Mafia: American Revolution Mafia - ENDGAME: Indpendence Now, Indpendence Forever - Page 29

Page 29 of 60 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
Like Tree218Likes

Thread: American Revolution Mafia - ENDGAME: Indpendence Now, Indpendence Forever

Blog Entries

Default Re: American Revolution Mafia - Day 3 [7/1]: My Dear General

Quote Originally Posted by The Puppetmaster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenax View Post
    How common is it for a mafia member to argue against a bandwagon on his or her teammate when it's obvious there's no way to change peoples' minds?
    Not common at all.
    Then wouldn't it be logical for me to jump on the Flame_ bandwagon if I were mafia rather than question it?
    I've seen people do that to try to put doubt in peoples' minds in an attempt to stop the bandwagon.

Rock of Ages! Zenax's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Zenax on Tumblr

Then wouldn't it be logical for me to jump on the Flame_ bandwagon if I were mafia rather than question it?
    As mafia, yes. A townie could not like the bandwagon and do exactly what you've done, i.e question it and not join it even if they would say that the target is suspicious.

What I'm getting at is that it's very possible that you might have taken a risk by doing that to help your credibility later on, which is exactly what is happening right now.

Blog Entries

What I'm getting at is that it's very possible that you might have taken a risk by doing that to help your credibility later on, which is exactly what is happening right now.
    Except I'm not using my last line of that post "though I do find him suspicious" or whatever I said as a reason for my credibility; I'm using the fact I didn't jump on the bandwagon when I could have and not be in this mess at all if I were mafia (which I didn't do) as a reason. It's not the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Feralize View Post
    How common is it for a mafia member to argue against a bandwagon on his or her teammate when it's obvious there's no way to change peoples' minds?
    Not common at all.
    I've seen people do that to try to put doubt in peoples' minds in an attempt to stop the bandwagon.
    How exactly would one go about doing that on day one when there's little to no evidence against anybody in the game? More importantly, why would I take that chance if I were mafia? If I were mafia, I would have taken the easy way out, jumped on the Flame_ bandwagon, and said, "Sorry, sucker, you're on your own."

But I didn't because I thought the evidence against him was weak, not because I'm mafia.

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Guys seriously, if you're arguing over this because of my comment, you're taking it waaaaaaay out of context.

Also am I the only one who missed the part where Insanish Danish didn't defend herself at all and people changed their votes from her anyway without so much as a role claim? I mean, if she's too busy with other mafias to post in this one then we should probably just lighten her load anyway, right?
    Last edited by TheMissingno.; 2nd July 2012 at 06:12 PM.
    That's nice.

Super Moderator Paperhorse's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Paperhorse on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by TheMissingno. View Post

Paperhorse, I expect you to explain yourself. Providing a screencap of that PM you got from Flame_ perhaps. If I change my vote at this point, it will probably be to you.
    I never got a pm from Flame_. As I said in my post:

(He didn't PM me, btw)
    There is just so much evidence against Puppet. He's been trying to stay under the radar since day 1, and I know he is usually more active as town. Also, I would never bus my teammates as mafia, as I can't stand bussing. So, if he flips mafia, that will give you enough reasons to know that I am town.

If he flips town, then I made a huge mistake, simple as that.

Goodbye friends, I'll miss you all <3
    Blog Entries

Vote: Arcturus

I understand he joined a mob aiming to kill the gov'r but did not take part in the decision to kill Genl. Arnold.
    What if the bolded statement is referencing someone who did not post at all Day 1?

All these people voted for HCL: Zenax, Russia*, Feralize, Buoy, Greece, TheMissingno., Arcturus, The Puppetmaster, FinalArcadia, Paperhorse, Mr. Fahrenheit, Russia., Insanish Danish, Luminosity, Smasher 101

How many didn't post Day 1?
    Arcturus

Quote Originally Posted by Arcturus View Post
    I dunno what's going on...

Vote: HilbertCressLover

Because I'm too lazy to look around and I need to do something game-related...
    Yeah...that's a little suspicious.

I doubt people will just jump off The Puppetwagon, so I'll just say that if I'm wrong and The Puppetmaster is Brant (the mafioso the message is about), well I guess I over thought things xD

i wANNA BE A HETALIA TOO Umeko's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Umeko On Twitter
    Follow Umeko on Tumblr Visit Umeko's Youtube Channel

Pretty much done rereading the thread, and yeah, I'm keeping my vote on Puppetmaster. The way he tried to defend HCL at first kind of reeks of "I know this person's innocent so I'm going to try and make myself look like the good guy when they flip town" sort of scummy action. At least, that's what stuck out to me...

I don't mind going after Arcturus next day phase though, unless some better lead pops up.

Hitomi's Bulbahusband Mr. Fahrenheit's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Unvote:Insanish Danish

Change of mind.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

UNVOTE: Insanish Danish

VOTE: The Puppetmaster

Wynaut, I guess...?

Vote Tally:

The Puppetmaster: VIII (Paperhorse, FinalArcadia, HilbertCressLover Zenax, Umeko, NfiNity, Feralize)
    Insanish Danish: II (TheMissingno., Russia.)
    Arcturus: I (Luminosity)

Blog Entries

Follow Hitomi on Tumblr

Default Re: American Revolution Mafia - Night 3 [7/3]: The Battle of Germantown

Something has happened!

Washington surveyed the fortified stone mansion from a safe distance. He had a plan to force a total British surrender – after Saratoga, another defeat of the British could very well end the war, not to mention he had intelligence that the man they were looking for had moved south into Pennsylvania – but that house… It would be difficult to launch his attack if the British were allowed to hold such a heavily fortified house, but taking the house would be a challenge in itself.

“What do you think, General Knox?” he asked his portly officer.

Knox considered it. “It seems like it would be difficult to execute this plan if we’re flanked from the rear by the soldiers holed up in the house.”

“I trust your judgment, General,” Washington said. “Prepare the infantry.”

---

Knox groaned in frustration as the light infantry failed to significantly damage the stone fortifications. So far, his plan was not going so well. The distant sound of gunfire ahead of his infantry suddenly quieted.

“What is Sullivan doing?” Knox muttered. “Why are they not firing?”

A lower officer rushed up to him, clothes and bayonet bloodied. “General Knox, sir, there are too many Redcoats in that house. They’re using bayonets, sir, and not many of us are any good at using a bayonet.”

Knox made a mental note to tell Washington to have the soldiers properly trained in hand-to-hand combat, but for now it was of no use. “Order them to fall back,” he said after a second. “I think the Marylanders under Sullivan are either fleeing or running out of ammunition. We may have to retreat.”

A group of soldiers came up behind their officer.

“I don’t think so, General,” the officer said after a moment.

Knox looked back at him in surprise. “Did you just disobey my order? Why you were storming the house in the first place?” Surprise gave way to suspicion. “I never gave that order to storm the house, Lieutenant.”

The lieutenant clutched his bayonet. “I’m sorry, sir. But we trusted General Arnold, and look what happened. How do we know you won’t lead us the same way? How do we know this entire battle isn’t a way for the British to wipe us out?”

Suspicion turned quickly into quiet rage. “Never… never compare me to that treacherous worm again. I don’t know what lies you’re being fed, Lieutenant, but this mutiny will stop now if I have to hang you from the nearest tree myself.”

“Sorry, sir,” the lieutenant said again. “But we won’t let you do that.”

Knox’s eyes widened as five bayonets pierced him at once. His vision hazed as he lay bleeding on the ground. His eyes followed the men as they rushed away from the battle. His aides were running messages to the other generals. There was no one there to hear his last words.

“I’ve failed you, General.”

The sounds of infantry hammering at the stone house continued.

---

Washington sat at his desk, rubbing his temples in a rare sign of weariness as Hamilton read the casualty report to him. Twice as many losses as the British, hundreds wounded, and over four hundred captured…

Hamilton stopped mid-sentence. “Sir, I believe I should tell you… among the deceased officers…”

Washington knew who it was before Hamilton said the name. His most trusted infantry officer had not met up with him after the retreat. “General Knox.”

Hamilton bowed his head. “He was bayonetted multiple times, General. We believe by mutinying American deserters.” He took a concerned step forward as the general rested his face in his hand, then stopped. Without another word, he slipped back out of the house the general had made into a makeshift headquarters. General Washington needed time to himself.

Fun fact! Knox actually died when a chicken bone lodged in his throat became infected. Such a sad death for such a great man.

It is now Night 3. PLEASE USE YOUR NIGHT ABILITIES AT THIS TIME. The phase will end between 11:30 and midnight EDT (GMT-4) on Tuesday, July 3.
    Last edited by Hitomi; 3rd July 2012 at 12:06 AM.

Blog Entries

A lynch redirector... Dammit.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

...Lynch redirect, yay. v.v;

Well, this pretty much proves TPM mafia...
    Squall Leonhart likes this.

Oh man... Yeah, I think this proves The Puppetmaster is in fact mafia.

Blog Entries

It also proves that they have a lynch redirector. We have to be pretty careful unless it's 1x shot.

Blog Entries

What

>______________________>

Page 29 of 60 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast