Mafia: Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn Mafia (Epilogue- Rebirth) 2-27-13 - Page 19
Page 19 of 36 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn Mafia (Epilogue- Rebirth) 2-27-13

Blog Entries

Default Re: Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn Mafia (Night 3- Fly No More) 2-7-13

No! Elincia!

She was probably silenced. She couldn't come to her own defense. Which means that I'm looking at the people who used that as their majority reason in voting her. I don't know about you guys, but I consider Feli's vote on Human to simply be a pressure vote, in case Human was reading and knew something.

EDIT: And regarding the roleblock, it's obviously a Mafia power. The Maf killed the night everyone was roleblocked, so they obviously weren't.

Credit to HikaruIzumi for the awesome avatar!

Hyping over Steven Stone Kyriaki's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

I'll be away from 2/9 to 2/11. I may have limited access to the Internet.

Blog Entries

Follow FinalArcadia on Tumblr Visit FinalArcadia's Youtube Channel

About the roleblocking though, doesn't a normal roleblock in pretty much every game here stop night actions (or rather, abilities) rather than the mafia's kill? Since that's usually considered a team action, I'm not sure if the mass roleblocking would affect it.

Since the update said that everyone was roleblocked, it wouldn't make sense otherwise. The roleblocker in question could be of any alignment, I think, since it could on mafia's side stop cop checks, doctor protects, etc., while for a townie it would stop things like silencing, rolechecking, etc. Or even an independent. That they waited until the cop was dead, perhaps so as not to interrupt their check, actually makes me believe the roleblocker is more likely town.

Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

PLvsAA Music - 65 - Cross-Examination ~ Allegro [English Court Ver.] - YouTube

ya

Quote Originally Posted by GliscorMan View Post
    This all seems well and good, but the messages were anonymous. Which means that Paperhorse would have to have bluffed to his death. Which I don't see happening, he's more experienced than that. Any info he sent Kurth, if any, would be completely unhelpful and utterly useless. I don't think that's the case.
    Feliciano referred Paperhorse as "She" five times. Are you somehow talking about somebody else?

[QUOTE=GliscorMan;4600835]While I think FinalArcadia probably wouldn't have bussed a partner, let alone a Godfather/Framer/Healer... I don't know we'll have to wait and see.

Wait and see for what? If she'd lead another lynch on one of her Mafia buddies for no reason?

I'm not gonna hop on the Parmawagon just yet. Partially because I'm not sure that I'll be able to have time to unvote should he respond.
    Okay, what are the other reasons of why you didn't?

Quote Originally Posted by Fushimi View Post
    Vote: Parma

Not just for being quiet (since I'm not one to talk for that), but dodging questions means mafia or anti-town behavior.
    Well hello there. Where where you in the phase Midorikawa was lynched?

Quote Originally Posted by Flaze View Post
    Now inactivity isn't exactly a reason to suspect her, though there is the fact that she has been posting and has ignored the questions that were asked to her.

Well I'm suspicious too I'll still wait and see if she has anything to say.
    How neutral.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Blueberry View Post
    I didn't reply to her PM because I didn't know what to reply to that. She asked me on my opinion on a certain player, and I didn't have any reads on them.
    And yeah - like I said, I'm not going to trust anyone just easily. Last time I tried contacting people around for info someone killed me right in same phase XDD So I learned my lesson there not to talk too much.
    Then you tell her you didn't have any. Don't leave her in the dark.

Your reason for your actions in this game to give justification as to why you're acting differently in this game are illogical. That was because you were an Independent in that game that was trying to use their power role to steal somebody else's. They had a good justifiable reason to kill you if you were going to be threat. I can't fathom how that would translate to your Town behavior changing in anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Feliciano View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenax View Post
    As a side-note, I don't like how Feliciano basically sheeped Miar's vote.
    I just wanted to see HumanDawn's response to having votes on him based on his discussion with Paperhorse the phase she was killed, and he's more likely to respond when there's two votes on him than if there's just one. That's really all there is to it. Besides, it's not like it's going to change the outcome of this phase.
    I'd never ignore a question in a Mafia game as Mafia or Town. You'd have just asked me again if I didn't. And I'm not going to get mad over some damage. I'll probably be Nightkilled by then. What I'm annoyed at is the reasons for the damage.

As I told Zenax, I was reaction fishing. I have my reaction, and I do not find it scummy.

As for FinalArcadia, I simply thought that her vote cleared her at least a little since it was the one that ultimately killed Midorikawa. You can have suspicions all you like, but I can't imagine a mafioso, seeing that their teammate was suspected, making the conscious decision to vote them off. Aside from going against the mafia's win condition, that's just stupid, especially when she had a healing role as well. I'm not calling you scum, I'm just saying that I think that vote is a little more conclusive to FA's innocence. Does that make sense?
    Reaction fishing... from having 2 votes on me that would deal me some damage?

The one that ultimately killed Midorikawa? We planned to both lynch her on Skype. It wouldn't have made much of a difference, other than that I placed the vote and thus led the lynch. No it does not make sense at all, since it didn't justify you voting for me and lessening my HP. I'd really like a claim from you if you really trust me (since you should because it would dumb for me to lynch Midorikawa for no reason when she had no votes on her). Heck, I think from what me and FA did I can't see why nobody should claim to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Froakie View Post
    Feli, you weren't even on the bandwagon for Parma. I gotta admit, I find your reaction post odd. Not only did you sheep a vote on HumanDawn for no real reason, even after you were confused as to why the first vote was placed in the first place. It wasn't "bad luck" or really "faulty logic", it was more like we (not you, you weren't in the BW) made a mistake in reading parma, and she didn't come to her defense even once. That makes sense for us to be suspicious, and the logic wasn't faulty there, it was just a mistake with no defense from the person we were lynching.
    *thumbs up*

However it's safe to say some of the people on that bandwagon are most likely mafia.
    @Fushimi;

No! Elincia!

She was probably silenced. She couldn't come to her own defense. Which means that I'm looking at the people who used that as their majority reason in voting her. I don't know about you guys, but I consider Feli's vote on Human to simply be a pressure vote, in case Human was reading and knew something.

EDIT: And regarding the roleblock, it's obviously a Mafia power. The Maf killed the night everyone was roleblocked, so they obviously weren't.
    There was no way she could be. Everybody was said to be roleblocked. Roleblocking doesn't stop the Mafia kill.

She was probably silenced. She couldn't come to her own defense. Which means that I'm looking at the people who used that as their majority reason in voting her. I don't know about you guys, but I consider Feli's vote on Human to simply be a pressure vote, in case Human was reading and knew something..
    No, she couldn't have been. Everyone was roleblocked, it was stated twice on Day 2, meaning nothing could have been used Night 2. We've mentioned this before, but you keep persisting on it...

let justice be done, though the heavens fall

Quote Originally Posted by HumanDawn
    Where where you in the phase Midorikawa was lynched?
    You do know I wasn't on that phase, right? If I were mafia, I'm not stupid enough to not just vote that phase a fellow mafia.

I'll say more of my own thoughts later, since right now I can't really.

Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

You do know I wasn't on that phase, right? If I were mafia, I'm not stupid enough to not just vote that phase a fellow mafia.

wait were you offline all day?

Yes, because you were laying low for whatever reason, and only decided to bandwagon on Parma, who I think had a weaker reason to be lynched.

Midorikawa only had 2 votes on them, and a Mafia member wouldn't risk looking suspicious themselves by voting Fynx to tie the votes.

Then do so "later", but I doubt that you will in the end. I know that you as Mafia say that a lot, and end up doing nothing in the end.

and only decided to bandwagon on Parma, who I think had a weaker reason to be lynched
    Considering the fact she wasn't online that day and that she was now when the bandwagon happened and considering Parma didn't even come in to defend herself, I fail to see the issue.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HumanDawn View Post

PLvsAA Music - 65 - Cross-Examination ~ Allegro [English Court Ver.] - YouTube

ya
    No! Elincia!

There was no way she could be. Everybody was said to be roleblocked. Roleblocking doesn't stop the Mafia kill.

Another novice's screw-up!

...No. I'm still convinced "sleep" is a role ability, even if it was blocked that night.

But alright, then. since everyone else here is such an expert, do tell. How do nightkills work in these games? I mean, someone has to drop the guillotine.

Blog Entries

Visit KidBeano's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn Mafia (Day 3- The Last Laugh) 2-6-13

Ok, a few questions for Feli here:

...I honestly don't know whether to chalk that one up to bad luck or just faulty logic, but either way...

If you believe the logic against Parma was faulty, why did you initially vote for her? Likewise, why did you not once raise any kind of concern over Parma's lynching, even when you switched your vote to Human, if you truly believed the logic to be faulty?

I just wanted to see HumanDawn's response to having votes on him based on his discussion with Paperhorse the phase she was killed, and he's more likely to respond when there's two votes on him than if there's just one. That's really all there is to it. Besides, it's not like it's going to change the outcome of this phase.
    If it was truly a reaction-test vote, why did you not take it off last-minute? You posted twice between DrumBeats' warning and the voting lock, so you had the opportunity. Yes, it didn't change the outcome of the phase, but you had no reason to allow yourself to deal damage to someone who you don't believe is scummy.

I don't get why silencing was brought up. The little insight into how silencing would fit within the context of the game was nice, and with 7 mafia, I wouldn't be surprised if a silencer's included. However, as people have pointed out, everyone was roleblocked on Night 2, so she couldn't have been silenced. I do find it funny how she called someone out because they were laying low, yet she was laying low herself and was town. Kinda counterintuitive.
    MORE CAPS

~The Artist Formerly Known As PichuBoy~

Blog Entries

@DrumBeats; could you take me off of the mentions list? Thanks!

Blog Entries

Follow FinalArcadia on Tumblr Visit FinalArcadia's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Miar View Post
    ...No. I'm still convinced "sleep" is a role ability, even if it was blocked that night.

But alright, then. since everyone else here is such an expert, do tell. How do nightkills work in these games? I mean, someone has to drop the guillotine.
    "Sleep" very well could be an ability in this game, since the game as a whole seems to emulate the mechanics of Fire Emblem quite well, and abilities seen thus far add to that. Though yeah, that wouldn't have played into why Parma was unresponsive to the votes.

Nightkills in mafia games on this site work by the mafia deciding on a person to kill, then one of the members posting that decision in a QT, in bold and all. Since it's not an actual "ability" per se, that is most likely why it was not affected by the mass roleblock, basically.
    Last edited by FinalArcadia; 8th February 2013 at 03:21 PM. Reason: Missed a preposition in there.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FinalArcadia View Post
    About the roleblocking though, doesn't a normal roleblock in pretty much every game here stop night actions (or rather, abilities) rather than the mafia's kill? Since that's usually considered a team action, I'm not sure if the mass roleblocking would affect it.

Since the update said that everyone was roleblocked, it wouldn't make sense otherwise. The roleblocker in question could be of any alignment, I think, since it could on mafia's side stop cop checks, doctor protects, etc., while for a townie it would stop things like silencing, rolechecking, etc. Or even an independent. That they waited until the cop was dead, perhaps so as not to interrupt their check, actually makes me believe the roleblocker is more likely town.
    This is almost entirely wrong. The roleblocker didn't wait for the cop to die. They just used their power the first day phase. The cop died the same phase, so there's no way that a town roleblocker would've known. Also, the way it was phrased in the FT, it is almost guaranteed a Mafia power. The tower the 17 heroes are making their way through is the home base of the enemy. The fact that it was flooding couldn't have been an accident caused by one of the heroes. In fact, it makes me believe that Ashera (the ultimate enemy and goddess that we're fighting) is behind this.

This all seems well and good, but the messages were anonymous. Which means that Paperhorse would have to have bluffed to his death. Which I don't see happening, he's more experienced than that. Any info he sent Kurth, if any, would be completely unhelpful and utterly useless. I don't think that's the case.
    Feliciano referred Paperhorse as "She" five times. Are you somehow talking about somebody else?
    Uh, nope. I think it's just a classic case of mistaken genders.

While I think FinalArcadia probably wouldn't have bussed a partner, let alone a Godfather/Framer/Healer... I don't know we'll have to wait and see.

Wait and see for what? If she'd lead another lynch on one of her Mafia buddies for no reason?
    For the night kill, of course. Those tend to bring just as much information as the day lynch. What else would I be waiting for?

I'm not gonna hop on the Parmawagon just yet. Partially because I'm not sure that I'll be able to have time to unvote should he respond.
    Okay, what are the other reasons of why you didn't?
    Quite frankly, the parmawagon just didn't sit well with me.

No! Elincia!

Quote Originally Posted by Momoka View Post
    She was probably silenced. She couldn't come to her own defense. Which means that I'm looking at the people who used that as their majority reason in voting her. I don't know about you guys, but I consider Feli's vote on Human to simply be a pressure vote, in case Human was reading and knew something..
    No, she couldn't have been. Everyone was roleblocked, it was stated twice on Day 2, meaning nothing could have been used Night 2. We've mentioned this before, but you keep persisting on it...
    I don't think you understand Fire Emblem mechanics, either of you. If the tower flooding is Ashera's doing (I suspect this because she's literally in charge of the entire tower, and it's an ability very similar to her MO in Radiant Dawn), she would not also block her Chosen Ones. That's just not how it works. Just because it said "a general role block" does not necessarily mean that it covers both Town and Mafia.

Basically, of course I "keep insisting" it. It's an option that not only fits as well as explains all the present facts, which certain people seem to deny and discredit that it's even an option. That's something that makes me a little bit suspicious, personally.

Credit to HikaruIzumi for the awesome avatar!

@GliscorMan;

However, if you look here it clearly states;

Everyone who used a role last night or day was roleblocked.

wait were you offline all day?

Yes, because you were laying low for whatever reason, and only decided to bandwagon on Parma, who I think had a weaker reason to be lynched.

Midorikawa only had 2 votes on them, and a Mafia member wouldn't risk looking suspicious themselves by voting Fynx to tie the votes.

Then do so "later", but I doubt that you will in the end. I know that you as Mafia say that a lot, and end up doing nothing in the end.
    if you looked on my tumblr that day, then you'd seen I wasn't on there either, so yeah

Which wasn't even that weak of a reason. She wasn't responding and it's not like she was silenced. If you thought it was 'weaker' then why did you even bother voting her and saying you were okay with it?

I don't know where you've seen that except once.

Anyway, as far as GliscorMan goes, I honestly think he did(or still does) think Parma was silenced for whatever reason. I don't think it gives off many, or any scumtells. Now I did find this post somewhat odd:

Quote Originally Posted by SunBurn
    Wow, well after the cop was killed this is probably the best thing that could happen! I'm sorry I doubted you guys, I just wanted to hold off until she posted a response but she never did.
    If I didn't miss anything, I didn't notice him ever saying he doubted anything(now, I could have missed that). But this just seemed like a way to make up for not voting and acting like he's glad the godfather is out. Midorikawa did say her class wouldn't be done until 8, and who knows what else she could have after that, so waiting for a response is... I could be pushing it, but just what I think.

Page 19 of 36 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast