Mafia: Fire and Ice Mafia --Fire Mafia won! (2/26/13) - Page 11
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 273

Thread: Fire and Ice Mafia --Fire Mafia won! (2/26/13)

  1. #151
    URPG! GliscorMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Johto
    Posts
    2,967
    Blog Entries
    9

    Default Re: Fire and Ice Mafia -- Day 2- (2/15/13)

    @FinalArcadia;, why are you so convinced that I never answered your question in N1? I did. Thoroughly. And mentioned you in the post. Want me to procure it again?

    Quote Originally Posted by FinalArcadia View Post
    You say that you didn't feel your vote was optimally placed, and thus unvoted Human (and never voted again), but the reason you didn't unvote sooner was because you could only think straight for seconds at a time. If the vote was only intended to be a pressure vote, at what point did you determine that it served its purpose?
    This is your post questioning me, to which Master Mew provided a much more thorough followup. I answered both in post #90 and clarified what I meant when Master Mew continued the questioning in post #94. And if you STILL think that I haven't answered your question through a direct lawyer-ish word-twist, consider this. In order to even think that the pressure vote was enough, I would have had to have read the actual thread. You ask me an unanswerable question, because I literally could not have an opinion on the pressure vote until I read it. Which is to say that, while I was sick, I did not read the thread. The question implies that I chose to be inactive, which is why it is unanswerable in the way you intended.

    Furthermore, you didn't just change the subject when I questioned you, you turned it against me. Attacking the accuser's credentials. Which had already been proven. You just completely dodged every single question I asked you, and when I pointed out that Master Mew and Midorikawa asked questions of you, too, you completely brushed them off and brought the conversation back to me. If that's not question dodging a question, I don't know what is.

    You even OMGUSd Zima, who was the only person who voted you that didn't have an argument against you to back them up, hence why I call it an OMGUS.

    Regarding Zima, herself, I don't think it's necessarily a scumslip. It seemed like she intended to place the vote on a bandwagon, which is questionable in itself, but the misslynch comment was probably a casual slipup. A null-read, if anything at all. We shouldn't be questioning the risk comment, but the fact that she bandwagonned.

    Credit to HikaruIzumi for the awesome avatar!

  2. #152
    Justice HumanDawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Another Plane
    Posts
    1,137
    Blog Entries
    21

    Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

    Default Re: Fire and Ice Mafia -- Day 2- (2/15/13)

    trying to scumhunt when you're sick sucks ><

    I see that Gliscorman brought up good points(for real not a joke vote like day 1). I guess it was a bit odd how nobody jumped in to hammer....

    UNVOTE: Zima
    VOTE: FinalArcadia


    This is just so confusing omg.

  3. #153
    One Night, One Life Mayfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,633
    Blog Entries
    122

    Default Re: Fire and Ice Mafia -- Day 2- (2/15/13)

    Okay. I may have phrased that poorly...

    @FinalArcadia; are you trying to deflect attention off yourself by shifting the attention to my "slip-up?" It looks to me like you are getting pretty desperate.
    FLY TO THE END OF LIFE

  4. #154
    URPG! GliscorMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Johto
    Posts
    2,967
    Blog Entries
    9

    Default Re: Fire and Ice Mafia -- Day 2- (2/15/13)

    Quote Originally Posted by HumanDawn View Post
    trying to scumhunt when you're sick sucks ><
    Tell me about it.

    Either way, I'd prefer that I hear from FinalArcadia before someone hammers.

    Credit to HikaruIzumi for the awesome avatar!

  5. #155
    Justice Pilot FinalArcadia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Preparing for battle
    Posts
    2,777
    Blog Entries
    53

    Follow FinalArcadia on Tumblr Visit FinalArcadia's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Fire and Ice Mafia -- Day 2- (2/15/13)

    Quote Originally Posted by GliscorMan View Post
    @FinalArcadia;, why are you so convinced that I never answered your question in N1? I did. Thoroughly. And mentioned you in the post. Want me to procure it again?
    I'm convinced because I still don't see it. You gave some answers, but not one to what I was asking. Maybe I could've worded my question better, granted, but I was looking for what point in-thread was the exact moment while reading through that you decided, "Okay, this pressure vote isn't needed anymore." And to that, I have not seen an answer.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gliscorman
    Furthermore, you didn't just change the subject when I questioned you, you turned it against me. Attacking the accuser's credentials. Which had already been proven. You just completely dodged every single question I asked you, and when I pointed out that Master Mew and Midorikawa asked questions of you, too, you completely brushed them off and brought the conversation back to me. If that's not question dodging a question, I don't know what is.
    I don't know how your credentials have been so proven, honestly. There's no cop, and I don't see irrefutable evidence that you must be town, so that is irrelevant, and if I find you suspicious, well, then I'm going to say something about it.

    About Master Mew and Midorikawa, I think you're confusing questions with observations or accusations. I still don't see what I've avoided, since they pointed out why they found me suspicious, but didn't directly have questions for me. And anything that I could say to that I already said in my initial post this phase to you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zima
    You even OMGUSd Zima, who was the only person who voted you that didn't have an argument against you to back them up, hence why I call it an OMGUS.
    What? Isn't the fact that she DIDN'T have an argument against me and just seemed to vote for the sake of it without concern for mislynching enough reason to vote her? Call it what you will, but that was not an OMGUS.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gliscorman
    Regarding Zima, herself, I don't think it's necessarily a scumslip. It seemed like she intended to place the vote on a bandwagon, which is questionable in itself, but the misslynch comment was probably a casual slipup. A null-read, if anything at all. We shouldn't be questioning the risk comment, but the fact that she bandwagonned.
    Anything could easily be said to simply be a "casual slipup." And all right then, let's question her bandwagoning and cut to the chase, shall we?

    @Zima

    What are your reasons for voting me?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zima
    @FinalArcadia; are you trying to deflect attention off yourself by shifting the attention to my "slip-up?" It looks to me like you are getting pretty desperate.
    You sure keep bringing it up that I found it suspicious, too. You voted me before all this happened, so I know this isn't the only reason you voted me. So what was?

    And there's no attempt at attention deflecting. I'm in the thick of this mess, and while I have the attention, I may as well shed some light on the people I find suspicious. It may help town after I get lynched, anyway.

  6. #156
    One Night, One Life Mayfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,633
    Blog Entries
    122

    Default Re: Fire and Ice Mafia -- Day 2- (2/15/13)

    I voted you because other players have brought up excellent points about why we should be lynching you. The better question, FinalArcadia, would be why we shouldn't be voting you. You, as of right now, have the highest chance of flipping mafia of any of the other players in this game as well as the most evidence on you. Aside from other people's observations, I pointed out that you look like you're trying to turn the attention to me and you started calling my quote a scumslip right after Midorikawa did. (Which I just admitted was poor phrasing.)
    FLY TO THE END OF LIFE

  7. #157
    Justice Pilot FinalArcadia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Preparing for battle
    Posts
    2,777
    Blog Entries
    53

    Follow FinalArcadia on Tumblr Visit FinalArcadia's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Fire and Ice Mafia -- Day 2- (2/15/13)

    Quote Originally Posted by Zima View Post
    I voted you because other players have brought up excellent points about why we should be lynching you. The better question, FinalArcadia, would be why we shouldn't be voting you. You, as of right now, have the highest chance of flipping mafia of any of the other players in this game as well as the most evidence on you. Aside from other people's observations, I pointed out that you look like you're trying to turn the attention to me and you started calling my quote a scumslip right after Midorikawa did. (Which I just admitted was poor phrasing.)
    Excellent points, though? It seems primarily for inactivity (and hey, that sure stopped now, LOL) and for me not having answered some questions that I still don't see.

    When inactivity seems to be (at least that's how I perceive it, I may be wrong) the main factor - or one of them - with not much else, I don't see why I should be lynched. Other people seem more suspicious, and other people have even been more inactive, thus rendering that part nonsensical.

    I keep bringing you up because you are one of those people I find suspicious, so logically I would bring attention to that fact. I'm not trying to deflect attention onto you completely, since if I'm going to be called out for being too quiet, I may as well relish this.

    Already I've addressed the bit about Midorikawa. I didn't use the exact same phrasing, but the intent of what I posted and what she said are the same. And now that Master Mew has brought it up, "scum-motivation" is a better phrase anyway. And it's very easy to say that something was just poorly worded/phrased, but often, that's how a slip would manifest.

  8. #158
    URPG! GliscorMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Johto
    Posts
    2,967
    Blog Entries
    9

    Default Re: Fire and Ice Mafia -- Day 2- (2/15/13)

    Did I miss this phase's title of "Ad Hominum against GliscorMan" or something? Everybody's been attacking me, not my case against them. That's one of the biggest logical fallacies in existence, and one of the most convincing to boot. It's kinda making me sick to my stomach. And a quite a bit angry.

    I'm gonna take a short break so I don't end up getting into a blood frenzy or something.

    Things to note while I go blow things up:

    1. FinalArcadia is twisting my words. Really badly.
    2. FinalArcadia refuses to acknowledge other people's suspicions of her as having any merit at all.
    3. FinalArcadia refuses to acknowledge that I already explained just about everything I did D1. Twice.
    4. FinalArcadia refuses to acknowledge that there was ever any more to anyone's argument against her other than inactivity.
    5. FinalArcadia will, no doubt, bring it back to the third point and deny that I even made any effort.
    6. It dawns on Zima that maybe FinalArcadia is directing the argument directly at her instead of her case, then FA proceeds to press harder and deny everything.
    7. FinalArcadia misinterpreted my words so that she could use them as an implied attack against Zima.

    Credit to HikaruIzumi for the awesome avatar!

  9. #159
    Chief of Police Midorikawa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Without a Ceilng
    Posts
    11,140
    Blog Entries
    23

    Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Fire and Ice Mafia -- Day 2- (2/15/13)

    @Zima; I didn't notice your possible slip up until I saw it in FA's wall post so she brought it up first not me.
    @FinalArcadia; Here is what you never answered and "couldn't find" considering it had a lot of text with a mention of you.

  10. #160
    Justice Pilot FinalArcadia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Preparing for battle
    Posts
    2,777
    Blog Entries
    53

    Follow FinalArcadia on Tumblr Visit FinalArcadia's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Fire and Ice Mafia -- Day 2- (2/15/13)

    Quote Originally Posted by GliscorMan View Post
    Things to note while I go blow things up:

    1. FinalArcadia is twisting my words. Really badly.
    2. FinalArcadia refuses to acknowledge other people's suspicions of her as having any merit at all.
    3. FinalArcadia refuses to acknowledge that I already explained just about everything I did D1. Twice.
    4. FinalArcadia refuses to acknowledge that there was ever any more to anyone's argument against her other than inactivity.
    5. FinalArcadia will, no doubt, bring it back to the third point and deny that I even made any effort.
    6. It dawns on Zima that maybe FinalArcadia is directing the argument directly at her instead of her case, then FA proceeds to press harder and deny everything.
    7. FinalArcadia misinterpreted my words so that she could use them as an implied attack against Zima.
    I don't agree with other peoples' suspicions of me, because I know that they lead to an incorrect conclusion. And they really don't have much behind them other than inactivity, meta, and my refusing to answer questions that I don't see (?).

    As for your explanation of Day 1, the answer to my question was never received. I was looking for something more specific. Clearly, neither of us are budging on this point, and dropping it is apparently best.

    Where did I say there was no reason for people voting me other than inactivity? I said it was the main reason, but I did at least acknowledge that you're saying I didn't answer questions... even if I disagree there.

    I press harder on Zima because I find her scummy. And I'll keep doing so if necessary.

    If everyone is so convinced I'm mafia, then by all means, lay down the hammer someone. But once that happens, I implore you all to carefully read through this phase's events, because I'm certain you will have obtained some useful info from it.

    I am town. And if you want to avoid a mislynch, then unvoting me would be in town's best interest. And with that, I rest my case.

    @Midorikawa

    Okay, thank you. ^^ I've kind of said all I had to say from back at that point, since the night kill really didn't seem to be a source of anything substantial. And as for the votes... that leads me back to this Gliscorman situation, which I've expressed my thoughts on quite a bit now.

  11. #161
    LVL 7 Master Mew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Nugget Bridge
    Posts
    4,048
    Blog Entries
    109

    Default Re: Fire and Ice Mafia -- Day 2- (2/15/13)

    I'm on my phone at work at the moment, so I'll be brief. My thoughts on this debate now:

    Strong townread on GliscorMan for his eruption in post #158. That sort of frustration is hard to pull off as Scum. If he's Scum, he's playing well.

    At the same time, this debate has some of the characteristics of a Town-on-Town spat, so if FinalArcadia is to the point of challenging someone to hammer, she should really claim first.

    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1198-0821

  12. #162
    Justice Pilot FinalArcadia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Preparing for battle
    Posts
    2,777
    Blog Entries
    53

    Follow FinalArcadia on Tumblr Visit FinalArcadia's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Fire and Ice Mafia -- Day 2- (2/15/13)

    Not a whole lot to claim, since I'm a vanilla. XD

  13. #163
    Super Moderator Paperhorse's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,285
    Blog Entries
    18

    Follow Paperhorse on Tumblr

    Default Re: Fire and Ice Mafia -- Day 2- (2/15/13)

    Vote Count:

    Feralize (1): Master Mew
    FinalArcadia (4): Midorikawa, Gliscorman, Zima, HumanDawn
    Zima (1): FinalArcadia

    Phase is ending in about two hours.

  14. #164

    Default Re: Fire and Ice Mafia -- Day 2- (2/15/13)

    Quote Originally Posted by Master Mew View Post
    For the record, I voted for you based on my interpretation of the posts you have made, not the posts you haven't:

    Quote Originally Posted by Master Mew View Post
    Feralize abstained from RVS Day 1 but jumped in to question a couple weak links in the prevailing wagons. She's made one post since then, promising forthcoming reads. Poking holes in the Dark Blueberry and Human wagons without committing to a position on them really makes me uneasy. Leaning Scum here - might change when I hear her reads, but for now:

    Vote: Feralize
    I noted your absence during RVS, and that I only had two posts to go off of at the time, but I didn't say that your activity level was what made me suspicious.
    Very well. I understand your interpretation, and hope I've given you a little more to work with.

    Quote Originally Posted by Master Mew View Post
    There's also nothing wrong with people wanting to hear more from you. If you're Town, we want your reads to help us catch Scum. If you're Scum, we want you to post more so we can catch you.
    I'm aware, it's fundamental to the game. I do apologize for my relative inactivity, and will attempt to post a bit more.

  15. #165
    Super Moderator Paperhorse's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,285
    Blog Entries
    18

    Follow Paperhorse on Tumblr

    Default Re: Fire and Ice Mafia -- Day 2- (2/15/13)

    It was a long, long day. The pokemon argued among themselves. Finally, they chose a target.

    "But I'm town!" she screamed.

    "You're lying!" the other pokemon hissed. The unfortunate pokemon succumbed to death.


    FinalArcadia, A Vanilla Townie has been lynched.



    It is now night 2. Phase will update 2/19/13 at 10 PM EST.

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •