You've Won the Lottery! What Happens Next? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: You've Won the Lottery! What Happens Next?

Default Re: You've Won the Lottery! What Happens Next?

i'd be able to pay for college without any worries. after graduating, i'd donate a sizable amount to charity and then save the rest and wonder how to spend it. actually i guess i'd give a decent amount to my mother so that she can do whatever she wants.

after that i'd save like half of my money. with the rest, i'd spend some time to travel and find new things to appreciate and love about the world before i get a job, especially since i'm sick of staying in the midwest at this point! that's something that i'd want to do in my youth instead of in my old age, when i might not even be able-bodied.

[this isn't by any means supposed to sound entitled, but sorry if it does]

Blog Entries

I'd build myself a personal library. If there isn't an emergency of some sort that needs funding (i.e. a sick family member, debt), and along with designating a sizable sum for college (for me and my sister), that would be my first priority.

After that...I don't know, since I'd probably already be content, I'd put the majority of what's left in a bank, or, with some assistance, invest it. Or maybe give to a charity.

[sources: sig gif|avatar]

Blog Entries

Follow Oswin on Tumblr

Save it. Maybe invest some of it, and buy shares, but mainly save it. I might buy a few small luxuries with it, like a new phone or a camera or something.

After winning the lottery, the first thing I would do is get diagnosis and treatment that has been elusive for years.

$75,000 of it would go straight to my favorite charity.

After that, I would buy DVDs I don't have, Pokemon Plushies, and then the rest would be stored away to not spend it all at once.

SHSL Gambler CrackFox's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Gonna answer my own question :b

My priorites would be paying off all mine and my families' debt. I'd maybe buy a new house if I had enough money. I'd treat my mum, buying her one of those electronic beds. She has athritis and would really appreciate more comfortable living conditions. I'd save the brunt of it and if I had enough money left over, i'd donate some to charity. Particularly animal charities.

Blog Entries

Visit ashita's Youtube Channel

First thing i think we would pay off our debts then make sure that our family our comfortable then we would give some to our church to fund a building for them and help them pay off their mortgage
    Then a holiday or two with Japan at the top of the list

Originally Posted by MAGNEDETH View Post
    personally, ive never been raped, but i try to rape as many people on a daily basis as i can.
    my record is 47 people in one day, oh what a day...

Pata pata pata pata pata! Italy-kun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Italy-kun on Tumblr

Thoughts: Bank. Take some out whenever I really need it. End.

Probable reality: Buy many, many frivolous items, fall into a deep, deep depression.
    "It just goes to show you that people with brain damage are the real heroes, aren't they?" --Wheatley, Portal 2
    "Open mouth, insert foot." --Joe Kido, Digimon Adventure 01
    "Screw it, the gloves are coming off, MEAN BEAN MACHINE!" --Me playing Sonic Mega Collection

Played in Inazuma Eleven Mafia, Super Street Fighter IV Mafia and Pokemon Christmas Mafia 2011. Winning faction of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Mafia and DPPt: Sinnoh Mafia! SO HAPPY!

I'm gone.
    Blog Entries

I'd buy out Apple and sell it to Disney for cheap. :I

I'm really money-conscious and I really don't trust the banks to keep money in.

Things I would do:

40% in Silver, since you know, industrial use, and Lugia.
    5% in Gold.
    6% in Platinum.
    20% in other currencies (probably some Euros, Pounds, Canadian Dollars, Hong Kong Dollars, Yen, Yuan, and other stuff.)
    The rest in banks and stocks or hidden away.

How I would use them: A new house or an island would be nice... And ALL THE LUGIA. ALL THE LUGIA PLUSHES. ALL THE LUGIA FIGURES. Not so much the cards, since I don't care about the TCG.
    And then donate to a foundation for the environment or just donate to NASA.
    No.

Blog Entries

First off, I'd pay off all my credit card bills. In other words, zero balance on everything. Second off, I'd pay off my mortgage then tear down the blasted house and build something a lot better than this. Third, I'd quit my miserable job and write full time.

Blog Entries

Eh... Pay for college tuition, get Lasik eye surgery so I don't have to wear glasses any more, then make out like a bandit on video games.

There is a fine line between genius and insanity. Beware the blind and the sight-impaired

Blog Entries
    Follow Saeyru On Twitter

Buy a house, and a car. And that's it. Legitimately. Put the rest away for savings and invest it all so I would never really have to work again even when I'm like, 50+.

Blog Entries

Follow kyogre545 on Tumblr Visit kyogre545's Youtube Channel

Let my parents pay off the rest of the mortgage, donate to different charities and local shelters, buy a boxed copy of Chrono Trigger, any other games I've been wanting, use it for whatever my bird needs, and save the rest for college and the future.
    3DS FC: 1864-8930-3851
    Claims: Edward Elric, Gin, Inuyasha, Makoto Tachibana, Vash the Stampede, Kyogre, Drizzle, Blue Apricorn, Squirtle Doll, Micaiah, Crimson Loftwing, Smiles and Tears, Peaceful Days
    Join my clubs! They are:ALL HAIL THE MAGIC CONCH, Swanna Fan Club, Sweets+Sugary things, W is for Wumbology, the Study of Wumbo!
    Nintendo Network: Chibster FS: Metang Klefki Ferroseed

Avatar art made by spicyroll on DA

I go around the world and try baobab Pepsi, clam chowder Doritos and balut. And I'd pour some money into that extinct Pokemon dog tags company that died out. God I miss them. They had almost the entire 1-3 gen pokedex...... And I'd buy everything on the catalogue of mewanty and thisiswhyimbroke. Great sites.

a new laptop will be brought
    WHITE 2: 2624-0822-5515
    I' lov'in this sig ^.^

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast