Weird ways you've bonded/gotten along with someone - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Weird ways you've bonded/gotten along with someone

Default Re: Weird ways you've bonded/gotten along with someone

Two pretty unlikely cases.

The first one is pretty stupid on my part. When I was 17 I visited a school I had basically no interest in. In the afternoons, when everyone went home, I got out of class almost as if someone had woken me from a week-long coma. I was always insanely tired and bored. And one day, on the way out, I tripped on a rather big set of stairs because I was so god damn tired. It just so happens that my soon-to-be friend (basically your typical 'popular girl') was talking to her friends on the end of that set of stairs.

So here I am. The total creep with long hair and a black textile coat that everyone tries to get away from, flying down a set of stairs in the general direction of some girl while her friends started screaming as if a comet is about to strike our planet out of existence. Well, what can I say: She actually caught me. We still fell to our asses, but she made sure I got out of it without seriously injuring myself. (Or her). Things got going from there and we're great friends to this day.

The second one is a bit more typical. We all know the case of the spilled drink in someones backpack right? Well, in 5th grade, one of the guys from my class had just that problem. All his papers where pretty much useless, but worse yet: The guy was thirsty as all hell because we just came from sport. I offered him my water and we got talking right away. We walked the whole way back to our school together and that pretty much sealed the deal. Over the next few months we became friends.
    They will make pigs of you all and they will bury their snouts into your ribs and they will eat your hearts.

Spider say Burp! Stardust Crusaders's Avatar
    Follow Stardust Crusaders On Twitter Add Stardust Crusaders on Facebook

I was playing Pokémon Pearl on my DS, lying across a sofa in college (My group always sat on the sofas but I was on a free period that no-one else shared with me) and some guy sat down, so I moved my legs, and he was like "no, you can put your feet on me if you want" (He wasn't a complete stranger, just someone in my social group who I've never really talked to before, apart from making a joke at his name (it's the same as a certain wizard boy)) and he started playing Pokémon on his Gameboy. We got talking, we both really like Digimon, Pokémon and Anime. He was my best friend for a while and we would share all our favourite video games with each other, then eventually he became my boyfriend and we're still together now.

Another weird way I made friends with someone was by walking up to them and telling them that they looked 'hug-able' and asked if I could hug them. They said no, but somehow we became friends. Turns out we both play guitar and like Death Note and Animal Crossing and he was in my friend's class, so somehow he started hanging out with my friendship group more, and now he's part of my cosplay 'group'.
    Serenity likes this.
    Captain Crash & The Beauty Queen from Mars

My life is forbidden Serenity's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Add Serenity on Facebook
    Follow Serenity on Tumblr Visit Serenity's Youtube Channel

Mostly Pokemon, music, drawing, Rping, etc.

But I also have gained friends from playing farming simulation games where you woo the opposite sex, raise animals, get married and get rich.

so I herd u liek Mudkipz? noworry's Avatar

"Hi, you're just as weird as me, we should be friends..!"

A Liver Made Fullmetal Misato Katsuragi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Misato Katsuragi on Tumblr

My longest friendship is with a friend where we don't seem to have much in common and all we do is argue.

I'm not sure what brings us together? Probably our mutual weirdness and shared life experiences, I'm guessing.

But we go through a lot of periods of avoiding each other after bad fights (like right now, ugh, and it's over the dumbest thing but he won't admit that).

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

Blog Entries

Follow Jaden on Tumblr Visit Jaden's Youtube Channel

My friendship with two people is founded entirely on the German Naruto opening.

Blog Entries

I bonded with someone over pokemon, Mlp, and various other cartoons. Cartoons are my life. (Only the good ones though...)
    Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp

Ehehe, well, one of my best friendships was formed solely because she rolled one of my favorite characters on Epicmafia. It wasn't just because of that that I like her, of course, but it was how we first started bonding, and here we are now. It's really creepy how by chance it was, actually, but definitely also pretty weird.
    For a star to be born, there is one thing that must happen: a gaseous nebula must collapse. So... collapse. Crumble.
    This is not your destruction.
    This is your birth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyrebird View Post
    Alcohol.
    Same here. I've had long conversations with people that neither of us could remember, and many a friendship of mine has started that way.

I suppose it's not that weird, though then again neither are most of the replies in this thread.
    UnovaCastaway likes this.

I was at my boyfriends house and he invited his best friend who i had never met before(this was when we first started dating) and all me and his friend talked about was people we hated. We bonded pretty quickly because of it.

Blog Entries

I met my husband on an emailing list that I joined back in 1997. It specifically dealt with Transformers. One day, I mention in an email that one of my G1 Bumblebee figures takes a tumble off my desk and I get an email from a guy named Prime.

Two years later, I move to Wisconsin and we've been together ever since. So Bumblebee isn't just an Autobot or a guardian angel, he's also Cupid as well.

Team Battle Maison
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.
    GPX+

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Spent my summer sitting on my balcony, using my friends wifi, cause its the only place I get it. Said balcony has view of the next buildings kitchens and bathroom windows. Would have been fine, if not the awkward looks I got from a neighbor. Strangely started smiling at each other, saying hi and what not on the street and so on just from that. Can't say much else, but it does involve ajar windows. Never went anywhere though, even had the balls to bring over a guy she did.
    And yeah, love of a certain booze brings many peeps together.
    "Funneh bunneh and the dammut Bahamut go on an adventure!"-Chespin Circa 2009

I sure was funner back then, possibly even stupider....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12