Mafia: Fire and Ice Mafia --Fire Mafia won! (2/26/13) - Page 5
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire and Ice Mafia --Fire Mafia won! (2/26/13)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

Default Re: Fire and Ice Mafia -- Day 1- (2/11/13)

Quote Originally Posted by Soulmaster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HumanDawn View Post
    "I just kidded around in the first Day Phase of the Fire and Ice Mafia that lasts 72 hours by voting players randomly. I mean, it's Day One, and one look at my purposely poor grammar should be obvious that I'm just kidding around. It's not like a bandwagon will just be put on me for no good reason, LOL."

*goes to check out thread*

But now that the following votes have given me something to talk about...

PLvsAA Music - 42 - Phoenix Wright ~ Objection! 2012 - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Midorikawa View Post
    My vote was the most serious in the game and you were quick to jump on it voting with me.Then MM had a reason for voting me that wasn't joking and you followed suit. Why exactly are you jumping along with others votes? @HumanDawn;
    Yeah, so? It's Day One. Can't I jump on other votes until this game becomes serious enough?

I have to agree with Midori. Why are you just jumping around when others vote? You voted for MM with little reason and then changed to Midori with the same amount of info.

Vote: HumanDawn
    My vote on MM, if it wasn't obvious enough already, was a joke vote "it's about time he's scum". Same with Midorikawa, "master mew brings up some good points", which well, I'd be using Master Mew's reasoning, which is more info than the nothing from "it's about time he's scum".

oh and pls respond and unvote when you get the chance

Quote Originally Posted by GliscorMan View Post

Wishy-washy. Huh.
    what the hell

Um, bandwagon vote much?

It's really amusing how you're all voting me for joke voting somebody who already has a vote, and then you guys do the same thing without joking.

okay i'm done protecting myself

I'm pretty sure there wasn't some comment about me being reckless(when i'm pretty sure the votes put on me are the reckless ones) worth defending myself from.

Unvote: Midorikawa
    Vote: Soulmaster

I'm pretty sure that with that vote on me, and his "excuses", as they should be called, to vote me come from his Mafia self.
    My "Mafia self"? What is a Mafia self? And excuses? What excuses? All I did was point out why I thought you were acting strange. Since when were those "excuses"?

And no as of right now I'm keeping my vote exactly where it is.
    you know

when you do absolutely nothing and jump on bandwagons with no good reason and keep your vote till the end of the phase when said reason is diminished?

Excuses as in the reasoning is so weak, it counts an excuse. No you didn't. You also voted me.

okay

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Follow Soulmaster On Twitter
    Visit Soulmaster's Youtube Channel

"I just kidded around in the first Day Phase of the Fire and Ice Mafia that lasts 72 hours by voting players randomly. I mean, it's Day One, and one look at my purposely poor grammar should be obvious that I'm just kidding around. It's not like a bandwagon will just be put on me for no good reason, LOL."

My vote was the most serious in the game and you were quick to jump on it voting with me.Then MM had a reason for voting me that wasn't joking and you followed suit. Why exactly are you jumping along with others votes? @HumanDawn;
    Yeah, so? It's Day One. Can't I jump on other votes until this game becomes serious enough?

I have to agree with Midori. Why are you just jumping around when others vote? You voted for MM with little reason and then changed to Midori with the same amount of info.

My vote on MM, if it wasn't obvious enough already, was a joke vote "it's about time he's scum". Same with Midorikawa, "master mew brings up some good points", which well, I'd be using Master Mew's reasoning, which is more info than the nothing from "it's about time he's scum".

Wishy-washy. Huh.
    what the hell

Um, bandwagon vote much?

It's really amusing how you're all voting me for joke voting somebody who already has a vote, and then you guys do the same thing without joking.

I'm pretty sure there wasn't some comment about me being reckless(when i'm pretty sure the votes put on me are the reckless ones) worth defending myself from.

I'm pretty sure that with that vote on me, and his "excuses", as they should be called, to vote me come from his Mafia self.
    My "Mafia self"? What is a Mafia self? And excuses? What excuses? All I did was point out why I thought you were acting strange. Since when were those "excuses"?

you know

when you do absolutely nothing and jump on bandwagons with no good reason and keep your vote till the end of the phase when said reason is diminished?

Excuses as in the reasoning is so weak, it counts an excuse. No you didn't. You also voted me.

okay
    How was I jumping on a bandwagon. All it was was 1 vote on you. A bandwagon in my mind doesn't really start until like 4 votes have been placed.

I can see that. But still just mostly randomly voting for someone that already has a vote on them, not something that can be blown off that easily. Touche.

Though I do think @GliscorMan; should be pointed out. Your vote was pretty close to what Human did. So FoS: Gliscorman

Sorry midori and GM for all these extra quotes.

Credit for the Banner goes to Pyradox. Link to URPG stats
    Mafia Win/Lose Tally
    Black FC: 1506 9762 7606: White 2 FC: 2967-6420-8683: My Fanclub
    Winner of LOST mafia, My Little Pony: Friendship is Mafia 2, Bloons Tower Defense 5 Mafia, Fos Ro Mafia, Legendary Pokemon Mafia, War Room Mafia 5, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn Mafia, Pokemon Movie Mafia
    Writer's Workshop Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yawn. It's called a pressure vote, son. Seems like it worked, too, considering how touchy Human got.

Credit to HikaruIzumi for the awesome avatar!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

Wishy-washy. Huh.
    what the hell

Um, bandwagon vote much?

you know

okay
    How was I jumping on a bandwagon. All it was was 1 vote on you. A bandwagon in my mind doesn't really start until like 4 votes have been placed.

I can see that. But still just mostly randomly voting for someone that already has a vote on them, not something that can be blown off that easily. Touche.

Though I do think @GliscorMan; should be pointed out. Your vote was pretty close to what Human did. So FoS: Gliscorman

Sorry midori and GM for all these extra quotes.
    A bandwagon is when a vote is placed on somebody, and votes are followed quickly. Serious votes.

Yes, but as I already said, I was kidding around. You were apparently being serious.

Yawn. It's called a pressure vote, son. Seems like it worked, too, considering how touchy Human got.
    "Touchy"? Wouldn't a normal Townie be "touchy" too?

I can overcome anything! Midorikawa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

@Soulmaster; @HumanDawn; Please take me out of your quote pyramid. I'm subscribed so extra notifications is just annoyuing unless I', being talked to

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Blueberry View Post
    @Master Mew;
    Oh come on... it's Day 1. We could go ahead and just Vote: da Mafiaz and be done with it. Just take it as a laugh XDD
    True but we should be trying to find ways to start conversation which I managed to do with my MM vote. At thi point there should start being serious votes and conversation, not joking. So DB what are your thoughts on the current situation?
    'Why so serious?'

This.
    Really? Joking around and not being serious is how the mafia will get by and win. Why are you content with doing nothing to help town?
    So what exactly do we get from Day 1 by asking serious questions on obvious joke votes? If these are reaction tests then fine. But mafias aren't going to show up on Day one obv, so unless there's a valid reason, I'm not voting or asking much.

And will you guys please take your votes off me XDD I know it's not majority, But it's making me nervous in case this turns into a bandwagon

I can overcome anything! Midorikawa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

@Master Mew;
    Oh come on... it's Day 1. We could go ahead and just Vote: da Mafiaz and be done with it. Just take it as a laugh XDD
    True but we should be trying to find ways to start conversation which I managed to do with my MM vote. At thi point there should start being serious votes and conversation, not joking. So DB what are your thoughts on the current situation?
    'Why so serious?'

This.
    Really? Joking around and not being serious is how the mafia will get by and win. Why are you content with doing nothing to help town?
    So what exactly do we get from Day 1 by asking serious questions on obvious joke votes? If these are reaction tests then fine. But mafias aren't going to show up on Day one obv, so unless there's a valid reason, I'm not voting or asking much.

And will you guys please take your votes off me XDD I know it's not majority, But it's making me nervous in case this turns into a bandwagon
    and how do you know they won't turn up day one. Also asking questions is how we are lead to serious conversation. You're also being jumpy for two votes on you

UNVOTE: HumanDawn
    VOTE:Dark Blueberry

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

"Touchy"? Wouldn't a normal Townie be "touchy" too?
    Not nearly that touchy, unless I'm greatly mistaken.

Credit to HikaruIzumi for the awesome avatar!

Super Moderator Paperhorse's Avatar Forum Head
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow Paperhorse on Tumblr

Vote Count

Sunburn (1): FinalArcadia
    Midorikawa (1): Master Mew
    HumanDawn (3): DrumBeats, Soulmaster, GliscorMan
    Dark Blueberry (3): Sourcandy, Zima, Midorikawa
    Soulmaster (1): HumanDawn

Majority is 7 votes.

Deadline is 2/14/13 at 10 PM EST

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Dark Blueberry: I find more Scum in Day 1 interactions than any other Phase (looking back on those interactions later, not necessarily at the time). Sitting around waiting for serious discussion to begin before contributing... does not generate serious discussion. Waiting only delays the onset of real scumhunting - that's why it's anti-town, that's why it's pro-scum, and that's why people are voting for you.

You could be Town just playing anti-town, but a better defense would be to actually be pro-town and start asking serious questions and using your vote to pressure scum.

This post felt forced to me, like you're trying a little too hard to adhere to what you think I expect from you as Town on Day 1.

Human: The reason people are still voting for you after you explained that you were joking:

1. You were accused of sheeping behind other people's votes, which is uncharacteristically impassive for you - the implication is that you were following others' votes rather than starting your own wagon to avoid responsibility for those votes (because the person who starts the wagon is usually the one blamed).

2. You claim they were joke votes (and I believe this). The problem: Calling your votes "just a joke" is actually still "avoid[ing] responsibility for those votes."

That's why the wagon hasn't moved off you since you explained yourself.

I'm not sure what to make of some of the wagon dynamics at this point - it's interesting that Zima's counterwagon on Dark Blueberry has picked up so much steam, and is now tied with the HumanDawn wagon via Midorikawa's recent unvote/vote. I would be suspicious of Mido for that if she hadn't been the one who started the HumanDawn wagon to begin with.

I'm leaning Town on Midorikawa for that move, as I can see zero scum motivation for jumping off the HumanDawn wagon (that she started) to join the Dark Blueberry counterwagon.

I'm waffling between Dark Blueberry and HumanDawn at the moment, I'd like to hear from Dark Blueberry regarding her post #48, and from HumanDawn regarding (a) my explanation of why his wagon is so stubborn, and (b) my analysis of the dynamics between his and Dark Blueberry's wagons, with particular attention to why he thinks Soulmaster is the Scum pushing the wagon on him (I was actually leaning toward GliscorMan, whose vote felt the most sheepish and least timely of all).

Going to drop my vote on GliscorMan for the moment, and ask him this:

GliscorMan: Do you feel your vote for HumanDawn is still optimally placed? If so, what is it about Human's rebuttal that dissatisfies you? If not, who will you be voting for now and why?

Vote: GliscorMan

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1198-0821

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

if I had a penny for every time someone asked to remove the votes from them because they were scared to die, I would have, well, a penny. Anywho, I really didn't like how you worded that post and because of that

[Unvote]
    [Vote: Dark Blueberry]

Why are you so afraid of losing? If you're town then chances are you're vanilla. Not that much of a loss if we can get significant information from it.
    My life is a nightmare

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I don't necessarily agree that we can't joke at all Day 1 and we must be serious at all times or else the mafia will get us. However, I do agree that the random bandwagons are getting a bit ridiculous at this point (because of sheeping; justified votes are fine by me).

I can see that. But still just mostly randomly voting for someone that already has a vote on them, not something that can be blown off that easily.
    I don't like this reasoning at all. I honestly think this is like saying (and feel free to contest this) "I'm bandwagoning because it's serious" following earlier claims of "I didn't bandwagon".

Edit: @Paperhorse; @Phoenicks; Light Bringer is now known as Feralize.
    Last edited by Feralize; 14th February 2013 at 01:25 AM. Reason: what is grammar + name change

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

@Master Mew; Pokemon Best Wishes2 Mafia hasn't told you anything, it seems.
    @Sourcandy;
    So Vanillas are not important and should die willingly? o_O

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Pokemon Best Wishes2 Mafia hasn't told you anything, it seems.
    What should it have told me? That sometimes someone who's acting anti-town really is Town? I already said that in the post you were responding to:

Quote Originally Posted by Master Mew View Post
    You could be Town just playing anti-town, but a better defense would be to actually be pro-town and start asking serious questions and using your vote to pressure scum.
    I said it in that game, as well, so I'll assume you already knew that I was well aware of that possibility. Are you suggesting that acting anti-town is actually a reason not to vote for you? That because you flipped Town last time you were lynched for being anti-town, we should never do it again?

Acting anti-town is never going to be a towntell.

By the way, I wasn't even voting for you.

Unvote: GliscorMan
    Vote: Dark Blueberry

Not for being anti-town (though under normal circumstances that would be reason enough).

Reasons:

1. Trying to apply anti-town behavior as a meta-towntell.

2. Misrepresenting Sourcandy's post, instead of addressing the case against you:
    @Sourcandy;
    So Vanillas are not important and should die willingly? o_O
    No one ever said you should die willingly, in fact avoiding becoming a mislynch is an important aspect of playing pro-town, as mislynches hurt the Town - Sourcandy was pointing out how inordinately defensive you were being about what was at the time a relatively small wagon.

3. You haven't been answering questions or addressing the points brought against you (for instance, in the post you previously responded to, you neglected to address the single point I said I needed to hear from you about before I would decide whether or not to vote for you).

Aside/Meta-Rant:

Feralize: Do you suspect anyone at the moment? You poked holes in a couple of the weaker reasons behind the Dark Blueberry and Human wagons, but didn't actually commit to a position on either of them.
    Last edited by Master Mew; 14th February 2013 at 03:17 PM. Reason: I should probably say something about the quote, shouldn't I. <.<;

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Double-post to point out the deadline is in two hours and @Dark Blueberry is currently leading with fout votes, followed by @HumanDawn with three votes.

It takes seven votes to hammer, but there will still be a plurality lynch at deadline without a hammer. If anyone objects to the current wagons, you are running out of time to say so.

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast