Mafia: American Revolution Mafia - ENDGAME: Indpendence Now, Indpendence Forever - Page 57
Page 57 of 60 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast

Thread: American Revolution Mafia - ENDGAME: Indpendence Now, Indpendence Forever

Default Re: American Revolution Mafia - Day 9 [7/14]: The Battle of Bunker Hill

I wasn't gonna change my vote anyway, but I can't wait to see what Joltik finds.

Blog Entries

Ok, the uploader is giving me an error, but if you compare the avatar on the fake PMs to the real avatar, you can see that there is not enough space for another line of text. She's lying about having her person in the PM.

Blog Entries

Follow FinalArcadia on Tumblr Visit FinalArcadia's Youtube Channel

@Joltik, you are AWESOME. Nice catch!

Well then, that settles things, doesn't it?

Blog Entries

The night seven bit could come from her being a Role checker, or she asked a question about that night. She also seemed to eager to show it too us.

Blog Entries

Role checker seems like a likely possibility.

Blog Entries

Follow Hitomi on Tumblr

Default Re: American Revolution Mafia - ENDGAME: Indpendence Now, Indpendence Forever

Something has happened.

October 19, 1781
    Yorktown, Virginia

Charles Cornwallis gazed out at the water. Even from this distance he could see the last vestiges of hope for an escape vanishing before him. Too much had been left up to favorable winds, but this time, as in so many other cases over the course of this war, fate - or chance, or Divine Providence - had abandoned the British, and favored the ill-trained, ill-equipped rabble of misfits and farmers that had taken up arms defending some convoluted sense of "liberty" and their treason they passed off as "independence."

Fate, luck, or acts of God aside, victory had been fully possible until the French got their noses in it. His current predicament would not exist if not for the French navy showing up ahead of the ships he had banked on to escape from this Godforsaken Virginian peninsula. With Washington boxing him in by land and the French bombarding his would-be rescuers at sea, Cornwallis didn't see how he was going to be able to escape this. After months of chasing Nathanael Greene and his army around the South, after months of being the pursuer, it rankled him that here he was, trapped by his prey. His attempts to drive back the Franco-American force and end the siege of Yorktown met with failure.

He had been forced to surrender to George Washington and his rabble-in-arms.

His earlier actions in the war haunted him, where he and Clinton had denied American General Benjamin Lincoln any honors of war in his surrender of Charleston. Washington had refused to grant Cornwallis any honors of war in return.

His hands gripped his chair. He couldn't face that. Feigning sickness was the only way he could avoid having to look General Washington in the face as he surrendered his sword. It hurt, really, to be forced to surrender to a man like that.

---

Washington refused to take the sword from General O'Hara. With a wordless motion, he gestured instead at Benjamin Lincoln to take it. Lincoln had been through this ceremony before, after the siege of Charleston. Only, instead of him handing his sword to Clinton and Cornwallis as his men were denied the honors of surrender, he took the sword of Cornwallis as the British marched in shame, throwing down their weapons in a ceremony where they were allowed no honors of war.

---

The war, though ongoing for two more years, was effectively decided that day at Yorktown, Virginia. French, British, and American diplomats worked to create a treaty not only ending the war, but forcing Britain to acknowledge American independence.

The war was over. But America had a long road ahead of it to choose how it was to govern itself.

---

April 30, 1789
    New York City

The streets surrounding Federal Hall were packed with people clamoring to catch a glimpse of the Hero of the Revolution, the venerated George Washington, as he became the first President of the United States under the new Constitution. The Man Who Could Be King had instead turned over his commission as General Washington, Commander-in-Chief of the Army, and chose to live out the rest of his life as simply George Washington, Virginia planter. But duty to his country called, and he found himself dressed in good American clothes, his right hand on the Bible, as Robert Livingston read him the oath of office.

I, George Washington, do solemnly swear...

It had been a difficult road to succeeding in their Revolution. They were, as Thomas Paine put it, the times that tried men's souls, and no one's soul had been as tried as his.

that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States

He had watched many good men die; he had doubted whether he was capable of doing what everyone had believed he could do. It was an impossible task, it seemed, but somehow he had managed to hold the army together. Somehow, America was able to achieve independence.

and will to the best of my ability

The end of the war had brought more problems than anyone could have foreseen; he found himself unwillingly dragged back into politics after desiring nothing more than to settle down with his wife at Mount Vernon and return to a peaceful life as a planter.

preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.

He had witnessed the failure of the Articles of Confederation. He had seen the bitter enmity between former friends arise over whether to make the new government more centrally powerful or retain all power in the states. He saw firsthand as president of the Constitutional Convention just how much the idea of a centralized government terrified people. How it was a return to the same monarchy they had just fought to overthrow. How George Washington might be a just president, but what about the next man?

It had been nothing short of a miracle, from the Revolution all the way to the Constitution. And the man who stood central to it all stood on the balcony of Federal Hall in front of thousands of people, his hand resting on a Bible as he finished the ritual devised for this next calling in his life. Livingston opened his mouth after Washington had finished the proscribed oath, but Washington, possibly for the first time in his public life, spoke first.

So help me God.

Livingston's surprise changed to admiration as he watched Washington bend down to kiss the Bible. Nearby, he heard John Adams whisper, "It is done."

"Long live George Washington, President of the United States!"

As the sound of the thirteen gun salute - one gun representing each state in the Union - filled the air, and as people screamed and cheered and clamored for a view of him, Washington stood on the balcony, knowing that though they had achieved independence, there was much to be done to make America a respected nation, a haven for freedom.

Endgame.

---

Congrats, America! You have achieved independence!

---

Remaining roles:

Joltik,

Feralize,

Smasher 101,

Greece,

Luminosity,

FinalArcadia,

Russia.,

HilbertCressLover,

Buoy,

---

QuickTopics:

British HQ - QuickTopic free message board hosting

Old North Church - QuickTopic free message board hosting

The American Alliance - QuickTopic free message board hosting

Russian Americans - QuickTopic free message board hosting

---

Timeline:

---

Feel free to post stuff about the fact that I overpowered the town again ;_;

Also praise my flavor text writing skillz

assuming you read the flavor texts ever

which you should have because i didn't write them for my health you know

also, learning
    Last edited by Hitomi; 15th July 2012 at 12:43 AM.

That was awesome town. AWESOME performance, and I wasn't even an American. XD

Good job my fellow, British, we did well.

It was a really fun game, really great. And really great flavor text, Hitomi!

I got a letter... The name on the envelope said... Mary... my wife's name.

Blog Entries

Default Re: American Revolution Mafia - ENDGAME: Indpendence Now, Indpendence Forever

It's really over!? Wow, I was all ready to send in my "Commute" PM!! XD

Thank you so much for the great game, Hitomi! The flavor text was fantastic (really!), and honestly, I feel like it'll help me in future history classes. ^^

VICTORY TASTES DELICIOUS.

Blog Entries

Good job, Americans! I may be British in the game, but I'm always American at heart. <3

Thank you for letting me play, Hitomi. You hosted a fabulous game, and the flavor text was always magnificent. :)

Blog Entries

Yay! My 4th victory!!

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Thanks for letting me play, Hitomi! :D I had a lot of fun being doctor although I was horrible at it.

I was honestly surprised I wasn't killed earlier.

Yay! Good game! Great flavor text, Hitomi!

cheese! Insanish Danish's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Insanish Danish on Tumblr

Great job, America, and great game British! XD

This was a really fantastic game and I absolutely loved the flavor text, so thanks for letting me play, Hitomi!
    back to being a non-edible pastry

Excellent game, Hitomi ^^ Loved the flavor text and the game (even though I never used my role)!

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Wait, don't kill Luminosity.

Kill: Russia*

She must never survive till endgame. ;D

I can't wait till she reads this.
    WHAT

DANG IT CANADA*

D:

...I can't believe there are no posts in there about how obvious I was...

No, seriously, though... ;_; If I had died because they could guess I wasn't protecting myself, okay. But some random kill... :c

Page 57 of 60 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast