A tough question. Which do you pick?

View Poll Results: Which option do you choose?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Be adored by all, but be abysmal at everything.

6 17.65%
  • Be skilled at everything, but disliked by all.

28 82.35%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A tough question. Which do you pick?

Powered by the sky! Delta Uncle Edit's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default A tough question. Which do you pick?

Earlier, I came up with a question that's sure to get anyone thinking; would you rather...
    A. Be loved by everyone, even those who are "evil" or mean, but be absolutely terrible at everything you can possibly conceive of.
    or...
    B. Be spectacularly skilled at anything, from top-notch physical capabilities to amazing knowledge on literally everything, but be despised by everybody, regardless of who they are.

Now, there is no way you can have a mix of the two options, so choose wisely.

Red Hot Gym Leader Flannery's Avatar Forum HeadModerator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: A tough question. Which do you pick?

This is an interesting question. They both have their obvious positives and their obvious drawbacks. I tried to consider it logically and came to the conclusion.

If you choose to be loved by all, but completely inept, you're going to basically be relying on the assistance of others to do anything, even the seemingly most basic tasks. Which means you're probably not going to get very far in life (for obvious reasons).

On the other hand, if you choose to have incredible skill, but be hated by all, you're not going to have many friends. However, your skills mean you're going to have more money than Midas. And with that, you'd be powerful and influential. Even if everyone despises you, they'll fear you and respect you. They'll tolerate you because if they don't you'll bury them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariel
    Everyone has had a crush on Hips. :B

Humanity's Strongest Shiny Celebi's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Wow this is a tough choice. Part of my wants to pick option A, Im a person that wants to be liked by everyone, I just really want to feel like everyone accepts me and likes me. However I do not want to feel useless, it honestly is one of the worst feelings in the world and I just hate it I want to be able to do things myself without help from others. More of me wants to pick option B though. To be great at anything even at the cost of being hated by anyone cause honestly feeling useless to me is sometimes worse than the feeling of being hated, which Ive found I can brush off. Im not really a social person anyway. Im used to kind of being alone and by myself. I guess I pick option B, even though it sounds kind of bad.

Great idea for a thread btw.
    tumblr(not spoiler free)

Powered by the sky! Delta Uncle Edit's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Celebi View Post
    Wow this is a tough choice. Part of my wants to pick option A, Im a person that wants to be liked by everyone, I just really want to feel like everyone accepts me and likes me. However I do not want to feel useless, it honestly is one of the worst feelings in the world and I just hate it I want to be able to do things myself without help from others. More of me wants to pick option B though. To be great at anything even at the cost of being hated by anyone cause honestly feeling useless to me is sometimes worse than the feeling of being hated, which Ive found I can brush off. Im not really a social person anyway. Im used to kind of being alone and by myself. I guess I pick option B, even though it sounds kind of bad.

Great idea for a thread btw.
    Thanks for the compliment, Shiny Celebi. Even I think this is a difficult decision. Assuming one is the lazy type who doesn't do anything, I think option A is better, since they would be very popular despite being completely inept. On the other hand, those who don't really enjoy the company of others and would rather live alone would find option B to be more beneficial, as they can take care of themselves anyways. Since my reasoning for option B seems to suit me better, I guess I'll go with that one, though I must admit, both are equally good and equally bad in their own right.

Blog Entries

I didn't even think about this. I chose the second option because I'd rather rely on myself than others. The fact that I am skilled that everything means that everyone hates me out of jealousy.

People need to focus on improving themselves instead of stressing over others because I don't care what people think regardless.

Y > X

Moon Princess Kaori's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Kaori on Tumblr

I am of a completely different mindset to Jolene. When push comes to shove, I see much more value in love than in abilities despite my own perfectionism with my own skills. I firmly believe that money or skills don't make life, the companionship of those around you does. For that reason, despite my general introversion and deep seated desire to be "good enough" at something I would much rather be inept with even just some good, loving company than hugely talented and hated. For somebody like me, nothing you can have can ever replace or make up for lack of positive relationships in your life.

[12:40:02 AM] Karamazov: I call Kaori the chick who could crush me under her tits
    ~ Proud Head of Entertainment, Inc. ~ Fanclub ~ alpacasso forums ~

Definitely A. Loved by all. Besides if one is loved by all they would have skill at making others happy. And if everyone truly loved you, I'm sure they wouldn't let you go hungry.

Blog Entries
    Follow Muur On Twitter
    Follow Muur on Tumblr Visit Muur's Youtube Channel

Be amazing at everything, I could become a footballer, be the best and have a great life from that. Surely scoring goals would make the fans of the team I play for happy ;o

"No! Why?! Let me down!" DJ Omega's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I don't mean to brag but, I pretty much already live on the B side. When I was in school, I always got perfect grades and was at the top of all my classes. so everyone was making rumors. and they were going all around the school. stuff like "all he ever does is study, he needs a girlfriend" or "he thinks he's too good for school. just because he's the smartest. but he'll have trouble in life". (I don't really think I'm Smart btw)
    but now that I'm in college, I really focusing on my future and I have a wonderful girlfriend, things are looking up. so as @Blake Belladonna; quoted about the B. I think that's the best choice.

These are the kind of question that really makes you think. I'm sure the brains of a few people that read this exploded from not being able to make up their minds

The spirit of all absols The absolis's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow The absolis on Tumblr

I would have to go with B, currently I only interact with one person on the level of friends, so it would not be much different then where I am at now and I don't want to spend my life relying on others because it would make me feel horrible that I was so bad at everything I had to rely on the kindness of others for help. also if I picked A then if everyone likes me then when I meet someone that I don't really like I would feel guilty about not liking them when I know that they like me because everyone does. then theres the fact that if everyone likes me then I would never get a moment alone which while I have too much time alone right now if I never get time alone then I wouldn't be able to do some of the stuff I like to do that requires me to be alone.

banner stolen from tumblr. Yes, I cheated and didn't make it myself.

A E I Own You. PikachuColoredPichu's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Easy, I'd rather be skilled at everything. I'm not that good at socializing, I'm more comfortable being left alone.

"I'm really feeling it!" Chibster's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Chibster on Tumblr Visit Chibster's Youtube Channel

2nd one, of course. Who cares of what others think of you? They are strangers, you have no connection with them. I'd be the one making money with the skills I have, not them. Even if I was hated by everyone(people), I'd my non-human friends to comfort me.
    It's me, kyogre545! 3DS FC: 1864-8930-3851
    Claims: Gin (GNG), Inuyasha, Edward Elric, Vash the Stampede, Makoto Tachibana, Kyogre, Drizzle, Blue Apricorn, Squirtle Doll,, Micaiah, Crimson Loftwing, Smiles and Tears, Peaceful Days
    FS: Metang Klefki Ferroseed
    Join my clubs! ALL HAIL THE MAGIC CONCH, Swanna Fan Club, Sweets+Sugary things, W is for Wumbology, the Study of Wumbo!

Even though it might be a bit lonely (assuming option B really does mean everyone), I'd feel worse if I was completely unskilled. Plus, being likable doesn't really mean much if it attracts the wrong people.

I'd rather be disliked for no good reason than loved for the same thing.

gone...
    Blog Entries
    Add Konstantinos on Facebook
    Follow Konstantinos on Tumblr Visit Konstantinos's Youtube Channel

If I pick A, others would do stuff for me. I'll pick A, I think.

Wow, am I the only one in the poll?
    The War Room
    Random Messages

These two images are more than enough to describe all the fun I had in this forum all over the past year...
    BMGF, 2013-2014... I will never forget you.
    Just wait a little, I'll come back...

This is a rather intersting question. B seems better but kinda hard to choose anyways 'cause even though you'll be almost perfect what awaits you it's only loneliness, you can have all the money and power but no one to your side.. Hypocrits who surely despise you but will try to stick to you to get benefits.
    Being loved by all seems too good to be true, but at what cost? Being an useless being condemned to rely on everyone. That's no life at all. Picking B, I prefer to achive my goals and be capable of stand by myself.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast