Default Re: Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn Mafia (Day 3- The Last Laugh) 2-6-13

Quote Originally Posted by DrumBeats View Post
    Zima has subbed in for Beck.
    Thank you! Good luck to everyone.

leaping up into the air getting juiced up beyond belief

Blog Entries

Default Re: Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn Mafia (Night 2 - Bittersweet 2-5-13

Quote Originally Posted by Feliciano View Post
    In a nutshell, Midorikawa the godfather was lynched with 2 votes in the day phase and Paperhorse the...anonymous messenger? was nightkilled.

From the look of the flavor text, Dheginsea is probably mafia. I wonder why she'd have the ability to send him an anonymous message if she were town? Then there's this Kurthnaga person...I wonder if they're mafia too? Time to do some character research...
    Dheginsea the Dragon King is mafia.
    Kurthnaga, his son, is not.
    And since they weren't mentioned, I guess Nasir and Gareth aren't in the game. So, three dragons, down to two.

Clarion of Revelations Feliciano's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Ah, ok. Sorry, like I said, I don't know much about this particular game.

That still seems odd to me, though. What purpose could the messages have served if they're anonymous? To rattle the mafioso? Then why would she be able to send messages to a townie? To gather information? But who reveals info to an anonymous source?

Paperhorse is a very good player...if we could figure out what was in the messages she sent (if she sent any at all), maybe we can figure out who felt threatened by her and go from there? Because if not, best I can come up with is that this was a namekill. Then again, a mafioso wouldn't exactly step forward and say that they'd received a threatening message from her and killed her because of that. Maybe she'd somehow figured out who one of them was?
    ~ 3DS Friend Code: 5300-9399-4530~

Heart of Crystal - a Crystal Nuzlocke challenge story
    "He had it comin'! He had it comin'! He only had himself to blame! If you'd've been there, if you'd've seen it, I bet you you would have done the same!"

Blog Entries

I think it was a random kill, and not from Dheginsea. In the games, the enemy dragons wouldn't fight Ena or Kurth. Whoever plays him probably couldn't get close even if he/she wanted.

I also wonder who player #25 is. If there were 17 heroes and 7 named bosses in the endgame, who's the 18th ally or 8th mafia? Or did the GM mix it up and put in a neutral character?

Blog Entries

There very well could be an independent - someone not aligned with either the mafia or the town. It's fairly common in mafia games. But I wonder who they could be, or what role they have.

I highly doubt it was random - nightkills rarely are.

"He had it comin'! He had it comin'! He only had himself to blame! If you'd've been there, if you'd've seen it, I bet you you would have done the same!"

Blog Entries
    Follow Mintaka On Twitter
    Follow Mintaka on Tumblr

@Miar;
    Just out of curiosity, this is based on what you know regarding the Fire Emblem games, right?

I think the two players with the two roles are town tbh. Maybe independent if not mafia. A town player sending an anonymous message to a mafia doesn't really make sense.

And I think Paperhorse was a namekill. Vocal townies are a threat to the town as they can stir up discussions in the public thread, which is something mafia cannot control easily.
    Killing Paperhorse because she had a correct suspicion is another possible explanation, but that can well be an effort to frame the person Paperhorse suspected as mafia.

Victor of 'Lame' Hunger Games Contest hosted in The Situation Room
    avi ~ sig ~ profile

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mintaka View Post
    I think the two players with the two roles are town tbh. Maybe independent if not mafia. A town player sending an anonymous message to a mafia doesn't really make sense.
    But the flavor text clearly has Dheginsea killing Paperhorse's character - I'd buy independent, but not town, and even independent feels like a stretch.

Blog Entries
    Follow Mintaka On Twitter
    Follow Mintaka on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Feliciano View Post
    But the flavor text clearly has Dheginsea killing Paperhorse's character - I'd buy independent, but not town, and even independent feels like a stretch.
    Oh, right. Sorry, I forgot about the update text, I was thinking too much on role function. >_<

If we're going with 'perhaps Paperhorse sent something and mafia killed her for that', then it would be something she send during Day 1 or Night 1. Drumbeats said that all roles were blocked during Day 2 and Night 2. It sounds rather late though. If what Paperhorse knew and sent anonymously was that threatening, I think they would have killed her earlier.

@DrumBeats; I will be away during the weekend, with no internet. Since I am returning late in Monday in my time, feel free to sub me out if necessary then.

Victor of 'Lame' Hunger Games Contest hosted in The Situation Room
    avi ~ sig ~ profile

Blog Entries

@Miar;
    Just out of curiosity, this is based on what you know regarding the Fire Emblem games, right?

And I think Paperhorse was a namekill. Vocal townies are a threat to the town as they can stir up discussions in the public thread, which is something mafia cannot control easily.
    Killing Paperhorse because she had a correct suspicion is another possible explanation, but that can well be an effort to frame the person Paperhorse suspected as mafia.
    Min, this is all with knowledge of Fire Emblem. Miar is completely correct.

Credit to HikaruIzumi for the awesome avatar!

Blog Entries

Visit KidBeano's Youtube Channel

I don't see what's so confusing about Paperhorse's role. She was only told the names of the characters she could message, so saying "she has no reason to message a mafia member" is nonsensical - she didn't KNOW who was mafia or not. I'm guessing that if Dheginsea truly is mafia, then Kurthnaga is town, and so that puts a risk factor to Paperhorse using her role, as opposed to having one person she can anonymously trust.

Something to question though is the nature of this roleblocking. The fact that it didn't roleblock the mafia kill could imply it's an anti-town-sided ability.

Also, one thing I've just noticed upon rereading the first post: it states that 17 heroes walk in to the tower, but there were 25 of us to begin with. That leaves 8 anti-towns (possibly 8 mafia if any independents are counted in the 17). Since we've lynched the Godfather, that would suggest we've got a maximum of 7 mafia left.
    MORE CAPS

~The Artist Formerly Known As PichuBoy~

Blog Entries
    Add Sunburn on Facebook
    Follow Sunburn on Tumblr

I agree with KidBeano, and if you check the wiki entries on the characters, it becomes obvious that one of the two is town, while the other is mafia, as they're both on opposing sides at the end of the game.

Also, @Dark Blueberry; just because Paperhorse is gone doesn't mean you're off the hook. She said that you were ignoring her, and I would like to know why. Also, your posts have been extremely vague so far, this game is starting to pick up steam so surely you must have opinions on at least one or two players. You mentioned "potential townies;" would you care to elaborate on who these people are?

♥Allelujah Haptism♥ FinalArcadia's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow FinalArcadia On Twitter
    Follow FinalArcadia on Tumblr Visit FinalArcadia's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Parma
    haven't heard much from that slot outside of confirmation.
    You voted Fynx for this reason last phase, when as Fynx pointed out, the same could be said of you. You never responded to that at all, speaking of, and even though you claimed to have been distracted from saying more during Day 1, you haven't posted anything since saying that, aside from the vote on Fynx. There's been a lot of time and plenty has happened. There's nothing you'd like to add or bring up about anything?

Also, there was this question from KidBeano...

Quote Originally Posted by KidBeano
    Does this mean you would agree to a lynch on you because you've basically been inactive?
    An answer here would be nice.

Similarly, @Soulmaster wanted discussion during Day 1, but hasn't said much since then. Though he said that it is his playstyle, it would be beneficial to at least hear something from him on more recent phase happenings.

But back to the beginning of my post, for now, I'm going to...

VOTE: Parma

Too quiet, and there's some question-dodging going on. While some people like Dark Blueberry have also been doing some of the same thing, in this case, it's that Parma said she got distracted and had more to say yet never came back with anything that is a suspicious contradiction. Added on to voting Fynx for reasons that can more than easily be applied to her as well, despite never addressing that when asked about it, I'm getting scum vibes.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KidBeano View Post
    I don't see what's so confusing about Paperhorse's role. She was only told the names of the characters she could message, so saying "she has no reason to message a mafia member" is nonsensical - she didn't KNOW who was mafia or not. I'm guessing that if Dheginsea truly is mafia, then Kurthnaga is town, and so that puts a risk factor to Paperhorse using her role, as opposed to having one person she can anonymously trust.
    Did she really not know which side each was on? Did the other person know the message came from "Ena" at all?

I'm curious. If any of you were Ena, what message would you send to a known enemy? I don't know.

Feigning mafia would be fruitless if the receiver knew it came from a known town, or did research. You'd die.
    Trying to kill someone else may cost the team a player, unless you knew who you're trying to remove. But if they also knew, you'd die anyway once they figured out you were Ena.

Maybe Kurth has the same ability? The sending stones are two-way.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Miar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KidBeano View Post
    Did she really not know which side each was on? Did the other person know the message came from "Ena" at all?

I'm curious. If any of you were Ena, what message would you send to a known enemy? I don't know.

Feigning mafia would be fruitless if the receiver knew it came from a known town, or did research. You'd die.
    Trying to kill someone else may cost the team a player, unless you knew who you're trying to remove. But if they also knew, you'd die anyway once they figured out you were Ena.

Maybe Kurth has the same ability? The sending stones are two-way.
    Paperhorse may not have known Dheginsea would be Mafia. After all, in Star Trek Mafia, Lore was Masons with Data (a similar ability to this situation). Any research at all would've indicated to Data that their partner was Mafia, but it was all taken for granted. Considering that these messages are anonymous (if I remember correctly), Kurth won't necessarily be able to help us in finding Dheginsea.

I'd say Kurth and Dheginsea have the same abilities as this. That being said. If you're Kurth, take everything your anonymous buddy says with a grain of salt. It's coming directly from the Mafia.

Also, @KidBeano; it's been kinda established that there are 17 town, 7 Mafia (the end game bosses) and 1 Indep. I'm not exactly sure who the Indep is. My guess is that it's probably Yune, because Yune didn't count as one of the 17 heroes. Of course, there could be no Indeps at all and Yune could be Town. That's always possible.

I'm kinda interested by this. @Parma;, what do you have to say about this accusations?

Credit to HikaruIzumi for the awesome avatar!

Page 15 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast