Mafia: Ape Escape Mafia: End Game (8/19/12) Mafia Win - Page 20

Page 20 of 47 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: Ape Escape Mafia: End Game (8/19/12) Mafia Win

Follow Momoka on Tumblr

Default Re: Ape Escape Mafia: Day 3 (7/25/12) Collision

She was indeed a random kill, but I'm also glad they got out an independent and not another townie.

all my life I've tried to hide what history has given me

Rock of Ages! Zenax's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Zenax on Tumblr

In my personal opinion that didn't warrant such a post. What I think happened here is that following the argument from last day, you decided to kill Lithuania since if one of you died, the spotlight would fall on the other. That is indeed tantamount to suicide, strategically-wise. Assuming you were both town/independent, an intelligent mafia would have left the both of you alive and let the town lynch one of the two today and killed the other tonight, or even kill someone else and let the town mislynch yet another innocent. Killing one of you two last night was a terrible move because they're potentially saving themselves one mislynch from the town's behalf. So for that, I seriously doubt that they would have killed one of you if you were both not mafia. Now, if one of you was mafia and the other independent (in this case, you and Lithuania respectively), yesterday's argument would have kept on today and one of you would have ended up gotten lynched. If you, we would have had a cleared independent and a dead mafia. If her, we would have had confirmation of you being mafia and we could have lynched you tomorrow. No matter what, it was a lose-lose situation for the mafia. Killing Lithuania and freaking out can be a last attempt you've tried to get the spotlight away from you, because what kind of mafia would kill someone they got in an argument with the day prior, right.

Vote: Belarus. Feel free to prove me wrong.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

In my personal opinion that didn't warrant such a post.
    I tend to overreact when I'm scared. I'm very paranoid and freak out easily when something's important to me...As I'm sure you can guess by now.

And this is exactly what I was expecting, hence the freakout.

*sigh*

My claim. Randomly-chosen JOAT. I'm willing to give my list of abilites if you want it, public or private.

A common mafia ability is silencing, right? It makes sense for me to have that as an ability choice if I were mafia. Of course, there's the luck factor... But then we have a confirmed mafia, the professor, who makes/gives out the gadgets. Considering that, he would have some sort of related ability to mine. An option...forcing the ability I got to be something else. Then, would I have not chosen silencing instead of screwing myself over and killing her?

Any mafia member would want to kill one of us so the other wasn't cleared when one died. It's a smart move for them, since I'm pretty sure they'd expect one of you to say something like this and leave me in a place where I can't defend myself too well... Let's be honest, here, Lithuania is hell of a better player than me. She can do offense and defense, while I'm horridly weak in both catagories. Get the bigger threat out first, while leaving the weaker to the...well, lack of a better term, sharks.

To be perfectly honest, this is probably just playing right into the mafia's hand... Get the two JOATs out in two phases. How nice for them.

Rock of Ages! Zenax's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Zenax on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Belarus. View Post
    My claim. Randomly-chosen JOAT. I'm willing to give my list of abilites if you want it, public or private.
    Feel free to claim to me what those abilities are privately, but that's not so important. Still, I'm interested how your role works. Do you get a new ability every nights? Which roles did you get on night 1 and 2?

A common mafia ability is silencing, right? It makes sense for me to have that as an ability choice if I were mafia. Of course, there's the luck factor...
    That sounds like I tend to do as mafia; take your role and twist it to make something else out of it. That usually makes for pretty believable fake claims.

But then we have a confirmed mafia, the professor, who makes/gives out the gadgets. Considering that, he would have some sort of related ability to mine. An option...forcing the ability I got to be something else. Then, would I have not chosen silencing instead of screwing myself over and killing her?
    I don't really see how you would have been saved if Lithuania was silenced. Depending on your reaction to it the town would most likely have went after you or her anyway.

Any mafia member would want to kill one of us so the other wasn't cleared when one died. It's a smart move for them, since I'm pretty sure they'd expect one of you to say something like this and leave me in a place where I can't defend myself too well... Let's be honest, here, Lithuania is hell of a better player than me. She can do offense and defense, while I'm horridly weak in both catagories. Get the bigger threat out first, while leaving the weaker to the...well, lack of a better term, sharks.
    But like I explained above killing one of you last night just takes away the chance of killing another innocent, so it would have been a stupid move from them anyway.

To be perfectly honest, this is probably just playing right into the mafia's hand... Get the two JOATs out in two phases. How nice for them.
    Neither of the people who died last night were JOATs and killing one of you two last night like what just happened is only helpful to the town in the long run, so I don't think the mafia planned this.

Either way, I'd like to have everyone's opinion on this.

Goodbye friends, I'll miss you all <3
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Ape Escape Mafia: Night 2 (7/24/12) Tension Rises

Last edited by Luminosity; 26th July 2012 at 05:09 AM.

Blog Entries

@Luminosity; It's been a long, LONG time since I played the first Ape Escape (Well, it's the only one), but if I remember correctly, Jake uses Gadgets in the GauntletRace type things against you.

Now, I'm wondering here.... if Jake is in this game, I'd think he would be another independent, but if he isn't, the only logical JOAT would be whatever this new main character is. And I sure as hell don't need to point the alignment out there.

Thus, Vote: Belarus.

Goodbye friends, I'll miss you all <3
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Dante View Post
    Luminosity It's been a long, LONG time since I played the first Ape Escape (Well, it's the only one), but if I remember correctly, Jake uses Gadgets in the GauntletRace type things against you.

Now, I'm wondering here.... if Jake is in this game, I'd think he would be another independent, but if he isn't, the only logical JOAT would be whatever this new main character is. And I sure as hell don't need to point the alignment out there.

Thus, Vote: Belarus.
    Thanks! I found him using a fan/propeller thingy in one race on YouTube and some gadget to help him swim in another.

I think it's most likely for Jake to be independent as well (he doesn't actually do anything in Ape Escape 2 and he's Spike's best friend). And Belarus. hasn't said she's independent, so yeah Jimmy is who I'm thinking she likely could be (whose voice actor seems to be the same as Ash Ketchum's...so weird).

Blog Entries

Yup. I just find it unlikely that Jake even is in the game if he only appears in flashbacks though.

shhhhh.
    Blog Entries

Follow Parma on Tumblr

Oh look what I found

Jake - Ape Escape Wiki

According to this, in the first ape escape game, jake was in specter's control for most of the game. Make of this what you will.

In the belarus matter, i think that her insisting that she and lithuania not having an alliance and subsequently fake revealing of a quicktopic is just weird talking.

For this, vote: belarus.
    the vile, wandering one sneaks up

Super Moderator Paperhorse's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Paperhorse on Tumblr

Can you explain this a bit more please? Are you given a new ability once a night, or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Lithuania
    I am the most broken Jack-of-all-trades ever. XD

I can Roleblock, Evade a night action, cancel a vote, get a picture of a role, can spy, watch, double a vote, remove doctor protection, and vig-kill, one time each. :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nytie
    That... actually makes me doubt Gengar's claim less :/ Good to know though.
    I'm going to look so mafia if he turns out to be town XD So was your night action evasion used up when you were attacked?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithuania
    No actually. XD

I forgot to mention my one-time lynch-immunity and used up nightkill-immunity.

If I don't survive to endgame, I will be so surprised. XD
    ^These are the PMs where Lithuania claimed to me. I only revealed her role name and not her ability yesterday at her request.

As to the nightkills, Gengar's flipping town makes me pretty sure that Belarus. is mafia.
    Vote: Belarus.

EDIT: @Parma; Jake being in Specter's control might mean that he's town in this instance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zima
    My childhood just had a gun shoved up its ass.

Blog Entries

Follow Hitomi on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Zenax
    So if you see her as a townie, why would you post that post asking why the hell they would kill an independent?
    I see her as a townie, sure, but... For the mafia, she's not a direct enemy; she can scumhunt all she wants, but in the end, with her alignment... It doesn't affect their numbers, so she wasn't a needed kill.
    Funny thing about independents - they're neither town nor mafia. They will side with either, or neither, or both, to fulfill their win requirement(s). So if the mafia felt that she was a threat to them, in any way, regardless of alignment, they would kill her.

Considering that, he would have some sort of related ability to mine. An option...forcing the ability I got to be something else. Then, would I have not chosen silencing instead of screwing myself over and killing her?
    It's very possible you knew she was a JOAT - through claim or rolecheck or otherwise - and decided that was more of a threat than you anticipated. Your magically disappearing QT is suspicious as well. If she claimed to you, as she did to Nytie, that she was a "Roleblock, Evade a night action, cancel a vote, get a picture of a role, can spy, watch, double a vote, remove doctor protection, and vig-kill, one time each" JOAT (which really is a jack of all trades...) what on earth would compel the mafia to let her live? And really, I feel that in the interests of balancing roles, why not give the mafia its own JOAT?

Vote: Belarus

Follow Momoka on Tumblr

Given Belarus. reaction and her defense of why she said it, I have to agree that this might be the best choice;

all my life I've tried to hide what history has given me

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

I'm going to edit this as I reread through the posts...So...yeah...

Also, I kinda assumed you'd think I was independent, considering my claim. ^^;

EDIT:

Yeah, okay, I think that's it... :/
    Last edited by Akuraito; 26th July 2012 at 12:49 PM.

Blog Entries

I'm not 100% about this vote, but we need to get shit done.

Page 20 of 47 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast