Things you wish people knew about you...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Things you wish people knew about you...

Default Things you wish people knew about you...

The title pretty much speaks for itself. List or explain at least one thing that you wish people knew about you...

Example:
    I wish people knew I'm not straight because when I stare at a girl she thinks I'm hating, but really I'm just lesbian

contract? /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Blog Entries
    Follow Cariad On Twitter Add Cariad on Google+
    Follow Cariad on Tumblr Visit Cariad's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Things you wish people knew about you...

There are a lot of things I wish people knew about me. Lots of people seem to mistake me for being a smartass (at school, anyway), when in fact I'm really not that smart at all. Whenever I end up failing an exam or test in school, everyone ends up being shocked, and I always have to explain that I'm really not that smart and really half of my good results are just flukes.

A Liver Made Fullmetal Misato Katsuragi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Misato Katsuragi on Tumblr

I wish the people who spread rumors about me being a "heart-breaker" knew that I am actually a deep, sensitive soul who loves long walks on the beach, has many leather-bound books and an apartment that smells of rich mahogany. I just can't keep myself to one woman!* They are ALL wonderful in their own ways!

*Unless that lady were Lt. Hawkeye

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

Blog Entries

I wish people didn't think I would ever intend on hurting another person. The way I joke around can be a little harsh at times, but I don't mean any harm...

Blog Entries

Follow FinalArcadia on Tumblr Visit FinalArcadia's Youtube Channel

I wish that people in school (teachers, really) knew that it's not that I'm just trying to be difficult or anything, but that I just don't like group projects/assignments because I am uncomfortable working with people I do not know well and would prefer to be graded on my own merits and not whatever we cobble together as a group.

Blog Entries

I also wish people could tell that I have not had it very easy and whenever I don't listen to what you are saying, I don't have any control over that. I have extreme trust issues and even if people have known me for the longest time, I still can't trust them. Mostly because people often kick me out of their lives and ignore my existence. I never try to be difficult, in fact, that's the last thing I want to be. As much as the truth about you're opinion on me would sting, I would rather hear that than find out you were lying to me the whole time. I have no control over my emotions, and they are constantly changing, but even with all of my personal problems, I still love people and help them in any way I possibly can. Hell, I would sacrifice myself for the life of another person.

This is probably obvious by now, but I have incredibly low, if not a lack of self-esteem. Tell me I messed up, and I'll lock up. Yell at me, I'll cry. I have difficulty telling if people are being sincere with their compliments, but I truly wish I could accept them. If I don't talk to you for whatever reason, I'm usually bothered by something and it would be best if I was left alone. I would much rather resolve my own problems than have someone help me, but I recently realized that the fact that I keep things buried inside is probably why I'm the person I am...

This is very silly, but I wish people knew that I'm not very 'zany'. People seem to assume that I am. Maybe it's because I am friends with people who identify as such? I just worry that people expect me to be an interesting, cool, off-beat person. Seriously, don't expect to be splitting your sides or discovering new things or whatever when you're with me. I have very low levels of zaniness.

Follow Momoka on Tumblr

I wish that people could really understand that I'm not as calm and 'harmless' as I appear to be. I mean, if you build your entire image of me on that something is wrong there. I'm pretty cynical(and I don't really have shame in admitting it because I mean why not) and I'm also never as calm as I appear to be... if I ever do seem that way.
    Ebail likes this.

all my life I've tried to hide what history has given me

Blog Entries

Follow Niji on Tumblr

It bothers me when I can feel people seeing only their misconceptions of me when they look at me, which is what I feel like pretty often. Most people see me as awkward, plain, and humorless, as I have nothing to say to most others. I wish they knew I can be entertaining, boisterous, and fun. Sometimes I also wish people could understand some other things I hide from them. The fact that sometimes I'm neither shy, nor happy-go-lucky. I have problems, though less severe than some others are going through, they still hurt.

The Benevolent Cynic Daemon Aki's Avatar

I wish that people knew they could say things to me and it really doesn't faze me. I don't care if you think I'm selfish for something, just tell me, it's not like I'll get you back for it. I really don't care what others think of me: I say my thoughts on something without caring about others reactions/feelings, so I expect no less back, but people always pull their punches and never say things to my face, so they never get the gist that I really don't care.

I'd also like people to understand that just because I know quite a lot, doesn't mean I a) know everything, and b) don't have problems. I've had people coming up asking me to translate Spanish for them, except I never studied Spanish..."Oh? I thought you were brainy..." No, you just asked a subject you wanted help with but I never took. That one really gets on my nerves. People also assume I don't have issues because I must be so brainy I can solve whatever problems come up, right? Yeah, I wish. Being brainy is part of why I get the problems I get, and a lot of very intelligent people were known (after the fact) to have had mental issues or troubles. This is one I can never get people to understand about me, but wish I could.

Such a photogenic face...

Fairy Queen Kaori's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Kaori on Tumblr

I wish people knew that I am actually a huge, often incredibly shy softy when it comes to dealing with others socially - regardless of my tendency to be quite argumentative and cheeky with people I am used to dealing with. I wish people knew that I am not as smart as they always think I am. I wish people knew how much I sometimes believe the self-deprecating humour I use to make them feel less intimidated by me and the conviction I seem to speak with.

[12:40:02 AM] Karamazov: I call Kaori the chick who could crush me under her tits
    ~ Proud Head of Entertainment, Inc. ~ Fanclub ~ Come join the conversation in the Entertainment, Inc. General Chat Thread!~

I wish the people around me (my fellow classmates hint hint) could see that I'm extremely serious about school and that I get angry at them because they are being distracting and crass instead of them seeing me just as a short-tempered, bossy, rule-stickler.

mostly just a recluse
    Blog Entries

i'm not antisocial. i'm okay with talking to you beyond a simple 'how was your day?', honest. unfortunately, i have next to no capacity for speaking (i stutter a lot, and my speech is often interspersed with 'um's and 'uhh's), but if you start a conversation with me i'll do my best to hold it up. my sense of humor's alienating and deadpan, and my interests are rather thin, but i can hold a conversation well enough sometimes. i'd like to think that i'm not very intimidating; notwithstanding my reticence, i'm actually perfectly fine with holding a conversation with you. although i'm not a good conversationalist due to years of simply not speaking to anyone (and, by extension, having no friends), i have no quarrel with anyone who wants to talk. i've garnered a reputation for being the 'really smart quiet guy,' but to be honest, i'm kind of an imbecile. that being said, i'd love to talk if you somehow find the time for me. i understand that i'm a bit of a wallflower, being unattractive, extremely introverted and all, but if you ever want to start a conversation, friends, you're more than welcome.

I don't hate gender/sex questions because I'm "shy" - it's because I'm biologically female, but identified as male growing up, and then decided at 17 to begin dressing as a female but I still feel more like a man in drag than a real woman. It would make things a heck of a lot easier if I could say "I was a boy until I was 17" but that's hard to explain to people.

Currently Playing: X; 7 Badges;
    Delphox (Lv 65) - Vivillion (Lv 65) - Blastoise (Lv 65) - Pangoro (Lv 66) - Amaura (Lv. 69) - Sylveon (Lv. 66)

Orange And Black October Serperiority's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Serperiority On Twitter
    Visit Serperiority's Youtube Channel

I just wish people would know that on the inside, I'm a pretty lonely person. I dislike the fact that nobody gives a damn about me when I'm feeling down. No matter how many times I see myself sad, it hurts me for others to be sad, so I wanna be a great friend and help them out. I'd wish people would understand that I'd really wanna be in a relationship, but nothing ever goes my way. And if I do get in a relationship, I wish she would understand that I'd do my best in keeping her and making her happy because it's hard enough trying to get her, let alone breaking up. That's my train of thought...

Serperior99 Fanclub | Bulbagarden's Californian Club | From the Serperior's Lair, My Blog
    I've claimed Serperior, Overgrow, Bicycle, Poke Ball, & Pokemon White Version

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast