It is said that sometimes, a choice makes the difference between life and death.
In a small crowd, so much can happen if you killed the wrong person. So much can happen if you trusted the wrong person.
* Sportsmanship. Please keep the game enjoyable for everyone. Don't heat up the arguments to an unnecessary level.
* No private communications among players, sans the Mafia in their QT.
** Contacting the host privately regarding this game is fine in any form (PMs/IMs). If you see me online on Skype and wish to send in your Choice via Skype, that’s fine too.
* No screenshots.
* No directly sharing PMs I send to you as a host. Stick to paraphrasing.
** Other methods of claiming are fine.
‘I chose Choice B last Night and named that person’, 'I got the result that this player is Mafia!', all acceptable.
So be careful, Mafia players. My last advice – if you are going to claim Choices, don't mix the letters and numbers up.
* Please place your public votes properly in bold. (VOTE: (player)) If you want to cancel that vote, write Unvote: (player), and you can place a new vote after that. When votes are not written in the proper format, I am not responsible for the consequences.
* Game will be updated around 9:00 PM (GMT +9). If I expect that I won’t make it around this time, I will let you know ahead as much as I can.
* Desirable activity is at least one post/PM for every second phase. As for ‘PM’, I'm referring to the vote PMs that Town players will have to send to me during Nights.
* If you do not want to receive a Choice for any reason, rather than not sending a PM at all, please send me a PM saying so. Same for the mafia too, if you don’t want a Choice, please post in the Quicktopic that you do not want one.
* If you expect that you'll be absent longer than three phases, let me know prior. You might be given an extra phase before you're subbed out.
* I maintain the right to sub out or modkill as I find necessary.
* No posting information or Liking posts after death. Keep information out of that last ‘Damn, I’m dead’ post.
* The mechanics of this game are being tested; this is the first time I’m hosting this sort of game. Please understand that there might be a lack of balance depending on the circumstances. I will be accepting all criticism, opinions, and suggestions about the game after it ends, so look forward to that. You can talk to me about the game privately after you die though.
Out of 18 players, there will be 4 mafia and 14 townies.
Every player is a vanilla player; they do not have actions/abilities of their own.
Mafia players win as soon as they equal the Town players in number.
Town players win by eliminating all the Mafia players.
During Days, every player can Vote for a target. The player who takes the most damage from Votes by the end of the Day will be lynched. Players can also vote for a ‘No Lynch’ option.
If there is a tie between No Lynch and a player, the player will be lynched.
If there is a tie between players, one of those who has gathered the most votes will be randomly lynched.
Now here’s where the new mechanics come in.
During Nights, players make a Choice. Depending on the Choice, the action/ability that a player can gain will differ.
Mafia makes a Choice as a team, in a QuickTopic prepared by the host. Mafia can also discuss strategies in this QT. Mafia must clearly state the Choice they wish to gain (any alive Mafia player can post the final decision). Otherwise, they will not be given any. If the Mafia players do not want to receive a Choice, they don’t need to receive one.
Mafia can gain only one Choice each Night, and they cannot earn the same Choice more than twice in succession.
Regardless of Choice, Mafia can attempt a kill every Night. Mafia's nightly kill happens last in terms of priority.
Choice 1: All members of mafia have their votes increased by X1.5. However all mafia players will all receive X1.5 damage from votes, and in a tie in votes, they will always lose.
Choice 2: One of the mafia players will be seen as Town during the Night. Mafia players must name who gains this ability. The selected mafia player takes triple damage from votes the following Day. The ‘godfather’ will also always lose in a tie in votes.
Choice 3: One of the Town players will be seen as aligned with Mafia during the Night. Mafia must name the Town player. The said Town player will also lose in a tie in votes, but will take half damage from votes.
Choice 4: Mafia can sacrifice one of their teammates to kill two Town players instead of one. The two named targets will be excluded from those who can receive any action results during that Night. This Choice can be gained only once during the whole game.
Town players vote for what Choice to make by sending a PM to the host during Nights.
The majority of the Town players must have voted for the same Choice in order for them to gain it. Town cannot gain more than one Choice at the same time. If the voting was a tie, one of the top two Choices will be decided.
Other than the Choice D, Town can gain the same Choice in consequent chances as long as majority of the townies voted for it.
Town players will not know what Choice was decided on their behalf, except the player who has received the results.
Choice A: Townies send in a name; the target will have their alignment checked. One of the players who made this Choice will be given results, depending on the name they sent. This action will be affected by Mafia's Choice 2 and 3.
Choice B: Townies send in a name of a player who will be protected from the Mafia's nightly kill during the Night. One of the targets will be protected. The protected player will be informed of the protection. A player can target this Choice on him/herself.
Choice C: Townies send in two names. Two players will be protected from the Mafia's nightly kill during the Night. The protected players wil be informed that they were protected. During the following Day, all Townies will take double damage from votes. Players cannot target themselves with this Choice, for either of the two names.
Choice D: The upcoming Day phase will be extended. In this extended phase, up to two players can be lynched. The player who has gathered the most votes, and the runner-up will both be lynched. If there is a tie between the two players who have been voted for the most, both of them will be lynched. This Choice cannot be made in succession.