Mafia: Dangan Ronpa Mafia [game over - TOWN WIN!] - Page 5

Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 412
Like Tree101Likes

Thread: Dangan Ronpa Mafia [game over - TOWN WIN!]

  1. #61
    noble roar Buoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    olivine city, johto.
    Posts
    2,105
    Blog Entries
    12

    Default Re: Dangan Ronpa Mafia [Day 1 - 20/08/13]

    i think youre wrong, we need 2 spice this up a lil

    votE: HARPY

  2. #62
    Future Seeker HumanDawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    1,100
    Blog Entries
    21

    Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

    Default Re: Dangan Ronpa Mafia [Day 1 - 20/08/13]

    First off, I think applause is in order for Froakie's FT. The added dialogue before the game's opening was interesting to read and may as well be canon.

    Now, before we actually start voting anyone seriously I'd like to establish something.

    Are we okay with agreeing that the Mafia are all the culprits that had killed someone and had a trial set for them?

    #spoilers of everyone that had a trial for them and killed somebody
    Last edited by HumanDawn; 20th August 2013 at 05:32 PM.
    Froakie likes this.

  3. #63
    Merry Christmas! Oswin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,682
    Blog Entries
    38

    Follow Oswin on Tumblr

    Default Re: Dangan Ronpa Mafia [Day 1 - 20/08/13]

    Lol this game is going to be so fun, I bet I'll miss loads of information because I don't want to be spoiled.

  4. #64
    Just so Victoria, just so Mijzelffan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    17,302
    Blog Entries
    315
    Follow Mijzelffan On Twitter
    Follow Mijzelffan on Tumblr

    Default Re: Dangan Ronpa Mafia [Day 1 - 20/08/13]

    vote: humandawn

    Why would you insist on having people agree on something that can not only spoiler everyone who hasn't finished dangan ronpa yet, but can also make people accidently give away their role causing them to be modkilled agreeing/disagreeing with you. On top of that it doesn't really matter much who the mafia are, since you know, we can't nameclaim. Just have everyone agree there are probably 4 mafia if you must have everyone agree on something (though then again I'm not sure why you're so adamant on having people agree on that).

    Also the rp thing.


  5. #65
    カジカ Zeems's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,507
    Blog Entries
    118

    Default Re: Dangan Ronpa Mafia [Day 1 - 20/08/13]

    Hold on a second. Jasper, Human and FA got Froakie's permission to post the skit.

    Also, there is a chance that Human didn't even think about the possibility of people revealing their roles after suggesting that idea. It's only something to think about. Don't you think you're jumping to conclusions a little bit too quickly?

  6. #66
    Entertainment Duelist Momoka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    my room
    Posts
    3,526

    Follow Momoka on Tumblr

    Default Re: Dangan Ronpa Mafia [Day 1 - 20/08/13]

    On this same note(I agree with what Zima said on all this but to add another point that your vote seems a little hasty), I think the intention of his post was not for nameclaim's but for roleclaim's.

    Hence this part right here;

    Quote Originally Posted by Human
    As I stated before, random lynches can be beneficial but we could potentially hurt ourselves more with a no lynch on a very good role.

    all my life I've tried to hide what history has given me

  7. #67
    Just so Victoria, just so Mijzelffan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    17,302
    Blog Entries
    315
    Follow Mijzelffan On Twitter
    Follow Mijzelffan on Tumblr

    Default Re: Dangan Ronpa Mafia [Day 1 - 20/08/13]

    Quote Originally Posted by Zima View Post
    Hold on a second. Jasper, Human and FA got Froakie's permission to post the skit.
    You're legally allowed to spam me the same message over and over again on skype untill I block you but just because you're allowed to doesn't mean I won't find it annoying.

    Also, there is a chance that Human didn't even think about the possibility of people revealing their roles after suggesting that idea. It's only something to think about. Don't you think you're jumping to conclusions a little bit too quickly?
    It's pretty obvious that if you say "the mafia are these people" and you're wrong there's a chance someone will slip up and give a less obvious version of "nope, because I am that person and am innocent." There's no way he wouldn't think of that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Momoka View Post
    On this same note(I agree with what Zima said on all this but to add another point that your vote seems a little hasty), I think the intention of his post was not for nameclaim's but for roleclaim's.

    Hence this part right here;

    Quote Originally Posted by Human
    That doesn't explain why he's so adamant on having everyone agree with him for no good reason (he even bolded the part in question).


  8. #68
    Still the coolest! jokool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    2,102
    Blog Entries
    84

    Default Re: Dangan Ronpa Mafia [Day 1 - 20/08/13]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mijzelffan View Post
    Why would you insist on having people agree on something that can not only spoiler everyone who hasn't finished dangan ronpa yet, but can also make people accidently give away their role causing them to be modkilled agreeing/disagreeing with you. On top of that it doesn't really matter much who the mafia are, since you know, we can't nameclaim. Just have everyone agree there are probably 4 mafia if you must have everyone agree on something (though then again I'm not sure why you're so adamant on having people agree on that).
    Eh, I don't think there's any harm in trying to figure out what characters might be mafia. I honestly think Human has a good point.
    Also, I don't see how anyone would be revealing what role they had by agreeing with him unless they blatantly say what their role was. I doubt anyone would be crazy enough to do that.
    As for the spoilers, it's clearly stated that this game will have spoilers in it, so I think everyone is prepared for that.

  9. #69
    Face of mercy? NOPE Yato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Anywhere
    Posts
    6,664
    Blog Entries
    435

    Follow Yato on Tumblr

    Default Re: Dangan Ronpa Mafia [Day 1 - 20/08/13]

    Froakie specifically stated this will be a spoiler full game. As long as we keep important plots in spoiler tags, I don't see the problem with stating possibilites based on the storyline

  10. #70
    remember me jda95's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Castelia City
    Posts
    2,211
    Blog Entries
    24

    Follow jda95 on Tumblr

    Default Re: Dangan Ronpa Mafia [Day 1 - 20/08/13]

    to answer human's question i respectfully disagree with his assumption :) but for the purposes of not wasting my time or anyone else's time because there's no point debating roles in a game without nameclaims i'm not going to go into it

    Chances are he's just attempting to take a leading role in the proceedings right out of the gate rather than attempt to mislead the town so there's no need to view his actions as suspicious right now in my opinion (altho monokuma avatar? fishy).

  11. #71
    SHSL Gambler CrackFox's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    England
    Posts
    4,334
    Blog Entries
    114

    Default Re: Dangan Ronpa Mafia [Day 1 - 20/08/13]

    I think it's most likely that Human was just trying to throw some theories around, I wont look into it too much but I guess it's something to keep in mind. @Buoy; Why did you vote for Harpy, I know 'to spice things up' but why her, you could have chosen anyone of us?

  12. #72
    Prince of Renais FinalArcadia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Preparing for battle
    Posts
    2,744
    Blog Entries
    51

    Follow FinalArcadia on Tumblr Visit FinalArcadia's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Dangan Ronpa Mafia [Day 1 - 20/08/13]

    @Mijzelffan

    Trying to establish which characters could be mafia can be helpful even without being able to nameclaim, because it could help narrow down who to look for in possible FT and in what manner they are mentioned in, to see if it lines up with anyone, and such things have come in handy in some games. With the exception of one player probably, everyone here has played in multiple games, so there's not really any risk in accidentally nameclaiming that isn't already in any other game that does not allow nameclaiming.

    You're legally allowed to spam me the same message over and over again on skype untill I block you but just because you're allowed to doesn't mean I won't find it annoying.
    But even if you found it annoying, I don't see how that is actually indicative of scum? The other reason you gave I can understand, but with the "rp thing" tacked on, it sort of comes across like you were looking for a reason to vote Human because of that.


    Quote Originally Posted by Momoka
    I feel like a no lynch is the best course of action. After all, it's not as though we're likely to get any leads the first day since the usual squabbles of "why lynch [insert username here]?" and "why are you joke voting on [insert username]?". Although personally speaking, a lynch usually is the only way to get some leads considering nightkills don't give us all that much information. But to avoid those types of endless conversation, I think agreeing on 'no lynch' would be best.
    If you acknowledge that the nightkills don't give us much to work with, it doesn't make much sense to me that you'd also not want a lynch. A lot of the same types of conversations do seem to happen on Day 1 as a result of someone being lynched/almost lynched and I agree, but there can often be something taken from them or something that is useful later.

    So I guess I'm confused, are you saying you don't think a Day 1 lynch at all in this case is best, or that joke voting often causes the "endless conversation?" Because from the way you describe what often gets discussed, it sounds more like you think that discussion that comes from joke votes is problematic rather than actually lynching someone.

  13. #73
    Worthless Pein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    16

    Default Re: Dangan Ronpa Mafia [Day 1 - 20/08/13]

    hello everybody! My name is Pein and I suck at everything, including playing mafia games. Here's some things I want to keep in mind:
    -rp is indeed annoying
    -I didn't see humandawn as adamant as mijzellfan says
    -i think lynching is the best of both illness, at least it provides some insight

    given that, I'll Vote-sorry-: Momoka

    sorry but if I'm not wrong, you were the one that brought the no lynch up. and i totally disagree with that. A no lynch because of a tie, or ability or whatever is acceptable for me as votes are still cast and information can be inferred, but agreeing to cause a no lynch? sorry but...no.

    ---sorry--- :(
    Rex Max Ben Sam Dan Dallas Ed

  14. #74
    SHSL Gambler CrackFox's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    England
    Posts
    4,334
    Blog Entries
    114

    Default Re: Dangan Ronpa Mafia [Day 1 - 20/08/13]

    I can see it from both sides. On one hand a no lynch offers very little info but on the other lynching someone on day 1 is usually signing an innocent persons' death warrant, not so bad when you think how big the town faction still is at this point but it depends who we accidentally take out, it could be someone with a really crucial role for all we know. I'd probably prefer a lynch over nothing but i'll at least wait a fair bit before deciding who deserves the vote. Voting Momoka for suggesting a no lynch seems stupid to me. As i've said, there are good reasons for both lynch/no lynch on day one.

  15. #75
    Merry Christmas! Oswin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,682
    Blog Entries
    38

    Follow Oswin on Tumblr

    Default Re: Dangan Ronpa Mafia [Day 1 - 20/08/13]

    I agree with waiting later in the phase to cast a vote, when we know more. I'd hate to mislynch some innocent just as much as I'd hate a no lynch, both are unhelpful to the town.

Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •