Mafia: BIBLE MAFIA ✦ 5/20/13 ✦ The End Hath Come - Page 8

Page 8 of 47 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 705
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: BIBLE MAFIA ✦ 5/20/13 ✦ The End Hath Come

  1. #106
    Yo what's up? Pokémad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,504
    Blog Entries
    34

    Default Re: BIBLE MAFIA ✦ 4/13/13 ✦ The First Day

    Unvote: GliscorMan

    I am unsure as to who to vote at the moment, so I'm not voting at this moment in time.

  2. #107
    shhhhh.
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Linfa's throne
    Posts
    6,612
    Blog Entries
    40

    Follow Parma on Tumblr

    Default Re: BIBLE MAFIA ✦ 4/13/13 ✦ The First Day

    confirmed
    the vile, wandering one sneaks up

  3. #108
    Registered User Pariah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    1,246
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: BIBLE MAFIA ✦ 4/13/13 ✦ The First Day

    Quote Originally Posted by Yatagarasu View Post
    @Foulcandy; There are two votes on you, and Gengar asked you a question that you failed to answer. Instead you just replied to Mijz's comment and voted him.
    you're right. I ignored him because once you say you're voting to put pressure on someone, somehow, that pressure disappears
    My life is a nightmare

  4. #109
    I Live In The War Room GengarWithSunglasses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Lavender Town
    Posts
    17

    Default Re: BIBLE MAFIA ✦ 4/13/13 ✦ The First Day

    Quote Originally Posted by FinalArcadia View Post
    UNVOTE: Pokemad

    I was looking for a contradiction in that answer, but you didn't give one, so I'd rather change my vote to:

    VOTE: GengarWithSunglasses

    The asking for claims from others is odd, but not enough for a vote. However, this...

    Quote Originally Posted by GengarWithSunglasses
    True, anyone want to name claim or role claim? I can if you want.
    That seems too eager to want to claim himself, especially on Day 1. He was under no suspicion, and he didn't have any votes on him to warrant needing to clear himself with a potentially dangerous action like that, so it makes me wonder if he's got a fakeclaim planned out that he wanted to use to gain town-cred early.

    I'm just adding pressure here to get a reaction.
    As GliscorMan said, tying up the votes doesn't exactly put any pressure on somebody to answer or give a reaction. So this action seems contradictory to what he claimed its purpose was.
    Sorry about that, I didn't notice I was tying up the votes. I was just trying to see what Foulcandy's whole view on the current matter was. I'm still waiting for a direct answer from @Foulcandy though. Also about the name claim thing, the reason I was kind of eager to clear my suspicion without too many people saying: "Maybe it's GWS." or anything like that. Anyway, I guess it was pretty strange to ask for claims though. Also I doubt I could fake a name and role considering my lack of knowledge of the Bible. I know there's the internet for my aid, but a fake name claim by me would probably contain many contradictions that are easy to spot. You did have good reason to vote me though, so I compliment you for that. Now I know, always check the current vote tally before voting. 2 more votes needed and 10 people who haven't voted yet, so let's see what the others think and who they vote.

  5. #110
    Super Moderator Paperhorse's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,260
    Blog Entries
    18

    Follow Paperhorse on Tumblr

    Default Re: BIBLE MAFIA ✦ 4/13/13 ✦ The First Day

    Quote Originally Posted by Spectrum Achromatic View Post
    It's Day 1.
    I would prefer you move past the it's day 1 argument and just post like it's any other day I think that would be better.

    Quote Originally Posted by Yatagarasu View Post
    Voting no lynch won't get us anywhere right now unless we discuss stuff first. If we go for no lynch then we give the mafia a free night kill and get no information from it. Cautiousness is good but rushing the end of the phase won't do any good yet I see a lot of no lynches being voted.
    I agree with what you are saying here and I think others should too.

    Quote Originally Posted by FinalArcadia View Post
    If everyone was just to vote no lynch, though, there wouldn't be much to go off of in analyzing the potential motives behind a night kill. So we'd pretty much be right back to where we started today, which is nowhere. Getting some votes out at least generates some posts and activity to work with.

    VOTE: Pokemad

    for voting Buoy for voting Spec for voting Flame.
    Implying that voting Flame_ is definitely bad from that chain? Kind of an odd joke vote, if that's what it is.

    @Pokémad
    What is your opinion on the debate between Day 1 lynches and no-lynches right now?
    Again, I agree about the no lynch thing, but I think you have a weak case here. Honestly, I don't see it as odd. But I'm glad you asked him a question because:

    Quote Originally Posted by FinalArcadia View Post
    UNVOTE: Pokemad

    I was looking for a contradiction in that answer, but you didn't give one, so I'd rather change my vote to:

    VOTE: GengarWithSunglasses

    The asking for claims from others is odd, but not enough for a vote. However, this...

    Quote Originally Posted by GengarWithSunglasses
    True, anyone want to name claim or role claim? I can if you want.
    That seems too eager to want to claim himself, especially on Day 1. He was under no suspicion, and he didn't have any votes on him to warrant needing to clear himself with a potentially dangerous action like that, so it makes me wonder if he's got a fakeclaim planned out that he wanted to use to gain town-cred early.

    I'm just adding pressure here to get a reaction.
    As GliscorMan said, tying up the votes doesn't exactly put any pressure on somebody to answer or give a reaction. So this action seems contradictory to what he claimed its purpose was.
    ...you are actively scumhunting here.

    Now, I'm not completely sold on the fact that just because GWS wanted to nameclaim early means he is scum. But I think you are building up to a good argument. I want to see his response to this though.

    EDIT: Ninja'd lol.

  6. #111
    Face of mercy? NOPE Yato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Anywhere
    Posts
    6,664
    Blog Entries
    435

    Follow Yato on Tumblr

    Default Re: BIBLE MAFIA ✦ 4/13/13 ✦ The First Day

    @Paperhorse; The phase title says Day 1 XDD

  7. #112
    I'm a servant of the lord Midorikawa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    In fields of grey
    Posts
    10,564
    Blog Entries
    18

    Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: BIBLE MAFIA ✦ 4/13/13 ✦ The First Day

    Quote Originally Posted by Spectrum Achromatic View Post
    @Paperhorse; The phase title says Day 1 XDD
    She means that we should not treat it as a joke and should treat it as we would any phase

  8. #113
    Super Moderator Paperhorse's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,260
    Blog Entries
    18

    Follow Paperhorse on Tumblr

    Default Re: BIBLE MAFIA ✦ 4/13/13 ✦ The First Day

    @FinalArcadia; What do you think of GengarWithSunglasses's response?

  9. #114
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    902
    Blog Entries
    25

    Default Re: BIBLE MAFIA ✦ 4/13/13 ✦ The First Day

    Quote Originally Posted by harryheart View Post
    This phase has only one requirement to end if I remember correctly and that is 12 votes on one person... ( correct me if I'm wrong @Master Mew; )

    And I was just wondering what sort of characters may well be used as Mafia:

    - Satan/The Devil
    - Judas
    - The Pharisees

    But I'm not sure how that may actually play out in the way they behave or what features their characters may have.
    Guessing about roles is a bit less than helpful right now. Would you mind contributing to the situation at hand? What do you think of what has happened so far?

    Also @Momoka; and @Druddigon; it'd be nice to hear from you both as well.

  10. #115
    Christmas Bubble Frog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Unova
    Posts
    4,508
    Blog Entries
    185

    Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

    Default Re: BIBLE MAFIA ✦ 4/13/13 ✦ The First Day

    Not sure what to say, I just got caught back up. The whole GWS situation does seem a tad sketchy, claiming on Day 1 for instance isn't the smartest deal imo and I'm against it. Does come off as scummy, though he could always just be confused for all we know. Though if you guys are advocating for a D1 lynch so badly, he doesn't seem like a bad target at all and I wouldn't be against it. After all he has made a questionable move on day 1 of all things. I'm gonna hold my voice off for just a little while longer and let GWS weigh in a little longer. If GWS case just doesn't convince me I'll jump on board for lynching him. I'm not ruling out he might have just been confused though.


    @GengarWithSunglasses; Could you present your case again, a little bit more clearer though.

  11. #116
    Prince of Renais FinalArcadia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Preparing for battle
    Posts
    2,744
    Blog Entries
    51

    Follow FinalArcadia on Tumblr Visit FinalArcadia's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: BIBLE MAFIA ✦ 4/13/13 ✦ The First Day

    Quote Originally Posted by Paperhorse View Post
    @FinalArcadia; What do you think of GengarWithSunglasses's response?
    I'm somewhat torn about his response. On one hand, as somebody who also doesn't have a lot of knowledge about The Bible, I do think it would be difficult for one to come up with a fakeclaim like that. However, mafia have allies that can aid in such matters, so I'm not willing to discount the possibility just yet.

    At the moment, I'm keeping my vote on GengarWithSunglasses because his actions still strike me as the most potentially scummy, but I do agree with him in wanting to hear something more substantial from Sourcandy. Mainly because there has actually been some decent discussion this phase, so it is not as though we'd have be shooting blindly in the dark with a Day 1 lynch, so her wanting to not lynch this phase seems counterproductive to me.

  12. #117
    king of hearts Squall Leonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    Genderless
    Location
    balamb garden
    Posts
    1,717

    Default Re: BIBLE MAFIA ✦ 4/13/13 ✦ The First Day

    I wasn't able to properly read through the thread before to form an opinion on anything, but I've done so now. Right now I'm just getting some 'suspicious' reads on GengarWithSunglasses.

    Quote Originally Posted by GengarWithSunglasses
    True, even though we have a greater chance of lynching a townie, there's also a chance of lynching a mafioso and we get more information. It would really be a hindrance to have day 2 be just like day 1 with no information. I honestly don't know where I stand in this dispute. I guess I'll keep my vote as no lynch though until later.
    You seem to be staying pretty neutral on anything, which is easy for mafia to do, since they won't be in deep water if they lynch someone who's town. But, this statement is also contracting since,

    Vote: Foulcandy, Unvote: No lynch

    I'm just adding pressure here to get a reaction. What's your opinion on the current situation and what do you believe we should do next?
    I don't understand why pressure needed to be added in the first place, but what I find suspicious about this is the way you went against what you had said earlier, just to add some 'pressure'.

  13. #118
    Prince of Renais FinalArcadia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Preparing for battle
    Posts
    2,744
    Blog Entries
    51

    Follow FinalArcadia on Tumblr Visit FinalArcadia's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: BIBLE MAFIA ✦ 4/13/13 ✦ The First Day

    @Fushimi

    That's pretty much a repeat of what I had already said.

    Being that it's apparently not enough for you to actually place a vote on GengarWithSunglasses, do you have any other thoughts from recent goings-on in-thread?

  14. #119
    king of hearts Squall Leonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    Genderless
    Location
    balamb garden
    Posts
    1,717

    Default Re: BIBLE MAFIA ✦ 4/13/13 ✦ The First Day

    Quote Originally Posted by FinalArcadia View Post
    @Fushimi

    That's pretty much a repeat of what I had already said.

    Being that it's apparently not enough for you to actually place a vote on GengarWithSunglasses, do you have any other thoughts from recent goings-on in-thread?
    Yeah sorry, I kinda realized that afterward.

    It's suspicious, but I don't think enough to warrant a vote yet. It's not as if I'm not going to, I want to see what he has to say more. I already said I didn't find anything else worthy to mention(well, something along the lines of that); I haven't noticed anything else yet (although I'll look back again).

  15. #120
    I Live In The War Room GengarWithSunglasses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Lavender Town
    Posts
    17

    Default Re: BIBLE MAFIA ✦ 4/13/13 ✦ The First Day

    Quote Originally Posted by Fushimi View Post
    I wasn't able to properly read through the thread before to form an opinion on anything, but I've done so now. Right now I'm just getting some 'suspicious' reads on GengarWithSunglasses.

    Quote Originally Posted by GengarWithSunglasses
    True, even though we have a greater chance of lynching a townie, there's also a chance of lynching a mafioso and we get more information. It would really be a hindrance to have day 2 be just like day 1 with no information. I honestly don't know where I stand in this dispute. I guess I'll keep my vote as no lynch though until later.
    You seem to be staying pretty neutral on anything, which is easy for mafia to do, since they won't be in deep water if they lynch someone who's town. But, this statement is also contracting since,

    Vote: Foulcandy, Unvote: No lynch

    I'm just adding pressure here to get a reaction. What's your opinion on the current situation and what do you believe we should do next?
    I don't understand why pressure needed to be added in the first place, but what I find suspicious about this is the way you went against what you had said earlier, just to add some 'pressure'.
    Like I said at the end of the first post, I don't know where I stand in this matter. At that point of time, I changed my mind again. Siding with the pro-day 1 lynch side. I'm still not completely sure where I stand. I guess I'm a little bit edged towards day 1 lynches seeing it from a different perspective than that other time. I decided to get a response out of someone to kind of stay active and get some information for discussion. Technically that wasn't a contradiction, because I never stated to support a certain side to an extreme. I decided to vote no lynch until I saw reason to change it and I found reason to vote Foulcandy. I voted her to hear her perspective on the situation. To be honest, after I posted my vote, I thought to myself that I didn't really have to vote or add pressure, but I decided to just keep it so it wouldn't seem awkward to randomly keep changing my view and publicizing it. Well, I guess I'll keep my vote on Foulcandy until I see reason to. I might change it after 3 or more people vote to avoid a tie (even though I accidentally tied it up anyway) or to vote for someone who I actually deem scummy.

Page 8 of 47 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •