Mafia: Atelier Arland Mafia - ENDGAME (Alchemists and Independent Win!) - 2/1 - Page 38
Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2836373839 LastLast

Thread: Atelier Arland Mafia - ENDGAME (Alchemists and Independent Win!) - 2/1

Wipethatsmirkoffyourface Master Hei's Avatar

Default Re: Atelier Arland Mafia - Night 8 (The Cat's Meow) - 1/29

Is it hot in here or is it just me?

Blog Entries

Follow FinalArcadia on Tumblr Visit FinalArcadia's Youtube Channel

Blog Entries

A battle would soon commence. The prize was the young man seated off to the side.

He would get his pupil back, that Sterk knew. After all, he was a former knight who had trained under the finest swordsman in the land. When a pair of homunculi untrained in combat were his opponents, it all but assured victory for the swordsman in white.

As a light breeze blew on the grassy field that would be the battleground, Sterk unsheathed his sword, readying himself for a quick and easy duel. In contrast, the homunculi simply stood in place, their faces appearing completely disaffected by everything around them.

“Come on, aren’t you two going to prepare yourselves?” Sterk bellowed out. He fought with honor, and the thought of battling two as unprepared as these beings... It didn’t sit well with him. “Where are your weapons? Surely you don’t intend to fight as you are?”

“We are more than ready,” the two replied in unison.

Though they looked anything but ready, Sterk took their word for it, albeit hesitantly. With all the grace befitting a knight, Sterk charged forward.

The Homs were better prepared than they looked, however. As the man before them rushed closer and closer, the homunculi calmly threw out a smoke bomb, putting an immediate stop to the other’s offensive. In the haze that followed, they lifted up Gino and threw him at Sterk, causing student and teacher to collide and tumble to the ground with a thud.

“Ahh, that hurts…” Gino mumbled.

He received no response from Sterk, who was seemingly knocked out beneath him. Though his injuries weren’t all that serious, the shame he would feel from a loss to a couple of homunculi would dampen his spirits enough to render him useless in the competition.

It is now Day 9. This phase will end on January 31 at 10:00 PM EST. You may now vote.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Atelier Arland Mafia - Day 9 (Fall of a Knight) - 1/30

I'm going to assume that when I was tied for the lynch several phases ago HD had actually voted for me as well, which caused my first death.

Oh well. I think the answer is obvious, but it's up to you, town. Get 'em!

Vote: No lynch

We should let the mafia kill one more person. I'd rather have a 1 in 2 chance of IDing the mafia correctly than a 1 in 3 chance today.

Vote: Shinobu

Blog Entries

Wipethatsmirkoffyourface Master Hei's Avatar

Vote: Doctor jokool

I should have been more vigilant near the phase update. At least I was on the right path about Fushimi being mafia.

Blog Entries

With Sterk having dropped out of the competition, only three adventurers remained. Of those three, only one was any good at combat, and that was Mel. That may not have mattered much in a contest of obtaining profit, but when an elderly woman had approached with a request of valuable skins from a particular breed of monster – with a huge reward on the line – it was hard to ignore.

As Mel prepared for a day-long journey out into the outer area around a nearby mountain base, her close friend Ceci walked up beside her, placing a hand on her shoulder. “I want to go with you.”

“Ceci, come on,” Mel said as she quickly turned to face the other, “It’s cute that you think you can help me, and I know how much you wanted to be a full-fledged adventurer, but it’s too dangerous for you.”

The brown-haired girl stood her ground, proving to be every bit as stubborn as her younger sister, Totori. “I can help! To win, we need the reward from this, and… I don’t want you to go out alone…”

She couldn’t say no to that face. With much trepidation, Mel agreed to allow Ceci to follow along with her, but only under the condition that she wouldn’t fall into harm’s way if she could help it. Ceci nodded in agreement of the terms.

Despite many breaks for a quick breather or water, the two made it to their destination in decent time. As the winged, demon-like Scarlets appeared from the shadows, Mel motioned Ceci to stand back. She obeyed, watching her friend with concerned eyes.

Things seemed to be going well. Mel’s large axe tore through the demons easily as she barely broke a sweat, Ceci watching anxiously from the sidelines. However, Mel was so focused on eliminating the Scarlets that she didn’t notice another threat creeping up behind her: a Behemoth.

“Mel!” Ceci yelled for Mel’s attention, desperate to warn her of the impending monster attack, but to no avail. There was only one choice left to her.

Ceci dove in front of the fiend’s line of sight, taking the hit for Mel. Seeing her friend fall to the ground in pain, Mel ran madly at the beast responsible, taking it out in a single well-placed blow.

“Ceci!”

“It’s fine… I’m not hurt too badly, honest.”

Mel carefully picked up the injured girl. “This is why I told you not to come… You always cause trouble,” she said with a slight laugh. Ceci would be all right… that was all she needed to know.

Ceci laughed. “Yes, I do, don’t I? Sorry… that I disobeyed your orders…”

With some rest, her wounds would heal. But her injuries left the adventurers little hope…

It is now Night 9. This phase will end on February 1 at 10:00 PM EST. You may now send in night actions.

NOTE: I will likely end this phase early, depending on if I received all night actions or not by around 1:00 PM tomorrow. If not, expect the normal update time.

Also, this is the first time I've ever dealt with a No Lynch and Lynch tie, so I went with the common rule here of the Lynch winning out. I just thought I should clarify that.

Default Re: Atelier Arland Mafia - Night 9 (Bonds of Friendship) - 1/31

I only have one regret...

Actually I have a few regrets, but I have one big regret.

Blog Entries

Well....... This sucks....... After all that happened....... It's going to end like this........ I just.........

Anyway.... I'll say it again:

I really need to check this game out.

Ah, I was really nervous to vote that close, but I suppose it worked out.

Blog Entries

As Mel tended to Ceci at her bedside – bringing her food and drink upon request – she wrestled with the thought of dropping out of the competition herself, to help speed up her friend’s recovery.

“No, I’m totally fine, Mel,” Ceci told her with a smile. “You’re one of our last hopes to win, after all.”

“Actually,” a voice at the door suddenly said, “that is untrue.” A slightly more feminine voice echoed soon after, “untrue.”

Curious as to the meaning of their words (and to their identities), Mel opened the door, revealing the two fancily-dressed homunculi who aided the alchemists. They stepped into the home with their usual neutral expressions; however, behind those blank stares, a sense of pride seemed to be emanating.

“Come, there is going to be an announcement made at Artisan’s Way.”

Looking back at Ceci – who gathered her strength to stand – Mel nodded and aided her friend in heading to their apparent destination… though she already had a good idea of what the announcement would entail.

“Oh, you’ve finally arrived!” Marc McBrine noted. He twiddled with some sort of small machine in his hands, tending to some loose screws. He knew full well what was to come, but remained in a cheery mood. No matter what the outcome, he’d gotten in some valuable research time, after all.

With all the participants finally gathered – even Totori had returned from her assignment, and Rorona had regained her normal speaking capabilities – Dessier presided over this final meeting, clearing his throat before spreading the news.

“My dear friends, adventurers and alchemists alike, it is time for this contest to come to an end!” Cheers erupted from the bystanders. “It came down to the wire, but one side has prevailed over the other,” Dessier claimed as the excitement in the air built. “It appears the alchemists have cast their magic on the land, holding claim to the most gained profit!”

Upon hearing those words proclaiming their victory, the alchemists burst into smiles. Rorona rushed over to the Homs, hugging them tightly as Totori and Meruru high-fived, with Astrid observing the other girls.

“Hey, Dad, what’s our prize?” Meruru asked, looking expectantly at her father.

“Ah, that,” laughed Dessier. “Your prize is a wonderful, big, fat nothing!”

“Huh?”

Walking over to the girls, Dessier told them, “This whole competition’s aim was to bring money back into the nation, which you girls did a stellar job of. Your prize is the knowledge that you helped out.”

There was a slight silence… until Dessier finished his words. “However… I think some sort of thanks is in order. What would you girls say to having a holiday named in your honor?”

The idea was met with bright grins and applause from the crowd. That night would be one full of feasts, fun, and joy… even for the adventurers, who were happy for the alchemists’ victory. The land was full of prosper once again.

Congratulations to the Alchemists and the Independent Winner, TheSleepyAbra!

To everyone who played, thanks so much! It was a great game, and toward the end, it really could've gone either way. I was on the edge of my seat. XD

And as a host comment and fan of the Arland saga of the Atelier series, I'm glad that I may have perhaps piqued some peoples' interest in the series. They're great games, so if you've got a PS3, I highly recommend them.

It almost makes me want to do a mafia based on the Mana Khemia saga of the Atelier series now...

Again, thanks for playing, and I hope you all had fun! And congratulations to the winners!

Blog Entries

Town, I am dissapoint.

Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2836373839 LastLast