Mafia: American Revolution Mafia - ENDGAME: Indpendence Now, Indpendence Forever - Page 18

Page 18 of 60 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
Like Tree218Likes

Thread: American Revolution Mafia - ENDGAME: Indpendence Now, Indpendence Forever

Blog Entries

Follow FinalArcadia on Tumblr Visit FinalArcadia's Youtube Channel

Default Re: American Revolution Mafia - Day 2 [6/28]: The Conqueror of the Old Northwest

@Zenax

Even I'm not really sold that HCL is Thomas Ditson. My issue with the evidence is that I just think it could have a different meaning that it may initially seem. That, and after seeing her role claim, I have a feeling that she IS going to stop the lynch. I don't think she's bluffing.

Rock of Ages! Zenax's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Zenax on Tumblr

Default Re: American Revolution Mafia - Day 2 [6/28]: The Conqueror of the Old Northwest

Quote Originally Posted by FinalArcadia View Post
    @Zenax

Even I'm not really sold that HCL is Thomas Ditson. My issue with the evidence is that I just think it could have a different meaning that it may initially seem. That, and after seeing her role claim, I have a feeling that she IS going to stop the lynch. I don't think she's bluffing.
    It's also possible that she actually has a 1-shot lynch immunity and that she's disguising it as a slightly less typically anti-town role in the Governor, as it causes some confusion. They're essentially the same thing in this situation, and John Malcolm's Wikipedia page (more precisely, what Luminosity found earlier) fits almost perfectly the ability to escape a lynch.

Blog Entries

@Zenax

I get what you're saying, really. I mean, it does make sense. But something about it makes me uneasy. I'll change my vote at the moment, because I still think the votes aren't going to matter anyway, but I don't want to be responsible in case her avoiding a lynch causes the person with the next highest votes to get killed. I voted Arcturus, but I can't say I'm overly confident on that one either.

UNVOTE: Arcturus
    VOTE: HilbertCressLover

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FinalArcadia View Post
    @Zenax

Of course it could have a different meaning, but we need to talk about statistics here. If 99.99% of tar and featherings were done by patriots against the British, then I'm going to associate being tarred and feathered to being British regardless of whether or not there were a couple of exceptions. What you're talking about is known as anecdotal evidence, and it is a logical fallacy.
    That's nice.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheMissingno. View Post
    Of course it could have a different meaning, but we need to talk about statistics here. If 99.99% of tar and featherings were done by patriots against the British, then I'm going to associate being tarred and feathered to being British regardless of whether or not there were a couple of exceptions. What you're talking about is known as anecdotal evidence, and it is a logical fallacy.
    Of course, we also don't know who the informant is. Only Zenax knows that, and unless the informant was cop-checked, even he doesn't know that they are completely trustworthy (although he might, so I'm not saying that for certain). My point is that it probably would be an easy thing to frame someone with, tar and feathers. It requires no specifics, but subtly implies a mafia/British connection.

Rock of Ages! Zenax's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Zenax on Tumblr

Depends. If HCL flips town and her role PM doesn't mention anything about tarring and feathering, I'll have serious doubts about that informant, because it's true that they're not cleared. It would be a pretty stupid move to do as mafia, though, since we could just lynch them tomorrow if we found that they were lying.

Goodbye friends, I'll miss you all <3
    Blog Entries

Just realized that I never actually voted *FAIL stamp*

Vote: HilbertCressLover

For Amurrrrrica!

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

I want to make a Hetalia reference so much.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Russia* View Post
    "Hey, Britain! All I want is my freedom!"

Blog Entries

vote: HilbertCressLover

because yeah.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Russia. View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Russia* View Post
    "Hey, Britain! All I want is my freedom!"
    I already posted that video in my sign-up post. :c

Dear Flonne I love that scene. ;-;

"I'm no longer a child, nor your little brother. From now on, consider me independent!"

Last edited by Akuraito; 1st July 2012 at 04:43 PM.
    Squall Leonhart and Momoka like this.

Super Moderator Paperhorse's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Paperhorse on Tumblr

Reminder:

Quote Originally Posted by Hitomi
    CHATTING. This is a mafia, not a chat thread. Please take all non-relevant discussion to the Situation Room. It gets hard to figure out what’s happening when you have to wade through six pages of chat.
    Follow the rules. Thank you.

Blog Entries

Follow Hitomi on Tumblr

Default Re: American Revolution Mafia - Night 2 [6/30]: Mob Rule

Thanks for being patient, guys! ^^ I'm glad to see that discussion was made with this long day phase. (And clearly people are learning! I like that.)

The angry mob marched through the streets of a Virginian town, determined to find the individual they believed was assisting the British in persecuting Patriots. When they reached the steps of the large building they believed housed him, they came to an abrupt stop as they found him standing at the top of the steps, arms crossed defiantly.

"We're here for you, you Tory sympathizer!" one man yelled.

"I'm a Patriot," the man said calmly. "The very suggestion that I would assist the British in persecuting my countrymen is the worst insult you could offer me."

A few men held up a tub full of a steaming black liquid, and another lifted a sack with feathers sticking out every which-way. "I say we tar him!"

Cries of assent rippled through the mob.

The man took a step down. "I do not tar and feather. I speak only what the people need to hear. What they choose to do with my words, however, be it tarring and feathering or what have you, is up to them."

A few of the townspeople lowered their weapons and looked at each other.

"Maybe... maybe he's right," one said uncertainly.

"We'll let you go for now," said the man with the feathers, "but we'll keep an eye on you. We will not hesitate to return if we believe you were lying."

The man's lips tightened as he gave a curt nod. "Again with the insult, but very well, do as you like." He turned and walked back up the steps into the building, leaving the town stumped.

nothing fun to tell you this time...

It is now Night 2. You may use night actions. The phase will be extended and will end at its normal time on Sunday, July 1 at 10pm EDT (GMT -4).
    Last edited by Hitomi; 30th June 2012 at 02:29 PM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: American Revolution Mafia - Day 3 [6/30]: Mob Rule

I'm confused... The title says it's day 3, but the above post says it's night 2... Hmm...

Blog Entries

Default Re: American Revolution Mafia - Day 3 [6/30]: Mob Rule

She really wasn't bluffing about avoiding the lynch, was she?

Page 18 of 60 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast