Mafia: Bionicle Mask of Mafia-Day 10- Reign of shadows. ENDGAME. Mafia victory!!! - Page 33
Page 33 of 43 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 495 of 645

Thread: Bionicle Mask of Mafia-Day 10- Reign of shadows. ENDGAME. Mafia victory!!!

  1. #481
    LVL 7 Master Mew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Nugget Bridge
    Posts
    4,069
    Blog Entries
    109

    Default Re: Bionicle Mask of Mafia-Day 6- Water gets weaker (01/28/13)

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Blueberry View Post
    @Master Mew; Human has been one of the people targeting Midorikawa - I don't think he'd be mafia, unless there's something I don't know...?
    Only if you didn't know that when FinalArcadia was lynched she got to convert someone...?

    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1198-0821

  2. #482
    Hyping over Steven Stone Kyriaki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Hoenn
    Posts
    7,313
    Blog Entries
    408

    Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

    Default Re: Bionicle Mask of Mafia-Day 6- Water gets weaker (01/28/13)

    Quote Originally Posted by Master Mew View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Blueberry View Post
    @Master Mew; Human has been one of the people targeting Midorikawa - I don't think he'd be mafia, unless there's something I don't know...?
    Only if you didn't know that when FinalArcadia was lynched she got to convert someone...?
    She could've chosen someone else - it could be anyone. Maybe it COULD be Human - but it could also be you. She would've chosen someone that wouldn't be too obvious for her choice.

  3. #483
    LVL 7 Master Mew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Nugget Bridge
    Posts
    4,069
    Blog Entries
    109

    Default Re: Bionicle Mask of Mafia-Day 6- Water gets weaker (01/28/13)

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Blueberry View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Mew View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Blueberry View Post
    @Master Mew; Human has been one of the people targeting Midorikawa - I don't think he'd be mafia, unless there's something I don't know...?
    Only if you didn't know that when FinalArcadia was lynched she got to convert someone...?
    She could've chosen someone else - it could be anyone. Maybe it COULD be Human - but it could also be you. She would've chosen someone that wouldn't be too obvious for her choice.
    That's a little WIFOMy for you to say it with such assurance, don't you think?

    Converting the person who drove the lynch on the Converter would be optimal, I would think - after all, conversions are generally most effective when used on the player with the most towncred at the point of conversion.

    Suggesting that they would choose someone with less towncred just to not be "too obvious" is WIFOM and assumes the Mafia would make a sub-optimal move.

    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1198-0821

  4. #484
    Hyping over Steven Stone Kyriaki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Hoenn
    Posts
    7,313
    Blog Entries
    408

    Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

    Default Re: Bionicle Mask of Mafia-Day 6- Water gets weaker (01/28/13)

    Quote Originally Posted by Master Mew View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Blueberry View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Mew View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Blueberry View Post
    @Master Mew; Human has been one of the people targeting Midorikawa - I don't think he'd be mafia, unless there's something I don't know...?
    Only if you didn't know that when FinalArcadia was lynched she got to convert someone...?
    She could've chosen someone else - it could be anyone. Maybe it COULD be Human - but it could also be you. She would've chosen someone that wouldn't be too obvious for her choice.
    That's a little WIFOMy for you to say it with such assurance, don't you think?

    Converting the person who drove the lynch on the Converter would be optimal, I would think - after all, conversions are generally most effective when used on the player with the most towncred at the point of conversion.

    Suggesting that they would choose someone with less towncred just to not be "too obvious" is WIFOM and assumes the Mafia would make a sub-optimal move.
    We're more likely to vote someone who's been active in the thread - but for example, nobody's been talking about Greece or Fynx specifically as a vote target. Wouldn't it be more safe to convert people who don't post very often - and thus, can easily escape the radar?

  5. #485
    LVL 7 Master Mew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Nugget Bridge
    Posts
    4,069
    Blog Entries
    109

    Default Re: Bionicle Mask of Mafia-Day 6- Water gets weaker (01/28/13)

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Blueberry View Post
    We're more likely to vote someone who's been active in the thread - but for example, nobody's been talking about Greece or Fynx specifically as a vote target. Wouldn't it be more safe to convert people who don't post very often - and thus, can easily escape the radar?
    Um... what?

    So now, not only are we assuming that the Mafia will make sub-optimal choices, but the Town will as well? Why would we lynch people for being active? Activity is, in that broad sense, distinctly pro-town, while inactivity is anti-town. Can you name one person we have lynched so far because they were too active?

    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1198-0821

  6. #486
    Hyping over Steven Stone Kyriaki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Hoenn
    Posts
    7,313
    Blog Entries
    408

    Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

    Default Re: Bionicle Mask of Mafia-Day 6- Water gets weaker (01/28/13)

    Quote Originally Posted by Master Mew View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Blueberry View Post
    We're more likely to vote someone who's been active in the thread - but for example, nobody's been talking about Greece or Fynx specifically as a vote target. Wouldn't it be more safe to convert people who don't post very often - and thus, can easily escape the radar?
    Um... what?

    So now, not only are we assuming that the Mafia will make sub-optimal choices, but the Town will as well? Why would we lynch people for being active? Activity is, in that broad sense, distinctly pro-town, while inactivity is anti-town. Can you name one person we have lynched so far because they were too active?
    I didn't say we would go and lynch people who are active. We're more likely to choose people who are active as a vote candidate because they have been posting a lot, and thus have more details to be observed. I have been told by several mafia players that "inactivity is not a scum-tell", and that people won't go killing off people who don't post very often. Midorikawa had been posting fairly frequently, thus enabling players to analyze her posts more. However, can you get any reads from my posts? Or maybe Fynx's? Few posts tell us less info - and make it difficult to outright choose someone as a lynch target. My Spy-ish PMs indeed had caused people to be suspicious of me - but before I even did that, nobody was paying attention to me - and I was well out of anyone's radar. Mafias have to outnumber the town and they have to keep theirselves a secret - so I assume they'd choose to convert someone who doesn't draw too much attention to themselves - thus, the ones who don't post often, imo

  7. #487
    LVL 7 Master Mew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Nugget Bridge
    Posts
    4,069
    Blog Entries
    109

    Default Re: Bionicle Mask of Mafia-Day 6- Water gets weaker (01/28/13)

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Blueberry View Post

    I didn't say we would go and lynch people who are active. We're more likely to choose people who are active as a vote candidate because they have been posting a lot, and thus have more details to be observed. I have been told by several mafia players that "inactivity is not a scum-tell", and that people won't go killing off people who don't post very often. Midorikawa had been posting fairly frequently, thus enabling players to analyze her posts more. However, can you get any reads from my posts? Or maybe Fynx's? Few posts tell us less info - and make it difficult to outright choose someone as a lynch target. My Spy-ish PMs indeed had caused people to be suspicious of me - but before I even did that, nobody was paying attention to me - and I was well out of anyone's radar. Mafias have to outnumber the town and they have to keep theirselves a secret - so I assume they'd choose to convert someone who doesn't draw too much attention to themselves - thus, the ones who don't post often, imo
    I see where you're coming from, but the problem with this logic is that when someone posts more, and we are able to better analyze their posts, we don't always find them scummy. When someone is quiet, we aren't able to pick up as many scumtells from them, in this sense you are correct, but we aren't able to pick up any towntells from their posts, either.

    You also seem to have misunderstood me. I didn't say not posting was scummy, but it is definitely anti-town. When no better options present themselves, anti-town players are nearly insta-lynches, certainly better targets than active players who are actually trying to help their faction.

    At the end of the day, not posting isn't a "scumtell," but it's anti-town and if no one looks scummier it's always safer to lynch an anti-town player than a pro-town player - anti-town players aren't helping the Town find scum anyway, so it's a very low-risk, high-reward maneuver.

    All that to say that no, I do not agree with your premise that active players are more likely to be lynched - partly because of everything I just said, but mostly because from experience, it just isn't the case.

    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1198-0821

  8. #488
    Hyping over Steven Stone Kyriaki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Hoenn
    Posts
    7,313
    Blog Entries
    408

    Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

    Default Re: Bionicle Mask of Mafia-Day 6- Water gets weaker (01/28/13)

    @Master Mew; Still, what makes you sure FA would've chosen Human? I can't say it's wrong - but I have to say Human is a little too predictable as a convert target. I really don't think FA would've chosen to convert someone too obvious.

    FoS: Fynx @Fynx; Where are you XDD We need a lot of help from people here. While you could've been converted as well, I want to ask your opinion on the situation.

  9. #489
    LVL 7 Master Mew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Nugget Bridge
    Posts
    4,069
    Blog Entries
    109

    Default Re: Bionicle Mask of Mafia-Day 6- Water gets weaker (01/28/13)

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Blueberry View Post
    @Master Mew; Still, what makes you sure FA would've chosen Human? I can't say it's wrong - but I have to say Human is a little too predictable as a convert target. I really don't think FA would've chosen to convert someone too obvious.
    Well, again you're WIFOMing here - take a look at your argument, you literally just said that Human is an unlikely choice because he's such a likely choice.

    That aside, I'd take a look at that last nightkill, as well.

    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1198-0821

  10. #490
    Hyping over Steven Stone Kyriaki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Hoenn
    Posts
    7,313
    Blog Entries
    408

    Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

    Default Re: Bionicle Mask of Mafia-Day 6- Water gets weaker (01/28/13)

    Quote Originally Posted by Master Mew View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Blueberry View Post
    @Master Mew; Still, what makes you sure FA would've chosen Human? I can't say it's wrong - but I have to say Human is a little too predictable as a convert target. I really don't think FA would've chosen to convert someone too obvious.
    Well, again you're WIFOMing here - take a look at your argument, you literally just said that Human is an unlikely choice because he's such a likely choice.

    That aside, I'd take a look at that last nightkill, as well.
    I know the logic sounds weird but that's what I really think XDD

  11. #491
    LVL 7 Master Mew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Nugget Bridge
    Posts
    4,069
    Blog Entries
    109

    Default Re: Bionicle Mask of Mafia-Day 6- Water gets weaker (01/28/13)

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Blueberry View Post
    I know the logic sounds weird but that's what I really think XDD
    As long as we can agree that Human is the most likely choice, you can WIFOM to your heart's content. :3

    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1198-0821

  12. #492
    Justice HumanDawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Another Plane
    Posts
    1,138
    Blog Entries
    21

    Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

    Default Re: Bionicle Mask of Mafia-Day 6- Water gets weaker (01/28/13)

    I have claims of a back up cop, a spy, a forensic investigator, 2 flavor cops, and none of them died, instead Buoy. Strangely enough I told the Spy to spy on him. I'm waiting on the back up cop for the result on who I think was converted. They aren't clear, but I'll trust them for now.

    Quote Originally Posted by Master Mew View Post
    That aside, I'd take a look at that last nightkill, as well.
    Buoy died. So what?

  13. #493
    LVL 7 Master Mew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Nugget Bridge
    Posts
    4,069
    Blog Entries
    109

    Default Re: Bionicle Mask of Mafia-Day 6- Water gets weaker (01/28/13)

    Quote Originally Posted by HumanDawn View Post
    I have claims of a back up cop, a spy, a forensic investigator, 2 flavor cops, and none of them died, instead Buoy. Strangely enough I told the Spy to spy on him. I'm waiting on the back up cop for the result on who I think was converted. They aren't clear, but I'll trust them for now.
    Of course not - why kill them when you could manipulate the network of Town Power Roles you built up as a Townie?

    Quote Originally Posted by HumanDawn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Mew View Post
    That aside, I'd take a look at that last nightkill, as well.
    Buoy died. So what?
    Buoy was facing scrutiny in the previous Phase - he was a potential mislynch. It can therefore be reasonably concluded that he was not killed for his towncred. If the Mafia had been killing for Towncred, there were better choices available (you, for instance).

    If not for towncred, then what was he killed for? A namekill, perhaps? Now who do I know who enjoys namekilling Buoy...?

    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1198-0821

  14. #494
    the bug catcher pokémon Buoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    olivine city, johto.
    Posts
    2,105
    Blog Entries
    12

    Default Re: Bionicle Mask of Mafia-Day 6- Water gets weaker (01/28/13)

    why would u even namekill me tho :<

    good luck, town. thanks for letting me sub in, neon.

  15. #495
    Justice HumanDawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Another Plane
    Posts
    1,138
    Blog Entries
    21

    Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

    Default Re: Bionicle Mask of Mafia-Day 6- Water gets weaker (01/28/13)

    Quote Originally Posted by Master Mew View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HumanDawn View Post
    I have claims of a back up cop, a spy, a forensic investigator, 2 flavor cops, and none of them died, instead Buoy. Strangely enough I told the Spy to spy on him. I'm waiting on the back up cop for the result on who I think was converted. They aren't clear, but I'll trust them for now.
    Of course not - why kill them when you could manipulate the network of Town Power Roles you built up as a Townie?

    Quote Originally Posted by HumanDawn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Mew View Post
    That aside, I'd take a look at that last nightkill, as well.
    Buoy died. So what?
    Buoy was facing scrutiny in the previous Phase - he was a potential mislynch. It can therefore be reasonably concluded that he was not killed for his towncred. If the Mafia had been killing for Towncred, there were better choices available (you, for instance).

    If not for towncred, then what was he killed for? A namekill, perhaps? Now who do I know who enjoys namekilling Buoy...?
    Your case against me is twisted into making it have sense for me to be converted. You aren't considering the other possibilities, like maybe killing Buoy was a framing attempt. You're an even more likely convert target, because you have abilities that you didn't use before(maybe they rolecop checked you and saw your 1x vig ;) ), and was the one that led the lynch on Midorikawa. The Convert was set in the Night Phase, before I led the lynch on FinalArcadia. Now why would the Mafia convert me when I protected Midorikawa the most? There's WIFOM, sure, but it's legitimate. I'm not a good choice to Nightkill either, because I could be easily framed like I'm being right now, and I'm a vanilla too. Wouldn't getting the Spy, the more threatening role, be more beneficial instead of somebody who is powerless?

Page 33 of 43 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •