What is your favorite swear word?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: What is your favorite swear word?

A cute little robot girl. Satoshi-kun's Avatar Social Media Deputy Coordinator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Satoshi-kun On Twitter Add Satoshi-kun on Facebook
    Follow Satoshi-kun on Tumblr Visit Satoshi-kun's Youtube Channel

Default What is your favorite swear word?

I like profanity! I really really really like it! As a matter of fact, I would like to know about your favorite swear word, and why you like it.

Here's something that I wrote about the word "fuck" back in 2002. As with a lot of things that I wrote in 2002, I could be a bit harsh on things that I really shouldn't have been, and have no issue with nowadays. Also, there are spelling errors in this, and I am aware. I didn't have a spellchecker back when I wrote this, and I do not want to alter this content now. Here it is, warts and all.

Why in the FUCK is the word FUCK a "bad" word? I have heard many origins of this word, but the best one seems to stem from a medievil practice. From what I have heard, a couple used to have to obtain a licence from the king to be able to procreate. Hence, FUCK is an anachronym for "Fornication Under the Concent of the King." Ok, so how in the FUCK is this word bad? It is a reference to an outdated practice now used to describe the sexual act in all aspects.

Let's analyse profanity for a moment. The reason that there are words that are taboo in our language, as far as I have been able to find out, is because of the Christian religion. A person is not supposed to take God's name in vain, so says the Bible. This includes some of our favorites, such as "goddamn," "jesus christ," which sometimes includes a choice expletive between the first and last name. Hell and damn also fall into this category, even though I cannot figure out why "hell" does, but it does. We also have words like "shit" and "ass" which do not fall into this category, but are words for excrements and parts of the body that a person doesn't want to mention in most everyday conversation. We then come to some words that have no reason whatsoever to be considered profane. These words are "bitch," which is the term for a female dog, "pussy," which is a synonym for a cat, and "jackass," which is a donkey. The only reason it seems that these words cannot be uttered in conversation without someone taking offence anymore is because they have perverse double meanings. We all know what the other meanings for these words are, right?

This brings us to "fuck." The word "fuck" has nothing to do with ANY religion, is not about anything that could be considered disgusting, and does not have a perverse different meaning. It is used for many uses in today's society, but when all is said and done, it is still mentioning an act of sex! Think about all the phrases that you use in your daily conversations that include the word "fuck." Remember that "fuck" is sex. You're saying some weird stuff, aye? "Fuck off," "fuck you," "fuck it," "fucked up," and many other phrases can sound pretty strange when you think about what you're actually saying, huh? Fucking is the act of sex. Nothing more, nothing less. To mention the Christian religion again, there is a mention that the supreme being from that religion wishes for all to "go out and multiply," or something to that effect. Well, fucking is multiplying, isn't it? That must not matter, because the Christians seem to be the most apt to take offence to that word. There is nothing disgusting about fucking either. It is a beautiful act, it's better to make love than war, right?

"Make love, not war" brings me to my last point. I can't say "fuck" without some uptight prude yelling at me, but I am free to say words like "kill," "maim," "blood," "gore (not al)," "hang," "dismember," and "murder" without some bible patrol telling me that I am going to go to hell, but I am a bad person when I say "fuck?" That's fucked up!
    Last edited by Satoshi-kun; 1st May 2013 at 11:11 PM.
    Niji likes this.

samurai in autumn garrison-san's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow garrison-san On Twitter
    Follow garrison-san on Tumblr

Default Re: What is your favorite swear word?

I like "cunt", which is the only one that still genuinely seems to shock people. The fact that I'm female and I don't fear the word makes it all the more potent for some, for reasons which I don't really grasp.

Fuck was a fun enough word once upon a time, but I'm kinda overdosed on hearing it.
    maglev likes this.

You don't know me. Jack Pschitt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm very fond of "ass's" versatility. "Jackass", "ass-hole", "ass-hat"; the list goes on. My personal favorite is "ass-wipe".

Blog Entries

I like damn, dammit, and shit. I tend to use those ones the most.

maglev maglev's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Cunt. You just can't beat it. You can call someone a dick or a prick or a fucking arsehole all you like, but no one takes notice until you drop that little one-syllable sentence enhancer.

CUNT :3
    garrison-san likes this.
    maglev is invisible

Somalian Anarchy Leader! Please Understand's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Please Understand on Tumblr Visit Please Understand's Youtube Channel

Dammit, must I fuckin say it? All fucking right, my favorite damn curse word is...

Crap. I like the word "crap". Don't ask why, I just do. :/

Or I could be a troll and say I don't have a favorite curse word, and that cursing is stupid, but that's idiotic.
    Why are you looking here? There is nothing here.

Just so Victoria, just so Mijzelffan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Mijzelffan On Twitter
    Follow Mijzelffan on Tumblr

Fuck. The way you can make it adjective is just so awesome, and the main reason it's becoming so popular in Dutch. I also like the Dutch swearwords kut and tyfus. They're best yelled at the top of your lungs when you stub your toe or something.
    Continent Turtle likes this.

Blog Entries

Don't know if it counts as a real swear word anymore since it's pretty common nowadays and compared to some other swear words, it's pretty tame but "Crap". It just rolls off the tongue so well.
    New Track: Going Up

Winner of the Most Creative Host, Fair Hosting & Best Mafia Series Awards for the War Room Awards 2012.

Blog Entries

Follow Ebail on Tumblr

Ass is my favorite one. Don't get me wrong, I do like fuck, and all the ways it can be used, but ass seems to be more frequent with me, and more fun to use.
    3DS FC: 1134-7255-2841 - White2 FC: 1765-1583-4731
    Some sort of blog about me - Fanclub

What's this? Bouffalant Herdier's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Bouffalant Herdier On Twitter
    Visit Bouffalant Herdier's Youtube Channel

I love the word shite. It's like an upgraded version of the word shit and rhymes with more interesting words. Perfect for crass poems.

Who is this git?

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Probably shit, especially when said in a very rednecky way.
    That's nice.

maglev maglev's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bouffalant Herdier View Post
    I love the word shite. It's like an upgraded version of the word shit and rhymes with more interesting words. Perfect for crass poems.
    What a load of shite.
    maglev is invisible

British Invasion $aturn¥oshi's Avatar Social Media Coordinator
    Blog Entries
    Follow $aturn¥oshi On Twitter Add $aturn¥oshi on Facebook Add $aturn¥oshi on Google+
    Follow $aturn¥oshi on Tumblr Visit $aturn¥oshi's Youtube Channel

I say "bitch" a lot. Especially when I am fighting Emma Frost in Marvel Avengers Alliance.

Blog Entries

Has to be 'fuck'. It's the mother of all swears. I also use cunt and knobhead quite a lot.

Caught in a lab romance~ Araragi-hakase's Avatar Head Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Araragi-hakase On Twitter
    Follow Araragi-hakase on Tumblr

Fuck has the FFFFFFFFUUUUUU and the AHHHHHHH and the CCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKK its all angry sounds

But to borrow something from Tumblr:

"did you know that “heck” is a combination of “hell” and “fuck” a word created out of two bad words that is treated as the lamest word ever when in reality it is double bad"

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast