Mafia: Fire and Ice Mafia --Fire Mafia won! (2/26/13) - Page 10
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire and Ice Mafia --Fire Mafia won! (2/26/13)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow FinalArcadia on Tumblr Visit FinalArcadia's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Fire and Ice Mafia -- Day 2- (2/15/13)

Quote Originally Posted by HumanDawn
    Okay, you say that you "don't have an excuse", and then go ahead and GIVE US an excuse. And well, that's OOC of your Town behavior. Even if the points have been brought up, that doesn't excuse you being silent and partake in it and give us your own opinion in the game.
    First off, I hadn't been completely silent. I did ask Gliscorman my question during the night phase, a question of which I'm still not satisfied. Especially since he hasn't responded to the fact that he STILL hasn't given me an actual answer to it, no matter what he's said.

And in regards to the "excuse" part, I was saying that me having not said anything because others had addressed those points wasn't a suitable reason for being quieter than usual. So it was no excuse. It makes sense to me, okay? XD

Quote Originally Posted by Midorikawa
    I asked for your thoughts on things yet you did not answer to that.
    I still honestly don't know which post that was in. But either way, I did provide my thoughts on Gliscorman back on Night 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Mew
    She's still pressing GliscorMan from last phase, but she hasn't voted for him and isn't questioning anyone else.
    Gliscorman is one of my suspects at the moment, because he didn't provide answers that satisfied my question, I still find his Day 1 voting suspicious, and because he seems like he wants to get some panicky reaction from me, perhaps to make the lynch more justifiable and thus avoid the heat when I flip town. And with that last point, I'm referring to this:

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscorman
    You shouldn't really be worried about just my vote, you know. Mido voted you, too, making you majority.
    My other suspect is Zima. I had a null read on her prior to the current phase, but then there was this:

Quote Originally Posted by Zima
    Okay. There's a lot on FA, and we have a lot of room to mislynch so this is low-risk, and high-reward. :)
    That's it? In a game like this, I think a townie would want to be a bit more concerned with mislynching. And honestly, it looks like she just happened to notice a lot of long posts and votes, and decided, "Hey, why not?" And that's something mafia would be more inclined to do, since a mislynch doesn't matter to them.

But anyway, here's this.

VOTE: Zima

I can overcome anything! Midorikawa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Zima View Post
    Okay. There's a lot on FA, and we have a lot of room to mislynch so this is low-risk, and high-reward. :)

Vote: FinalArcadia
    Wow I missed this before. Considering that before I brought up that we don't have room for a mislynch and the fact that it lynching without 100% certainty is never low risk, this disturbs me.

@GliscorMan; @HumanDawn; @Master Mew; @Soulmaster; Since you're the most active in thread, what do you think of this post by Zima. Scumslip or naivety?

Also @Sourcandy; @Feralize; Would still like to hear from you

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Follow Soulmaster On Twitter
    Visit Soulmaster's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Midorikawa View Post

Wow I missed this before. Considering that before I brought up that we don't have room for a mislynch and the fact that it lynching without 100% certainty is never low risk, this disturbs me.
    @Soulmaster; Since you're the most active in thread, what do you think of this post by Zima. Scumslip or naivety?

never thought I would be counted in the "most active" part

Out of those 2 Scumslip is most probable. Zima hasn't really been naive to that point. She has always had a grasp on what is and wouldn't say something like that.

I would also like to.

Credit for the Banner goes to Pyradox. Link to URPG stats
    Mafia Win/Lose Tally
    Black FC: 1506 9762 7606: White 2 FC: 2967-6420-8683: My Fanclub
    Winner of LOST mafia, My Little Pony: Friendship is Mafia 2, Bloons Tower Defense 5 Mafia, Fos Ro Mafia, Legendary Pokemon Mafia, War Room Mafia 5, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn Mafia, Pokemon Movie Mafia
    Writer's Workshop Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

For one, it is impossible to be 100% sure about anyone. In this game especially, where there are two mafia factions. Not even one of those teams would know who is town or the other mafia faction. This also allows the mafia to blend in better with the town, therefore making them harder for us to pick out. We were lucky enough to have the Ice Mafia kill off a Fire mafioso. (DrumBeats)

@FinalArcadia;

I don't recall you ever dropping a single towntell, so what gives people a reason to listen to you? To me, that vote you placed on me looked like an OMGUS. Besides, you can't deny the fact that you have a lot on you. I think the chances of you being scum are much higher than GliscorMan, who I am still suspicious of. I agree with what you said about him even though I don't exactly trust you.
    FLY TO THE END OF LIFE

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I don't recall you ever dropping a single towntell, so what gives people a reason to listen to you? To me, that vote you placed on me looked like an OMGUS. Besides, you can't deny the fact that you have a lot on you. I think the chances of you being scum are much higher than GliscorMan, who I am still suspicious of. I agree with what you said about him even though I don't exactly trust you.
    Okay, and how does that relate to this at all? I haven't given a towntell, all right. But that doesn't mean that if I point out something kind of scummy that you said it should be totally disregarded. It's a legitimate point of interest, and your reaction to it honestly comes across as panicking over a slip to me. I mean, saying that I shouldn't be listened to? Then what would ever be the point of anyone trying to defend their self or anything once they have votes on them, by that logic?

There are four people I could've voted for and you call it an OMGUS. I actually had a reason in voting you, that it seemed like a scumslip.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

@GliscorMan; @HumanDawn; @Master Mew; @Soulmaster; Since you're the most active in thread, what do you think of this post by Zima. Scumslip or naivety?
    I think she was wrong to say we have room for a mislynch. Which by extension means that "low-risk, and high-reward" was also wrong.

It was a poor justification for her vote. Bad post was bad.

You mentioned a potential "Scumslip," though, which intrigues me. Can you quote the post again and underline the scumslip?

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1198-0821

I can overcome anything! Midorikawa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

@Master Mew; If it is a scum slip then the whole quote is the slip though I would say the bold seems most like it:

I think what disturbs me most is the high-reward part. I don't see how lynching FA equals a high reward considering she could be a townie.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

@FinalArcadia;

Right after Midorikawa claimed that my post was a slip, you did too. Do you mind explaining this?
    FLY TO THE END OF LIFE

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Right after Midorikawa claimed that my post was a slip, you did too. Do you mind explaining this?
    I was the one who brought attention to it in the first place, in post #136, as seen here:

Quote Originally Posted by FinalArcadia
    That's it? In a game like this, I think a townie would want to be a bit more concerned with mislynching. And honestly, it looks like she just happened to notice a lot of long posts and votes, and decided, "Hey, why not?" And that's something mafia would be more inclined to do, since a mislynch doesn't matter to them.
    As I said then, that's something mafia would be more likely to do, since it won't hurt them. Thus, a slip.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

@Everyone saying how they'd love to hear from less-active players:
    I do have to agree with Master Mew on Feralize, though. However, people have lives, so... ><
    Thank you.
    I did state that I'm not feeling well. I have spoken to Paperhorse about my activity. I'm saying this as a player rather than as a moderator: please refrain from jumping on me over my activity.

Additionally, I thought we worked out this "inactivity is a scumtell" thing a long time ago. People having lives isn't scummy and should never be looked upon as such (unless it's a matter of "they should've been subbed out a while ago but for some reason are still in - that's something else altogether).

Quote Originally Posted by Master Mew View Post
    Feralize abstained from RVS Day 1 but jumped in to question a couple weak links in the prevailing wagons. She's made one post since then, promising forthcoming reads
    Not quite:
    Quote Originally Posted by Feralize View Post
    I intend to go back over the thread as soon as possible to see if I missed anything.
    I do not have anything to say about the posts prior to that one that hasn't already been mentioned.

Poking holes in the Dark Blueberry and Human wagons without committing to a position on them really makes me uneasy.
    From what I've seen lately, it's pretty standard for Dark Blueberry to joke vote the host Day 1. You said it yourself: it's a null-tell. There may have been valid reasons for and against lynching her, but I didn't feel particularly committed to either side. Had I felt she was more scummy, I may have felt that it would be productive to lynch her, and vice-versa.

Human's votes were pretty ambiguous, and they could be interpreted differently - as an attempt to pressure others into participation (pro-town) or as an attempt to blatantly bandwagon and avoid blame (anti-town). The lack of knowledge of his actual motive (and whether or not he was joking) due to the nulltell I had on him at the time led me to take neither side. (For the record, I currently believe that Human is town.)

Lastly, I stand by what I said in this post of mine about Soulmaster. He "doesn't see" the contradiction there, and in his debate with GliscorMan, he seemed to be more concerned with making GM look bad than with defending his own actions. Scumread.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FinalArcadia View Post
    You first stated that you thought I was just jumping on a bandwagon.

Quote Originally Posted by Midorikawa

Okay, and how does that relate to this at all? I haven't given a towntell, all right. But that doesn't mean that if I point out something kind of scummy that you said it should be totally disregarded. It's a legitimate point of interest, and your reaction to it honestly comes across as panicking over a slip to me. I mean, saying that I shouldn't be listened to? Then what would ever be the point of anyone trying to defend their self or anything once they have votes on them, by that logic?

There are four people I could've voted for and you call it an OMGUS. I actually had a reason in voting you, that it seemed like a scumslip.
    You called my post a scumslip right after Midori referred to it as such.

My vote stays.
    FLY TO THE END OF LIFE

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FinalArcadia View Post
    You first stated that you thought I was just jumping on a bandwagon.
    You bolded my post in a way that completely ignores a point. Here, now if I rebold it like this:

Exactly. A townie WOULD indeed have reason to be concerned over a mislynch, yet you showed no signs of that at all. Scumslip? I'm thinking that could be the case.

You called my post a scumslip right after Midori referred to it as such.

My vote stays.
    You're really grasping at a straw there. Because I didn't use the exact wording of scumslip, even though the effect of what I said had the same effect, that is apparently suspicious.

My vote stays too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Feralize View Post
    @Everyone saying how they'd love to hear from less-active players:
    I do have to agree with Master Mew on Feralize, though. However, people have lives, so... ><
    Thank you.
    I did state that I'm not feeling well. I have spoken to Paperhorse about my activity. I'm saying this as a player rather than as a moderator: please refrain from jumping on me over my activity.
    For the record, I voted for you based on my interpretation of the posts you have made, not the posts you haven't:

Feralize abstained from RVS Day 1 but jumped in to question a couple weak links in the prevailing wagons. She's made one post since then, promising forthcoming reads. Poking holes in the Dark Blueberry and Human wagons without committing to a position on them really makes me uneasy. Leaning Scum here - might change when I hear her reads, but for now:

Vote: Feralize
    I noted your absence during RVS, and that I only had two posts to go off of at the time, but I didn't say that your activity level was what made me suspicious.

"Inactivity is not a scumtell" is true. It is also a strawman, as no one, that I can see, has said otherwise.

There's also nothing wrong with people wanting to hear more from you. If you're Town, we want your reads to help us catch Scum. If you're Scum, we want you to post more so we can catch you.

@FinalArcadia
    @Zima

You're repeating yourselves. This debate has exceeded its' usefulness, let me inject some fresh analysis:

I think the term "scumslip" here is being misapplied. A "slip" is when someone accidentally phrases something in such a way as to give away that they are subconsciously thinking something contrary to the intention of their statement. A "scumslip," by extension, is when someone phrases something in such a way as to give away that they know something about the gamestate that a Townie shouldn't.

I didn't see a "scumslip" in Zima's post, what FA is pointing to is "scum-motivation": A player doing something that would benefit the Mafia, or hurt the Town.

It's also only scum-motivation if FinalArcadia is Town, which explains why she would be so adamant about it but doesn't really help the rest of us sort it out.

FinalArcadia: Am I misunderstanding your argument, or is it basically that Zima looks scummy because she didn't seem concerned about mislynching you?

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1198-0821

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

Zima because she didn't vote for me along with the other 3 in Day 1, and voted for Dark Blueberry, which made me get a Town read. Feralize I feel like has actually been honest and helpful for the little that she posted, which gave me Town vibes. The 3 on the scum list gave me nothing. Now FinalArcadia has, with Zima giving me a scum read.

UNVOTE: FinalArcadia
    VOTE: Zima

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

FinalArcadia: Am I misunderstanding your argument, or is it basically that Zima looks scummy because she didn't seem concerned about mislynching you?
    Yes, that's pretty much the gist of it, since she doesn't seem to be concerned enough about the consequences of a mislynch, which is exactly what will happen if the majority remains on me.

Though I will agree that "scum-motivation" is a better term than scumslip, and I will now add that to my War Room vocabulary. XD

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast