Thanks to Wolverine for okaying this.
Hey there and welcome to Charge of the Cannonfodder. This is a Mafia game based around the X-COM series, specifically UFO Defense, an old but popular DOS game where you control a secret organisation fighting to save the world from an alien invasion.
The premise of this Mafia game is fairly simple. A group of aliens known as Sectoids have launched an attack on an isolated X-COM base, this base is understaffed and is forced to go into lockdown to resist the attack trapping several Sectoids inside along with the survivors. Through the use of Holographic disguises, mind control and good ol' fashioned plasma weaponry these Sectoids are trying to finish off the base.
And this is where we come in.
Anyway a bit of lingo for those unfamiliar with the series:
- X-COM - The human organsation combatting the alien invasion.
- Sectoid - Local name for Greys ( Classic small grey aliens)
- Psionics - Local name for psychic powers.
This is designed to be a 30 player game, with the standard two factions and some loners to fix things up.
Here are some rules:
1. Please be active, post at least once per phase if possible. If you are likely to be absent due to pressing concerns please PM/VM me.
2. Be polite and follow the forums rules
3. You may claim your Role and Alignment, you may not copy and paste your role PM or quote it in any way. Posting fake role PMs is also a no-no.
4. No outside communication, if you are allowed to communicate outside the thread you will have been provided with a quicktopic in your role PM.
5. If you die you are dead, no more talking.
6. Phases will last 24 hours, ideally changing over at around 10pm GMT each day.
PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: The Commander is a valuable target for the aliens, if he falls X-COM operatives with special roles will not be able to use their abilities for 3 turns, protect him and his bodyguard well. The commanders identity, but not that of his bodyguard, will be revealed in the first post.
4- @Smasher 101