend Dark Blueberry didn't have a problem with her lynch.

    Not scum, just "anti-town" (Interesting, no?).
    The distinction becomes less significant when one notes that it was pointed out at the time, by the proponents of the wagon. Townies do sometimes partake in anti-town play, but by the very definition it becomes nearly impossible to tell the difference between anti-town Townies and anti-town Scum. Lynching someone for being anti-town equates to a flat-chance of being Town or Scum - and if the choice is between lynching an anti-town player and a pro-town player who is scumhunting, I like the odds of lynching the anti-town player a little more (it makes for a particularly safe bet for the Town on Day 1).

    When I was finally feeling well enough and able to think long enough to get back online, there was roughly a half hour left in the phase.

    I reread things a little (although apparently not carefully enough), and decided that my "case", as you guys so kindly put it, wasn't founded enough to deserve a vote, even though it was initially a pressure vote intended to be taken off after the rebuttal. I removed my vote, hoping for at least a little time for discussion before the phase ended. Then I barfed again and fell asleep out of exhaustion.
    I hope you're feeling better.

    I'm getting mixed messages - so you voted Human as a pressure-vote "intended to be taken off after the rebuttal," but when I asked you if you still liked your vote where it was, and if so what it was about Human's rebuttal that dissatisfied you, you didn't address his rebuttal - you just said it was a pressure-vote.

    What did you think of his rebuttal?

    Conclusion:

    It was intended to be a pressure vote (In my experience, pressure votes only work if you attempt a little reasoning initially. If you just vote someone, it gets blown away as joke-voting.), but circumstances beyond my control screwed me over, so the vote remained.
    This is a bit of Mafia Theory that we're probably going to disagree on. You can pressure-vote someone and flat-out call it a "pressure-vote" and it can still work, as long as you make it clear that you're serious about it and won't unvote them until they provide a satisfactory defense and/or satisfactory case for why someone else is a better lynch.

    I can understand where you're coming from, it's tempting to think that no one will take a pressure-vote seriously if you don't treat it seriously (i.e. accompany it with a reason the target is scummy). The problem is that doing so makes it impossible to prove the vote was a pressure-vote (a problem you are experiencing now).

    Starting to feel a little better about GliscorMan - his aggression in this posts rings of irritated-Town, though defensive-Scum is still possible. I'd lean 65/35 there.

    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1198-0821

  3. #93
    I'm a servant of the lord Midorikawa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    In fields of grey
    Posts
    10,564
    Blog Entries
    18

    Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Fire and Ice Mafia -- Night 1- (2/14/13)

    @HumanDawn; so tel us why Soulmaster is .1% town. The only town role other than vanilla is doctor so we know your not a cop, plus its night anyways so you wouldn't have had a chance to check anyways if you were.

  4. #94
    URPG! GliscorMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Johto
    Posts
    2,950
    Blog Entries
    9

    Default Re: Fire and Ice Mafia -- Night 1- (2/14/13)

    Oh really? Because making people react but not killing them is meta has been one of my long-standing opinions.

    I was pressuring for a reaction, and anything falls under that umbrella except rain. What I fished up was basically nothing but: "you're bandwagoning, get your vote off". When I tried to provoke a little bit more conversation (I just noticed these posts while reading through again), it was basically swept under the rug. At that point, I would've done something. But BAD THINGS.

    You and Soul were the ones who seemed to be putting pressure to take my vote off. You pressured me to change it. However, @Soulmaster; called me out for doing "what Human did", when he did the exact same thing. Just something to note.

    Do I really need to distance myself from the wagon? I wasn't even on it in the first place.

    Looking back, there wasn't exactly much of a rebuttal. But it was at least there. I find the part where Human says: "okay i'm done protecting myself" to be worth pursuing a lead on, but not worth a vote.

    I'm feeling a bit better, but not by much. Thanks for asking.

    And then there's the Mafia Theory. Where pv=mrt, and that, if p=pressure and v=volume of the post, t can equal scum or town depending on the value of m (backing it up). And of course r must be the target's pant size. Back to a little more seriousness, this is one of those things that could swing either way.

    Quote Originally Posted by Master Mew View Post
    Starting to feel a little better about GliscorMan - his aggression in this posts rings of irritated-Town, though defensive-Scum is still possible. I'd lean 65/35 there.
    ...and with that you've WIFOMd my brain into a mess.

    Also, getting ninja'd by Mido. I believe that .1% was referring to me.

    Credit to HikaruIzumi for the awesome avatar!

  5. #95
    LVL 7 Master Mew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Nugget Bridge
    Posts
    4,016
    Blog Entries
    109

    Default Re: Fire and Ice Mafia -- Night 1- (2/14/13)

    I can't seem to find the post where I pressured you to unvote Human. I asked you if you still agreed with your vote in post #70, is that what you're referencing? Because that's the same post where I outlined the reasons I was considering voting for him myself.

    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1198-0821

  6. #96
    I'm a servant of the lord Midorikawa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    In fields of grey
    Posts
    10,564
    Blog Entries
    18

    Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Fire and Ice Mafia -- Night 1- (2/14/13)

    @GliscorMan; Re-reading his post it's confusing the way he words it and doesn't exactly indicate if it's you or Soulmaster.
    @HumanDawn; My previous question to you still stands even if you were 99.9% GM as mafia and not Soulmaster.

  7. #97
    I'm back! Finally Soulmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Aggieland, Texas
    Posts
    2,299
    Blog Entries
    157
    Follow Soulmaster On Twitter
    Visit Soulmaster's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Fire and Ice Mafia -- Night 1- (2/14/13)

    Quote Originally Posted by GliscorMan View Post
    Oh really? Because making people react but not killing them is meta has been one of my long-standing opinions.

    I was pressuring for a reaction, and anything falls under that umbrella except rain. What I fished up was basically nothing but: "you're bandwagoning, get your vote off". When I tried to provoke a little bit more conversation (I just noticed these posts while reading through again), it was basically swept under the rug. At that point, I would've done something. But BAD THINGS.

    You and Soul were the ones who seemed to be putting pressure to take my vote off. You pressured me to change it. However, @Soulmaster; called me out for doing "what Human did", when he did the exact same thing. Just something to note.

    Do I really need to distance myself from the wagon? I wasn't even on it in the first place.

    Looking back, there wasn't exactly much of a rebuttal. But it was at least there. I find the part where Human says: "okay i'm done protecting myself" to be worth pursuing a lead on, but not worth a vote.

    I'm feeling a bit better, but not by much. Thanks for asking.

    And then there's the Mafia Theory. Where pv=mrt, and that, if p=pressure and v=volume of the post, t can equal scum or town depending on the value of m (backing it up). And of course r must be the target's pant size. Back to a little more seriousness, this is one of those things that could swing either way.

    Quote Originally Posted by Master Mew View Post
    Starting to feel a little better about GliscorMan - his aggression in this posts rings of irritated-Town, though defensive-Scum is still possible. I'd lean 65/35 there.
    ...and with that you've WIFOMd my brain into a mess.

    Also, getting ninja'd by Mido. I believe that .1% was referring to me.
    What do you mean "doing what Human did"? You voted with close to no reason, but you still gave a incredibly weak one. I actually gave a better one that had a little bit of meat on it.

    Oh and @Paperhorse; @Phoenicks; I will be gone for most of Saturday and Sunday. I might pop in but if I don't you know where I've gone to.

    Credit for the Banner goes to Pyradox. Link to URPG stats
    Mafia Win/Lose Tally
    Black FC: 1506 9762 7606: White 2 FC: 2967-6420-8683: My Fanclub
    Winner of LOST mafia, My Little Pony: Friendship is Mafia 2, Bloons Tower Defense 5 Mafia, Fos Ro Mafia, Legendary Pokemon Mafia, War Room Mafia 5, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn Mafia, Pokemon Movie Mafia
    Writer's Workshop Moderator

  8. #98
    Super Moderator Paperhorse's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,260
    Blog Entries
    18

    Follow Paperhorse on Tumblr

    Default Re: Fire and Ice Mafia -- Night 1- (2/14/13)

    update pending

  9. #99
    URPG! GliscorMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Johto
    Posts
    2,950
    Blog Entries
    9

    Default Re: Fire and Ice Mafia -- Night 1- (2/14/13)

    @Master Mew; yeah, that's what I'm thinking about. Call me a bit paranoid, but it seemed at the time that, if I didn't unvote, you'd consider it even more of a scumtell than what it turned out to be. The wording seemed a little accusatory as opposed to questioning, if that makes any sense.

    Quote Originally Posted by Soulmaster View Post
    Though I do think @GliscorMan; should be pointed out. Your vote was pretty close to what Human did. So FoS: Gliscorman
    Remember this, Soul?

    Credit to HikaruIzumi for the awesome avatar!

  10. #100
    Super Moderator Paperhorse's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,260
    Blog Entries
    18

    Follow Paperhorse on Tumblr

    Default Re: Fire and Ice Mafia -- Night 1- (2/14/13)

    Phase Results:

    Drumbeats, Fire Mafia Goon, has been killed.



    Sunburn, A Vanilla Townie, has been killed.



    It is now Day 2, Phase will update 2/18/13 unless majority is reached.

  11. #101
    カジカ Zeems's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,507
    Blog Entries
    118

    Default Re: Fire and Ice Mafia -- Night 1- (2/14/13)

    A mafioso killed another mafioso? XD Oh my god. This makes things so much easier on the town.

  12. #102
    I'm a servant of the lord Midorikawa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    In fields of grey
    Posts
    10,564
    Blog Entries
    18

    Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Fire and Ice Mafia -- Night 1- (2/14/13)

    Thanks Ice Mafia :)

    Now anyways. VOTE: HumanDawn You said day one that you were just joke voting when you were jumping between but it didn't seem that way to me, plus you were worried about having votes on you and there's also the fact that you are so sure that Soulmaster or GM are mafia

  13. #103
    I'm back! Finally Soulmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Aggieland, Texas
    Posts
    2,299
    Blog Entries
    157
    Follow Soulmaster On Twitter
    Visit Soulmaster's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Fire and Ice Mafia -- Night 1- (2/14/13)

    Quote Originally Posted by GliscorMan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulmaster View Post
    Though I do think @GliscorMan; should be pointed out. Your vote was pretty close to what Human did. So FoS: Gliscorman
    Remember this, Soul?
    Yes I do. And your point is?

    Credit for the Banner goes to Pyradox. Link to URPG stats
    Mafia Win/Lose Tally
    Black FC: 1506 9762 7606: White 2 FC: 2967-6420-8683: My Fanclub
    Winner of LOST mafia, My Little Pony: Friendship is Mafia 2, Bloons Tower Defense 5 Mafia, Fos Ro Mafia, Legendary Pokemon Mafia, War Room Mafia 5, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn Mafia, Pokemon Movie Mafia
    Writer's Workshop Moderator

  14. #104
    LVL 7 Master Mew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Nugget Bridge
    Posts
    4,016
    Blog Entries
    109

    Default Re: Fire and Ice Mafia -- Night 1- (2/14/13)

    Quote Originally Posted by Midorikawa View Post
    Thanks Ice Mafia :)

    Now anyways. VOTE: HumanDawn You said day one that you were just joke voting when you were jumping between but it didn't seem that way to me, plus you were worried about having votes on you and there's also the fact that you are so sure that Soulmaster or GM are mafia
    You don't think his post #85 could have been a towntell?

    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1198-0821

  15. #105
    I'm a servant of the lord Midorikawa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    In fields of grey
    Posts
    10,564
    Blog Entries
    18

    Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Fire and Ice Mafia -- Night 1- (2/14/13)

    Quote Originally Posted by Master Mew View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Midorikawa View Post
    Thanks Ice Mafia :)

    Now anyways. VOTE: HumanDawn You said day one that you were just joke voting when you were jumping between but it didn't seem that way to me, plus you were worried about having votes on you and there's also the fact that you are so sure that Soulmaster or GM are mafia
    You don't think his post #85 could have been a towntell?
    If we look at the quote:
    Quote Originally Posted by HumanDawn
    So that confirms that every Town member is a Grass-type. Starter too.
    It's easily something that could have been inferred from the dead townie. Also note that he assumed that all were starters when the number of starters doesn't match the number of actual townies. Mafia know each other and most likely know that each other are the same type of pokemon therefore a mafia could guess that town is grass types as the mafia are their own same types. While it could be a town tell, it's not enough to wave me from my suspicions when Human has yet to prove that he's town to me at all. Human is a cunning player and it wouldn't be wise to assume from one post.

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •