Mafia: BIBLE MAFIA ✦ 5/20/13 ✦ The End Hath Come - Page 8

Page 8 of 47 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: BIBLE MAFIA ✦ 5/20/13 ✦ The End Hath Come

Blog Entries

Default Re: BIBLE MAFIA ✦ 4/13/13 ✦ The First Day

Unvote: GliscorMan

I am unsure as to who to vote at the moment, so I'm not voting at this moment in time.

shhhhh.
    Blog Entries

Follow Parma on Tumblr

confirmed
    the vile, wandering one sneaks up

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yatagarasu View Post
    @Foulcandy; There are two votes on you, and Gengar asked you a question that you failed to answer. Instead you just replied to Mijz's comment and voted him.
    you're right. I ignored him because once you say you're voting to put pressure on someone, somehow, that pressure disappears
    My life is a nightmare

I Live In The War Room GengarWithSunglasses's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FinalArcadia View Post
    UNVOTE: Pokemad

I was looking for a contradiction in that answer, but you didn't give one, so I'd rather change my vote to:

VOTE: GengarWithSunglasses

The asking for claims from others is odd, but not enough for a vote. However, this...

Quote Originally Posted by GengarWithSunglasses
    True, anyone want to name claim or role claim? I can if you want.
    That seems too eager to want to claim himself, especially on Day 1. He was under no suspicion, and he didn't have any votes on him to warrant needing to clear himself with a potentially dangerous action like that, so it makes me wonder if he's got a fakeclaim planned out that he wanted to use to gain town-cred early.

I'm just adding pressure here to get a reaction.
    As GliscorMan said, tying up the votes doesn't exactly put any pressure on somebody to answer or give a reaction. So this action seems contradictory to what he claimed its purpose was.
    Sorry about that, I didn't notice I was tying up the votes. I was just trying to see what Foulcandy's whole view on the current matter was. I'm still waiting for a direct answer from @Foulcandy though. Also about the name claim thing, the reason I was kind of eager to clear my suspicion without too many people saying: "Maybe it's GWS." or anything like that. Anyway, I guess it was pretty strange to ask for claims though. Also I doubt I could fake a name and role considering my lack of knowledge of the Bible. I know there's the internet for my aid, but a fake name claim by me would probably contain many contradictions that are easy to spot. You did have good reason to vote me though, so I compliment you for that. Now I know, always check the current vote tally before voting. 2 more votes needed and 10 people who haven't voted yet, so let's see what the others think and who they vote.

Super Moderator Paperhorse's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Paperhorse on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Spectrum Achromatic View Post
    It's Day 1.
    I would prefer you move past the it's day 1 argument and just post like it's any other day I think that would be better.

Quote Originally Posted by Yatagarasu View Post
    Voting no lynch won't get us anywhere right now unless we discuss stuff first. If we go for no lynch then we give the mafia a free night kill and get no information from it. Cautiousness is good but rushing the end of the phase won't do any good yet I see a lot of no lynches being voted.
    I agree with what you are saying here and I think others should too.

If everyone was just to vote no lynch, though, there wouldn't be much to go off of in analyzing the potential motives behind a night kill. So we'd pretty much be right back to where we started today, which is nowhere. Getting some votes out at least generates some posts and activity to work with.

VOTE: Pokemad

for voting Buoy for voting Spec for voting Flame.
    Implying that voting Flame_ is definitely bad from that chain? Kind of an odd joke vote, if that's what it is.

@Pokémad
    What is your opinion on the debate between Day 1 lynches and no-lynches right now?
    Again, I agree about the no lynch thing, but I think you have a weak case here. Honestly, I don't see it as odd. But I'm glad you asked him a question because:

UNVOTE: Pokemad

I was looking for a contradiction in that answer, but you didn't give one, so I'd rather change my vote to:

VOTE: GengarWithSunglasses

The asking for claims from others is odd, but not enough for a vote. However, this...

True, anyone want to name claim or role claim? I can if you want.
    That seems too eager to want to claim himself, especially on Day 1. He was under no suspicion, and he didn't have any votes on him to warrant needing to clear himself with a potentially dangerous action like that, so it makes me wonder if he's got a fakeclaim planned out that he wanted to use to gain town-cred early.

I'm just adding pressure here to get a reaction.
    As GliscorMan said, tying up the votes doesn't exactly put any pressure on somebody to answer or give a reaction. So this action seems contradictory to what he claimed its purpose was.
    ...you are actively scumhunting here.

Now, I'm not completely sold on the fact that just because GWS wanted to nameclaim early means he is scum. But I think you are building up to a good argument. I want to see his response to this though.

EDIT: Ninja'd lol.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

@Paperhorse; The phase title says Day 1 XDD

I'm a servant of the lord Midorikawa's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Spectrum Achromatic View Post
    @Paperhorse; The phase title says Day 1 XDD
    She means that we should not treat it as a joke and should treat it as we would any phase

Super Moderator Paperhorse's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Paperhorse on Tumblr

@FinalArcadia; What do you think of GengarWithSunglasses's response?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by harryheart View Post
    This phase has only one requirement to end if I remember correctly and that is 12 votes on one person... ( correct me if I'm wrong @Master Mew; )

And I was just wondering what sort of characters may well be used as Mafia:

- Satan/The Devil
    - Judas
    - The Pharisees

But I'm not sure how that may actually play out in the way they behave or what features their characters may have.
    Guessing about roles is a bit less than helpful right now. Would you mind contributing to the situation at hand? What do you think of what has happened so far?

Also @Momoka; and @Druddigon; it'd be nice to hear from you both as well.

Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

Not sure what to say, I just got caught back up. The whole GWS situation does seem a tad sketchy, claiming on Day 1 for instance isn't the smartest deal imo and I'm against it. Does come off as scummy, though he could always just be confused for all we know. Though if you guys are advocating for a D1 lynch so badly, he doesn't seem like a bad target at all and I wouldn't be against it. After all he has made a questionable move on day 1 of all things. I'm gonna hold my voice off for just a little while longer and let GWS weigh in a little longer. If GWS case just doesn't convince me I'll jump on board for lynching him. I'm not ruling out he might have just been confused though.

@GengarWithSunglasses; Could you present your case again, a little bit more clearer though.

Blog Entries

Follow FinalArcadia on Tumblr Visit FinalArcadia's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Paperhorse View Post
    @FinalArcadia; What do you think of GengarWithSunglasses's response?
    I'm somewhat torn about his response. On one hand, as somebody who also doesn't have a lot of knowledge about The Bible, I do think it would be difficult for one to come up with a fakeclaim like that. However, mafia have allies that can aid in such matters, so I'm not willing to discount the possibility just yet.

At the moment, I'm keeping my vote on GengarWithSunglasses because his actions still strike me as the most potentially scummy, but I do agree with him in wanting to hear something more substantial from Sourcandy. Mainly because there has actually been some decent discussion this phase, so it is not as though we'd have be shooting blindly in the dark with a Day 1 lynch, so her wanting to not lynch this phase seems counterproductive to me.

I wasn't able to properly read through the thread before to form an opinion on anything, but I've done so now. Right now I'm just getting some 'suspicious' reads on GengarWithSunglasses.

True, even though we have a greater chance of lynching a townie, there's also a chance of lynching a mafioso and we get more information. It would really be a hindrance to have day 2 be just like day 1 with no information. I honestly don't know where I stand in this dispute. I guess I'll keep my vote as no lynch though until later.
    You seem to be staying pretty neutral on anything, which is easy for mafia to do, since they won't be in deep water if they lynch someone who's town. But, this statement is also contracting since,

Vote: Foulcandy, Unvote: No lynch

I'm just adding pressure here to get a reaction. What's your opinion on the current situation and what do you believe we should do next?
    I don't understand why pressure needed to be added in the first place, but what I find suspicious about this is the way you went against what you had said earlier, just to add some 'pressure'.

Blog Entries

Follow FinalArcadia on Tumblr Visit FinalArcadia's Youtube Channel

@Fushimi

That's pretty much a repeat of what I had already said.

Being that it's apparently not enough for you to actually place a vote on GengarWithSunglasses, do you have any other thoughts from recent goings-on in-thread?

@Fushimi

That's pretty much a repeat of what I had already said.

Being that it's apparently not enough for you to actually place a vote on GengarWithSunglasses, do you have any other thoughts from recent goings-on in-thread?
    Yeah sorry, I kinda realized that afterward.

It's suspicious, but I don't think enough to warrant a vote yet. It's not as if I'm not going to, I want to see what he has to say more. I already said I didn't find anything else worthy to mention(well, something along the lines of that); I haven't noticed anything else yet (although I'll look back again).

I Live In The War Room GengarWithSunglasses's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fushimi View Post
    I wasn't able to properly read through the thread before to form an opinion on anything, but I've done so now. Right now I'm just getting some 'suspicious' reads on GengarWithSunglasses.

True, even though we have a greater chance of lynching a townie, there's also a chance of lynching a mafioso and we get more information. It would really be a hindrance to have day 2 be just like day 1 with no information. I honestly don't know where I stand in this dispute. I guess I'll keep my vote as no lynch though until later.
    You seem to be staying pretty neutral on anything, which is easy for mafia to do, since they won't be in deep water if they lynch someone who's town. But, this statement is also contracting since,

Vote: Foulcandy, Unvote: No lynch

I'm just adding pressure here to get a reaction. What's your opinion on the current situation and what do you believe we should do next?
    I don't understand why pressure needed to be added in the first place, but what I find suspicious about this is the way you went against what you had said earlier, just to add some 'pressure'.
    Like I said at the end of the first post, I don't know where I stand in this matter. At that point of time, I changed my mind again. Siding with the pro-day 1 lynch side. I'm still not completely sure where I stand. I guess I'm a little bit edged towards day 1 lynches seeing it from a different perspective than that other time. I decided to get a response out of someone to kind of stay active and get some information for discussion. Technically that wasn't a contradiction, because I never stated to support a certain side to an extreme. I decided to vote no lynch until I saw reason to change it and I found reason to vote Foulcandy. I voted her to hear her perspective on the situation. To be honest, after I posted my vote, I thought to myself that I didn't really have to vote or add pressure, but I decided to just keep it so it wouldn't seem awkward to randomly keep changing my view and publicizing it. Well, I guess I'll keep my vote on Foulcandy until I see reason to. I might change it after 3 or more people vote to avoid a tie (even though I accidentally tied it up anyway) or to vote for someone who I actually deem scummy.

Page 8 of 47 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast