Mafia: Doctor Who Mafia - Game over- Town win! - Page 7
Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 307

Thread: Doctor Who Mafia - Game over- Town win!

  1. #91
    the bug catcher pokémon Buoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    olivine city, johto.
    Posts
    2,095
    Blog Entries
    12

    Default Re: Doctor Who Mafia - Night 1- 05/04/13

    I personally think that Mijzelffan is more town than anything, as a mafia wouldn't really be crazy enough to draw that much attention to themselves Day 1 just to confirm their own role -- most mafia would stray away from getting flak, especially so early. It would probably only be inexperienced players who would try doing it on purpose, and Mijzelffan isn't at all inexperienced. A check on Mijz would be wasted at this point as far as I'm concerned. He's proved himself as a doublevoter (or a secret voter), and he's put himself under a lot of scrutiny for a mafia player, which would only benefit him if he was the godfather. Since he would come up town one way or the other, what's the point in checking him? Surely any mafioso that is NOT the godfather wouldn't try doing what he did, because they'd be revealed as mafia almost immediately afterwards.

  2. #92
    Captain of Tao Midorikawa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Ohisama En
    Posts
    11,372
    Blog Entries
    23

    Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Doctor Who Mafia - Night 1- 05/04/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Paperhorse View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jda95 View Post

    You do realize that using "proving your role" as justification for a mislynch places you in a lot more suspicion than if you didn't claim at all, right?
    No, I don't think it places him under any more suspicion.
    And why not? Why did he feel the need to "prove his role" day one? Because he tends to die early in games because that's not always true. I've looked through his recent games and in some he died early but in others he didn't. It happens to players all the time, mainly the most active scumhunters. Except for MM for some reason

    Just because a role is town-aligned most of the time doesn't mean it is all the time..... It seems unlikely to me that a townie would go out of their way to clear themselves on Day 1, especially in such a suspicious manner (voting a few minutes before a phase deadline is never going to make you friends, no matter what alignment).
    You guys are acting as if lynching a townie on Day 1 is unheard of. If Mijz got lucky and lynched a mafioso, you would all be cheering him right now.
    It's not that. Its the fact that it was right before the update and he was just doing it to prove his role. That's reckless and anti-town.

    I agree that lynching someone day 1 with no info is reckless, but that doesn't really prove someone's alignment. He could still be town, or mafia.
    Again you seem to be missing the point of when he voted. Also why Spectrum? What made her a better target than any other person? Mijz said KidBeano had two votes on him so why didn't he vote someone with no votes on them to tie them and prove his role that way?

    Doublevoter can go either way, but most games I've seen it as a town role. Besides that, I'm getting more of a null-to- town read on Mijz at the moment.
    And silencer is usually a mafia role yet I was a town silencer in MLP so your point?
    Nice to hear your reads but I'm getting read on him right now.

    Overall, I think what he did was reckless but not necessarily scummy.
    And of course you could easily be his scum buddy if he is mafia. No one can be cleared, even by a cop check.

  3. #93
    SHSL Gambler CrackFox's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Hope's Peak Academy
    Posts
    5,644
    Blog Entries
    117

    Default Re: Doctor Who Mafia - Night 1- 05/04/13

    I'm not sticking up for Mijzelffan but the claim that 'I always die early in games' he's been saying to me for a long time. It's not just something he's claiming now. I believe that he really does think he's on borrowed time these days, and it's also true that he dies or gets the FOS very quickly in lots of games. I could believe that claiming so early comes from a innocent place. If he is a double voter, there's nothing to really want to hide. You aren't a big threat to the mafia so they are unlikely to target you for a while. Unlike, say a cop or doctor who if they claimed early, would suffer certain death the following night, unless protected.

    THE WAR ROOM
    ~ The home of Mafia and Non-Mafia games.
    Art tumblr

  4. #94
    CAPS KidBeano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    England
    Posts
    967
    Blog Entries
    3

    Visit KidBeano's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Doctor Who Mafia - Night 1- 05/04/13

    *cracks knuckles*

    Quote Originally Posted by Yatagarasu View Post
    @Spectrum Achromatic; You have two votes on you defense?
    Ridiculous. You can't "defend" yourself when the only votes you have are random votes. What would you honestly expect him to say?

    Quote Originally Posted by jokool View Post
    Well..... That was a crazy way to end the first day.....

    Echoing Paperhorse here. Less of the GIFs and more of being an active participant, please.

    Quote Originally Posted by m0ckingbird20 View Post
    If the intention was to reveal his role he could have said it out loud and then asked for 2 votes to be placed on someone (maybe himself) and his vote on another player. That would give us a no lynch and would prove his role is double voter with no Town death.
    This guy speaks sense.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mijzelffan View Post
    Why would I want a no lynch? No lynches do nothing. The actual clue about my allignment is my role. There is no such thing as a mafia doublevoter.
    This whole paragraph:

    I bet if I had voted kidbeano and he had died innocent I wouldn't be town target #1.
    Gonna assume this was a typo and you meant to say if I'd have died mafia you wouldn't be town target #1. If that is what you meant, then way to point out of the obvious and try and compare the two situations when they have two completely different outcomes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mijzelffan View Post
    Why I'm keen to reveal my role? I already explained that, but allright in more detail then. I generally get nightkilled quickly by definition. I joke about it, but in most games it still holds true. I have found out however that there is an exception to that, namely if I am revealed to have an unpowerful role. Which doublevoter is. Revealing to be doublevoter means I wouldn't be nightkilled as quickly and I could experience a game for longer than normal. Because, believe it or not, I don't like being killed early!

    That people would consider doublevoter to be a mafia role out of nowhere is something I did not forsee however, and I still insist saying it is makes no sense.
    "unpowerful" is subjective. The doublevoter has every opportunity to be powerful. I will agree that there are other roles to try and sniff out before it, though.

    Doublevoter can be a mafia role. It "makes no sense" that you are trying to argue otherwise.

    Quote Originally Posted by Yatagarasu View Post
    Again you seem to be missing the point of when he voted. Also why Spectrum? What made her a better target than any other person? Mijz said KidBeano had two votes on him so why didn't he vote someone with no votes on them to tie them and prove his role that way?
    As you just said, both Spectrum and I had two votes on us. There would have been no proof of Mijzelffan's vote causing a third tie unless one of the votes on either me or Spectrum had been taken off.

    Quote Originally Posted by Buoy View Post
    I personally think that Mijzelffan is more town than anything, as a mafia wouldn't really be crazy enough to draw that much attention to themselves Day 1 just to confirm their own role -- most mafia would stray away from getting flak, especially so early. It would probably only be inexperienced players who would try doing it on purpose, and Mijzelffan isn't at all inexperienced. A check on Mijz would be wasted at this point as far as I'm concerned. He's proved himself as a doublevoter (or a secret voter), and he's put himself under a lot of scrutiny for a mafia player, which would only benefit him if he was the godfather. Since he would come up town one way or the other, what's the point in checking him? Surely any mafioso that is NOT the godfather wouldn't try doing what he did, because they'd be revealed as mafia almost immediately afterwards.
    I disagree that Mijz is a waste of a check. Never underestimate what a mafioso might or might not do - he may have thought "if I'm that obvious they'll never check me". Cop checks are there to eliminate doubt, and since the cop is likely to remain hidden for a while anyway, we're not really "running out of time" for information.

    ---

    Generally, Mijz causing the lynch of the vigilante specifically is not suspicious. It was Day 1, for christ's sake. To argue that Mijzelffan somehow knew Spectrum was the vigilante is to argue that either he has a Day role-check alongside his doublevote, or one of his partners has a Day role-check and passed the information along.
    MORE CAPS

    ~The Artist Formerly Known As PichuBoy~

  5. #95
    Yo what's up? Pokémad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,504
    Blog Entries
    34

    Default Re: Doctor Who Mafia - Night 1- 05/04/13

    A cop check on Mij could serve vital as I'm not sure on him at the moment. His actions aren't pro-town, but not pro-mafia either.

  6. #96
    The Coolest! jokool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Here.
    Posts
    2,113
    Blog Entries
    88

    Default Re: Doctor Who Mafia - Night 1- 05/04/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Paperhorse View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jokool View Post
    Well..... That was a crazy way to end the first day.....

    Your gifs are funny and all, but I would rather hear your thoughts. What do you think of Mijz?
    Quote Originally Posted by KidBeano View Post
    Echoing Paperhorse here. Less of the GIFs and more of being an active participant, please.
    Well, my opinion is that Mijzelffan's actions were a bit reckless, but I agree that he most likely wouldn't have done something like this if he was mafia. I'm not saying that he's clear, but this doesn't say that he is mafia either.

    I do find it odd that he is saying things like 'there's no such thing as a mafia doublevoter,' which, in a lot of games, there is. I also find it odd how he keeps using this excuse to 'prove' his innocence.

    IMHO, a doublevoter needs to be very careful with his votes and try to keep his ability hidden as long as possible. A move like what Mijzelffan did technically does 'prove' his role (although, he could be a secret voter instead), but now that everyone knows that his votes are going to be doubled, it makes his role slightly useless now since it's easy to counter his vote.

    Overall, if Mijzelffan is town, I think what he has done has benefited the mafia more than the town for two main reasons: One, they now know he's got a voting ability. Two, a mislynched townie who had a good role.

  7. #97
    Captain of Tao Midorikawa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Ohisama En
    Posts
    11,372
    Blog Entries
    23

    Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Doctor Who Mafia - Night 1- 05/04/13

    @Paperhorse; and as I said it does not always happen to him. At times yeah he dies early and other times he doesn't. The Same thing happens to all players especially one who make a name for themselves.
    @KidBeano; I agree with Buoy that a cop checked would be wasted because the whole godfather possibility unless on the off chance he's an indep

    @Doctor jokool; People slip up. There are no set actions for either alignment.

    Overall right now Mijzelffan's actions are anti town meaning he's either mafia or a harmful townie

  8. #98
    URPG! GliscorMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Johto
    Posts
    2,970
    Blog Entries
    9

    Default Re: Doctor Who Mafia - Night 1- 05/04/13

    There's something off about how Buoy thinks a check would be wasted. I can't quite place it, but my meta-knowledge tells me that Buoy is usually a little more thoughtful, more careful about these things. A cop check would be just as good, if not better, on Mij than on anyone else. There's always the possibility of a godfather, with everyone. A doublevoting godfather would be interesting and unusual, but not unheard of. More likely is a nilla godfather, or some such. Again, there's something fishy about this.

    Quote Originally Posted by Yatagarasu View Post
    I agree with Buoy that a cop checked would be wasted because the whole godfather possibility unless on the off chance he's an indep

    Overall right now Mijzelffan's actions are anti town meaning he's either mafia or a harmful townie
    So hold on a minute. You think there's a good chance he's Mafia, but you agree with Buoy that a cop check would be wasted?

    Credit to HikaruIzumi for the awesome avatar!

  9. #99
    SHSL Gambler CrackFox's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Hope's Peak Academy
    Posts
    5,644
    Blog Entries
    117

    Default Re: Doctor Who Mafia - Night 1- 05/04/13

    I've been fooled by Mijzelffan before. Just recently, I defended him and it came back he was scum, so i'm not at all trusting him yet. That said, I don't consider his actions so far to be 'anti-town'. He gave a reason why he claimed early and I am inclined to believe him. I also don't think a cop check is necessarily wasted. A godfather is always a risk but it's not a huge one. If he came back as innocent, the chances of him being innocent would be much greater than the chances of him having the Godfather ability. He was given the mafia godfather in the last game he played and I don't think fate would be that kind to him again. I'm not fighting his corner really, we have no other information to go on so I can understand why everyone is focusing on this. One thing that does bother me though is this notion that cop checks are pointless. He's the only person that is being questioned right now, and if we go by the logic that every check could be counter-acted by a godfather, and never bother checking the suspicious people, what's the point in having a cop at all?

    Also, cops don't have to out themselves in thread. The most sensible thing to do would be to form an alliance with a confirmed townie and let them speak for you. That way, we get the facts but the cops anonymity is preserved.

  10. #100
    The Lord of the Dance m0ckingbird20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Behind you...
    Posts
    35

    Visit m0ckingbird20's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Doctor Who Mafia - Night 1- 05/04/13

    Quote Originally Posted by KidBeano View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by m0ckingbird20 View Post
    If the intention was to reveal his role he could have said it out loud and then asked for 2 votes to be placed on someone (maybe himself) and his vote on another player. That would give us a no lynch and would prove his role is double voter with no Town death.
    This guy speaks sense.
    You can call me God, nice to meet you. :)

    OK, too many posts and I wanna go eat so I'll just say that I am unsure of Mij's role and our best strategy right now is probably to go for a cop check and later in the game when the cop is ready to reveal some checks (unless he/she have someone to do it for them ^^) we will know which side Mij is allied with. Of course if he is the God Father we will be in trouble and waste a cop check but I don't see any other better version of this atm. On the other hand we could lynch him but that would be risky as we have 1 Town lynched already and we can't be sure if his alignment. So as I said a cop check on Mij is in my opinion our best option.

  11. #101
    The best ex moderator Oswin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,722
    Blog Entries
    38

    Follow Oswin on Tumblr

    Default Re: Doctor Who Mafia - Night 1- 05/04/13

    The night has ended, all actions are locked.

    Update pending.

  12. #102
    The best ex moderator Oswin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,722
    Blog Entries
    38

    Follow Oswin on Tumblr

    Default Re: Doctor Who Mafia - Night 1- 05/04/13



    The Doctor was furious after learning of Rose Tyler's death, and the foes knew this is when he is most dangerous. Instead of a reckless face on attack, they used the cover of night and picked their target.

    Before they knew what was happening, it was too late. The enemy was in their house and had blocked all methods of escape. They were backed into a corner, this was it, the Doctor couldn't save them now. The male stood, arms spread defiantly in front of his wife, but it was pointless. As his lifeless body thudded to the ground, she opened her mouth and screamed as the assailant advanced on her. It was over before she could resist.











    It is now day 2, you may continue to vote.

  13. #103
    URPG! GliscorMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Johto
    Posts
    2,970
    Blog Entries
    9

    Default Re: Doctor Who Mafia - Day 2- 08/04/13

    But... But... Rory can't die! He's died too many times to die now!

    Interesting that it was Buoy, though. He had been sticking up for Mij. I wonder which the Mafia's target actually was, though?

    Credit to HikaruIzumi for the awesome avatar!

  14. #104
    The Lord of the Dance m0ckingbird20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Behind you...
    Posts
    35

    Visit m0ckingbird20's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Doctor Who Mafia - Day 2- 08/04/13

    Well... that went bad.

    OK, so Mafia (probably) tried to kill either Byou or Flame_, from the FT I think it was Flame_ and because of their roles they both died. Just to make sure, did I get this right?

    Edit:
    Got Ninja'd by GliscorMan. :P

  15. #105
    Captain of Tao Midorikawa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Ohisama En
    Posts
    11,372
    Blog Entries
    23

    Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Doctor Who Mafia - Day 2- 08/04/13

    It seems like Buoy since it said the husband was defending his wife and died first. Also on an interesting note Buoy was actually against Mijz and then defending him which would make mafia choosing him even more interesting.

    VOTE: Mijzelffan

    If he turns up mafia then we have some leads on who to go after. If he turns up town then well we mislynched it happens. His actions so far have been anti-town meaning that even if he is town I don't believe that it will hurt us too much. I'm also disturbed by the fact that he's been letting others defend him for most of the night phase.

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •