Things that you hate that everyone else loves - Page 9

Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Like Tree169Likes

Thread: Things that you hate that everyone else loves

Default Re: Things that you hate that everyone else loves

I didn't add super obvious things like Twilight or Justin Bieber, everyone hates them :P

Disney
    Harry Potter
    Glee
    Taylor Swift, Michael Jackson and Adele (glad to see others in this thread who agree!)
    Disney
    Babies
    Musicals
    Perfume
    Religion
    Disney
    oh yeah and Disney.
    Last edited by Nyutwo; 28th March 2012 at 07:52 AM.
    mini-chan and AlexTheRose like this.
    "The circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant, it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

- Mewtwo

Blog Entries

Recently, the Hunger Games. I'm not interested in it. Some more things are:

Anime/Manga (Mostly people on this forum)
    Soccer (That's what it's called here. Deal with it.)
    Any crime shows (Except Lie To Me)
    Any ABC family drama
    Most of The Beatles
    Harry Potter
    Glee
    Bob Marley
    Obamacare

EDIT: I gave The Hunger Games a try, and now I like it ^.^
    Last edited by Slenderman; 11th April 2012 at 08:29 AM.
    I don't always resist, but when I do, it's with The Resistance. Stay resistant, my friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Defense
    After all, what is a Resistance member if he doesn't resist?

- I don't like rap... but I wouldn't say that "everyone else loves it" (at least not around where I live)
    - I don't like the 7th Harry Potter book. The others were decent but that last one was just horrible, especially for the last book in the series which should be the best, and it ruined the whole series.
    - I don't like ice cream... a lot of people seem to like it though.
    - I don't especially like tea (I don't live in Britain or Asia so it's not that important though). I probably don't like it beause it's a hit drink, and I don't like any hot drinks
    - I don't like XBox at all
    - I don't like the general direction video games have gone in... N64 games were awesome and then I don't know what happened. They must have run out of ideas or something. Sure, there's some good games, but not nearly as many as there were back with the N64. The GCN / PS2 seemed to only really care about improving the graphics and the Wii seems to be all about "innovation" with the crazy controller which I don't especially like anyway. It would be nice if it actually was innovative (like the WarioWare games, for example) but a lot of the time the controller is just used as a gimmick

Blog Entries
    Follow Mitsuru On Twitter
    Follow Mitsuru on Tumblr Visit Mitsuru's Youtube Channel

Raymond

Dubstep.
    (Most) animu.
    Tomatoes.
    Twilight and Bieber.
    The word "ain't". ("Irregardless", as well, but it's not so much as being commonplace.)
    Glee. (Not so much "hate" as just "don't care to see ever".)
    Spelling, punctuation and grammatical errors.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsuru View Post
    Raymond

Dubstep.
    (Most) animu.
    Tomatoes.
    Twilight and Bieber.
    The word "ain't". ("Irregardless", as well, but it's not so much as being commonplace.)
    Glee. (Not so much "hate" as just "don't care to see ever".)
    Spelling, punctuation and grammatical errors.
    What's "Dubstep"? I keep seeing videos on YouTube labelled as "the Dubstep remix".
    Also, "ain't" being common and "irregardless" not being common is reversed in my opinion. I hear "irregardless" a lot more than I hear "ain't" (although I don't hear either of them that much). Those words don't bother me too much... at least they're real words. Word that I hate include "Febuary" (without the "r"), "libary" (without the "r"), and "foilage" (instead of "foliage"). But again, I don't hear these words that much anyway, and when I do it's usually people just trying to act stupid. Another thing I hate is when people add an "r" to the word "wash", saying "warsh" or "Warshington". I know that it's a regional thing, but it is annoying (and again, I hardly ever hear people talking that that).
    And here's what I really hate... the phrase "near miss". It makes no sense. "Near hit" would make sense (as it was close to hitting) or "miss" would make sense (as it missed)... but it's not a "near miss" (implying it was close to missing but actually hit).
    Another thing that I hate is when people talk about "2012 will be the end of the world" as being a Mayan prophecy. Even when they're joking about it. It's just not true The Mayans never predicted that the world would end in 2012... all that happened is that the last day of their really-advanced calendar was in 2012 (and then presumably the calendar would repeat itself or something).

Blog Entries
    Follow Mitsuru On Twitter
    Follow Mitsuru on Tumblr Visit Mitsuru's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by dannyjenn View Post
    What's "Dubstep"? I keep seeing videos on YouTube labelled as "the Dubstep remix".
    Essentially the end result of throwing a box of nails, a car engine and a small animal into a blender and repeatedly pressing pulse.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    Dubstep (/ˈdʌbstɛp/) is a genre of electronic dance music that originated in South London, United Kingdom. Its overall sound has been described as "tightly coiled productions with overwhelming bass lines and reverberant drum patterns, clipped samples, and occasional vocals".
    Source
    AlexTheRose likes this.

Blog Entries

I don't like rap or hip hop.
    I don't like artists like T-Pain who use auto-tune.
    I don't like baseball.
    And I don't like obvious spelling, grammar, and punctuation errors either. I don't know many people who love such errors, though.

You Are (Not) Fine Winterdaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Winterdaze on Tumblr

Daylight Savings Time.
    It really messes with my sleeping patterns, and summer days are long enough already.
    AlexTheRose likes this.

A Liver Made Fullmetal Misato Katsuragi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Misato Katsuragi on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsuru View Post
    Tomatoes.
    Someone else who shares my feels about tomatoes!

I hate the movie Titanic and I hate chocolate-flavored ice cream. I'm sure I have more but I'm not thinking of them right now.

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

Blog Entries
    Follow Mintaka On Twitter
    Follow Mintaka on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Goodbye Blue Monday View Post
    I hate the movie Titanic and I hate chocolate-flavored ice cream. I'm sure I have more but I'm not thinking of them right now.
    I don't like chocolate ice cream either. -_-
    I hate the kinds that have additional candy or sweets in them. I tried Rocky Road once; it was too sweet for me. 0_0

- I hate Grand Theft Auto. I can't see the charm of playing the series. Do they even have a mission or some story? When I see gameplays of it, it's just driving around a city causing havoc.
    - I also hate those online multiplayer shooting games. How can a person keep themselves entertained with such repetitive games for hours, that amazes me >_<
    AlexTheRose likes this.

FC: 2294-4703-4926 | 제노바
    Friend Safari Info: Flying (Pidgey, Hoothoot, Fletchfinder)

A Liver Made Fullmetal Misato Katsuragi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Misato Katsuragi on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Mintaka View Post
    I hate the kinds that have additional candy or sweets in them. I tried Rocky Road once; it was too sweet for me. 0_0
    See, I like Rocky Road and I LOVE flavors like mint chocolate chip or cookie dough. I just can't stand pure chocolate ice cream.
    Jezebel.com recently did a "sex vs. chocolate" march-madness style bracket, and chocolate ice cream was in the final four or something. I think because a lot of clueless people were forgetting the "chocolate" part of the poll and thinking they were voting for ice cream in general. It really frustrated me for some reason. It was beating out chocolate milkshakes and truffles and other DELICIOUS things! What the hell?

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

Blog Entries

I'm not really a fan of crisps.

I also despise Call of Duty or similar games. THEY SUCK. I also suck at them, but I do not see the attraction to those sorts of games at all. All it does is induce extreme madness as far as I can see.
    AlexTheRose likes this.

Blog Entries
    Follow AlexTheRose On Twitter
    Visit AlexTheRose's Youtube Channel

Arrow Re: Things that you hate that everyone else loves

Quote Originally Posted by NfiNity View Post
    Hamburgers. Kinda ironic, since America(whom I LOVE) loves them, I just can't stomach the thought of eating one.
    All you have to do is get genetically accustomed to the mechanically-seperated hyperprocessed animal-64 alternate that makes up all of the ingredients on the sandwich, and then you can manage how revolting fast food burgers here are.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratochu View Post
    Coke, Pepsi or whatever that tastes like those.
    Try RC-Cola, its got next to zero 'bite' like the big sodas do, which (apparently) makes it a drink to mix alcohol with.

Quote Originally Posted by Mintaka View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodbye Blue Monday View Post

- I hate Grand Theft Auto. I can't see the charm of playing the series. Do they even have a mission or some story? When I see gameplays of it, it's just driving around a city causing havoc.
    - I also hate those online multiplayer shooting games. How can a person keep themselves entertained with such repetitive games for hours, that amazes me >_<
    I knew a guy who played the Xbox every single day for like three years. He introduced me to RuneScape many years ago before he bailed on that as well for Halo 3 Multiplayer.

I'm sure others have mentioned it, but My Little Pony. It's a children's television show for Christ's sake. What would drive all of these grown adults into all of this promotion on Pokémon forums, SimCity forums, and everywhere that isn't a My Little Pony forum/community. One of these MLP fanatics needs to stop horsing around (pun intended) and shell out six or seven hundred dollars and get that fanbase their own home, because it is beyond reason to have a My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic category on AnimeWallpapers.com. There's a lot more, but we all know how it is, so I'll finish here.
    —AlexTheRose

The PokéSphere Forums!

Blog Entries
    Follow Mintaka On Twitter
    Follow Mintaka on Tumblr

Can't believe I forgot to post that, but I don't really like hamburgers either. The ones sold at fast food restaurants. I only eat those when I don't have other options to eat a quick meal with. Sort of hate that oily taste, and the soggy bread gets stuck in the teeth. -_-

FC: 2294-4703-4926 | 제노바
    Friend Safari Info: Flying (Pidgey, Hoothoot, Fletchfinder)

Blog Entries

I'm not a huge fan of anime. I really only like DBZ and the 1st 3 gens of pokemon anime. (Also, Teen Titans, but it's American, so...) Also, manga. I can't ever make myself read the stuff. The only Japanese stuff I really like is video games. I also hate rap, hip hop, dubstep, and most country music. (The only exception being Johnny Cash.)
    I don't always resist, but when I do, it's with The Resistance. Stay resistant, my friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Defense
    After all, what is a Resistance member if he doesn't resist?

Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast