Welcome to Outside the Box!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Kakuna Matata

Thread: Welcome to Outside the Box!

Panne Cottontail Kakuna Matata's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Kakuna Matata on Tumblr

Default Welcome to Outside the Box!

Welcome to Outside the Box, more commonly known by the nickname OtB!

What goes here?
    OtB hosts topics that do not belong in other subforums. Common issues in life, experiences in school, etc.

*To blog or not to blog?
    Sometimes it can be hard to tell whether a topic is better to post in this section or in your blog. Before posting a thread, ask yourself these questions:
    • Is the topic solely about me? (eg. an update on your life, asking members if you should buy a dog or a cat, etc.)
    • Is the topic only relevant for a certain amount of time? (eg. a survey for a school project that's due on Friday)
    • Is the topic meant to generate interest in a site, fanfic, etc. of mine or of an associate?

If the answer is 'yes' to any of those questions, it belongs in a blog.

If the answer is ‘yes’ to the following question:
    • Do I have a question that requires a specific, objective answer that, once provided, would end the discussion?

It goes in the Misc Simple Questions/Simple Answers Thread.

Where does it go?
    After you have ruled out that your topic would be better as a blog, please use the search feature to see if there is already an open thread that focuses on your topic. If there isn’t one, the next step is to post it in the right spot.

OtB has three subforums:

1. Support and Advice
      Here we provide a place where you can request for help on topics varying from love, bullying, and much more. Please be careful regarding what to post and what to accept as advice.
    2. Post Count++
      Topics that are lax on discussion and have ever-changing answers. A great place for new members to quickly up their post counts.
    3. Outside the Box Archive
      A subforum that houses all of the older threads of the section. No posting is allowed in here, but give it a look over. You may find a topic you could revive and start the discussion over again with the input of newer members.

If the first three don't seem to fit your topic, then it belongs in the main section.

Still have a question?
    Or just want to have a little chat? Feel free to contact any of the following staff members:

Kakuna Matata:
    Hey there everyone, I'm Kakuna Matata, or KM for short, the current section head of OtB. Pokémon got to me at the tender age of six and, while my interest in it may vary at times, it continues to be a franchise that remains dear to me. I joined BMGf in September 2010 initially to chat about the Pokémon anime, the games, and shipping. I ended up spending most of my time in Fun and Games, OTB, and the social groups, and eventually became a staff member in these sections in June 2011. The community here is a big part of why I've stuck around for all this time.

In case my username wasn't a give-away, I love The Lion King, and a lot of other Disney movies. Besides Pokémon, my interests from various forms of media include but are not limited to: Arrested Development, Avatar: The Last Airbender, Dangan Ronpa, Fire Emblem, Gravity Falls, RWBY, and Silent Hill.

Feel free to PM or VM me if you want to chat.
    Maglev:
    Hey.

I'm Fab. I'm called that because it stuck. I have other names in other places, but here it's Fab. I'm very interested in electronic music, that is my one true passion. That's not to say I don't like other music, because I most certainly do, but dance music is something else for this two-left-footed person. I also enjoy watching TV, but not had that much time to watch shows I like or may be interested due to being employed as a minimum wage drone. I love it. It allows me to finance my music collection that's growing by the week. I am not Owen Wilson. My role here it to make sure that this subforum stays fun, interesting and inviting. So yeah that's me. I'm not good at these things at all.
    Shiny Celebi:
    Hi Im Shiny Celebi. Im 26 years old and going to turn 27 this year in May. Im on here a lot and dont have very much else to do due to unemployment but I enjoy video games, movies and reading books occasionally. My favorite game series is Pokemon but I enjoy Animal Crossing:New Leaf a lot as well. Im not much of a gamer outside of Pokemon though. Here I also mod Garden Grotto, Help and Suggestions and Pokemon Video Games. I also really love animals and hope to have a career focusing on them in the future. I currently volunteer at a no-kill animal shelter twice a week and enjoy it a lot(also where I adopted my cat from) but I dont have paying job of any sort right now. I really enjoy talking to people here but I can be a bit shy and am not really a conversation starter so feel free to message me anytime you want to chat, I like it when people here talk to me. You can also follow me on Twitter or Tumblr if you care.
    G50:
    Hello, I'm G50. My username is the shortened version of a username I used to have that became nickname of sorts. I've been with Bulbagarden since January of 2011, but have increased in activity in early 2012 after I had more time to start spending here. I spend quite a lot of time between both the Forums and the Wikis, while consistently being involved in some way.

I have quite a few interests. I love to watch sports and have done Martial Arts almost my entire life. I have a few hobbies, writing music, learning about general IRC, Forum, and Wiki technical work, learning languages of Asian origin, and I like to study Entomology. I also like talking about and watching competitive cooking shows and horror movies.

I'm usually very timid and shy around people, though with help from friends I've been gradually breaking out of that shell the past two years. If at any time you have any question, don't be afraid to leave a Visitor Message or send me a Private Message. I will help in any way I can.
    Jo The Marten (in the Support and Advice subforum):
    Hello, my name's Jo. At the moment I'm currently 21 years old, and more than anything I enjoy video games and movies. Some of my favorites include Pokemon, The Legend of Zelda, Silent Hill, Shadow of the Colossus, and so on. My favorite film is the 1986 version of Little Shop of Horrors, and I also love Disney and Studio Ghibli films. I'm one of the mods for the Support section of the forum, but I am also a member of Bulbapedia's Editorial Board where I am the Head of Games. Aside from that, I love animals, and I also love to make things. I enjoy dabbling in various different creative arts such as drawing, sculpting, and sewing. I'm pretty open and patient with people that have good intentions. Don't be afraid to message me either here, or on Twitter.
    With that all out of the way, please enjoy your stay!
    Last edited by Kakuna Matata; 10th February 2014 at 12:30 AM. Reason: Name change
    maglev and Shiny Celebi like this.