Mafia: The Battle for White Forest - GAME OVER; MAFIA WIN! - {9/7/11} - Page 8

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: The Battle for White Forest - GAME OVER; MAFIA WIN! - {9/7/11}

Blog Entries

Default Re: The Battle for White Forest - GAME OVER; MAFIA WIN! - {9/7/11}

A few rookie host mistakes were made.

For one, mafia games really should have subs instead of hostkilling anyone who can't play. This directly harms factions and leads to the downfall of village or mafia. Secondly, a couple of roles were better suited to a larger mafia, such as lovers (if one dies the other does too) which usually spells the downfall of village in the midgame on death.

On mafia factions, Beheeyem is a highly broken role for such a small game. Having the power to shed a veil of scum over an innocent works best in a large game, but in a small game it's akin to having 2 mafia killers active. Zoroark is the same deal and would have been better as a neutral role with a 2 day conversion who wins if his side attains numerical superiority, rather tthan another means of expanding an already broken mafia.

In terms of village roles, I'll say my role is a highly risky one, and that it would have worked better if the lynchee was allowed to kill someone on being lynched rather than having a small chance of killing someone who was likely village.

In the future, your mafia roles should consist of a few basic ones in a small game, while larger ones can have a couple more complex roles, and ensure you have a couple of subs before starting the game so if a player has to drop out, you have someone to take their place instead of crippling one side.

MFW ponies

Fishy Bubbles

Well, at least it's over. The reason I've been inactive for the last days was mainly because I don't know what to post, though. I don't know why a mass modkill was necessary, but at least it's over now like I said before.

But seriously, this game could be better without those percentages and chances. That made the game much more complicated than it should've been.

Blog Entries

Okay, thanks for the tips, @Otis Bond. I've played some Mafia games in the past, but this is the first one I've hosted. I'm still learning. :P

And @Travalgar, that wasn't a mass modkill, that was just the epilogue flavor text. I apologize if it got too complicated and boring.

Thanks to Genbeeb for the awesome avvie and banner! Check out her shop here!
    FORMERLY MAGICZOROARK | Visit my deviantArt account and support my Fakemon project!
    My Blog | Farfetch'd Fan Club | I have claimed Arena Tycoon Greta, Early Bird, Shadow Claw, and Mandibuzz!

Some say I'm part opossum Opossumguy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well, I managed to miss the entire game due to power outages and school.Oh well, good game I think?
    I love opossums. They shall rule the world. Oh, and I should be more active now.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678