Cancelled: Charge of the Cannonfodder, an X-COM UFO Defense Mafia (Sign Ups 12/10/11)

Thread: Charge of the Cannonfodder, an X-COM UFO Defense Mafia (Sign Ups 12/10/11)

Default Charge of the Cannonfodder, an X-COM UFO Defense Mafia (Sign Ups 12/10/11)

Thanks to Wolverine for okaying this.

Hey there and welcome to Charge of the Cannonfodder. This is a Mafia game based around the X-COM series, specifically UFO Defense, an old but popular DOS game where you control a secret organisation fighting to save the world from an alien invasion.

The premise of this Mafia game is fairly simple. A group of aliens known as Sectoids have launched an attack on an isolated X-COM base, this base is understaffed and is forced to go into lockdown to resist the attack trapping several Sectoids inside along with the survivors. Through the use of Holographic disguises, mind control and good ol' fashioned plasma weaponry these Sectoids are trying to finish off the base.

And this is where we come in.

Anyway a bit of lingo for those unfamiliar with the series:
    - X-COM - The human organsation combatting the alien invasion.
    - Sectoid - Local name for Greys ( Classic small grey aliens)
    - Psionics - Local name for psychic powers.

This is designed to be a 30 player game, with the standard two factions and some loners to fix things up.

Here are some rules:

1. Please be active, post at least once per phase if possible. If you are likely to be absent due to pressing concerns please PM/VM me.
    2. Be polite and follow the forums rules
    3. You may claim your Role and Alignment, you may not copy and paste your role PM or quote it in any way. Posting fake role PMs is also a no-no.
    4. No outside communication, if you are allowed to communicate outside the thread you will have been provided with a quicktopic in your role PM.
    5. If you die you are dead, no more talking.
    6. Phases will last 24 hours, ideally changing over at around 10pm GMT each day.

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: The Commander is a valuable target for the aliens, if he falls X-COM operatives with special roles will not be able to use their abilities for 3 turns, protect him and his bodyguard well. The commanders identity, but not that of his bodyguard, will be revealed in the first post.

Players:
    1- @Neonsands
    2- @♪Twiggy♪
    3- @Serene
    4- @Smasher 101
    5- @Flame_
    6-
    7-
    8-
    9-
    10-
    11-
    12-
    13-
    14-
    15-
    16-
    17-
    18-
    19-
    20-
    21-
    22-
    23-
    24-
    25-
    26-
    27-
    28-
    29-
    30-
    Last edited by Hellion; 30th October 2011 at 07:39 AM.

Vayre's Ye Olde Arte Shoppe|Banner made by me |The Haunting of Hotel Aurora, a Pokemon Horror RP (Signup)|Join the X-COM Mafia

The Hero You Never Needed Neonsands's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Charge of the Cannonfodder, an X-COM UFO Defense Mafia (Sign Ups 12/10/11)

I'll join. :D

Blog Entries
    Follow Noivern On Twitter

Default Re: Charge of the Cannonfodder, an X-COM UFO Defense Mafia (Sign Ups 12/10/11)

Going in!
    Hey, it's Noivern here. I like Noivern a lot. I like Katy Perry. I want a Hydreigon plushie. Also, I'm a total PC geek.
    Links

Blog Entries

me three
    My life is a nightmare

Blog Entries

In.

Blog Entries

Sure, in

Blog Entries
    Follow Noivern On Twitter

NOTE: Ophiuchus is now ♪Twiggy♪.
    Hey, it's Noivern here. I like Noivern a lot. I like Katy Perry. I want a Hydreigon plushie. Also, I'm a total PC geek.
    Links

Blog Entries

If you ever need a sub, give me a shout.

This is most likely going to be cancelled unless I get a lot of signups in the next 2 days

Vayre's Ye Olde Arte Shoppe|Banner made by me |The Haunting of Hotel Aurora, a Pokemon Horror RP (Signup)|Join the X-COM Mafia

Can I join?

Everybody do the Nya-kachu!