Mafia: Fire and Ice Mafia --Fire Mafia won! (2/26/13) - Page 6
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire and Ice Mafia --Fire Mafia won! (2/26/13)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Fire and Ice Mafia -- Day 1- (2/11/13)

Sorry I haven't been as active as I should be. I've been really sick today. I can't think straight for more than a few seconds at a time. Because my vote on Human was intended to bring more pressure, I feel that my vote is not, as Master Mew so eloquently put it: "optimally placed". However, at this point, I don't feel comfortable voting for anyone else.

Unvote: HumanDawn

Credit to HikaruIzumi for the awesome avatar!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

@Master Mew;
    What can I respond? You may continue to vote me off because it looks like I'm not helping, but say... be more careful with your surroundings. I can't do anything about day one votes because I don't have any reads and pressuring me for one isn't going to work. Also, I haven't done anything bad that caused the town extreme failure so I have no defense.

And it seems like you are very fond of choosing me as your fav lynch target.

Super Moderator Paperhorse's Avatar Forum Head
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow Paperhorse on Tumblr

Update pending.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I was the last vote on your wagon, not the first, and I didn't vote you for your playstyle, I voted you for three very specific, clearly stated reasons - which you have still opted to ignore.

It's not a personal grudge, it's a concise, reasoned case - I find your actions legitimately suspicious.
    Last edited by Master Mew; 14th February 2013 at 10:08 PM.

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1198-0821

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Happy Valentines Day! Have some Valentines:

Dark Blueberry, A Vanilla Townie has been lynched.

Phase will update 2/15/13 at 10:00 PM EST Send in those actions!

Special thanks to Zenax for finding those Valentines.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Default Re: Fire and Ice Mafia -- Night 1- (2/14/13)

Right, now it's personal

Kidding XDD. Good luck, town!!

Hipsteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer Phoenicks's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Future note: If you are not willing to participate in a phase of gameplay, then you will be subbed out. Thank you,

Phoenicks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

@Hosts: The rules were ambiguous about this and I only just thought to ask: Can we talk during the Night Phase?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

There is no rule against it, so feel free.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

So that confirms that every Town member is a Grass-type. Starter too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by HumanDawn View Post
    So that confirms that every Town member is a Grass-type. Starter too.
    Considering grass types are weak to fire and grass it is safe to assume we're all grass types, though assuming all are starters would be wrong since there are five if one doesn't count the newly released Chespin, grass starters, and seven townies.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow FinalArcadia on Tumblr Visit FinalArcadia's Youtube Channel

I'd guess that town is a combination of both grass starters and other memorable (or notable) grass types.

But anyway, from the events of Day 1, I'd like to ask this to @GliscorMan...

You say that you didn't feel your vote was optimally placed, and thus unvoted Human (and never voted again), but the reason you didn't unvote sooner was because you could only think straight for seconds at a time. If the vote was only intended to be a pressure vote, at what point did you determine that it served its purpose?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

@HumanDawn
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Mew View Post
    I'm waffling between Dark Blueberry and HumanDawn at the moment, I'd like to hear from Dark Blueberry regarding her post #48, and from HumanDawn regarding (a) my explanation of why his wagon is so stubborn, and (b) my analysis of the dynamics between his and Dark Blueberry's wagons, with particular attention to why he thinks Soulmaster is the Scum pushing the wagon on him (I was actually leaning toward GliscorMan, whose vote felt the most sheepish and least timely of all).
    Still waiting.

Do you still think Soulmaster is the Scum lurking in your wagon? I'm still leaning toward GliscorMan, especially after his post #76, where he unvoted you but said he didn't, "feel comfortable voting for anyone else" - right before the alternative wagon flipped Town.

@GliscorMan

GliscorMan: Do you feel your vote for HumanDawn is still optimally placed? If so, what is it about Human's rebuttal that dissatisfies you? If not, who will you be voting for now and why?
    You answered the first question by unvoting, but didn't explain why (see FinalArcadia's post above mine). More to the point, you gave the impression that you had no reads on anyone in post #76, do you have any suspects? You erased any responsibility for your HumanDawn vote by calling it a "pressure vote" (though you can definitely see why someone might think you agreed with the case on him at the time), then neglected to place a vote on anyone else, or question anyone else.

Could I solicit one scum- or town-read from you?

@Feralize

Feralize: Do you suspect anyone at the moment? You poked holes in a couple of the weaker reasons behind the Dark Blueberry and Human wagons, but didn't actually commit to a position on either of them.
    It's a little less useful now that Dark Blueberry has flipped Town, but I'd still like to hear from you on this.

As a general rule, I don't like letting someone slip through a Phase without giving their opinion on the top wagons. Makes it too easy for Scum to point back later and say they disagreed with the lynch, if they flipped Town, or agreed with it, if they flipped Scum.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

@HumanDawn
    I'm waffling between Dark Blueberry and HumanDawn at the moment, I'd like to hear from Dark Blueberry regarding her post #48, and from HumanDawn regarding (a) my explanation of why his wagon is so stubborn, and (b) my analysis of the dynamics between his and Dark Blueberry's wagons, with particular attention to why he thinks Soulmaster is the Scum pushing the wagon on him (I was actually leaning toward GliscorMan, whose vote felt the most sheepish and least timely of all).
    Still waiting.

Do you still think Soulmaster is the Scum lurking in your wagon? I'm still leaning toward GliscorMan, especially after his post #76, where he unvoted you but said he didn't, "feel comfortable voting for anyone else" - right before the alternative wagon flipped Town.
    a) I think I'd have taken the blame too, as I would have helped lynching him. I wouldn't have kept it anyway, and if it is uncharacteristical of me, I haven't done it as scum either.

b) That's if the lynch went through, and I think I would have taken the responsibility if it did.

Yeah.

Actually I'm just going to go ahead and 99.9% him as scum. Gliscorman is an interesting case, as he voted me for being "touchy"(???), yet he didn't vote for Dark Blueberry who was acting anti town. Maybe he's scum buddies with Soulmaster, or on different scum teams.

I think if 1 kill happens, I'll know who I'll be going for.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

@HumanDawn; @Master Mew; @FinalArcadia;

To address the suspicions against me:

The early stuff I do D1 is done with the express intent of making things happen and figuring out how people act, without causing a lynch. That's how I play, that's what I do. If I remember correctly, I had a total of 3 posts D1.

The first was the pressure vote.

The second came shortly afterward, addressing how Human had suddenly got extremely defensive, even though there was still two days left in the phase.

The third was my unvoting him, because I felt that people were yelling at me as if this was the Fire Emblem Mafia, where the votes actually count as damage.

There was a large time gap between the second and third posts, which was when I was busy barfing my stomach out. Apparently, while I was doing this, DB said some things that you guys classified as "anti-town". Not scum, just "anti-town" (Interesting, no?). When I was finally feeling well enough and able to think long enough to get back online, there was roughly a half hour left in the phase.

I reread things a little (although apparently not carefully enough), and decided that my "case", as you guys so kindly put it, wasn't founded enough to deserve a vote, even though it was initially a pressure vote intended to be taken off after the rebuttal. I removed my vote, hoping for at least a little time for discussion before the phase ended. Then I barfed again and fell asleep out of exhaustion.

Conclusion:

It was intended to be a pressure vote (In my experience, pressure votes only work if you attempt a little reasoning initially. If you just vote someone, it gets blown away as joke-voting.), but circumstances beyond my control screwed me over, so the vote remained.

Credit to HikaruIzumi for the awesome avatar!

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast