Mafia: Eeveelution Mafia-End Game-MAFIA WINS - Page 5

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 93
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Eeveelution Mafia-End Game-MAFIA WINS

  1. #61
    noble roar Buoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    olivine city, johto.
    Posts
    2,105
    Blog Entries
    12

    Default Re: Eeveelution Mafia-Night One-06/07/13-06/08/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Midorikawa
    Buoy if you do not participate this phase then you will be subbed out.
    That's a pretty ominous statement, Midorikawa. Thank you, though -- you've made people aware of the fact that I didn't participate in the night phase, either! Did I hear myself becoming semi-cleared? I think so.

    Okay, guys, so we can guess that, in the interests of balancing the game, there are two mafia. Out of the eight of us remaining, six are townies. Now that we've got those facts out of the way, it's time to start looking at individual cases.

    Mijzelffan: Participating a lot and accusing people freely. However, I wouldn't say that some of his arguments are really the strongest, stating that he made 'multiple valid deductions'. I don't necessarily agree. What he pointed out against eeveeforthebest wasn't really much to warrant a lynch, especially Day 1 -- considering only four posts were made, I think it would have been wiser to wait until later on before trying to make a case.

    I see what you mean by his tendency to agree with other people, but agreeing with things doesn't really make a person that suspicious, especially considering that he was adding on small bits and pieces when he was agreeing with people, which makes him look like he's trying to be more helpful than anything else. I don't particularly see where you're getting the 'neutrality' vibe. Additionally, he didn't really contradict himself -- you can still randomvote and not want a lynch. One vote won't make much of a difference to anybody unless nobody else votes at all, and he did say that he was only voting 'until everyone had spoken', and he stated that he wouldn't 'try to lynch anybody until I'm 90% sure that they're mafia', and the latter statement augments his pro-no lynch stance, rather than contradicting it. You didn't even say why he was neutral, why he was contradicting his pro-no lynch stance -- you just stated that he was, and you can't really state things without evidence to back it up.

    I'm not really sure what to think about you. I'd err on the side of town if I absolutely had to make a choice, though. The fact that you were vague on Day 1 is fine, considering that there wasn't a lot to go on, but it makes me feel a bit weird that you tried to make a definite case out of it, especially when you hadn't really backed it up with anything substantial. You could have said that about anybody in the game, technically -- you didn't do anything to make it specific to eeveeforthebest except say his name. I just think that maybe that's you being a little misguided seeing as it's early in the game, and the way you insisted that you were right is a common enough behaviour for you, imo (StubbornMafiaPlayersShipping didn't get its name for no reason). Is that meta I'm using? Yes. But Buoy, isn't it wrong to use meta? It's okay to use meta as long as you're a professional like me, don't worry. Besides, you were 100% right in what you said to m0ckingbird, as far as I'm concerned.

    m0ckingbird20: I always see you as a player who manages to draw themselves a lot of flak early in the game, as you're sort of in the same vein as Zima and Spectrum Achromatic -- people seem to always find you scummy. Putting past games out of my head, I would say in this one that there's a definite chance that you're scum. Mijzelffan already pointed out the personal attacks, which are both really rude and also very unnecessary -- the fact that you feel the need to make jibes at him just makes me think that you feel your argument isn't substantial without them. You're also a little bit of a hypocrite, as Mijzelffan also pointed out -- you don't tell someone that they're doing something wrong when you've just done it, and then you also turn around and do it again. You also placed an FoS on Mijz right after he placed one on you, and I don't know whether that's a 'rookie mistake' (as much as I hate calling them that) or just a very blatant show of scumosity (I like making up words). Leaning scum on you.

    PerseusRad: No real read on him yet. @PerseusRad; You said that you thought eeveeforthebest was pro-town. Can you explain exactly why you feel that he's town, rather than just saying it?

    I can't comment on anybody else because nobody else has really been active enough to warrant a read. I'm also not specifically commenting on eeveeforthebest so that I don't feed PerseusRad anything that he can just paraphrase to respond to my question.

    Going to throw this vote out here for now:

    Vote: m0ckingbird20.

  2. #62
    I am the Dragon Midorikawa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    In fields of grey
    Posts
    10,627
    Blog Entries
    18

    Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Eeveelution Mafia-Night One-06/07/13-06/08/13

    @Buoy;

    Quote Originally Posted by THE RULES
    11. No activity in thread in two phases will result in subbing out.

  3. #63
    noble roar Buoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    olivine city, johto.
    Posts
    2,105
    Blog Entries
    12

    Default Re: Eeveelution Mafia-Night One-06/07/13-06/08/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Midorikawa View Post
    @Buoy;

    Quote Originally Posted by THE RULES
    11. No activity in thread in two phases will result in subbing out.
    "Last edited by Midorikawa; Today at 11:48 AM."

    you literally just changed it to that a minute after you posted this

    yes i know you have the rights to change the rules but that is NOT what it was before so dont try and use it as though it was like that all along

  4. #64
    I am the Dragon Midorikawa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    In fields of grey
    Posts
    10,627
    Blog Entries
    18

    Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Eeveelution Mafia-Day Two-06/08/13-06/10/13

    @Buoy; I did not edit that part of the rules. I changed the update time listed in them and the thread title to match the phase. From the beginning the rules stated that only in thread activity counts. If I changed that I would have announced in thread that I was editing it and apologized for forgetting it however since I did remember to say that only in thread activity counts when I was writing the original rules, the one at fault is you not reading them properly.

  5. #65
    noble roar Buoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    olivine city, johto.
    Posts
    2,105
    Blog Entries
    12

    Default Re: Eeveelution Mafia-Day Two-06/08/13-06/10/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Midorikawa View Post
    @Buoy; I did not edit that part of the rules. I changed the update time listed in them and the thread title to match the phase. From the beginning the rules stated that only in thread activity counts. If I changed that I would have announced in thread that I was editing it and apologized for forgetting it however since I did remember to say that only in thread activity counts when I was writing the original rules, the one at fault is you not reading them properly.
    lmao ok whatever you say almighty one

  6. #66
    Registered User PerseusRad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    26

    Visit PerseusRad's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Eeveelution Mafia-Day Two-06/08/13-06/10/13

    Quote Originally Posted by eeveeforthebest
    I would try not to lynch someone if we were not at least 90% sure that someone was mafia. Game is to short to lynch someone just because someone has small or even medium scum reads. Let's just see how day 1 goes today before we really make a decision.
    This just strikes me as something town would say, because he's right, though we didn't get to have the 48 hours, he hadn't joined the bandwagon specifically to get someone removed, he kept his vote on the same person, though if I remember correctly, he didn't have time to quote someone else.

  7. #67
    The Lord of the Dance m0ckingbird20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Behind you...
    Posts
    35

    Visit m0ckingbird20's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Eeveelution Mafia-Day Two-06/08/13-06/10/13

    @Buyo; I didn't place FoS on Mijz because he placed one on me I did it cause I had some scum reads on him and he just made them stronger by his accusations on me which kinda confirmed my original thoughts, anyway I explained them already.

    Anyway, I didn't have time to answer so far and I won't have time to be that active in this game overall as I was in others. In any case here my answer to Mijzelffans post:

    Quote Originally Posted by Mijzelffan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by m0ckingbird20 View Post
    First of all, you did hurry as you are the ONLY person who actually accused someone of being scum and actually you insist on it with actually little scum reads that could be easily explained. Second I NEVER said Soulmaster was Mafia, and you know that as it is made clear in the same post you quoted so I will assume you are trying to parafrase what i said which is scummy.
    I brought up 4 points as to why he's scummy. How much more would I need before it is no longer hurrying? Do I need 6 reasons as to why someone is mafia before I can vote him? 7? 10? But go ahead, defend eevee's actions.
    As Buyo confirmed you acusations were weak and you did hurry to decide that eevee is scum especially with only 4 posts from him. So yeah if you actually had 4 reasons I would be OK with it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mijzelffan View Post
    You never said soulmaster was mafia but you still hammered him at a moment where there was no need for pressure at all as there was enough. Those actions speak for more than your words after the deed.
    That's a lie, I didn't hammer as there phase was suppose to end 24 hours later and there was a tie between 3 people I think which means there is no pressure at all. And since you know all that I will assume that lie was said on purpose.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mijzelffan View Post
    Now, if I didn't know I would assume this is your first game.
    Ah the 'ol ad hominem. Was that really neccesary or does your defense not work without it?
    No, it wasn't necessary sorry if you found that insulting it wasn't meant to be, I just wanted to point out the fact that you voted eevee really early and with no strong scumreads on him.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mijzelffan View Post
    Soulmaster had no pressure on him with 1 joke which was already tied. So in order to start discussion I placed an extra vote, you seem to be trying to use something very commonly done in Mafia games by scumhunters against me. That also looks scummy to me.
    Soulmaster had a vote on him already and was being questioned and critisized by multiple users already, I think most people would agree he didn't need more pressure. A pressure vote is ok by itself, just not when it's completely unnecesary in the situation (like here) and leads to a death.
    When 3 people have 1 vote, I don't think there is any pressure from the votes, as far from questioning, I don't see why I wasn't allowed to question him too? And as there was no actual response when he had 1 vote (which I repeat was tied with 2 other people). And it wasn;t meant to lead to death and you can't really denie that as non of us expected the early update.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mijzelffan View Post
    Also while we are talking about stuff that is common in mafia, isn't it common as well to vote people who are acting really scummy? Like doing stuff like contradicting themselves, stay super neutral and agree with everyone? They're some of the few things that are scumtells no matter where I play mafia and very commonly done; heck it's the very basis of the game! Kinda odd to want to be excused for doing something on the grounds of it being common while you wouldn't grant me the same benefit wouldn't you agree?
    No, cause as I said you didn't do the same thing you simply grasped on very minor things such as eevee's practically invisible "scumreads" and tried to make a wagon out of them, also there is NO thing such as "They're some of the few things that are scumtells no matter where I play mafia and very commonly done" and that is why Misslycnhes exist.... no need to further explain.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mijzelffan View Post
    Overall, Mijzelffan seems to be trying to cast accusations on everyone just by grasping at straws which is a good strategy done by Mafia to create inner disputes within Town.

    FoS: Mijzelffan
    Would you like an omgus to go with that ad hominem? Why sure! So apparently you and eevee are everyone now and soulmaster, neon, spectrum, sourcandy, perseus and buoy don't exist? Also are you sure you know what grasping at straws means? Because classic examples of it are retorting to ad hominems and omgus'es. You knew that, right?
    I don;t have any strong reads on the other yet and as I don;t have much time I won't be posting huge read bots...

    Anyway, again you confirmed my suspicions and I really can't bother much so I will leave the rest to decide...

    Vote: Mijzelffan

  8. #68
    I am the Dragon Midorikawa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    In fields of grey
    Posts
    10,627
    Blog Entries
    18

    Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Eeveelution Mafia-Day Two-06/08/13-06/10/13

    We are extending this phase by 24 hours. Use it wisely

  9. #69
    Just so Victoria, just so Mijzelffan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    17,302
    Blog Entries
    315
    Follow Mijzelffan On Twitter
    Follow Mijzelffan on Tumblr

    Default Re: Eeveelution Mafia-Day Two-06/08/13-06/10/13

    vote: m0ckingbird20

    I made my case during the night.


  10. #70
    The Lord of the Dance m0ckingbird20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Behind you...
    Posts
    35

    Visit m0ckingbird20's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Eeveelution Mafia-Day Two-06/08/13-06/10/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Mijzelffan View Post
    vote: m0ckingbird20

    I made my case during the night.
    Yeah, but you didn't bother to answer to what I said...

  11. #71
    Registered User Pariah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    1,246
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Eeveelution Mafia-Day Two-06/08/13-06/10/13

    I'll vote Bouy

    something about his inactivity in thread is bothering me. Well, not his inactivity but the fact that he was prod for it. Maybe I'm just reading something wrong. I'll come back later when I'm more awake
    My life is a nightmare

  12. #72
    I am the Dragon Midorikawa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    In fields of grey
    Posts
    10,627
    Blog Entries
    18

    Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Eeveelution Mafia-Day Two-06/08/13-06/10/13

    UPDATE PENDING

  13. #73
    I am the Dragon Midorikawa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    In fields of grey
    Posts
    10,627
    Blog Entries
    18

    Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Eeveelution Mafia-Day Two-06/08/13-06/10/13



    After having lost one of their dearest friends during the night the guardians and other two went back into another argument. Accusations flew around the group with no one trusting anyone at that point. Finally they all turned on the three with blue in their coloring. "I bet you it was on of them three!" the electric guardian yelled. "Specifically you! Earlier you accused her of committing the crimes after she accused you," he continued pointing to the female in question.

    "It was not me. You've known me all this time and you dare accuse me of killing Midori and Elder. They were my friend and mentor. I could never dream of snuffing out the light they brought to this village," she attempted to defend herself only to no avail.

    "And you think I someone who has no motive and only just arrived would? Ridiculous!"

    "You've been doing a lot of accusing yourself and acting like you're innocent when you're not proven so," the ruby guardian said to the canary one.

    More arguing ensued between them before finally two of them launched on Siniy and ended her life not giving her a chance. It wasn't until after the deed was done that two of them and the others realized their mistake.





    It is now Night Two. This phase will end on June 12th at 11PM EST.


    HOST NOTE: Because I forgot to put it in the rules Not that anyone noticed I am letting you guys know of the rule addition of no necroliking and only one after death post.

    NEON BOREALIS: No activity this phase will result in subbing out

  14. #74
    The Lord of the Dance m0ckingbird20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Behind you...
    Posts
    35

    Visit m0ckingbird20's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Eeveelution Mafia-Night Two-06/011/13-06/12/13

    Well, are you happy now Mido? :P

    Anyway thanks for letting me play and sorry I couldn't be more active, this game could use a bit more posts.

    Good luck Town, you can do it. ^^

  15. #75
    Painting the night sky... Neon Borealis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Soaring through the skies.
    Posts
    947
    Blog Entries
    41

    Follow Neon Borealis on Tumblr

    Default Re: Eeveelution Mafia-Night Two-06/011/13-06/12/13

    Huh... quiet day. I guess everyone is occupied.

    Anyways, back to the game, I personally don't see eevee as mafia, and I can't get a good read on Mijzelffan or Perseus.

    What Wallflower said about Buoy is intriguing, but what about her, she's been pretty inactive as well (Well... let's admit it, everyone bar Mijzelffan and Mocking has been somewhat inactive in this game).

    Winner of: Professor Layton Mafia, Warrior Cats Mafia, Kid Icarus Mafia, Star Wars Mafia,Legendary pokémon mafia, Make a Mafia, Smash Bros Mafia, Phoenix wright: Justice for all mafia and Eeveelution mafia
    Other games won: Vigilantes, Trauma Center: Virus attack


Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •