Non-Mafia: Avatar: War of the Four Nations > The Air Nomads & Soulmaster Won - Page 21

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: Avatar: War of the Four Nations > The Air Nomads & Soulmaster Won

追放されたバカ

Default Re: Avatar: War of the Four Nations > The Air Nomads & Soulmaster Won

I was a sub, and even though I didn't do much, I still enjoyed this game very much! Thanks for letting me sub/play JJM, and for being an awesome host! I love the style of this game, and hopefully you'll be hosting more games. Moving on...

Congratulations Air! Really, amazing job you guys! Everyone else did a good job too. X3
    Last edited by Faerie; 15th December 2012 at 01:40 PM.
    J J M likes this.

cheese! Insanish Danish's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Insanish Danish on Tumblr

I had a lot of fun playing this game. Thanks for hosting @J J M; and congratulations to the winners!
    back to being a non-edible pastry

Yay, we won! Great game everybody! Thanks for letting me play JJM~

Blog Entries

Great job guys! Everyone did an great job! And great job J J M of hosting! This was a great game! A bit hectic with all the random vote bandwagons, but still a great game, and a lot of fun to play!

Aaaand.... For one last time:

Follow Momoka on Tumblr

Wow, it ended~? Great game, guys! Congrats air and Soulmaster!

all my life I've tried to hide what history has given me

Goodbye friends, I'll miss you all <3
    Blog Entries

Thanks again for letting me play J J M! I had a lot of fun, and it was really clever how you incorporated the Avatar cycle into the game.

Congratulations Air Nomads and Soulmaster, and great game everyone :)

Super Moderator Paperhorse's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Paperhorse on Tumblr

Congrats Air!

I had a lot of fun, thank you for letting me play JJM :)

remember me jda95's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow jda95 on Tumblr

Air Nomads represent! :')

Good game guys, thanks JJM for letting me play!

Blog Entries

Congratulations, Air! :D I'll be honest, I was pretty disappointed to see that FinalArcadia betrayed the Earth Kingdom and switch her loyalties because I thought Earth would win, but other than that, the game was a lot of fun. Thanks for letting us play, J J M. :D

Blog Entries

@J J M Thanks for hosting!

This was a fun game.

Quote Originally Posted by J J M View Post
    So opinions on the game? Was this type of game format fun and engaging or did it have shortcomings?
    Yes. :p

It was fun and engaging, however I do think it had one shortcoming: The first 3/4 of the game were more about racing to post first after the update than actual strategizing. Basically, with four equal factions, at any given time three quarters of the players were acceptable lynch-targets for each of us - so the first bandwagon to start was virtually guaranteed to prevail.

I'm not honestly sure what might be the best way to remedy that, so I realize it's not particularly constructive commentary, but one way might be if we first had to find our own partners, rather than starting out knowing who they were. We were essentially all, "informed minorities," which made things a little bit chaotic. :p

It was a fun chaos, though.

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1198-0821

Blog Entries

Timeline:

Thanks guys. ^^ You all were amazing.
    It was a really close game and I honestly couldn't tell who would win (other than Fire) until FA killed Sputnik and turned the game in Air's favor.

Though the main reason a situation like that came about was because Fire was focused on a lot throughout the game. Yes, they had a Strongman kill but overall, since it's only one-use, it doesn't affect the rest of the game much. Yet everyone wanted to mess with Fire instead of concentrating on balancing out the player numbers in the other factions. That was the main downfall of almost all the factions which is why it was so unbalanced at the end with Air and Earth having 3 players and Water only 1.

The only thing that clinched Air's victory over Water and Earth at the end (and MM's exceptional influential skills before that) was jda's doublevote. Fortunately (or unfortunately for the other factions) that role never showed up whenever anyone checked him and since he was pretty inactive, no one focused on him much. These type of games mostly is just all about luck. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Master Mew View Post
    It was fun and engaging, however I do think it had one shortcoming: The first 3/4 of the game were more about racing to post first after the update than actual strategizing. Basically, with four equal factions, at any given time three quarters of the players were acceptable lynch-targets for each of us - so the first bandwagon to start was virtually guaranteed to prevail.

I'm not honestly sure what might be the best way to remedy that, so I realize it's not particularly constructive commentary, but one way might be if we first had to find our own partners, rather than starting out knowing who they were. We were essentially all, "informed minorities," which made things a little bit chaotic. :p

It was a fun chaos, though.
    True. I didn't focus much on the day phases and so most of the abilities dealt with night phases and preventing kills and very few that actually affected lynches. Should've known there would be a lot of random voting and bandwagons. :/ Your suggestion is actually pretty cool. It would prevent random voting a lot. Someone should try something similar in the future. ^^
    Last edited by J J M; 16th December 2012 at 02:17 AM.
    New Track: Going Up

Winner of the Most Creative Host, Fair Hosting & Best Mafia Series Awards for the War Room Awards 2012.

Blog Entries

I used my ability on the one night when it mattered. O_O

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021