Mafia: Choice Mafia - Cancelled - Page 6

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 117
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Choice Mafia - Cancelled

  1. #76
    Future Seeker HumanDawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    1,098
    Blog Entries
    21

    Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

    Default Re: Choice Mafia - Night 1 First Choice Time! - Feb 18

    Quote Originally Posted by Mijzelffan View Post
    Also human's "I was too sick to defend myself" argument doesn't fly; I spent multiple posts discussing genie humour with him after that. And if he had time to do that he also had time to defend himself. Like Neosquid I also think Human may just've thought to himself "forget it, I'll just sub back in immediatly."
    I was too sick to bother tying the votes at that time. I said I would tie them at night, but when I woke up in the morning, I had forgotten, then remembered, was to sick to bother and then forgot again, thinking that I had only one vote on me. That didn't cross my mind.

    Otherwise we'd be in about the same predicament the next day.
    Not really. With the Choices we could get some information.

  2. #77
    Just so Victoria, just so Mijzelffan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    17,302
    Blog Entries
    315
    Follow Mijzelffan On Twitter
    Follow Mijzelffan on Tumblr

    Default Re: Choice Mafia - Night 1 First Choice Time! - Feb 18

    Quote Originally Posted by HumanDawn View Post
    Not really. With the Choices we could get some information.
    Okay, tell me what information we would have had right now if I hadn't voted you. Let's see if we can get a worthy suspect out of it.


  3. #78
    Future Seeker HumanDawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    1,098
    Blog Entries
    21

    Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

    Default Re: Choice Mafia - Night 1 First Choice Time! - Feb 18

    Quote Originally Posted by Mijzelffan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HumanDawn View Post
    Not really. With the Choices we could get some information.
    Okay, tell me what information we would have had right now if I hadn't voted you. Let's see if we can get a worthy suspect out of it.
    Well, Dark Blueberry wouldn't have made that hypocritical post, I guess.

    Maybe in the Night we could get somebody to get a "Mafia" check on somebody with Choice A.

  4. #79
    Face of mercy? NOPE Yato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Anywhere
    Posts
    6,663
    Blog Entries
    435

    Follow Yato on Tumblr

    Default Re: Choice Mafia - Night 1 First Choice Time! - Feb 18

    Quote Originally Posted by Mijzelffan View Post
    vote: HumanDawn

    Be careful what you wish for~
    This doesn't look pro-town to me. You said something like that while placing the lynch vote.


    Admittedly I didn't tie up the votes because I was curious to see if Human was mafia or not.

    It was only after the phase that I realized that with such few votes, the person being lynched can never be mafia. Why? Because there was no bandwagon with too many votes to reverse the situation. Also, if Human was mafia with two votes, somebody would've tied up the votes because it was Day 1 and much too early to bus a player that wasn't voted via bandwagon.Tying up the votes at that time was easy, and since nobody did that, I should've realized that Human wasn't mafia but nobody was going to save him. The mafia just watched as an easy lynch took place, probably not bothering to vote.

    So while anyone who didn't vote for Human could be mafia as well, Mijz casually put the lynch-vote jokingly and seemingly took advantage of the thread temporarily dying.

    FoS.

  5. #80
    ε(´3`)з crystallineEntropy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    5,094
    Blog Entries
    152

    Default Re: Choice Mafia - Night 1 First Choice Time! - Feb 18

    Mizzy posted the vote when the thread was being fairly active, I don't see how that's "taking advantage of the thread dying".

    Though it's a valid point when you say that, due to the lack of any defense during the phase, Human probably wasn't mafia. But you yourself admitted that you didn't realize this until after the phase change. Your logic assumes that Mizzy would be aware of this while you weren't.

    Aside from that logic flop, we could always check other mafias to check out Mizzy's usual day 1 strategy. I have to agree that Human wasn't acting particularly anti town. If he was a mafia he would have been defended. Even if his fellow mafia were too afraid to defend him, there would be no excuse for him not to defend himself. If he was a mafia I think he would have been much more likely to defend himself, as the excuse "I was too sick to defend myself" would not roll with the mafia well at all. You know, since the mafia is much smaller then the town, and the fact that their losses hurt them more due to said smaller numbers. Also, you can't sub if you die as a mafia.

    I see several options:

    • Mizzy didn't realize that human probably wasn't mafia (I didn't either until you made me think about it more...)
    • Time zone issues
    • Mizzy is a mafioso and simply wanted a townie lynched
    • Mizzy didn't wanna look suspicious for switching a vote last minute (might tie in with the 2nd option)


    If it's the first one, it was definitely Mizzy attempting to create activity in order to get information. If it's the third, I think it's pretty self explanatory. The fourth and second could roll either way, I guess.

    I suggest that somebody check out Mizzy's behavior in other mafias on day one. I'm currently leaning towards one or two, but if he displays a significant amount of behavior that contradicts his behavior on this day 1, then I might change my mind.

    I'm going to bed soon, and I probably won't have time to look into this for a while.

  6. #81
    Registered User Mintaka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    GMT +9
    Posts
    10,524
    Blog Entries
    80
    Follow Mintaka On Twitter
    Follow Mintaka on Tumblr

    Default Re: Choice Mafia - Night 1 First Choice Time! - Feb 18

    1. @Neosquid;
    2. @TheMissingno.;
    4. @Dark Blueberry;
    5. @HumanDawn;
    6. @Paperhorse;
    7. @Froakie;
    8. @m0ckingbird20;
    9. @Akuraito;
    10. @Setra;
    11. @Momoka;
    12. @Tailgate;
    13. @Fushimi;
    14. @Mijzelffan;
    15. @Midorikawa;
    16. @Neon Borealis;
    17. @Pokemaster97;
    18. @Zima;




    Those with a goal to eradicate all that is not them, they settled on a decision.

    During the Night, one poor soul was killed. No one would hear them again.

    Fushimi was killed during the Night. She was Town
    .

    ~~~~~~

    IT IS NOW DAY 2. YOU MAY VOTE.

    Players, please be active. (Those who have participated somehow, you're okay, ignore this.)
    I understand that there might have been an error with notifications, but I've posted at least two Mention walls. I expect at least a 'Damn, that was a townie lynched' post if you have nothing to contribute to discussions.

  7. #82
    Face of mercy? NOPE Yato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Anywhere
    Posts
    6,663
    Blog Entries
    435

    Follow Yato on Tumblr

    Default Re: Choice Mafia - Day 2 What will it be next? - Feb 19

    vote: Mijzelffan for reasons I have already stated.
    @Mijzelffan;

  8. #83
    Just so Victoria, just so Mijzelffan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    17,302
    Blog Entries
    315
    Follow Mijzelffan On Twitter
    Follow Mijzelffan on Tumblr

    Default Re: Choice Mafia - Night 1 First Choice Time! - Feb 18

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Blueberry View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mijzelffan View Post
    vote: HumanDawn

    Be careful what you wish for~
    This doesn't look pro-town to me. You said something like that while placing the lynch vote.
    Yeah, everyone jokevoted day 1. Even you, you voted Mintaka. You're not really one to talk about proper reasoning for voting. I already told you my choice for human was somewhat random, which you would now if you actually properly read my accusitions against you.


    Admittedly I didn't tie up the votes because I was curious to see if Human was mafia or not.
    That makes you as much to blame.

    It was only after the phase that I realized that with such few votes, the person being lynched can never be mafia. Why? Because there was no bandwagon with too many votes to reverse the situation. Also, if Human was mafia with two votes, somebody would've tied up the votes because it was Day 1 and much too early to bus a player that wasn't voted via bandwagon.Tying up the votes at that time was easy, and since nobody did that, I should've realized that Human wasn't mafia but nobody was going to save him. The mafia just watched as an easy lynch took place, probably not bothering to vote.
    Good news, you have 20/20 hindsight! Just like everyone else! This is not relevant. It's easy to claim you should've done something differently. It's also unprovable. The point is that you didn't stop the lynch, yet act like the lynch should have stopped afterwards.

    So while anyone who didn't vote for Human could be mafia as well, Mijz casually put the lynch-vote jokingly and seemingly took advantage of the thread temporarily dying.
    Dying thread? We should expect threads to die only 6 hours after the phasechange now?

    Quote Originally Posted by Neosquid View Post
    I suggest that somebody check out Mizzy's behavior in other mafias on day one. I'm currently leaning towards one or two, but if he displays a significant amount of behavior that contradicts his behavior on this day 1, then I might change my mind.
    Check a random number of mafia games to see who was the first one on day 1 to place a vote on someone who already had a vote on him. It's likely that that person was me. For reasons already stated, I always do that.



    So let's recap. I vote for human in a sea of people doing nothing but randomvotes to spark some discussion / defense / posts that are not pure randomvotes. This is at a reasonable time in the game, only 6 hours after the host updates. 18 hours pass, and plenty of people see what happened. Dark Blueberry is amongst these people, as she admit herself. Dark Bluerry does nothing to stop this lynch even though she had 18 hours, then when the lynch is over within a mere 12 minutes she points out that I shouldn't have voted human. So even though she had the chance to stop the lynch herself, she didn't, and then directs full blame onto me instead and votes me.

    Dark Blueberry admitted she chose to let the lynch happen on purpose, then tries to shift the full blame of the lynch to someone else (me) while vehemently denying that she's just as responsible. Heck, she doesn't even properly respond to any of my accusitions, dodging most of my posts with irrelevant stuff. I'm pretty sure Dark Blueberry is mafia, who just thought she could get away with an easy townie lynch like this.

    vote: Dark Blueberry


  9. #84
    Face of mercy? NOPE Yato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Anywhere
    Posts
    6,663
    Blog Entries
    435

    Follow Yato on Tumblr

    Default Re: Choice Mafia - Night 1 First Choice Time! - Feb 18

    Quote Originally Posted by Mijzelffan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Blueberry View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mijzelffan View Post
    vote: HumanDawn

    Be careful what you wish for~
    This doesn't look pro-town to me. You said something like that while placing the lynch vote.
    Yeah, everyone jokevoted day 1. Even you, you voted Mintaka. You're not really one to talk about proper reasoning for voting. I already told you my choice for human was somewhat random, which you would now if you actually properly read my accusitions against you.


    Admittedly I didn't tie up the votes because I was curious to see if Human was mafia or not.
    That makes you as much to blame.

    It was only after the phase that I realized that with such few votes, the person being lynched can never be mafia. Why? Because there was no bandwagon with too many votes to reverse the situation. Also, if Human was mafia with two votes, somebody would've tied up the votes because it was Day 1 and much too early to bus a player that wasn't voted via bandwagon.Tying up the votes at that time was easy, and since nobody did that, I should've realized that Human wasn't mafia but nobody was going to save him. The mafia just watched as an easy lynch took place, probably not bothering to vote.
    Good news, you have 20/20 hindsight! Just like everyone else! This is not relevant. It's easy to claim you should've done something differently. It's also unprovable. The point is that you didn't stop the lynch, yet act like the lynch should have stopped afterwards.

    So while anyone who didn't vote for Human could be mafia as well, Mijz casually put the lynch-vote jokingly and seemingly took advantage of the thread temporarily dying.
    Dying thread? We should expect threads to die only 6 hours after the phasechange now?

    Quote Originally Posted by Neosquid View Post
    I suggest that somebody check out Mizzy's behavior in other mafias on day one. I'm currently leaning towards one or two, but if he displays a significant amount of behavior that contradicts his behavior on this day 1, then I might change my mind.
    Check a random number of mafia games to see who was the first one on day 1 to place a vote on someone who already had a vote on him. It's likely that that person was me. For reasons already stated, I always do that.



    So let's recap. I vote for human in a sea of people doing nothing but randomvotes to spark some discussion / defense / posts that are not pure randomvotes. This is at a reasonable time in the game, only 6 hours after the host updates. 18 hours pass, and plenty of people see what happened. Dark Blueberry is amongst these people, as she admit herself. Dark Bluerry does nothing to stop this lynch even though she had 18 hours, then when the lynch is over within a mere 12 minutes she points out that I shouldn't have voted human. So even though she had the chance to stop the lynch herself, she didn't, and then directs full blame onto me instead and votes me.

    Dark Blueberry admitted she chose to let the lynch happen on purpose, then tries to shift the full blame of the lynch to someone else (me) while vehemently denying that she's just as responsible. Heck, she doesn't even properly respond to any of my accusitions, dodging most of my posts with irrelevant stuff. I'm pretty sure Dark Blueberry is mafia, who just thought she could get away with an easy townie lynch like this.

    vote: Dark Blueberry
    Still the lynch wouldn't have happened if you hadn't voted for Human in the first place.

  10. #85
    Cityspeaker Charles Dunois's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,805
    Blog Entries
    78

    Default Re: Choice Mafia - Day 2 What will it be next? - Feb 19

    Uh...

    Vote: Dark Blueberry
    Mijzelffan's reasoning appeals to me.

  11. #86
    I'm a servant of the lord Midorikawa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    In fields of grey
    Posts
    10,564
    Blog Entries
    18

    Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Choice Mafia - Day 2 What will it be next? - Feb 19

    VOTE: Dark Blueberry the way you jumped on Mijzelffan and didn't even consider the other possibilities and still are tunneling on Mijzelffan strikes me as grasping at straws and brushing things off will only hurt the tow.

    On a note of the current situation There's obviously two possibilities: 1) Mijzelffan and DB at both town or 2) One of them is mafia. That's of course not including Akuraito. If DB turns up mafia then my guess is that Aku has a larger than normal possibility of being mafia, and if we Mijzelffan ends up lynched then there's a larger possibility of those of us that defended him being mafia.

  12. #87
    The Lord of the Dance m0ckingbird20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Behind you...
    Posts
    35

    Visit m0ckingbird20's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Choice Mafia - Day 2 What will it be next? - Feb 19

    I don't have any theory of mine now and I agree with what has been said on DB so far.

    VOTE: DarkBlueberry

  13. #88
    ε(´3`)з crystallineEntropy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    5,094
    Blog Entries
    152

    Default Re: Choice Mafia - Day 2 What will it be next? - Feb 19

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Blueberry View Post
    vote: Mijzelffan for reasons I have already stated.
    @Mijzelffan;
    y u no respond to my post

    Vote: DarkBlueberry

  14. #89
    Face of mercy? NOPE Yato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Anywhere
    Posts
    6,663
    Blog Entries
    435

    Follow Yato on Tumblr

    Default Re: Choice Mafia - Day 2 What will it be next? - Feb 19

    o_O What a bandwagon.

    What are you going to do if I flip town?

  15. #90
    The Lord of the Dance m0ckingbird20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Behind you...
    Posts
    35

    Visit m0ckingbird20's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Choice Mafia - Day 2 What will it be next? - Feb 19

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Blueberry View Post
    o_O What a bandwagon.

    What are you going to do if I flip town?
    Throw a party... -.-'

    That's a risk you always take when lynching someone.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •