What do you stand for?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you stand for?

Blog Entries

Default What do you stand for?

What issues are important to you, and do you have any ideals for the world and the future that you hold very dear to your heart? This isn't limited to political views; they could be moral or personal as well.

I'll always stand for putting a positive spin on everything, and remaining optimistic even through the darkest times, and always trying to help others see the bright side of life, too. On a more serious note, I stand for equality and fairness for every race, gender, nationality and person on the world and the freedom to speak your opinion.

What do you stand for?

steamlast.fmtumblr

Orange And Black October Serperiority's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Serperiority On Twitter
    Visit Serperiority's Youtube Channel

Default Re: What do you stand for?

Not wanting to go political here, but several of my beliefs are political. However, I do believe in a better world where hate is nonexistent, people are more forgiving and caring, and everyone just gets along. Also my strong belief in the environment. What I mean is that we can go greener and cut down our carbon footprint to save the only planet we call home. That is what I stand for.

Serperior99 Fanclub | Bulbagarden's Californian Club | From the Serperior's Lair, My Blog
    I've claimed Serperior, Overgrow, Bicycle, Poke Ball, & Pokemon White Version

Blog Entries

Follow Niji on Tumblr

I stand for justice and happiness on a personal and global level. I think everyone should be able to be educated on right and wrong. I think people should see the good in people, including ourselves, as well as understand that it's difficult to understand others completely, even if they think they know them. Everyone should be given support, and forgiveness for any mistakes they make. Everyone deserves to feel like they belong, and have people to be there for them. We should all have chances to follow are dreams and do what makes us happy. I also believe people should be generous and think about how they could help others near and far. Animals should be treated with respect and kindness, since they feel just as much emotion and have just as much personality as humans. The environment should also be protected, because hurting it hurts all living things.

Humanity's Strongest Shiny Celebi's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter

Stuff like equality for everyone and being kind/caring for animals and the environment and other people is what I stand for.

☭ The Great Uniter ☭ Mißingnåen's Avatar
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Resistance.
    Fyrirgefðu

My right to convenience.

Empathy and appreciation. Put most simply, I stand for empathising with others and constantly considering how your actions will impact them and their feelings - and this extends to considering your impact on animals and the environment too. I stand for equality and honesty and acceptance. I stand for understanding that people cannot be quantified or compared but that most people need more support than they let on or even know. I stand for the notion that we should push ourselves to be the best that we can be and to follow our dreams, but I also stand by the Marxist principle "from each according to his ability, to each according to his needs". Perhaps this is overly optimistic of me; indeed, I do not think these ideals will necessarily ever become reality, but I don't believe that is an excuse not to get as close to them as we possibly can.

~ Formerly known as Kaori ~

Blog Entries

Equality. Just because someone has different beliefs and ways of living doesn't change the fact that we're all human and we all deserve to be accepted by one another.

Blog Entries
    Add MuddyMudkip on Facebook
    Follow MuddyMudkip on Tumblr Visit MuddyMudkip's Youtube Channel

I, for one, would always stand for equality - there should be fairness and absolutely no discrimination for every person here on earth, as well as the freedom to speak one's mind and express oneself without getting judged or bullied/hated on. Along with this comes being true to oneself - people shouldn't be conformists who have to fit in or live up to certain standards just so that others would recognize or take notice of them; we should be allowed to be who we really are, and not categorized just because we couldn't live up to something. I also stand for striving hard, no matter what, and never giving up until you reach your goals. Keep on going, no matter how much pain you feel or how badly you just want to quit; keep on going even when it seems like the whole world is against you... I'm that type of person who really perseveres, whatever hardships may come my way, and, one way or another - usually through my writing - I try to encourage others to have that same determination within them to never stop until they've finally achieved their dreams.

As a final note, I've always believed that while it's important to be successful, it's even more important to be significant - make an impact in someone else's life, it may be just what they need. Leave your mark for generations to come - be remembered for inspiring and encouraging others for the work you've done and for being who you are.
    ..::Active URPG Ranger::..
    A Poem I Wrote
    >>learning through the downs, living for the ups<<
    Quote Originally Posted by Kai-Mei View Post
    Stuff died. Apparently Typhlosion > Chandelure.

I stand for justice. Above all else, I always look for justice in any situation. If someone is in the wrong or they did something they should not have, they need to pay the consequence and get a taste of their own sweet medicine. Incidentally, this can also tie into gender. I want equality for gender. Women deserve, no, they have every need and right to have the same rights as men do. This is also part of my 'justice obsession', I guess. Well, these are two things I mainly stand for.

you can smile again

Mutha'uckas CrackFox's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

The usual stuff. Equal rights/opportunities despite race or class. Gay marriage, legal abortion, people's right to privacy and freedom of speech.

Blog Entries

I stand for Liberty above all else. Without Liberty, there will be no justice in society. I am also a stalwart defender of freedom of speech and the right to life. Since society will never be equal, I'm not sure how to stand for that. Since Liberty and Equality cannot co-exist, I pick liberty.
    Last edited by Jolene; 29th March 2013 at 04:33 PM.

Y > X

I stand for equality. If everyone was treated equally, we would live in a better society, where people wouldn't be judged for something they have no control over--being who they are. People wouldn't be discriminated against, wouldn't be afraid of holding the hand of the person they love in public, and would be able to speak their mind without the worry of being treated as a second-class citizen.

Of course, equality won't solve all the world's problems, but it will help to make the world a better place. There will be less oppression. No more racism, sexism, homophobia or transphobia. People would be allowed to live as who they are without being perceived as lesser than anyone around them, and people would be allowed to just live, the way they are supposed to--all the while being treated equally under the law and in the eyes of society.

contract? /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

A Liver Made Fullmetal Misato Katsuragi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Misato Katsuragi on Tumblr

Last edited by Misato Katsuragi; 1st April 2013 at 01:20 PM.

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

Blog Entries

Follow Leggo on Tumblr

I stand for equality between people.
    Also, I stand for dolphins and whales, so I'll make sure not to go to SeaWorld in the future as dolphins and whales don't do well in captivity.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast