Tattoos (and other body art)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Tattoos (and other body art)

Panne Cottontail Kakuna Matata's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Kakuna Matata on Tumblr

Default Tattoos (and other body art)

What are your thoughts on tattoos and other forms of body art? Are they a perfect medium to express yourself, or are they a waste of money? If you have one or many, what do they mean to you?

Feel free to post pictures as well, either of your own or of others', but keep them tasteful.

~*~*~

I've considered getting one or two small tattoos on my back, but could never come to a decision on what to get exactly. (Plus there are other things I'd rather spend my money on.)

maglev maglev's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Tattoos (and other body art)

I personally wouldn't get one, it's just not for me. I'm not really fond of tattoos at all.
    seconds to forever

Blog Entries
    Follow Cariad On Twitter Add Cariad on Google+
    Follow Cariad on Tumblr Visit Cariad's Youtube Channel

I'd actually quite like to have a tattoo, but not something too big or fancy. My sister has quite a nice one, "cariad" on her wrist, which means "love" in Welsh. I'd maybe like something like a small dragon on my shoulder or something, or maybe just a word written somewhere. I think it's a good way to showcase your inner self, but I'm not fond of thousands of tattoos covering the skin.

Blog Entries

Follow Setra on Tumblr Visit Setra's Youtube Channel

Eh, I've never personally wanted one. But they do look good on some people. But I don't like it when you can't see the person's skin anymore. @_@

Blog Entries

Follow Booster the Gawd on Tumblr

I've would like to have one plastered all over my left arm where my watch is. Me being a wuss I could never take that amount of pain.
    My cousin has a harry potter tattoo, the whole scene where Dumbledore dies, it's pretty awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Booster Gold View Post
    My cousin has a harry potter tattoo, the whole scene where Dumbledore dies, it's pretty awesome.
    Oh my GOSH. I bet that is glorious. You cousin is the best cousin in the history of cousins, dude!

I don't have a tattoo but wouldn't mind one. I'm so indecisive, though, that I fear that whatever I choose, I'll stop loving it (the subject of the tattoo) like a week later. At first, I desperately wanted the Death Eater's tattoo from Harry Potter before my boyfriend at the time informed me that he would dump me if I got such a thing. Realtionship pressure plz. So then I thought "Why not a golden snitch?" But then, as would happen, I fell out of the Potterhead stage.

Honestly - and completely not saying this because this is a Pokemon website - the only thing or subject that I could see enjoying for the rest of my life is Pokemon. I've thought of a Pokeball - something simple. But then I feel like I would want a Team Rocket twist on it, possibly something with Rocketshipping, and just fall flat on what I would want because I wouldn't want it to be too big or too elaborate.

So, meh. If I never get one, I'll be fine. If I do, really see it being with Pokemon with all the wonderful memories and experiences. Overall, I find them neat and expressive but definitely something that I would probably rather look at than get myself.
    Booster the Gawd likes this.

mostly just a recluse
    Blog Entries

quite a few of my friends have tattoos, and i used to like them a lot when i was like fourteen/fifteen i wanted a full sleeve of something, but i wasn't sure of what.

now i'm not too sure. if i were to get one now i'd probably get something on my chest that covers the large amount of skin pigmentation that i've lost over the years, but i just don't like the idea. i've come up with a few decent/good/original ideas for tattoos in the past few or so, but nothing that after scrutiny, i'd want to keep for the rest of my life, however long that may be - if i can't like a design for over a week, there's no chance that i'd like it enough for it to stay with me for however long i'll end up living. i'm extremely capricious and a coward when it comes to pain, so i don't think that i could/would get one. not to mention i don't like a lot of them. obviously people can do what they want with their bodies, though, and i respect people who choose to get tattoos. a few of them turn out to be pretty awesome.

A Liver Made Fullmetal Misato Katsuragi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Misato Katsuragi on Tumblr

I wouldn't get one, only because I have the lowest pain tolerance in the universe.

But I've thought about what it would be if I got one. There was a girl who lived on my floor in college my sophomore year, who was a violist (I went to a music conservatory) and she had an alto clef tattoo on her ankle, and as a cellist and a bassist I always thought if I got a tattoo it would be a bass clef.

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

Blog Entries

I like them. As long as they are subtle and not too striking. I would aspire to get one someday, if I ever see one that I knew i'd love the sight of forever. I've yet to find anything I wouldn't regret.

Blog Entries
    Follow Cariad On Twitter Add Cariad on Google+
    Follow Cariad on Tumblr Visit Cariad's Youtube Channel

Here's an interesting tattoo design I found the other day while searching Tumblr. It's a semicolon on the wrist; to symbolise how a sentence could've ended, but didn't. I think it's a really meaningful and clever design and I wouldn't be adverse to having it one day.

A Liver Made Fullmetal Misato Katsuragi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Misato Katsuragi on Tumblr

Hey, I could get one of these tattoos!

Contrariwise: Literary Tattoos | Goodbye Blue Monday

(And yes, the Vonnegut use of the phrase is where I got my username.)

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

Blog Entries

Follow Oswin on Tumblr

I would regret having a tattoo eventually, no matter what. I have seen people with cool ones, but they're not for me.

That's the way it is Tepig in a BBQ's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I have a rose tattoo on my ankle and I am probably gonna get another tattoo, but not sure where.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries
    Add reorio on Facebook

I don't want them done but there are some funny ones.

追放されたバカ

I'd like to get a butterfly tattoo on my ankle or my shoulder - just something small, simple, and pretty.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast