Mafia: Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies Mafia - Day 6 - BAD END - ENDGAME MAFIA WIN - Page 14
Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 196 to 210 of 332

Thread: Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies Mafia - Day 6 - BAD END - ENDGAME MAFIA WIN

  1. #196

    Default Re: Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies Mafia - Night 2 - When I Am Dead, Then You Will Real

    Aaah, that didn't end well. Sorry for doubting you, Yato! Now... I've got a couple people to ask questions to, regarding the lynch. I know I'm not completely off the hook with that either, being that I was pretty doubtful of the claim as well. Anyhow--

    FA gave a list of reasons that I think for the most part made sense as to why she voted Yato, but I don't think harryheart's made much sense. @harryheart; You said that you didn't want to vote Yato, but felt Zima's actions were suspicious so you ended up doing so anyway? What did you think of Yato's response to your vote?

    @Mijzelffan; You seemed pretty adamant and sure of yourself about the lynch against Yato. Was there some private source that gave you information that caused this or were you suspicious only because of Zima's behavior and the miller claim?

    I got a letter... The name on the envelope said... Mary... my wife's name.

  2. #197
    Mrs. Steven Stone Kyriaki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Hoenn
    Posts
    7,790
    Blog Entries
    426

    Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

    Default Re: Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies Mafia - Night 2 - When I Am Dead, Then You Will Real

    Thanks for letting me play!

  3. #198
    Cryst Fairy HumanDawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Luxendarc
    Posts
    1,166
    Blog Entries
    21

    Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

    Default Re: Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies Mafia - Night 2 - When I Am Dead, Then You Will Real

    Phase end and update may be an hour or two late.

  4. #199
    Kitties! Meow Wow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    America
    Posts
    2,779
    Blog Entries
    65

    Default Re: Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies Mafia - Night 2 - When I Am Dead, Then You Will Real

    So let me get this strait, Zima claimed miller and that was seen as suspicious an d that got Yato lynched. Mijzelffan claimed cop and that kept them from being lynch. Mijzelffan also checked someone and they came up town. Is that right?

  5. #200
    Queen Across The Water Marius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Westeros
    Posts
    642
    Blog Entries
    14

    Default Re: Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies Mafia - Night 2 - When I Am Dead, Then You Will Real

    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik View Post
    So let me get this strait, Zima claimed miller and that was seen as suspicious an d that got Yato lynched. Mijzelffan claimed cop and that kept them from being lynch. Mijzelffan also checked someone and they came up town. Is that right?
    Yeah, pretty much.
    When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die...

  6. #201
    "My life for yours." The Roach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The Ravager
    Posts
    753
    Blog Entries
    32

    Visit The Roach's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies Mafia - Night 2 - When I Am Dead, Then You Will Real

    My suspicion is now directly on all those who voted Yato. More specifically, harryheart and Mijzelffan. FinalArcadia too, to an extent, but not as much as the first two.

    With harryheart, I believe I already brought this up, but I'm going to bring it up again.

    Quote Originally Posted by harryheart View Post
    From what has been said and what I read, Zima did seem suspicious but as FinalArcadia; rightly said, in the Futurama mafia if that had happened with Setra/Flaze it would've been a bad choice. So I'm hesitant to go fro Yato as well solely based on what Zima did, but I do feel suspicions towards that and so will:

    Vote: Yato
    You pretty much just flat-out said that you were hesitant, and that you thought it might end badly, but you went and voted Yato anyways. What logical sense does that make? If you think something is going to end badly, you don't do it.

    Now, for Mijzelffan, let's count the list of sins...

    Quote Originally Posted by Mijzelffan View Post
    Crackfox is giving me mafia vibes but I won't use meta to make a case. I guess I'll vote Yato because zima was acting pretty weird and a miller wouldn't be much of value lost.
    Lurks the thread for a while, then just comes in to place a vote with reasoning that makes my face hurt just reading it. Completely ignores the previous discussion regarding Zima and her activity, and simply takes Zima's posts at face value.

    What is extremely irritating though is the "miller wouldn't be much of value lost." I mean, seriously?? I already said this, but I feel the need to reiterate: Losing town members is a bad thing, period. Doctor, Vanilla, ultimate miller mason with one copcheck and half a vigilante shot, I don't care what role a person is. If they're are town, they are worth keeping around. This is just so frustrating and absolutely screams scum to me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mijzelffan View Post
    You seem awfully convinced there's gonna be a mislynch if we vote yato. Is there anything you know that we don't Lysandre? Zima (who is now yato) was suspicious, has a suspicious claim and I'd say has a high chance to be mafia based on that. On top of that, IF he turns out not to be mafia there is nothing of value lost. We're not lynching someone we know is innocent because their role is useless, we're lynching someone suspicious. And then if they turn out to be innocent then it doesn't matter much because the role they claimed is useless. You're trying to excuse anything fishy zima did just because she quit? That's not very smart, if everyone was like you mafia would just have to sub out the moment they're under fire and live on forever.
    Immediately puts the pressure on Lysandre because Lysandre didn't mindlessly follow the herd and actually had the gumption to think for himself. As if somehow it makes Lysandre suspicious that he didn't vote for Yato. I absolutely agree with Lysandre's reasoning 100%, and the fact that Mij pretty much tried to place suspicion on Lysandre for not voting Yato makes me even more wary.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mijzelffan View Post
    Only a foolish fool from a land of fools could think something so foolishly foolish, I grow tired of the foolish foolery of the foolish fools of this foolish country. -Franziska von Karma
    Ad Hominem.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mijzelffan View Post
    I'm the cop. Is outing myself like this risky? Yes but I'm already at risk so I can't make it much worse. Is outing myself smart? Still smarter than dying so the miller can live.
    Since Mij can't defend their position logically (since it was pretty illogical to begin with) we then have this gem of a claim to save themselves. I'm sorry, but after the back and forth discussion we've had, and then we have this claim, and they won't even reveal whom they checked, just that "they were town," you'll forgive me if I call your bluff. It's a shaky claim at best, and it's blatantly false at worse.

    Once again pretending that the miller is some kind of awful, evil role that must be lynched immediately or else the whole town might blow up...

    Quote Originally Posted by Mijzelffan View Post
    I'd appreciate any unvotes and I'd appreciate any votes to yato even more.
    ... once again insisting that Yato is clearly the scummiest player alive and should be killed without remorse. Once again lacking any sort of sound argument against Yato.

    So everyone, tell me again how that lynch against Yato was just such a wonderful idea. I'm all ears.
    Last edited by The Roach; 10th May 2014 at 10:42 AM.
    Current writing projects:
    |For Better or Worse - It's Electric|


    "He is already dead, it is simply a question of how many he kills before he falls."

  7. #202
    Happy Holidays! CrackFox's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Hope's Peak Academy
    Posts
    5,780
    Blog Entries
    117

    Default Re: Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies Mafia - Night 2 - When I Am Dead, Then You Will Real

    The things is, I would expect Mijz to know better than to fakeclaim cop, knowing how easily it's disproved, but we can't forget that he was looking at death anyway so really he had nothing to lose. I find it strange that he wont tell us which player received an innocent check. If he wont share his findings with us, it's pretty pointless him having that role. I've claimed to Mijzelffan privately and he says that he trusts me. So hopefully our communication will continue. For now, I'm willing to believe him. I don't see any counterclaims after all.

    THE WAR ROOM
    ~ The home of Mafia and Non-Mafia games.
    Art tumblr

  8. #203

    Default Re: Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies Mafia - Night 2 - When I Am Dead, Then You Will Real

    Today's update will be half a hour late! We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

  9. #204
    URPG! GliscorMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Johto
    Posts
    2,970
    Blog Entries
    9

    Default Re: Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies Mafia - Night 2 - When I Am Dead, Then You Will Real

    @CrackFox; While Mijz's behavior may be skeptical and his voting more than a little bit illogical, we have to accept the fact that he is likely to be our cop. Fakeclaims don't happen like that, at least very often.

    You bring up concern about him not reporting his innocent check in-thread. Except that is literally the last thing you want to do as a Cop. If you out the innocent, sure you get someone you can trust, but if the Doctor is doing his job and protecting the Cop claim, it can be guaranteed that the innocent check (if outted) will be killed by the Mafia, putting everyone back at square one.

    It's common knowledge that you don't out innocent checks, especially because of the above and because they might be the Godfather. I'm surprised that, despite all of your experience, you appear not to know this.

    Credit to HikaruIzumi for the awesome avatar!

  10. #205

    Default Re: Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies Mafia - Night 2 - When I Am Dead, Then You Will Real

    @CrackFox; If you claimed to him and he trusts you, did he not end up giving you what the check was? You don't have to say what it was here of course, that's not what I'm looking for. I'm just wondering if he told you who he checked since he trusts you.

    I got a letter... The name on the envelope said... Mary... my wife's name.

  11. #206
    F***ing Fabulous Lysandre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    1,637
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies Mafia - Night 2 - When I Am Dead, Then You Will Real

    Right now I'm thinking along the same lines as Gibbs. The fact that it would be so hard to fakeclaim does give me pause, but the absolute gung-ho certainty/pushing that lynching Yato would be a good idea and the ad-hominem, sarcastic attacks on all who disagreed (and ended up being correct) don't settle well with me. I admitted I wasn't certain that Yato would be town, but Mij was flat out CONVINCED that lynching Yato was the solution and continued pushing the rather scummy argument that somehow a mislynch doesn't matter if the lynchee is a 'non-valuable' role, even after I called him out on it. If he is the cop, then there's a lot of irony in him telling me that my argument/playstyle was "not very smart" and would lead to the mafia winning "every time" when he's the one who seems fine with mislynches and pushes for them when the numbers are as against us as they are right now.

  12. #207
    Happy Holidays! CrackFox's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Hope's Peak Academy
    Posts
    5,780
    Blog Entries
    117

    Default Re: Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies Mafia - Night 2 - When I Am Dead, Then You Will Real

    Quote Originally Posted by Momoka View Post
    @CrackFox; If you claimed to him and he trusts you, did he not end up giving you what the check was? You don't have to say what it was here of course, that's not what I'm looking for. I'm just wondering if he told you who he checked since he trusts you.
    He didn't. He just said he believes my claim. I've PM'd him not long ago, asking about the innocent check and if he has contacted them yet.

    I don't think it's bad to out innocent checks. I doubt the mafia are going to pounce on a player just because of that. In my experience, cops usually find someone they trust to inform the thread about the results. Since Mijz had already told the thread who he was, I didn't see the problem. I understand his reason for not doing so I guess. I think the big worry here is if the mafia have a strongman. Then it wont take a genius to guess who's gonna die tonight.

    THE WAR ROOM
    ~ The home of Mafia and Non-Mafia games.
    Art tumblr

  13. #208
    "My life for yours." The Roach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The Ravager
    Posts
    753
    Blog Entries
    32

    Visit The Roach's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies Mafia - Night 2 - When I Am Dead, Then You Will Real

    Quote Originally Posted by CrackFox View Post
    I don't see any counterclaims after all.
    I'm hesitant to wait for the counter-claim because we have quite a few inactive players who could be the real cop and simply haven't seen the claim in thread yet. Either that or the real cop's first check was actually mafia and they don't have anyone they can trust. I still don't trust Mij's claim though. To me it comes across as a desperate attempt to save oneself from certain doom.
    Current writing projects:
    |For Better or Worse - It's Electric|


    "He is already dead, it is simply a question of how many he kills before he falls."

  14. #209
    URPG! GliscorMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Johto
    Posts
    2,970
    Blog Entries
    9

    Default Re: Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies Mafia - Night 2 - When I Am Dead, Then You Will Real

    Quote Originally Posted by GastlyGibus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CrackFox View Post
    I don't see any counterclaims after all.
    I'm hesitant to wait for the counter-claim because we have quite a few inactive players who could be the real cop and simply haven't seen the claim in thread yet. Either that or the real cop's first check was actually mafia and they don't have anyone they can trust. I still don't trust Mij's claim though. To me it comes across as a desperate attempt to save oneself from certain doom.
    Let's look at it this way. Give equal probability for Mijz being Town and Mijz being Mafia (which, in fact, it isn't because it's more likely statistically that each of us is Town). Give the same situation to a random Towny Cop and a random Mafia. If you assume that the Mafia member will always fakeclaim Cop, you quickly find that they'll behave in exactly the same way.

    You guys are already all set that Mijz clearly must be Mafia because his suspicions turned out to be wrong. Look at me, for example, in the last game of Mafia I played. I acted on my suspicions and suggested that someone be killed by a vigilante for their odd voting patterns. As it turns out, they were actually Cop, which would've been really bad had they been shot.

    The nature of the game is that your reads have to change. That's how it works. Reads are usually based on who is acting unusually. Mijz acted out of character and bizarrely, advocating a lynch with little reasoning that turned out to be correct. Let us not forget that it was a common consensus that we were going to lynch Zima before Yato subbed in. Now that Mijz has claimed Cop, there's an explanation for his bizarre behavior.

    His claim can't be disproven unless someone counterclaims Cop. Odds are, he's the real one.

    Let's do this officially, if everyone else is wary of this.

    1. @GastlyGibus;
    2. @ZunoRai.;
    3. @harryheart;
    4. @Marius;
    6. @CrackFox;
    8. @FinalArcadia;
    9. @Lysandre;
    11. @Joltik;
    12. @Momoka;
    15. @Flaze;
    16. @Squall Leonhart;

    Do any of you claim to be the Cop? If not, we must assume that Mijz is our Cop and get on with our discussions based on that.

    Credit to HikaruIzumi for the awesome avatar!

  15. #210
    Queen Across The Water Marius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Westeros
    Posts
    642
    Blog Entries
    14

    Default Re: Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies Mafia - Night 2 - When I Am Dead, Then You Will Real

    @GliscorMan; but what makes you think maybe the real cop doesn't know who to trust, and is afraid to claim? Claiming in-thread is insanely dangerous for a power role, and claiming privately is much better. You have to remember that its only night 2. Reads, especially for less experienced players, are underdeveloped at this point. It's hard to know who to trust, and the cop has the duty of keeping themselves safe for the good of the town. Wouldn't it make sense if the real cop was keeping their mouth shut to protect themselves?
    When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die...

Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •