Mafia: Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies Mafia - Day 6 - BAD END - ENDGAME MAFIA WIN - Page 12
Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies Mafia - Day 6 - BAD END - ENDGAME MAFIA WIN

Blog Entries

Default Re: Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies Mafia - Day 2 - Love Goes A Long Way - 07/05/2014

@Marius;I'm not sure I agree with the Miller claim being possible because it's a game "about criminals" (as the same could be said for basically any game with villains), but the fact that almost every case's plot involves framing and false accusations leads to believe that it's definitely possible. Not saying that Yato IS our miller, but there is almost certainly a miller somewhere.

SHSL Gambler CrackFox's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies Mafia - Day 2 - Love Goes A Long Way - 07/05/2014

Never took the theme into account but now that it's mentioned, it would suit having a miller or two. I'd be happy to let Yato be for now and focus on someone else. Maybe one of the more inactive players. @Mijzelffan; I've noticed you viewing the thread a few times without adding anything, what are your thoughts?

THE WAR ROOM
    ~ The home of Mafia and Non-Mafia games.
    Art tumblr

Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

Mid Phase Vote Tally:

Yato - II (FinalArcadia, harryheart)

Last edited by HumanDawn; 8th May 2014 at 03:16 PM.

Blog Entries

I had no idea about the bomb bit, that sorta makes me edgy.

But would it not also suit the theme to have a tailor in the game? (Pun not intended, I swear)

In that case, it might very well be that we wouldn't be able to tell if Yato is Mafia or not, even if we go through with the lynch. Not that I like it, but... It'll be very hard to confirm anyone's role in this game at all, if I'm predicting this right.

Vote: No Lynch

In a game like this, I really think Power Roles will be our only saving grace, and cooperation among power roles and the Town members they trust. That more than anything.

A side comment. How likely is it, in a small game, for there to be both lovers AND a Mafia bomb. Doesn't that seem a bit... Overpowered?

Credit to HikaruIzumi for the awesome avatar!

Blog Entries

Mijz has been viewing the thread extensively, but not posting. Lurking is a classic mafia tell.

Vote: Mijzellfan

What do you think of the game so far? No worries, I'll remove the vote as soon as you give an answer (so long as it makes sense). I want to hear what you have to say.

Edit- @ZunoRai.; do you have anything to say? Besides your worries about lynching a power role day one, I can't seem to find any posts by you.
    When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die...

Quote Originally Posted by CrackFox View Post
    Never took the theme into account but now that it's mentioned, it would suit having a miller or two.
    Hmm, it would be kind of unfair to the town to have two millers though when you take into account that there were lovers-- which is a detrimental role once one is killed. I already don't fully trust the miller claim we have, so if another one came up I'd think that was suspicious.

About Mijzelffan, you bring up a good point. I've also seen him looking through the thread a lot, but he never seems to post anything. That might be because there isn't much to say since we killed an independent and that didn't generate any new discussion, but it's still important to have everyone participating rather than just actively lurking.

let justice be done, though the heavens fall

Blog Entries

I feel like the lynch on Yato would be a bad move. There's almost certainly at least one miller given the theme, Zima was likely preoccupied with whatever caused her to need to leave the game (explaining her 'suspicious' behavior), the reverse psychology it would take to pull off almost trying to get lynched while being mafia would be insane and to be honest out of character for her (who has expressed in previous Mafia QTs how lying at all is difficult for her), and it seems unfair to Yato to lynch him for the (likely easily explainable) actions of Zima.

GliscorMan, you are correct that a tailor would make sense in a game based on the AA series. That's another good thing to keep in mind, and I'd almost bet money that there's either a tailor or a framer in this game somewhere.

EDIT: And Marius, don't be so sure. It's definitely worth interrogating about, but it's also a common 'tell' for Doctors, some Cops, and Bombs.
    Last edited by Lysandre; 8th May 2014 at 04:20 PM.

Blog Entries
    Follow Mijzelffan On Twitter
    Follow Mijzelffan on Tumblr

I click the thread to unbold it out of habit (and I also check it whenever I'm mentioned) but I hadn't actually read any post since the phasechange untill now. Crackfox is giving me mafia vibes but I won't use meta to make a case. I guess I'll vote Yato because zima was acting pretty weird and a miller wouldn't be much of value lost.

vote: yato

SHSL Gambler CrackFox's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mijzelffan View Post
    I click the thread to unbold it out of habit (and I also check it whenever I'm mentioned) but I hadn't actually read any post since the phasechange untill now. Crackfox is giving me mafia vibes but I won't use meta to make a case. I guess I'll vote Yato because zima was acting pretty weird and a miller wouldn't be much of value lost.

I don't mind you using meta. I'm interested to know what i'm doing that is making you suspicious.

Vote: Mijzelffan

Not because he voted me but because of his lurking and the convenient way in which he finds me suspicious after I arouse suspicion on him.

THE WAR ROOM
    ~ The home of Mafia and Non-Mafia games.
    Art tumblr

Blog Entries

Well, I suppose I better keep my word. I do find it somewhat odd that Mijzellfan magically appeared and explained herself the moment there were votes on her, and I do think it would be good to keep an eye on her, but I'll unvote for now.

Unvote: Mijzellfan

Also, like Lysandre said, we really wouldn't want to go lynching a doctor or a bomb, would we?
    When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die...

Hyping over Steven Stone Kyriaki's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

I guess I'll vote Yato because zima was acting pretty weird and a miller wouldn't be much of value lost.

Vote: Mijzelffan
    You're not voting me for what I did, but for what Zima did.

Blog Entries

I agree with Yato that it's a bit unfair to lynch him solely based on likely unrelated behavior from the person he was subbing for. Furthermore, Mijzelffan...
    a miller wouldn't be much of value lost.
    This reeks of scum. A mislynch, after losing both lovers and not getting scum D1 especially, would be a very bad thing at this point, be it on a miller or a vanilla or on any other role. Pushing for a lynch on someone because the person before them who QUIT didn't seem like they were playing properly (which is more likely to do with the reasons why they quit than their in game alignment) and because they wouldn't be "much of value lost" is the most suspicious thing so far.

VOTE: Mijzelffan

Blog Entries
    Follow Mijzelffan On Twitter
    Follow Mijzelffan on Tumblr

Yato and Zima have the same role. If zima was acting suspicious because she was mafia then it's not wise to disregard that just because she subbed out and yato took over her role.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysandre View Post
    I agree with Yato that it's a bit unfair to lynch him solely based on likely unrelated behavior from the person he was subbing for. Furthermore, Mijzelffan...
    This reeks of scum. A mislynch, after losing both lovers and not getting scum D1 especially, would be a very bad thing at this point, be it on a miller or a vanilla or on any other role. Pushing for a lynch on someone because the person before them who QUIT didn't seem like they were playing properly (which is more likely to do with the reasons why they quit than their in game alignment) and because they wouldn't be "much of value lost" is the most suspicious thing so far.

You seem awfully convinced there's gonna be a mislynch if we vote yato. Is there anything you know that we don't Lysandre? Zima (who is now yato) was suspicious, has a suspicious claim and I'd say has a high chance to be mafia based on that. On top of that, IF he turns out not to be mafia there is nothing of value lost. We're not lynching someone we know is innocent because their role is useless, we're lynching someone suspicious. And then if they turn out to be innocent then it doesn't matter much because the role they claimed is useless. You're trying to excuse anything fishy zima did just because she quit? That's not very smart, if everyone was like you mafia would just have to sub out the moment they're under fire and live on forever.

Blog Entries

Only what I've stated before. I don't think we should give Yato a free pass, but I know Zima well enough to know I don't think she'd be capable of the reverse psychology this scheme would have taken. She made it clear in one of her mafia qts that she can hardly bring herself to lie, let alone form a web this complex. I have no idea if Yato would be a mislynch or not, what I'm calling out is you acting like it'd be okay if he is a miller and if it is a mislynch because it would be nothing of value lost, when any townie at this point is something of value lost. I'm not claiming it'd be a mislynch, I'm pointing out that your statement about it being fine if it IS a mislynch is scummier than anything Yato OR Zima have done thus far.

Hyping over Steven Stone Kyriaki's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

Yato and Zima have the same role. If zima was acting suspicious because she was mafia then it's not wise to disregard that just because she subbed out and yato took over her role.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysandre View Post

You seem awfully convinced there's gonna be a mislynch if we vote yato. Is there anything you know that we don't Lysandre? Zima (who is now yato) was suspicious, has a suspicious claim and I'd say has a high chance to be mafia based on that. On top of that, IF he turns out not to be mafia there is nothing of value lost. We're not lynching someone we know is innocent because their role is useless, we're lynching someone suspicious. And then if they turn out to be innocent then it doesn't matter much because the role they claimed is useless. You're trying to excuse anything fishy zima did just because she quit? That's not very smart, if everyone was like you mafia would just have to sub out the moment they're under fire and live on forever.
    Zima was suspicious. So you're voting me, a completely different person, for what someone else did? Just because I subbed in and took the role? You haven't said anything about me. What about my actions? Have any of my actions looked suspicious to you?

Also, players shouldn't be just mislynched so easily just because they have a useless role. Vanillas contribute to the game with their vote. Going by your logic, it should be okay to mislynch Vanillas since nothing of value would be lost. But no. Votes count. Every vote counts. I can use my vote to save myself or lynch someone. The existence of every player is valuable.

Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast