Mafia: Avatar: The Last Airbender Mafia [Game Over] - Page 11

Page 11 of 52 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Avatar: The Last Airbender Mafia [Game Over]

The Hero You Never Needed Neonsands's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender Mafia [Day 1]

I come back from swimming to me being voted :'( Well, we seem to have no clear cut evidence towards anyone. And I believe in teamwork, so ... Uhhh ... I'll wait it out and see if we can get a general consensus before voting.

Hipsteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer Phoenicks's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I've always advocated not lynching on the first day. We have no evidence to pin anybody down (save for one cop inspection from last night, if we were lucky and finally got a cop who isn't inactive for once :P). The chance of nabbing innocents is much higher than the chance of nabbing mafiosi. (Lynching inactives isn't favorable either; they will eventually be replaced with active playersb -- and if not, they'll be eliminated entirely, requiring us to waste a vote killing somebody who would have died anyways.)

Nobody is clearly suspicious; no one vote option is favored. If 10 of you had picked to lynch "No Vote", I'd have complete freedom in how to vote. That's not the case. If voting "No Vote" is the best option, and that option has not been selected, I'm constrained from picking other options. Therefore:

Vote: No Lynch
    "The inward skies of man will accompany him across any void upon which he ventures and will be with him to the end of time." -- Loren Eiseley

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Umeko View Post
    Just don't watch the live-action movie.
    Oh goodness, no. That movie...ugh! >:P

About 1.5 hours left until the phase change...if you were saving your vote 'til last minute, now's about the time to post it!

i wANNA BE A HETALIA TOO Umeko's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Umeko On Twitter
    Follow Umeko on Tumblr Visit Umeko's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Neonsands View Post
    I come back from swimming to me being voted :'(
    I didn't vote you because I honestly think you're more suspicious than anyone else, I was looking for a reaction. XD And since I got a reaction...

unvote Neonsands
    vote no lynch

Nothing has really come up, so I guess let's go with this and see what the night brings.

The Hero You Never Needed Neonsands's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Vote No Lynch

Nothing apparent quite yet.

And that movie was terrible. It was as if M. Night only read a wikipedia plot summary. Would explain the name changes.

Blog Entries

Vote: No Lynch

Just not enough information yet.

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

im gonna Vote: No Lynch...
    too little info...

Clarion of Revelations Feliciano's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Quick IRL note: I'm going to be in the library writing a paper probably for the next several hours. If y'all somehow get it into your heads to lynch me, please do it while I'm here and able to defend myself
    ~ 3DS Friend Code: 5300-9399-4530~

Heart of Crystal - a Crystal Nuzlocke challenge story
    "He had it comin'! He had it comin'! He only had himself to blame! If you'd've been there, if you'd've seen it, I bet you you would have done the same!"

1253 Be Carpet Lane, Sandgem Town, California 76527
    Blog Entries

All right, I ended up coming home from school much later than expected, so unfortunately it looks like I won't be able to do much at this point.

##Unvote: Umeko since it was random regardless.

@mod: I'd like to propose a 24-hour extension to the day so that we can maybe get more discussion in? In my opinion, having 24 hours is way not enough time in the day for us to get a grip on things and make a logical decision. I'm personally used to 48-hour days (optimal time for discussion) and 24-hour nights (nothing goes on at night except for night actions) but I guess it's really up to the mod.

@Umeko: Why so quick to get on the defensive? It should've been obvious that I was just voting you as a discussion starter (if it wasn't, then sorry about that). Everyone knows that everybody will claim to be on town's side regardless of their true alignment, so there's really no point in saying so. Also trying to "get discussion going" without actually discussing stuff yourself is a bit meh, but that's a moot point since I did that too in my "discussion start!" post. (Of course by that point there was nothing to discuss.)

@Neonsands: Technically we aren't just "random lynching"—my example was just dropping a random vote in order to get someone to call me out or something of the sort, so that discussion could get going. Once discussion starts, then we can scour people's posts to see what appears, say, inconsistent or suspicious. Then we call them out on it, vote them, and if everyone else agrees on their suspiciousness, then they'll get lynched and we'll see our results.

Also I'm pretty sure that a nightkill on Night 0 is horribly unfair, since then they wouldn't have even had a chance of playing. That's probably why the mod decided to prevent the nightkill for the night. (That's how N0 usually is anyway—all night actions sent in except for the nightkill.)

No Lynch generally sucks on Day 1 because there's potential for us to actually have some constructive discussion and then lynch someone who's even partially scummy. Honestly, even lurkers are good lynch targets because they aren't contributing at all and so we can't even see if they're suspicious or not.

In fact, let's look at the people who haven't posted on Day 1 yet (as far as I know).

hurristat
    Pokemad
    Black and Yellow
    Coasting Wingull
    IceKyurem

You are all horrible people (I'm being facetious with the word horrible btw), please post on Day 2.

I guess we can resort to a modkill or a replacement but it takes five days for the actual opportunity to come up (that's five phases total, being daynightdaynightday or nightdaynightdaynight). Letting someone just randomly pop up on the third day is something I very much dislike.

Also just a quick votecount

Umeko (0): Solaris
    Ryuutakeshi (0): Mijzelffan, Blank Space
    Flame Alex (1): Sourcandy
    Neonsands (0): Umeko
    Shiny Celebi (1): dragonmage119
    Blank Space (1): lizzxxk

No Lynch (6) : Mijzelffan, Phoenicks, Umeko, Neonsands, Flame Alex, Shiny Celebi

All of you voting No Lynch are horrible (etc etc) because of complaining "NO INFORMATION" because nobody's producing information in the first place. :V :V :V If we do end up No Lynching because of deadline then I expect all six of you to do something important on Day 2 because by that time we will have information for you to utilize okay? Okay.

I'll try to look for something with what we have so far but given the deadline being like right now that's going to be infeasible so I'll resign myself to No Lynch. (Wish I could've come home earlier so that I could've actually made an influence QQ )

Blog Entries

Default Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender Mafia [Night 1]

Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    @mod: I'd like to propose a 24-hour extension to the day so that we can maybe get more discussion in? In my opinion, having 24 hours is way not enough time in the day for us to get a grip on things and make a logical decision. I'm personally used to 48-hour days (optimal time for discussion) and 24-hour nights (nothing goes on at night except for night actions) but I guess it's really up to the mod.
    The main reason I went against having 48 hour long day phases is because I don't want the game growing stale. And like you said, if nobody's willing to get some discussion going, I don't see any point in extending this phase. Night phases can also bring about discussion through night actions and mafia kills.

I might extend future phases if I find it necessary, but not at this current stage in the game.

~~~

Day 1 has ended, and...

It is now Night 1. Send in your night actions. The phase will change at 8:00 PM CST (2:00 AM GMT) tomorrow. Thanks!

1253 Be Carpet Lane, Sandgem Town, California 76527
    Blog Entries

Also sorry if I sound kind of pushy but it's frustrating being unable to do anything since Day is literally the only time Town can actually do anything and I'm also kind of annoyed because I came home late >:/

Anyway since we'll be getting some "information", let's all do better tomorrow with what we get! \o/

It's cool, Sol.
    We'll get at 'em tomorrow.

Pearl FC: 0131 6674 2041 | White FC: 4727 7263 2313

Blog Entries

Also sorry if I sound kind of pushy but it's frustrating being unable to do anything since Day is literally the only time Town can actually do anything and I'm also kind of annoyed because I came home late >:/

Anyway since we'll be getting some "information", let's all do better tomorrow with what we get! \o/
    It's alright, I like hearing everyone's concerns. ^_^

i wANNA BE A HETALIA TOO Umeko's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Umeko On Twitter
    Follow Umeko on Tumblr Visit Umeko's Youtube Channel

@Umeko: Why so quick to get on the defensive? It should've been obvious that I was just voting you as a discussion starter (if it wasn't, then sorry about that).
    ??? I gave my defense because, in my experience, that's generally what people are looking for when they make a discussion-stirring vote on someone. Sorry?

Hipsteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer Phoenicks's Avatar
    Blog Entries

At this point, the votes are irresolute and there's no point in changing, so for the solely theoretical aspects of it, I'd like to challenge you, Solaris.

I agree with you here: information is crucial. Day 1 is a proving ground for the conflicts that will be set up later. Day 1 is also when we have the least amount of information. Regardless of what we do now, Night 1 will bring a kill (barring an unusual lucky-protect on Night 1, in which case this whole cycle repeats from the beginning), and thus information. Otherwise, Day 1 is a blind stab.

The chance of lynching a mafioso is much smaller than the chance of lynching an valuable innocent. Considering our limited information, we may only choose to lynch on hypotheticals, or not lynch at all. The former entails huge risk. The latter does not. Either way, someone will die on Night 1. We will still obtain information from this death. The rest of the game will play out with information coming in at a similar clip. The chance of nabbing a mafiosi does not outweigh the risk of killing a valuable innocent -- and at what cost?

Nothing to do now here now except to wait for Day 2 to begin.
    "The inward skies of man will accompany him across any void upon which he ventures and will be with him to the end of time." -- Loren Eiseley

Page 11 of 52 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast