What does your username mean to you and why do you use it? - Page 2

Page 2 of 78 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: What does your username mean to you and why do you use it?

Kjølen is the name of a Norwegian Mountain Range... in Norway. I chose it because it looked like an absolutely amazing name to my 13 year-old mind. And you know what? Even to my 19 year-old mind, it still is an amazing name. I've considered changing it to something more... textually friendly, but I can't be arsed to think up something that I'd like to replace it.

I used to be Fervivious at this place, when I was 12, which was made up off the top of my head, really. Oh man, when I think back about the stupid things I did here back then I cringe with embarrassment.

Blog Entries

My user name is Venom it as many can guess from my avatar is Venom from Marvel Comics. He is my favorite comic character for many reasons. I like the suit more than Eddie Brock. One of the reasons I like the character is that he is conflicted. Eddie Brock hates Spiderman because he blames Spiderman for ruining his career but the suit loves Spiderman and it also hates Spiderman because Spiderman rejected it. Venom sees himself as a hero but will use lethal means to achieve his means. I enjoy contradictions there are other reasons but I won’t get into them here.
    Is there anything worse than being all alone in the night?

Yes... being all alone in a crowd.

Follow jessiedoll On Twitter Add jessiedoll on Facebook
    Follow jessiedoll on Tumblr

jsispitz was something I started using like 6 years ago...I called it my 'rock star' name. The 'jsi' part is short for my real name (Jessie) and the last part comes from the fact that I used to spit sometimes when I talked really fast. But thankfully I've grown out of that Dx

*Does her own stunts*
    chainer-jessie.tumblr.com
    jessiedraws.tumblr.com

My name's after the cascade badge XP

Blog Entries

Created specifically for this site and used again for furtopia.org and the dragon (signature).
    What are the Legendaries really like? Find out in The Life of the Legendaries

Humans and pokémon no longer live in harmony. Hear their tales in The Poké Wars Chronicles: Tales From A World At War

Cynthia once had it all: powerful pokémon, fame and hordes of adoring fans. But Ho-oh's campaign tears her life asunder. Now to survive this deadly new world, she must do the one thing that she never wanted: kill. Follow her trials through a world at war in Poké Wars: Downfall of a Champion

I've been using the name Falcon all over the internets since I was the biggest nub in this series of tubes. As you can guess, on any popular forum the name Falcon will already be in use, so I'll either stick "Red" in front of it, or put numbers at the end of it. *shrug* Falcons are cool birds.

Brock's Pikachu LightningTopaz's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Lightning-Pikachu's elemental
    Topaz-a yellow gemstone

There you go.
    My URPG stats: Maya's status

SuBuWriMo status: 28,103 words in all!

discontented with winter VibuzeSG's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I have a tendency to come up with really lame nicknames for my Pokemon, so when I caught an Elekid, I just tossed some random letters from "Electivire" and "Electabuzz" together in a random mess and got "Vibuze."

Which I decided was cooler than it probably is, so I used it as a username. As for SG, my usernames always use that. It used to stand for Shy Guy, on account of how I was once obsessed with that Mario character, and that I'm a rather timid guy in real life. But after a while, people just started calling me SG (Shy Guy was too long), and it kinda lost its meaning. So I tacked it to the end.

Exciting stories, I know... ^_^

DOES IT VIA COPY/PASTE Æsahættr's Avatar
    Blog Entries

From Wikipedia:

A knife with a double-edge, the Æsahættr possessed one edge of keen steel, which could cut through any physical material. The other edge was even sharper, extending to a point so fine that the eye could not see it. This edge was able to search out gaps in the fabric of space and thus cut through the fabric of the universe and into others, referred to in the books as other worlds.
    I just think that it is the most awesome concept ever imaginable. I removed the special symbols for 3 reasons:
    - To make it easier for people to quote (unnecessarily apparently).
    - To save time logging in.
    - To save myself from nick hassle whenever I go on the chat.

EDIT: And because I realised these three are irrelevant, I went to change it back. Apparently since I changed it, Æsahættr does not meet the admins standards.
    Last edited by Æsahættr; 31st July 2008 at 04:34 AM.

Facebook | Twitter | LJ
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor
    One day, I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs, and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.

Well, I'm not okay. Neverender_1862's Avatar
    I live in a world where darkness has gripped and killed all my friends. I live in a world full of despair and hopelessness. SAVE ME FROM THE DARK.
    Blog Entries

Well, Jirachi is my favorite Pokemon.
    1. It's a Psychic type.
    2. It's a Steel type.
    3. It's able to grant wishes.

And because I like making people happy, even though most people ignore me.

0802 - My birthday.

Æsahættr, I'm pretty sure the forum doesn't allow you to change back to any previous names...

Matthew Lloyd stems from the fact the captain of the Essendon Bombers is the man himself.

My short-lived very long username MontyPanesarsFlyingCircus replace Monty Python with the name of a cricketer.

The Huss came from another cricketer's name, as did Glinn Mgraw, which I use virtually everywhere.
    *gone*

DOES IT VIA COPY/PASTE Æsahættr's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Lloyd View Post
    Æsahættr, I'm pretty sure the forum doesn't allow you to change back to any previous names...
    Indeed, thank you for pointing that out.

Facebook | Twitter | LJ
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor
    One day, I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs, and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.

Pokémon Capture Expert paperfairy's Avatar

Nickname from middle school - everybody came unprepared for class except me. When it came time to do assignments, I handed out paper. The name stuck.

don't like something? fix it. stop complaining about it.

Blog Entries

Visit Kthleen's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Lloyd View Post
    I'm assuming this is a new feature, because a while ago, I once changed my name to I Я Smrat then changed it back to Kthleen. Now I know never to change my name again....

Why do I use it? Because I've been using it, so I've gotten used to it, so using anything else would be weird.
    Last edited by Kthleen; 24th January 2012 at 06:09 PM. Reason: TMI

The Pride is Back! The White King's Avatar

Mine is a reference to the Dark Tower Series by Stephen King (along with my sig). Hooray for Arthur Eld!
    Beware the Eye of the Crimson King.

Page 2 of 78 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast