Mafia: Birth By Sleep: ENDGAME, TOWN WON 4/8/14 - Page 4
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 299

Thread: Birth By Sleep: ENDGAME, TOWN WON 4/8/14

  1. #46

    Default Re: Birth By Sleep: Day 1 The party has been crashed 3/28/14

    The thing is though that Lysandre has nothing to defend himself against? It was a joke vote and therefore he isn't going to find anything serious to argue about. So, when you think about it that way, I agree with Peaceful Giraffe because to me it looks like Farfetchd was going for an easy vote to bandwagon off of. There wasn't really any reason to vote Lysandre to get a pressure vote when nothing can be said to defend himself with.
    Last edited by Momoka; 28th March 2014 at 10:55 PM.

    I got a letter... The name on the envelope said... Mary... my wife's name.

  2. #47

    Default Re: Birth By Sleep: Day 1 The party has been crashed 3/28/14

    "Suspicious phone at work activity"

    Yeah... that was part of the not serious part. Just sayin. I've already said the votes not stayin, there's nothing else I can really say. Guess I learned never to have fun on the first day. I'll remember that next time. ; [

    Sig Credit to Caprizant! Check out his shop in the Art Gallery!

  3. #48
    Captain of Tao Midorikawa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Ohisama En
    Posts
    11,395
    Blog Entries
    23

    Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Birth By Sleep: Day 1 The party has been crashed 3/28/14

    @Momoka;No one said anything about Lysandre defending himself, and its simple to defend himself against that anyways. The whole point of ever putting multiple votes on a person day one for no good reason is to see how they react to the amount of votes.

  4. #49

    Default Re: Birth By Sleep: Day 1 The party has been crashed 3/28/14

    @Greece may I ask how the voting is in this game? Just wondering as I dont see it specified.
    Most Votes, Majority, or what?

    Sig Credit to Caprizant! Check out his shop in the Art Gallery!

  5. #50

    Default Re: Birth By Sleep: Day 1 The party has been crashed 3/28/14

    Quote Originally Posted by Farfetchd the Vigilante View Post
    @Greece may I ask how the voting is in this game? Just wondering as I dont see it specified.
    Most Votes, Majority, or what?
    I think it's electorial votes.
    In my opinion, Lysandre and Gastly both seem innocent. Gastly voted to instigate conversation. Two votes seems like too much to instigate conversation though. Who did the second vote? Farfetch'd. For now, he seems the most scummy to me and has not really provided an adequate response to why he voted Lysandre. Although this may be because he's new, I'm going to vote him for now although I'll still be wary just in case the mafia is taking advantage of Farfetch'd being new.
    Therefore,
    VOTE: Farfetchd the Vigilante
    Also, I think putting multiple votes on one person to instigate conversation isn't really the best course of action if there is no proof to lynch.

  6. #51

    Default Re: Birth By Sleep: Day 1 The party has been crashed 3/28/14

    Quote Originally Posted by Midorikawa View Post
    @Momoka;No one said anything about Lysandre defending himself, and its simple to defend himself against that anyways. The whole point of ever putting multiple votes on a person day one for no good reason is to see how they react to the amount of votes.
    Oooh, well that part makes sense. I can kind of understand now the reason for this, so for now I guess discount my suspicion on that vote placed.

    EDIT: Although if Farfetchd is claiming it was a joke vote(or that's what I'm getting from his comment about fun? if not feel free to correct me) that's a bit unusual since normally those aren't starting bandwagons(or just adding a vote onto a player who already has one), but I guess there's a first for everything. Still gonna keep an eye on him though.
    Last edited by Momoka; 29th March 2014 at 12:38 AM.

    I got a letter... The name on the envelope said... Mary... my wife's name.

  7. #52
    F***ing Fabulous Lysandre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    1,637
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Birth By Sleep: Day 1 The party has been crashed 3/28/14

    Well, uh... apparently I'm supposed to make a speech, though I'm not sure what to respond to exactly since every accusation has been "LYSANDRE IS MAFIA HAHA JUST JOKING" with no elaboration...

    Anyway, I really don't mind the votes on me since it prompted conversation that's actually given us all a chance to start getting reads and since I'm still convinced both votes were basically jokes to some extent. To elaborate, I work as a sound guy for a local band on weekends and have chances when the band is doing other stuff to refresh the thread and check in, but I get in hot water with the boss if I'm caught "texting" or anything resembling it, so I had to wait til break to shoot off a quick message on here explaining (though honestly I'm a little disturbed that people are stalking which thread I'm viewing and at what times to find something against me--feels like trying too hard when I hadn't even posted yet) and until the gig ended to get to a keyboard and write something up. I'm not really sure what else to say, since that's really all I have to respond to.

    Anyway, reads based on what limited knowledge I have:

    GastlyGibus: One post so far and it was just usual GG antics, so I have no clue yet.

    Momoka: Seems town for now, thoughtful about reads and has good reasoning.

    The_Pikachu: Ditto.

    Farfetchd: Eh, I see where you guys are coming from, but it seems like he was just joking so I'm not gonna jump all over him for no reason. It's the most suspicious thing so far but that's not saying much since nothing has happened. Seriously though, why mention that I viewed the thread without responding? Who even looks at something like that? Mentioning that seems a LITTLE like he was trying to start a bandwagon and pass it off as a joke, but I don't know, maybe he really is just on a sugar high like he claimed. Top suspect right now I guess but again, that's not saying much.

    Peaceful Giraffe: Town vibes so far.

    Midorikawa: Mixed messages so far, not enough to judge on yet.


    I'll refrain from voting for now, as I feel like I need to see a little more this phase (and I'm wary of starting a mislynch bandwagon turn one again).

    EDIT: And I don't think it even warrants mentioning, but since my avatar/sig were mentioned as some kind of sign, I have Descole images because I was because I was playing him in the Nonary game (which didn't end up having any real roleplaying but oh well). For what it's worth, I had it for about the second half of the Disney mafia where I was Tracker, so it's not like I ran out and changed it because MUAHAHA IM MAFIA NOW.
    Last edited by Lysandre; 29th March 2014 at 01:01 AM.

  8. #53

    Default Re: Birth By Sleep: Day 1 The party has been crashed 3/28/14

    Just as reference, a strategy a lot of users employ is to hover but not post, and draw attention away from themselves. Especially mafia, or the Doctor role. In fact, that is what first made me suspicious of Stunt last game who turned out mafia.

    Just answering the whole Who notices something like that? Question.

    Also getting townie vibes from Momoka.

    Sig Credit to Caprizant! Check out his shop in the Art Gallery!

  9. #54
    F***ing Fabulous Lysandre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    1,637
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Birth By Sleep: Day 1 The party has been crashed 3/28/14

    Well, it's pretty clear I'm not employing that strategy since I posted a huge a wall of text :P

    Might I ask why your vote on me still stands? It seems I've answered your concerns that you raised supposedly as a "Temporary vote" and a "Joke" but you're still voting to have me lynched.

  10. #55

    Default Re: Birth By Sleep: Day 1 The party has been crashed 3/28/14

    Oh, sorry.
    Unvote:Lysander

    Forgot.
    I was never being serious about you being suspicious for the phone thing. It clearly started discussion though, which is good.

    Sig Credit to Caprizant! Check out his shop in the Art Gallery!

  11. #56
    So you want to be a hero? Stuntology's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Beautiful British Columbia
    Posts
    978

    Default Re: Birth By Sleep: Day 1 The party has been crashed 3/28/14

    I think it's a little insane that Farfetched and Lysandre and posting their 'reads' on players who've had like three posts each. There's virtually nothing to go off of; they're totally worthless.

    Goblins and Saurus and Cheetaurs, oh my!

  12. #57

    Default Re: Birth By Sleep: Day 1 The party has been crashed 3/28/14

    I dont know about Lysander, but I'm posting off of past games. From what I've seen, this is her usual playstyle. When she plays this way, I usually get town. Just a guess though. I dont see why so hostile to first reads. I'm not saying 100% guaranteed, just my first opinion.
    *In reference to Momoka.
    Last edited by Farfetchd the Vigilante; 29th March 2014 at 02:34 AM.

    Sig Credit to Caprizant! Check out his shop in the Art Gallery!

  13. #58

    Default Re: Birth By Sleep: Day 1 The party has been crashed 3/28/14

    Quote Originally Posted by Farfetchd the Vigilante View Post
    I dont know about Lysander, but I'm posting off of past games. From what I've seen, this is her usual playstyle. When she plays this way, I usually get town. Just a guess though. I dont see why so hostile to first reads. I'm not saying 100% guaranteed, just my first opinion.
    Her? She? Lysander? Is Lysandre a girl? Also, why if you get town vibes did you vote Lysandre. First you say it's an joke, then it's a bit serious, and now it's nothing? You're jumping a bunch and I smell scum.

  14. #59

    Default Re: Birth By Sleep: Day 1 The party has been crashed 3/28/14

    *In reference to Momoka. Sorry. Stunt called bullshit on my town vibe from her. That was who I spoke of.

    Also a bit serious? Care to elaborate?

    Sig Credit to Caprizant! Check out his shop in the Art Gallery!

  15. #60
    Cryst Fairy HumanDawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Luxendarc
    Posts
    1,165
    Blog Entries
    21

    Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

    Default Re: Birth By Sleep: Day 1 The party has been crashed 3/28/14

    Quote Originally Posted by Midorikawa View Post
    Either way the way that PG jumped on FTV for joke voting is too strange.
    Her reasoning to vote Farfetchd isn't because he joke voted, it's because it seemed to her that he was taking it seriously. It can be pretty hard for some people to know whether somebody is joking or not, especially on the Internet, and I've had cases where I've joked for good intentions and people jumped on me and didn't believe me when I said I was sorry and wasn't meant to be harmful. Another one of those multiple reasons you failed to conveniently mention is also that she could be Town defending somebody who she thinks is Town combating somebody who she thinks might be Mafia for what she herself thinks are good reasons. She also defended Lysandre to make her case more solid on him, just like how you're defending Farfetchd to make your case more solid on her.

    I don't agree with her reasoning either, I took it more of a joke too and I agree that with two votes it's not as if much damage would be done that an actual lynch would happen. There's nothing for me to vote either now.

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Pikachu View Post
    Two votes seems like too much to instigate conversation though.
    I don't think so, one vote is almost nothing, and two votes or three are enough to cause some actual conversation. Had Farfetchd not voted there wouldn't be the conversation there was now.

    Who did the second vote? Farfetch'd. For now, he seems the most scummy to me and has not really provided an adequate response to why he voted Lysandre.
    What about it wasn't "adequate"? What reasoning would you rather like? You even dismissed because he's new too, and yeah I know that being new doesn't necessarily give him a free pass, but it should be something to at least consider.

    Also, I think putting multiple votes on one person to instigate conversation isn't really the best course of action if there is no proof to lynch.
    I wouldn't say just "two" votes are multiple votes. They're a lot better than one, but at the same time not really harmful.

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Pikachu View Post
    Her? She? Lysander? Is Lysandre a girl? Also, why if you get town vibes did you vote Lysandre. First you say it's an joke, then it's a bit serious, and now it's nothing? You're jumping a bunch and I smell scum.
    Lysandre is male last time I checked. and no i didn't check *that* way

    I think Farfetched might be saying he got town vibes after voting Lysandre and he posted, which isn't really contradictory it's just new stuff changing his thinking. I don't recall him ever saying it was a serious vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by Stuntology View Post
    I think it's a little insane that Farfetched and Lysandre and posting their 'reads' on players who've had like three posts each. There's virtually nothing to go off of; they're totally worthless.
    Three posts may not seem much, but it depends on how much they've said and I don't think they're worthless. They could cause conversation from people who disagree, others might think that there are more people that share their thinking and that would in a way validate theirs, and they could serve as a good reminder as to what you thought of somebody then to use later.
    Last edited by HumanDawn; 29th March 2014 at 04:53 AM.

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •