Mafia: American Revolution Mafia - ENDGAME: Indpendence Now, Indpendence Forever - Page 13

Page 13 of 60 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Like Tree218Likes

Thread: American Revolution Mafia - ENDGAME: Indpendence Now, Indpendence Forever

shhhhh.
    Blog Entries

Follow Parma on Tumblr

Default Re: American Revolution Mafia - Night 1 [6/27]: Turncoat Redcoat

@Luminosity;

Yeah. Only way you'll be proven is if someone checks you.

@Russia.;

You never thought that you would be looked upon with suspicion if you didn't post a reason? how is that possible?
    the vile, wandering one sneaks up

Blog Entries

Follow Hitomi on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Hitomi View Post
    Seeing as it's not really very important, and how it doesn't really make any difference on the outcome/progression on the game, yes, Flame converted before the game started.

the flavor text was historically accurate up until Arnold was killed; in reality, he escaped and became a British general, as you see in the role PM flavor text
    It seems there's still some misunderstanding about what I said, so I might add that all I will say on the matter is this: as I have not said anything else regarding his role other than that he used his ability at game start as evidenced by his alignment being British, any conjecture as to whether or not he and the mafia were aware of each other is and has always been unconfirmed by me and are up to your interpretation.

Okay, carry on.

Follow Momoka on Tumblr

I know things have been said about the cop checking HCL and others, but how will we know if they come up as town if none of us have any contact with the cop? I mean, unless the cop has contacted one of us.

all my life I've tried to hide what history has given me

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NfiNity View Post
    I know things have been said about the cop checking HCL and others, but how will we know if they come up as town if none of us have any contact with the cop? I mean, unless the cop has contacted one of us.
    We'll have to wait until the next night if (s)he doesn't check a mafia that night, I think.

EDIT:

Unless they want to put themselves out as cop so early in the game. :/
    Last edited by Akuraito; 27th June 2012 at 05:15 PM.

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Seeing as it's not really very important, and how it doesn't really make any difference on the outcome/progression on the game, yes, Flame converted before the game started.

the flavor text was historically accurate up until Arnold was killed; in reality, he escaped and became a British general, as you see in the role PM flavor text
    It seems there's still some misunderstanding about what I said, so I might add that all I will say on the matter is this: as I have not said anything else regarding his role other than that he used his ability at game start as evidenced by his alignment being British, any conjecture as to whether or not he and the mafia were aware of each other is and has always been unconfirmed by me and are up to your interpretation.

Okay, carry on.
    I'm going to go ahead and say that if he was that quick to change sides, he probably posted in the QT.
    That's nice.

Follow Momoka on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Russia* View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NfiNity View Post
    We'll have to wait until the next night if (s)he doesn't check a mafia that night, I think.

EDIT:

Unless they want to put themselves out as cop so early in the game. :/
    Oh, I see... Well, I don't think any of us would want them to claim in thread that they're the cop. That'd just be reckless.

Blog Entries

Follow Hitomi on Tumblr

Default American Revolution Mafia - Day 2 [6/28]: The Conqueror of the Old Northwest

Something has happened!

A disgruntled young redheaded man plowed through the stiff underbrush to the edge of the settlement toward a man cloaked in Jesuit priest robes. The priest tightened his cloak around his body against the chilly February air.

“Colonel Clark,” the priest murmured, bowing his head slightly. “It is good to see you again.”

Clark rubbed his frozen hands together. “And you, Father Gibault. We trekked eighteen days through miserable weather for this, so I hope you have good news. Have you managed to gain support from the locals?”

Gibault frowned. “Almost. They are wary of the British, and want them out of the country, but fear an open alliance with…” his mouth twisted in wry amusement, “the ‘Congress of the rebels’ will cause them a great deal of trouble with Governor Hamilton’s men if they don’t think this rebellion – pardon, revolution – will last much longer.”

Clark swore under his breath and winced at Gibault’s grimace. “Sorry, Father. I can’t hope to drive Hamilton back to Detroit without gunpowder and food. We wouldn’t have been successful in the Illinois if not for the help of the locals.”

“I am aware,” Gibault said grimly. “And I am working toward it. Incidentally, this news of an alliance between America and France – is it true?”

Clark nodded, rubbing a frozen hand through his matted hair. “It is. The French are sending military aid immediately to help our cause.”

Gibault glanced toward the quiet village and pursed his lips at the garrison. “That might be enough to gain the support you need. Give me another day and I will speak to the leaders. With French aid, this war may take a different turn.”

Clark nodded and clasped the priest’s hand. “Godspeed, Father.”

“And you, Colonel,” Gibault murmured as Clark trotted back to the woods.

---

Clark darted nimbly through the woods, avoiding snow and mud whenever possible to hide his tracks. His planned siege of Vincennes – and damn the British for renaming it Fort Sackville – would put an end to the British command there, if Gibault was successful in procuring the gunpowder and other supplies. He would have Governor Hamilton dragged back to Virginia in chains if he could; what a nice gift that would be for his good friend Governor Jefferson.

The slightest rustle behind him made him freeze. It wasn’t a Redcoat; he knew that – the Redcoats bumbled through the woods like gorillas – which meant-

His tomahawk was out of his belt and in his hand just in time to intercept the matching tomahawk coming at his head from behind. The Indian’s eyes widened slightly as Clark grinned deviously. “You’re not the only one who can use one of those.”

With swift movements despite the cold, Clark battled with the Indian for a few minutes, each masterfully swinging his tomahawk, until-

The Indian’s throat bubbled as Clark found an opening. As he watched the Indian die, he was unaware of a second one behind him.

Fun fact! George Rogers Clark was the older brother to the more famous William Clark (you know, the Clark of Lewis and Clark?).
    Another fun fact! I wrote an award-winning paper on George Rogers Clark during my undergrad. He really died alone and in debt, paralyzed after a stroke and an accident where he fell in a fire. Also he was an alcoholic by the end of his life. Sad. : (

It is now Day 2.

IMPORTANT! This phase will actually be a lot longer, and will end Saturday afternoon. I had forgotten until signups started that I will be out of town with no internet from Thursday morning until Saturday afternoon. I hope this is not a major inconvenience to anyone. All day actions may be sent in, and if you get them and any PMs you need me to read in before tomorrow morning at 10 EDT (GMT-4) I will answer them. I will update as soon as I have internet again.

You may now vote, and all Day actions may now be used.
    Last edited by Hitomi; 27th June 2012 at 09:10 PM.

Follow Momoka on Tumblr

Default Re: American Revolution Mafia - Day 2 [6/28]: The Conqueror of the Old Northwest

CRAP. That's what. -_-

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Default Re: American Revolution Mafia - Day 2 [6/28]: The Conqueror of the Old Northwest

Random kill, much? ^^;

At least it wasn't cop or doctor. :/

Blog Entries

Aw...

Well thanks for letting me play Hitomi.
    My multiple point of view Hunger Games Story

Winner of MLP Mafia, Simpsons Mafia, War Room Mafia 2, Pokemon Mafia: Kodomo Ne, Companions Quartet Mafia, LOST Mafia, Hunger Games Mafia, and Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs Mafia, Havendale 2 Mafia, Twilight Mafia, Supernatural Mafia, Magic of Gardonia Mafia, and Disgaea Mafia.

Host of Bloodshed in Blackthorn, Family Guy Mafia, Assassins Creed Revelations Mafia, and Fus Ro Mafia.

Blog Entries

Aw we lost the tracker. That could be useful.

At lest Long day phases are better then long night phases.

Goodbye friends, I'll miss you all <3
    Blog Entries

Okay, carry on.
    Rereading the thread, it looks like all of us (or almost all of us) have been operating under the assumption that Flame_, after he converted to the British, knew who the mafia were and the mafia knew he was one of them.

I'm not sure we can assume that. It could be that Flame_ was informed of who the mafia were upon conversion but the mafia weren't informed of his alignment change: Traitor - MafiaWiki

One form of the traitor role has the traitor unaware who the mafia are, so it could be that neither Flame_ nor the mafia were aware of eachother.

Unfortunately, if either of the latter two situations (Flame_ only was aware or neither were aware) are the case, then it muddies all of our interpretations of the events of Day 1 so far :S

So yeah, I agree with others about holding off a bit on roleclaiming. Roleclaiming gets the ball rolling quicker for sure, but if we were to trust the wrong person, then it results in the town getting gutted from the inside.
    Last edited by Luminosity; 28th June 2012 at 03:55 AM. Reason: wrong preposition grr
    FinalArcadia likes this.

Blog Entries

Follow FinalArcadia on Tumblr Visit FinalArcadia's Youtube Channel

@Hitomi
    I really like your fun facts you add during the update. They're very interesting!

@Russia.
    What I found to be strange about you not giving a reason is that it just seems like you usually DO give a reason. Even if everyone else had already said what you were thinking, being a very active member in the mafia threads, it just seemed like you would gave at least a slight reason for the vote. But hey, I might just be thinking about it too hard.

Rock of Ages! Zenax's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Zenax on Tumblr

First possibility - Flame defected but didn't have access to the QuickTopic

I doubt this one a lot because if anything that only would have made his role a bastard one; he could defect to the mafia side, only to learn that his winning condition was now much harder, since he had to avoid being lynched by the town and avoid attracting the mafia night kill. He would have been hardly anything more than a mafia-aligned independent, which is a terrible role to play. Again I'm using meta, but I don't think Hitomi would have added such a role to her game, due to the nature of the roles in her previous games.

Second possibility - Flame defected and didn't have access to the QuickTopic, but still knew of his scumbuddies' identities

If I had that role and upon conversion I would have learned who the mafia is without being given a QT, the very first thing I would have done would have been to send to everyone in the mafia a long PM explaining how and why I know of who they are, and if having access to their QT was impossible, to create a new one. If that possibility was the correct one, he still should be treated like a regular mafia because I'm sure I'm not the only one who would have contacted the mafia if I was in that situation, since I'd want to avoid being accidentally night killed.

That's why I think Flame gained access to the QT right from the beginning and that he was like any other mafia, so our analysis of day 1 could still work.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FinalArcadia View Post
    @Russia.
    What I found to be strange about you not giving a reason is that it just seems like you usually DO give a reason. Even if everyone else had already said what you were thinking, being a very active member in the mafia threads, it just seemed like you would gave at least a slight reason for the vote. But hey, I might just be thinking about it too hard.
    I've voted without giving reasons several times and never got suspicion placed on me for doing so. But it is true, I do give a reason most of the time. I just felt like it wasn't necessary, but apparently, it is, so I'll give a reason when I vote from now on.

Page 13 of 60 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast