Mafia: Atelier Arland Mafia - ENDGAME (Alchemists and Independent Win!) - 2/1 - Page 18

Page 18 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
Results 256 to 270 of 583
Like Tree217Likes

Thread: Atelier Arland Mafia - ENDGAME (Alchemists and Independent Win!) - 2/1

  1. #256
    カジカ Zeems's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,507
    Blog Entries
    118

    Default Re: Atelier Arland Mafia - Night 2 (Friends and Rivals) - 1/18

    I
    think
    the
    mafia
    are
    trying
    to
    see
    when
    I
    will
    commute.

    Please
    note
    that
    I
    probably
    won't
    be
    typing
    long
    posts
    with
    this
    stupid
    restriction.
    Midorikawa likes this.

  2. #257
    I'm a servant of the lord Midorikawa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    In fields of grey
    Posts
    10,564
    Blog Entries
    18

    Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Atelier Arland Mafia - Day 3 (Dance, Puppet, Dance) - 1/19

    Zima your posts make me laugh even though they aren't intentional. I kind of want a post restriction for the fun of it now.

  3. #258
    カジカ Zeems's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,507
    Blog Entries
    118

    Default Re: Atelier Arland Mafia - Day 3 (Dance, Puppet, Dance) - 1/19

    It
    isn't
    funny!
    DX

    The
    mafia
    know
    how
    to
    torture
    me.

    Back
    to
    the
    subject.

    Who
    do
    we
    consider
    to
    be
    scummy
    at
    this
    point?
    Midorikawa likes this.

  4. #259
    I'm a servant of the lord Midorikawa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    In fields of grey
    Posts
    10,564
    Blog Entries
    18

    Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Atelier Arland Mafia - Day 3 (Dance, Puppet, Dance) - 1/19

    Looks funny to me :)

    Anyways. I think Beck and Shinobu are the most suspicious right now. Shinobu for obvious reasons, and Beck has been controversial several times, plus as has been brought up, they seemed for lynching Aku but unvoted her which is ironic considering she turned up town. Shinobu could have just made a really big mistake. Some of us know how possible that is, right Zima?

    VOTE: Beck honestly you seem most suspicious to me right now.

  5. #260
    May the force be with you BK201's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Coruscant
    Posts
    197

    Default Re: Atelier Arland Mafia - Day 3 (Dance, Puppet, Dance) - 1/19

    Akuraito was the double voter. >_> how could I miss this?

    The dark side of the force must be clouding my vision however.

    I sense a plot to destroy Jedi, the dark side of the force surrounds Shinobu.

    Unvote: Shinobu
    Vote: Beck
    Last edited by BK201; 20th January 2013 at 12:21 AM.

  6. #261
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    332
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Atelier Arland Mafia - Day 3 (Dance, Puppet, Dance) - 1/19

    okay what

    really mafia

    really

    >:I

    i find this really hilarious for some reason Um, well, best of luck, town! XD

    i would ask to sub again but i don't want to steal the opportunity again from Neon and Hilbert

    and i've already played twice XD


    EDIT:

    Yeah, I think it's best if I stay dead this time around. ^^; Thanks for letting me play, FA! X3 It was fun while it lasted. no seriously even if i only survived two phases, i enjoyed this game a lot XD
    Last edited by Akuraito; 20th January 2013 at 05:45 AM.
    FinalArcadia and Midorikawa like this.

  7. #262
    noble roar Buoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    olivine city, johto.
    Posts
    2,105
    Blog Entries
    12

    Default Re: Atelier Arland Mafia - Day 3 (Dance, Puppet, Dance) - 1/19

    Quote Originally Posted by Midorikawa View Post
    Looks funny to me :)

    Anyways. I think Beck and Shinobu are the most suspicious right now. Shinobu for obvious reasons, and Beck has been controversial several times, plus as has been brought up, they seemed for lynching Aku but unvoted her which is ironic considering she turned up town. Shinobu could have just made a really big mistake. Some of us know how possible that is, right Zima?

    VOTE: Beck honestly you seem most suspicious to me right now.
    In what way was Beck controversial? I'd like something to back that claim up with, before we base a lynch off of it.

    However, who I would like to draw attention to myself is Fushimi.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fushimi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HumanDawn View Post

    it was for your own pleasure

    What are your thoughts currently? I hope our Voting isn't distracting you :P.
    i can't tell if that's some innuendo or not omg

    Nah, of course your.... Voting isn't distracting me, nope. But um... Thoughts, thoughts... Well, first thing I thought of would be at Beck. He's not wanting to point any any fingers at anybody yet, but he'll vote someone? I don't know, but that doesn't make too much sense to me, kind of contradicting.
    Fluff posting after the opening pages of the game. She's trying to look town here, imo. In context, this is Day 1, and there's a lot of random voting going on anyway, so people voting without pointing fingers isn't going to be uncommon, so her point anyway is invalid, yet she feels the need to make a point from it. As well as that, as soon as he explains that his vote meant no lynch, she went very meek and asked us to 'disregard' what she had just tried to accuse him of, which, combined with the fact that she was phrasing her accusation in a way so as to not tie herself utterly to that accusation, makes me think that she's being VERY cautious. On Day 1, when nothing is going on, she has no reason to be cautious, but she's being very tentative here, almost as though she doesn't want to be caught out on what she's trying to say -- she did, after all, retract her 'accusation' very quickly after he said about one sentence.

    Besides, the point she made isn't strong, and she presents it in a way that makes me think she knows that it's not strong, but yet she still wanted to point SOMETHING out -- again, this trying to look town.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fushimi
    Sputnik, as I said before, am suspicious of why she's so dead set on Aku and jokool being scum buddies. jokool hasn't done anything noteworthy suspicious, and the former was just wondering why Sputnik was voting him, since she put no real reason. As for Misaki(Yata)... I don't have any thoughts on her yet, to be honest.
    Not a very convinced approach to accusing somebody -- she's basically saying that she finds Sputnik suspicious because she thinks that jokool and Akuraito are town, but she doesn't say that directly. Again, she's phrasing things tentatively -- nothing is directly said, which doesn't really make me believe that she's actually trying to convince anybody of what she's saying, but just trying to answer the question as evasively as she can. She just seems to be shying away from everything. As well as that, Yata is the first person mentioned whom she does not have any sort of opinion on. All of this is in Day 1, where nobody really has an idea -- I can grant that much -- but she's delaying any sort of thought on Yata, which seems like a way to get out of putting anything against or for her, which is an anomaly for her during that phase, and leads me to believe that Fushimi has some sort of connection with Yata. Fushimi, when you read this: do you have any thoughts on Yata now?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fushimi View Post
    Hm, not going to yet, but I may vote Beck. He's saying he's against a day 1 lynch, and being cautious on lynches... He seemed eager to vote Akuraito though. Also, he's voting against Akuraito because she defended jokool, but he's basically defending Sputnik? That makes little sense to me...
    All these ellipses just signify so much hesitation. She's also using 'yet' -- she's delaying trying to do anything that might make people have some sort of opinion on her. It may be part of a typing style, but it's fairly obvious that she's hesitant about something. As well as that, it's apparently bad to be against a Day 1 lynch? That's not true, although I don't want to get into "d1 lynch vs no d1 lynch" when it's D3. She is still not developing her points against or for anybody, which is still her being cautious -- while accusing other people of being cautious, which is a contradiction in her opinions, despite her pointing out the contradictions in Beck (contradiction mania). After Beck replies to this, however, she just leaves him alone -- I don't see the point in dropping it, but she's definitely trying to avoid confrontation, as far as I can see.

    It's also interesting to point out that it's Day 1 in this post, but she keeps emphasising Akuraito's townliness (yes, i just made that word up). What did Akuraito flip? Town.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fushimi View Post
    Doesn't seem to me that Sputnik caused that, considering her behavior beforehand. And keeping in mind how her ability is supposedly commonly mafia... Although perhaps she could be a secret voter, like Midorikawa said?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fushimi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Midorikawa View Post
    @Zima That is usually: commuter, vanilla, JOAT, miller. So which is it? Now I want to know.
    Also bomb is a possibility.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fushimi View Post
    This may not be a good idea, but what if we looked at the people who didn't vote Akuraito, and see if anyone of those seemed like they were 'suspicious' of her. They could be the secret voter, assuming there is one.
    Okay. Here we go: she's speculating on the setup far more than she's asking questions of anybody. In short, she's giving information, rather than analysis -- ESPECIALLY no analysis. She hasn't developed her points once as to why somebody is/isn't suspicious in her view, but she's keen to point out that "bomb is a possibility" or that "there may be a secret voter". It's actually a fairly big scumtell, and, as far as I know, she's not known for this sort of behaviour.

    Besides that, she tends to defend town lynchees when they're being put under scrutiny -- Akuraito and Master Mew come to mind. She started chainsaw defense on Human when he voted Master Mew, saying that he was 'eager to vote' when two votes was hardly going to make a difference either way. When he replies, she doesn't reply directly, and, when he replies again, she tells him that she "didn't know why she said that", and that he should "brush it off" because she "wasn't concentrating" whenever she put something against him. Again, she's trying to withdraw herself from confrontation -- to drop off the radar -- so that people won't get anywhere on her.
    @Fushimi; Do you want to reply to any part of my post? If so, please do.

    Where does Fushimi lead us? If she flips mafia, Yata is more likely to be mafia, while Beck, Human and jokool are slightly more likely to be town, which is at least something. It's valuable enough on its own, and my scumdar is practically exploding after re-reading her posts.

    tl;dr fushimi looks v suspicious, yata is probably connected to fushimi (perhaps group scum, but i'll get back to that in the night phase) & fushimi's alignment will give us a better idea of other alignments

    Vote: Fushimi. Depending on the outcome of this lynch, we'll have some good information to base our next actions upon. Additionally, for the reason that her alignment reflects Beck's a little better, I'd like it if we refrained from lynching Beck for the moment.

  8. #263
    king of hearts Squall Leonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    Genderless
    Location
    balamb garden
    Posts
    1,717

    Default Re: Atelier Arland Mafia - Day 3 (Dance, Puppet, Dance) - 1/19

    Okay, so basically you’re accusing me because I’m being cautious and ‘trying SO hard to look Town”. Hm.
    I was going to point this out before, but I AM trying a different style. I normally vote day 1, but I didn’t here, because I figured that I’ve already done it plenty and maybe I should try something new. Easier said than to believe though, but whatever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buoy
    Fushimi, when you read this: do you have any thoughts on Yata now?
    She hasn’t really done much, and may just be trying to slink in the background, but still be noticed so she doesn’t seem suspicious. Granted, she’s away right now, but before that.
    All these ellipses just signify so much hesitation. She's also using 'yet' -- she's delaying trying to do anything that might make people have some sort of opinion on her. It may be part of a typing style, but it's fairly obvious that she's hesitant about something.
    ? No, not really. I use ellipses far more than I should normally anyway. Fine, I do seem hesitant, but come on, how the hell is that going to give off some kind of scum tell. You’re really grasping at straws here if you’re going against someone’s typing style, I’m not that stupid that I’d be all ‘meek’ and using ellipses more than usual.
    As well as that, it's apparently bad to be against a Day 1 lynch?
    When did I ever say that? I’m usually one for lynches, but just because I didn’t this time I’m suddenly against them?
    She is still not developing her points against or for anybody, which is still her being cautious -- while accusing other people of being cautious, which is a contradiction in her opinions, despite her pointing out the contradictions in Beck (contradiction mania). After Beck replies to this, however, she just leaves him alone -- I don't see the point in dropping it, but she's definitely trying to avoid confrontation, as far as I can see.
    You’re right, I am being overly cautious. The reason I’m constantly backing off whenever I question someone and avoiding confrontation is because I realize what I’m saying is making little to no sense. I’ve been out of it lately(again, not that I can just make you believe that), but that’s the real reason I stopped questioning Human about his vote on Master Mew. I said I understood but then didn’t, I kept contradicting myself. If I do that, nobody’s going to believe me, so what was the point in continuing the argument when I already lost it.
    It's also interesting to point out that it's Day 1 in this post, but she keeps emphasising Akuraito's townliness (yes, i just made that word up). What did Akuraito flip? Town.
    …I was disagreeing with Zima, so that makes me emphasize how much I think Akuraito is Town? There was no real proof in her being mafia, so what, I was just going to jump the gun and believe she’s mafia for a reason that made no sense at all? And oh my god, yes, that totally would mean I knew that. That means I’m mafia, I mean wow.
    Okay. Here we go: she's speculating on the setup far more than she's asking questions of anybody. In short, she's giving information, rather than analysis -- ESPECIALLY no analysis. She hasn't developed her points once as to why somebody is/isn't suspicious in her view, but she's keen to point out that "bomb is a possibility" or that "there may be a secret voter".
    It almost sounds to you like speculation is such a bad thing. I’m not much of a question asker, and this was about Zima. She was barely answering anything no matter what was asked. I see you point on the analysis, but there was… No reason to think someone would be a bomb/secret voter. I was questioning if there was because those seemed likely, I had no idea WHO would be one.
    Besides that, she tends to defend town lynchees when they're being put under scrutiny -- Akuraito and Master Mew come to mind. She started chainsaw defense on Human when he voted Master Mew, saying that he was 'eager to vote' when two votes was hardly going to make a difference either way. When he replies, she doesn't reply directly, and, when he replies again, she tells him that she "didn't know why she said that", and that he should "brush it off" because she "wasn't concentrating" whenever she put something against him. Again, she's trying to withdraw herself from confrontation -- to drop off the radar -- so that people won't get anywhere on her.
    As I said, I’m trying a different approach. Which apparently is not working out at all. If I didn’t think either were mafia, then… I don’t see what’s wrong with that. About the Human thing, I already said why I did that.
    Where does Fushimi lead us? If she flips mafia, Yata is more likely to be mafia, while Beck, Human and jokool are slightly more likely to be town, which is at least something. It's valuable enough on its own, and my scumdar is practically exploding after re-reading her posts.
    Oh, lovely. I would say if my lynch would help the Town, then fine whatever, but since I’m already trying to seem TOO Town, then...

    Vote: Saesee Tin

    You're joke voting on Day 3, there’s no real reason to do that. Also your vote on Zima before had really no substance.
    Last edited by Squall Leonhart; 20th January 2013 at 05:47 PM.

  9. #264
    Christmas Bubble Frog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Unova
    Posts
    4,508
    Blog Entries
    185

    Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

    Default Re: Atelier Arland Mafia - Day 3 (Dance, Puppet, Dance) - 1/19

    Shinobu and Saesee come off as the most suspicious to me, I'm not sure about hoping on the the Beck bandwagon yet. Maybe I'm not looking in-depth enough but he doesn't come off as excessively sketchy to me. Saesee Tin hasn't don't anything drastic yet aside from the aforementioned joke voting on Day 3 of all things. Anyway though, I'd like to hear @Saesee Tin; weigh in on the current happening of the game seriously. No joking please, what are your thoughts?

    Vote:Shinobu

    I just feel most comfy with Shinobu, the last two minute vote was really scummy.
    @Shinobu;

  10. #265
    カジカ Zeems's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,507
    Blog Entries
    118

    Default Re: Atelier Arland Mafia - Day 3 (Dance, Puppet, Dance) - 1/19

    I
    think
    Shinobu
    is
    the
    scummiest
    because
    of
    yesterday's
    move.

    He
    can't
    possibly
    be
    a
    townie
    considering
    his
    last-minute
    vote
    on
    Master Mew.

    Vote: Shinobu

  11. #266
    Christmas Bubble Frog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Unova
    Posts
    4,508
    Blog Entries
    185

    Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

    Default Re: Atelier Arland Mafia - Day 3 (Dance, Puppet, Dance) - 1/19

    Zima, I still wonder, why in the world are you being targeted by these post "Restrictions" of all people? (which are nothing but comedic things, rather than restrictions.)

  12. #267
    カジカ Zeems's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,507
    Blog Entries
    118

    Default Re: Atelier Arland Mafia - Day 3 (Dance, Puppet, Dance) - 1/19

    Probably
    just
    to
    piss
    me
    off
    and
    get
    a
    good
    laugh
    from
    my
    misery.

    The
    mafia
    are
    sadistic
    bastards.
    XD

  13. #268
    I'm a servant of the lord Midorikawa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    In fields of grey
    Posts
    10,564
    Blog Entries
    18

    Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Atelier Arland Mafia - Day 3 (Dance, Puppet, Dance) - 1/19

    Quote Originally Posted by Beck View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FinalArcadia View Post
    I love hosting so much, just to watch these type of things. XD

    Ahem... yes, continue on, everyone.
    I would just like to clarify before I vote, does the phase end when the majority is reached, as well? Meaning, if, for example, I'm voted against 11-9 before the end of Phase 1, will I be lynched? Or will I have time to change peoples' minds? Thanks!
    First post of the game and they're already worried about being lynched. That's jumpy

    Quote Originally Posted by Beck View Post
    I'm going to Vote: Abstain on Day 1. I don't want to point any fingers just yet, I still don't know many of your playing styles.
    Note this post

    Quote Originally Posted by Beck View Post
    Yeah, I meant no lynch. I'm not a fan of randomly lynching someone, at least not yet.
    Not the bold. That's controversial in itself. What did you mean by this?


    Quote Originally Posted by Beck View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HumanDawn View Post
    I don't understand the reasoning behind the votes on Akuraito. She's been her Town self so far in my eyes and asking questions she would normally ask.
    Basing her actions on past games is an ineffective way of determining innocence. If you play Mafia enough it's easy to fake a side.
    Some people play differently as mafia and differently as town. It's called set play styles. Using experience from other mafias is how one wins. Also if you note a few posts earlier, Beck said he wouldn't vote yet due to not knowing play styles. Hyprocritical

    Quote Originally Posted by Beck
    Quote Originally Posted by Zima View Post
    You of all people should know not to defend ANYONE this early. Also, I feel obligated to remind you that it's only day 1, and we barely have anything to work with. To add on to my suspicion, I just noticed that you never ask me why I'm jumpy. People change their minds in mafia, and considering that it's only day 1, you should expect it. :)
    Like Zima's said, it's foolish to defend anyone this early. You have even less merit to defend anyone than you would to accuse someone, unless of course you're a team. I agree with both Zima and Buoy. I'll Vote: Akuraito. On Day One we should either no lynch, or bite as solid of a lead, not just lynch for the sake of lynching. These days are precious and we don't need a lamb just yet. I think this lead is fitting, even if it isn't completely concrete.
    For starters Aku wasn't defending jokool, just questioning Zima. Second he says here that he's against random lynching yet posts earlier said he doesn't want to random lynch yet.

    Quote Originally Posted by Beck View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Akuraito View Post
    I don't remember accusing anyone.
    You didn't, and I didn't say you did. I'm saying that it makes more sense, from the point of view of a townsman, to accuse someone than it is to defend someone on Day One. But you did the latter and chose to defend, as much of a joke as you claim it to be. Plus, you don't fuck around on Day One as it is; you're just asking for a misinterpreted lynch.
    Again she didn't defend and on another note there was no need to be so rude.


    Quote Originally Posted by Beck View Post
    I've read through the last eight pages of this thread and it's full of shit. Like, yikes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Akuraito View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beck View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Akuraito View Post
    I don't remember accusing anyone.
    You didn't, and I didn't say you did. I'm saying that it makes more sense, from the point of view of a townsman, to accuse someone than it is to defend someone on Day One. But you did the latter and chose to defend, as much of a joke as you claim it to be. Plus, you don't fuck around on Day One as it is; you're just asking for a misinterpreted lynch.
    It doesn't make sense to defend someone who, as far as you know, is most likely town against a completely baseless vote? And I never said it was a joke, so I don't see where that's coming from.
    This "most likely town" is a ridiculous claim. Most likely town depending on what, odds? And if it's such a baseless vote then why bother attempting to draw attention away from him? Why not leave it be? It makes more sense to question you defending someone on Day One than it is to question someone making a baseless accusation on Day One. I mean, why not question any of the other baseless accusations in the first eight pages of this thread?
    Zima's was serious which is what Aku meant. Possible purposefully misinterpreted Aku or accidentally. Anyways since you're saying that to her then why don't you do that yourself?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fushimi View Post
    Hm, not going to yet, but I may vote Beck. He's saying he's against a day 1 lynch, and being cautious on lynches... He seemed eager to vote Akuraito though. Also, he's voting against Akuraito because she defended jokool, but he's basically defending Sputnik? That makes little sense to me...
    I am against a Day One lynch, wholeheartedly. Just because I pin another player in the effort to make them talk doesn't mean that I'm bloodthirsty. Frankly I could care less about what anyone has said here but if we don't follow up and ask the questions then we'll never get the answers. And I'm not defending Sputnik, her reasoning for voting Jokool is just as poor as Akuraito's for defending him. They're both at fault, but I don't intend on letting either slide by.

    Don't worry, nothing should make sense on Day One unless you pursue it.[/QUOTE]

    Bold 1: Funny being earlier he states that he's not for them yet and actually votes Aku with the intention to lynch

    Bold 2: Says that he's not letting either slide by, yet he doesn't question Zima at all and instead actually agrees with her multiple times.

    Quote Originally Posted by Beck View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Midorikawa View Post
    I don't see how Aku defended him either. Jumping on jokool for defending himself seems more suspicious to me as does all of Sputnik's behavior. Beck I can't say much on. They seem to be hypocrytical, yet say they aren't voting for anything more than pressure.
    Sputnik's poor reasoning is suspicious as well. But that being said, everything is poor reasoning because we have nothing tangible to work with. I don't mean to defend anyone just yet, and I also don't mean to accuse anyone. Don't think I have anything against Aku because I don't. And even if she's acting suspicious it still doesn't warrant lynching her. That being said I'll take a step back and Vote: No Lynch again. I don't want to rustle anymore feathers if others are going to question my forwardness.

    Unvote: Aku
    Vote: No Lynch
    This was after Fushimi and I, and I believe others said what we saw. He suddenly sees Aku as not suspicious when a bunch of others don't see her as such.

    Quote Originally Posted by Beck View Post
    Well to my knowledge Master Mew, Aku, and Human are all tied with two votes. Unless that changes before ten then we won't be going anywhere. So either we make a move now or we wait another night.

    Also, for the record, Joltik hasn't confirmed or posted (ITT). I'm not suggesting we lynch her, but keep that in mind. And unless Jokool posts again there's no reason to worry about him. There's now much more drama than needed, especially when he's not even a part of it. Laying too low for my liking but that's no reason to attack him.
    More hypocritical controversy. Says against the lynch of Aku and then suggests lynching one of the three.

    Quote Originally Posted by Beck View Post
    I'm going to come right up front and say that I don't have any special voting power. I was just as surprised about Aku's lynch. I even said a few pages back that if we want anything done then we need to break the tie. From page 10:

    Quote Originally Posted by Beck View Post
    Well to my knowledge Master Mew, Aku, and Human are all tied with two votes. Unless that changes before ten then we won't be going anywhere. So either we make a move now or we wait another night.

    Also, for the record, Joltik hasn't confirmed or posted (ITT). I'm not suggesting we lynch her, but keep that in mind. And unless Jokool posts again there's no reason to worry about him. There's now much more drama than needed, especially when he's not even a part of it. Laying too low for my liking but that's no reason to attack him.
    I don't have any idea who could be guilty, at least not at the moment. I do not think that lynching Zima just yet will get us anywhere. She's claimed her role and we don't have any evidence to reject that other than suspicion. I'm not saying she isn't guilty, I'm saying that by the end of this phase we need to find her actually guilty of something (other than being shady) or we need to focus our efforts on someone else.
    Said earlier that he wasn't letting Zima or Aku off yet, he practically let's Zima off here.

    Quote Originally Posted by Beck View Post
    In which case we need to break the tie. Any ideas? From what I've read we don't have enough reason to vote either other than based on speculation. So no lynch, or can we draw any other players out of the shadows?
    Cause you know you don't have the ability to do that, just all of the townies other than you. Guess you're just our boss that sits back and orders us.

    @Buoy; My reasoning

  14. #269
    Soul Suckin' Jerk Beck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Where It's At!
    Posts
    1,230
    Blog Entries
    14

    Default Re: Atelier Arland Mafia - Day 3 (Dance, Puppet, Dance) - 1/19

    Quote Originally Posted by Midorikawa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beck View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FinalArcadia View Post
    I love hosting so much, just to watch these type of things. XD

    Ahem... yes, continue on, everyone.
    I would just like to clarify before I vote, does the phase end when the majority is reached, as well? Meaning, if, for example, I'm voted against 11-9 before the end of Phase 1, will I be lynched? Or will I have time to change peoples' minds? Thanks!
    First post of the game and they're already worried about being lynched. That's jumpy
    I used my name in place of someone else's in an attempt to not accuse anyone or make anyone else uncomfortable. I also said "for example," insinuating that it was just an example. I haven't up to this point been in any danger of being lynched so why make a post acting concerned? Also, I regularly play that once a majority of votes is reached then the player on the chopping block is lynched. I wanted to clarify. And I think that the concern I showed would make me less suspicious than more suspicious. But that may just have been from my point of view.

    Quote Originally Posted by Midorikawa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beck View Post
    I'm going to Vote: Abstain on Day 1. I don't want to point any fingers just yet, I still don't know many of your playing styles.
    Note this post.
    Okay. Noted.

    Quote Originally Posted by Midorikawa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beck View Post
    Yeah, I meant no lynch. I'm not a fan of randomly lynching someone, at least not yet.
    Not the bold. That's controversial in itself. What did you mean by this?
    Noted. And no, it's not as controversial as you may think. On Day One, the odds of a member of Town being lynched is high. Albeit not definite, but high. I normally prefer not to lynch randomly in the hopes that a Cop might gather some information before we lay someone to rest. The latter half of the sentence, "at least not yet" means that, like I said, I'm not opposed to randomly lynching someone, but it makes no sense to do so on Day One.

    Quote Originally Posted by Midorikawa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beck View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HumanDawn View Post
    I don't understand the reasoning behind the votes on Akuraito. She's been her Town self so far in my eyes and asking questions she would normally ask.
    Basing her actions on past games is an ineffective way of determining innocence. If you play Mafia enough it's easy to fake a side.
    Some people play differently as mafia and differently as town. It's called set play styles. Using experience from other mafias is how one wins. Also if you note a few posts earlier, Beck said he wouldn't vote yet due to not knowing play styles. Hyprocritical.
    What I said is true. I can't make a decision to lynch or not to lynch another player solely on their actions in another Mafia. That's why I said it made no sense to claim anyone as innocent or even guilty on Day One. Realistically, can you determine anyone's roles on Day One based upon his or her actions in a prior game of Mafia? If you can then you might have done so already. And I didn't vote until I had a better idea of how the game was being played. In fact, I didn't vote for the sake of voting, but rather for the sake of getting answers. And did I not get answers? It wasn't hypocritical in the least.

    Quote Originally Posted by Midorikawa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beck
    Quote Originally Posted by Zima View Post
    You of all people should know not to defend ANYONE this early. Also, I feel obligated to remind you that it's only day 1, and we barely have anything to work with. To add on to my suspicion, I just noticed that you never ask me why I'm jumpy. People change their minds in mafia, and considering that it's only day 1, you should expect it. :)
    Like Zima's said, it's foolish to defend anyone this early. You have even less merit to defend anyone than you would to accuse someone, unless of course you're a team. I agree with both Zima and Buoy. I'll Vote: Akuraito. On Day One we should either no lynch, or bite as solid of a lead, not just lynch for the sake of lynching. These days are precious and we don't need a lamb just yet. I think this lead is fitting, even if it isn't completely concrete.
    For starters Aku wasn't defending jokool, just questioning Zima. Second he says here that he's against random lynching yet posts earlier said he doesn't want to random lynch yet.
    If you say so. And huh? You just agreed with me. I first said that I'm against random lynching on Day One, which I am, then you say that I don't want to random lynch yet, which I didn't. That's exactly what I said and meant to say. I don't like to lynch anyone randomly. And by randomly, if it's not clear, I mean without any reason whatsoever.

    Quote Originally Posted by Midorikawa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beck View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Akuraito View Post
    I don't remember accusing anyone.
    You didn't, and I didn't say you did. I'm saying that it makes more sense, from the point of view of a townsman, to accuse someone than it is to defend someone on Day One. But you did the latter and chose to defend, as much of a joke as you claim it to be. Plus, you don't fuck around on Day One as it is; you're just asking for a misinterpreted lynch.
    Again she didn't defend and on another note there was no need to be so rude.
    Okay then. And I apologize. It's the truth, though. Sticking your head out in the open, even if you're joking, can get you lynched. That's why a No Lynch is better.

    Quote Originally Posted by Midorikawa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beck View Post
    I've read through the last eight pages of this thread and it's full of shit. Like, yikes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Akuraito View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beck View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Akuraito View Post
    I don't remember accusing anyone.
    You didn't, and I didn't say you did. I'm saying that it makes more sense, from the point of view of a townsman, to accuse someone than it is to defend someone on Day One. But you did the latter and chose to defend, as much of a joke as you claim it to be. Plus, you don't fuck around on Day One as it is; you're just asking for a misinterpreted lynch.
    It doesn't make sense to defend someone who, as far as you know, is most likely town against a completely baseless vote? And I never said it was a joke, so I don't see where that's coming from.
    This "most likely town" is a ridiculous claim. Most likely town depending on what, odds? And if it's such a baseless vote then why bother attempting to draw attention away from him? Why not leave it be? It makes more sense to question you defending someone on Day One than it is to question someone making a baseless accusation on Day One. I mean, why not question any of the other baseless accusations in the first eight pages of this thread?
    Zima's was serious which is what Aku meant. Possible purposefully misinterpreted Aku or accidentally. Anyways since you're saying that to her then why don't you do that yourself?
    On Day One, I don't believe there were any baseless accusations against Aku. That's why I pursued her.

    Quote Originally Posted by Midorikawa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beck
    Quote Originally Posted by Fushimi View Post
    Hm, not going to yet, but I may vote Beck. He's saying he's against a day 1 lynch, and being cautious on lynches... He seemed eager to vote Akuraito though. Also, he's voting against Akuraito because she defended jokool, but he's basically defending Sputnik? That makes little sense to me...
    I am against a Day One lynch, wholeheartedly. Just because I pin another player in the effort to make them talk doesn't mean that I'm bloodthirsty. Frankly I could care less about what anyone has said here but if we don't follow up and ask the questions then we'll never get the answers. And I'm not defending Sputnik, her reasoning for voting Jokool is just as poor as Akuraito's for defending him. They're both at fault, but I don't intend on letting either slide by.

    Don't worry, nothing should make sense on Day One unless you pursue it.
    Bold 1: Funny being earlier he states that he's not for them yet and actually votes Aku with the intention to lynch

    Bold 2: Says that he's not letting either slide by, yet he doesn't question Zima at all and instead actually agrees with her multiple times.
    I'm not for a random lynch. But I did vote for Aku, yes. Now, how could you possibly know my intentions of voting for her? You're putting words into my mouth. I had absolutely no intentions of letting my vote rest on Aku to see her lynched. In fact, if I really wanted to lynch her because I felt she was guilty, all I had to do was leave my vote and there wouldn't have been a tie. But I didn't. Why? Because I didn't want to lynch her at random. Did we realistically have enough evidence on Day One to lynch her? Not at all. But there was no harm in questioning a questionable defense of hers (and yes, it was, if even indirectly, a form of defense for jokool).

    I didn't question Zima because all she did was accuse jokool at random, with no reasoning other than "his joking is suspicious." That's a stupid reason to accuse someone and I wasn't going to question why. But who did question that? Aku. And that's why I pursued her. Now, if I had questioned Zima's pointless finger of suspicion, I would have had to question every other stupid accusation in those first eight pages.

    Quote Originally Posted by Midorikawa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beck View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Midorikawa View Post
    I don't see how Aku defended him either. Jumping on jokool for defending himself seems more suspicious to me as does all of Sputnik's behavior. Beck I can't say much on. They seem to be hypocrytical, yet say they aren't voting for anything more than pressure.
    Sputnik's poor reasoning is suspicious as well. But that being said, everything is poor reasoning because we have nothing tangible to work with. I don't mean to defend anyone just yet, and I also don't mean to accuse anyone. Don't think I have anything against Aku because I don't. And even if she's acting suspicious it still doesn't warrant lynching her. That being said I'll take a step back and Vote: No Lynch again. I don't want to rustle anymore feathers if others are going to question my forwardness.

    Unvote: Aku
    Vote: No Lynch
    This was after Fushimi and I, and I believe others said what we saw. He suddenly sees Aku as not suspicious when a bunch of others don't see her as such.
    Yeah? I didn't find her as suspicious after she answered my questions, which she did convincingly. Why quarrel with her any further? Wait, that's right. Because I knew we didn't have enough evidence to bury her on Day One, so I kept my promise and decided to No Lynch. How am I in any form hypocritical? I did what I said I would do, and Aku flipped Town. She may not have seemed inoccent, but she wasn't in any way guilty enough to be lynched on Day One, mind you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Midorikawa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beck View Post
    Well to my knowledge Master Mew, Aku, and Human are all tied with two votes. Unless that changes before ten then we won't be going anywhere. So either we make a move now or we wait another night.

    Also, for the record, Joltik hasn't confirmed or posted (ITT). I'm not suggesting we lynch her, but keep that in mind. And unless Jokool posts again there's no reason to worry about him. There's now much more drama than needed, especially when he's not even a part of it. Laying too low for my liking but that's no reason to attack him.
    More hypocritical controversy. Says against the lynch of Aku and then suggests lynching one of the three.
    Woah, woah, woah. Hypocritical controversy? What? That doesn't even make sense and is being used completely out of context. It wasn't hypocritical because I didn't vote, and I felt no reason to pursue any of the three in question because I wasn't getting any vibes. And please explain to me how any of that was controversial. I first restated the Vote Count. We had a tie; fact. Either we made a lynch (which I had no intentions of starting, as we had no tangible evidence) or we left it to a tie; fact. I was afraid to do that again because the result of Day One's lynch was unfortunate, was it not? I was trying to generate conversation. I even said that there was no reason to make any attempts at attacking these players without any further evidence. Am I wrong in thinking that, too?

    Quote Originally Posted by Midorikawa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beck View Post
    I'm going to come right up front and say that I don't have any special voting power. I was just as surprised about Aku's lynch. I even said a few pages back that if we want anything done then we need to break the tie. From page 10:

    Quote Originally Posted by Beck View Post
    Well to my knowledge Master Mew, Aku, and Human are all tied with two votes. Unless that changes before ten then we won't be going anywhere. So either we make a move now or we wait another night.

    Also, for the record, Joltik hasn't confirmed or posted (ITT). I'm not suggesting we lynch her, but keep that in mind. And unless Jokool posts again there's no reason to worry about him. There's now much more drama than needed, especially when he's not even a part of it. Laying too low for my liking but that's no reason to attack him.
    I don't have any idea who could be guilty, at least not at the moment. I do not think that lynching Zima just yet will get us anywhere. She's claimed her role and we don't have any evidence to reject that other than suspicion. I'm not saying she isn't guilty, I'm saying that by the end of this phase we need to find her actually guilty of something (other than being shady) or we need to focus our efforts on someone else.
    Said earlier that he wasn't letting Zima or Aku off yet, he practically let's Zima off here.
    There is a difference between practically letting off and letting off. I didn't pursue her because, like I said, Zima had roleclaimed. Did we have any reason to reject that claim? I mean other than suspicion, of course. I could have voted for her to get her to explain her role in more detail, or what have you, but then you would have just called me a hypocrite for using my power to vote. I didn't let her off, but how could I have questioned her further?

    Quote Originally Posted by Midorikawa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beck View Post
    In which case we need to break the tie. Any ideas? From what I've read we don't have enough reason to vote either other than based on speculation. So no lynch, or can we draw any other players out of the shadows?
    Cause you know you don't have the ability to do that, just all of the townies other than you. Guess you're just our boss that sits back and orders us.

    @Buoy; My reasoning
    Now you're being rude. There's no penalty in trying to generate conversation, unless I missed that rule in the first post. Enlighten me? How does that question of mine indicate that I'm scum? I think that if I was a player sitting back in the shadows then I would be more likely to be scum. But instead I asked a question that didn't need to be asked.

    I appreciate the questioning because it makes me accountable for my actions and words, but I honestly think you're grasping at straws.

  15. #270
    I'm a servant of the lord Midorikawa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    In fields of grey
    Posts
    10,564
    Blog Entries
    18

    Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Atelier Arland Mafia - Day 3 (Dance, Puppet, Dance) - 1/19

    Quote Originally Posted by Beck View Post

    I used my name in place of someone else's in an attempt to not accuse anyone or make anyone else uncomfortable. I also said "for example," insinuating that it was just an example. I haven't up to this point been in any danger of being lynched so why make a post acting concerned? Also, I regularly play that once a majority of votes is reached then the player on the chopping block is lynched. I wanted to clarify. And I think that the concern I showed would make me less suspicious than more suspicious. But that may just have been from my point of view.
    Okay. Just a note it should say in the rules if that happens with voting.

    Quote Originally Posted by Midorikawa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beck View Post
    I'm going to Vote: Abstain on Day 1. I don't want to point any fingers just yet, I still don't know many of your playing styles.
    Note this post.
    Okay. Noted.
    Wonderful another sarcastic player

    Quote Originally Posted by Midorikawa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beck View Post
    Yeah, I meant no lynch. I'm not a fan of randomly lynching someone, at least not yet.
    Note the bold. That's controversial in itself. What did you mean by this?
    Noted. And no, it's not as controversial as you may think. On Day One, the odds of a member of Town being lynched is high. Albeit not definite, but high. I normally prefer not to lynch randomly in the hopes that a Cop might gather some information before we lay someone to rest. The latter half of the sentence, "at least not yet" means that, like I said, I'm not opposed to randomly lynching someone, but it makes no sense to do so on Day One.
    Day one is the day for a random lynch because it gives information to help the town get a start. There should be no random lynching afterwards being that will hurt town.


    What I said is true. I can't make a decision to lynch or not to lynch another player solely on their actions in another Mafia. That's why I said it made no sense to claim anyone as innocent or even guilty on Day One. Realistically, can you determine anyone's roles on Day One based upon his or her actions in a prior game of Mafia? If you can then you might have done so already. And I didn't vote until I had a better idea of how the game was being played. In fact, I didn't vote for the sake of voting, but rather for the sake of getting answers. And did I not get answers? It wasn't hypocritical in the least.
    You just assume Human was basing his information off of her behavior when it was obvious to several others that Aku was acting town. As I said before, players have set styles. And what do you know, Aku was town.

    Quote Originally Posted by Midorikawa View Post

    For starters Aku wasn't defending jokool, just questioning Zima. Second he says here that he's against random lynching yet posts earlier said he doesn't want to random lynch yet.
    If you say so. And huh? You just agreed with me. I first said that I'm against random lynching on Day One, which I am, then you say that I don't want to random lynch yet, which I didn't. That's exactly what I said and meant to say. I don't like to lynch anyone randomly. And by randomly, if it's not clear, I mean without any reason whatsoever.
    Good job on twisting my words.I'm pointing out that in one post you say you're entirely against it, and in another that you're against it for the moment. On another note there's always a reason for a lynch, even random ones. Without knowing the players alignment there is a chance that they're mafia.

    Quote Originally Posted by Beck View Post
    Okay then. And I apologize. It's the truth, though. Sticking your head out in the open, even if you're joking, can get you lynched. That's why a No Lynch is better.
    And sitting around doing nothing does no good to town. Aku was scumhunting.

    Quote Originally Posted by Midorikawa View Post

    Zima's was serious which is what Aku meant. Possible purposefully misinterpreted Aku or accidentally. Anyways since you're saying that to her then why don't you do that yourself?
    On Day One, I don't believe there were any baseless accusations against Aku. That's why I pursued her.
    When did I say you said that? You said if she was going to question Zima's baseless accusation then she should question everyone else. Again, Zima's was serious. And on another note that last part of my post was since you were telling Aku to question all the joke votes, then why don't you question them?


    I'm not for a random lynch. But I did vote for Aku, yes. Now, how could you possibly know my intentions of voting for her? You're putting words into my mouth. I had absolutely no intentions of letting my vote rest on Aku to see her lynched. In fact, if I really wanted to lynch her because I felt she was guilty, all I had to do was leave my vote and there wouldn't have been a tie. But I didn't. Why? Because I didn't want to lynch her at random. Did we realistically have enough evidence on Day One to lynch her? Not at all. But there was no harm in questioning a questionable defense of hers (and yes, it was, if even indirectly, a form of defense for jokool).

    I didn't question Zima because all she did was accuse jokool at random, with no reasoning other than "his joking is suspicious." That's a stupid reason to accuse someone and I wasn't going to question why. But who did question that? Aku. And that's why I pursued her. Now, if I had questioned Zima's pointless finger of suspicion, I would have had to question every other stupid accusation in those first eight pages.
    Don't have to vote to question and as for questioning Zima, you said you weren't going to let her by yet you didn't question her. Aku was brave enough to question her about a serious vote. Catching the serious votes from joke votes is something good to do.



    Yeah? I didn't find her as suspicious after she answered my questions, which she did convincingly. Why quarrel with her any further? Wait, that's right. Because I knew we didn't have enough evidence to bury her on Day One, so I kept my promise and decided to No Lynch. How am I in any form hypocritical? I did what I said I would do, and Aku flipped Town. She may not have seemed inoccent, but she wasn't in any way guilty enough to be lynched on Day One, mind you.
    There's always enough evidence. Her reactions could have been jumpy or something similar. Pressure can bring out true nature of a player.

    Yes Aku flipped town, and you made sure to unvote her and vote no lynch


    Woah, woah, woah. Hypocritical controversy? What? That doesn't even make sense and is being used completely out of context. It wasn't hypocritical because I didn't vote, and I felt no reason to pursue any of the three in question because I wasn't getting any vibes. And please explain to me how any of that was controversial. I first restated the Vote Count. We had a tie; fact. Either we made a lynch (which I had no intentions of starting, as we had no tangible evidence) or we left it to a tie; fact. I was afraid to do that again because the result of Day One's lynch was unfortunate, was it not? I was trying to generate conversation. I even said that there was no reason to make any attempts at attacking these players without any further evidence. Am I wrong in thinking that, too?
    Got the definition mixed up of controversial. Though everything is debatable so it's still controversial.

    There are plenty of ways to generate conversation. Voting doesn't have to be used to do so. Voting does not have to be used to question. Continuing questioning a player despite not having much can bring out more information easily.


    There is a difference between practically letting off and letting off. I didn't pursue her because, like I said, Zima had roleclaimed. Did we have any reason to reject that claim? I mean other than suspicion, of course. I could have voted for her to get her to explain her role in more detail, or what have you, but then you would have just called me a hypocrite for using my power to vote. I didn't let her off, but how could I have questioned her further?
    Well for starters she could be lying about her role because mafia do that to avoid suspicion.



    Now you're being rude. There's no penalty in trying to generate conversation, unless I missed that rule in the first post. Enlighten me? How does that question of mine indicate that I'm scum? I think that if I was a player sitting back in the shadows then I would be more likely to be scum. But instead I asked a question that didn't need to be asked.

    I appreciate the questioning because it makes me accountable for my actions and words, but I honestly think you're grasping at straws.
    Never said that question proved you as scum. That one was for myself, and I was being sarcastic because I'm fed up with seeing people say we need to do this, yet they never do anything to try to do that thing when they can.

Page 18 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •