Language Help/Discussion/Advice Thread - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Language Help/Discussion/Advice Thread

Blog Entries

Follow Oswin on Tumblr

Default Re: Language Help/Discussion/Advice Thread

I'm fluent in English and beginner in French. I can hold basic conversations/ask questions but not much else. I'm trying to learn it in my free time but I'm either busy or lazy.

Dauntless Fried Chicken Voltaire Magneton's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Voltaire Magneton On Twitter Add Voltaire Magneton on Facebook

I know Filipino as a native language, and English as a second language.

Ang inyo pong binabasa ay isang halimbawa ng isang pangungusap sa wikang Filipino.

URPG STATS! Claimed Dusknoir! Leppa Berry! Exp. Share! Pick Up! Parting Shot! Petalburg Woods Forums!

Blog Entries
    Follow Cariad On Twitter Add Cariad on Google+
    Follow Cariad on Tumblr Visit Cariad's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Caite-chan View Post
    @Meulin Leijon I found it much easier to speak once I knew what it was I was saying. xD (And I cheated always writing everything in Romaji in my books...lol.)
    Oh, well that makes sense. xDDD Aww, bet that didn't go down well with your teacher. ^^;; Is there another form of writing it too?

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Pschitt View Post
    @Meulin Leijon; Oh, lord, I could maybe have a conversation with a three-year-old. And English is really a language that's been fucked up beyond belief when it comes to pronunciation and word forms and stuff like that, so French makes a ton of sense to me, but all the memorizing is hard. Then there's the occasional word that's not pronounced the way it's spelled, like "travail" (it sounds like "travile" instead of "travale" like it should).
    Well then that's still pretty good, if you take into consideration that a French three-year old would've been around people speaking French for three years. And I struggle a bit while pronouncing English words, some of them just make no sense to me at all. ^^;; But ah, memorising always is the hard part of a language in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by fabfab View Post
    @Meulin Leijon; Updated the OP, I speak, read and write a little Italian from my school days.

I'm not good at it xD
    Thanks for the update! xD And oooh, Italian, such a pretty language~ Can you hold a conversation? xD and i saw what you put in the welsh part :p

Quote Originally Posted by PkmnGreen View Post
    I'm fluent in English and beginner in French. I can hold basic conversations/ask questions but not much else. I'm trying to learn it in my free time but I'm either busy or lazy.
    I'll add you in. c: Mm, I find that when I try to learn languages in my free time I just get to lazy to do it. ^^;;

Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire Magneton View Post
    I know Filipino as a native language, and English as a second language.

Ang inyo pong binabasa ay isang halimbawa ng isang pangungusap sa wikang Filipino.
    Alrighty, I'll add you in. ^^ Wow, Filipino is another hard language. :o

Blog Entries

I'm fluent in English. I've been studying both Irish and French for five years now, and Spanish and German for four. I'm relatively experienced in Irish, French and Spanish, and could probably function talking those languages if I needed to, but my German is a bit less advanced than I would like. You could put me down as experienced (or something similar, if you're going to include that sort of rank in your "key" ;p) for Irish, French and Spanish, and moderate for German, I guess.

I'd really like to learn Latin and Japanese someday. They both seem like really interesting languages. Perhaps when I have more free time in the future I could consider attempting to teach myself.

Blog Entries

I don't wanna sound like a douche, but I forgot to mention that in addition to French, I have attempted to learn 6 other languages. Spanish, German, Portuguese, Italian, Russian, Chinese and Japanese. Out of all this effort, I have little to show for it. I can read Cyrillic Script and Hiragana and Katakana. That's about it.

I kinda had a language obsession when I was around 15.

Blog Entries

I can hold simple conversations in Spanish and English. I'm taking Chinese this semester but I'm not very good at it :C
    My life is a nightmare

You don't know me. Jack Pschitt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sourcandy View Post
    I can hold simple conversations in Spanish and English. I'm taking Chinese this semester but I'm not very good at it :C
    You mean you aren't even fluent in English? D:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Meulin Leijon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zima View Post
    My native language is American English, so I'm naturally fluent in that, and I am a beginner at Russian.
    I'll add you in now. c: Wow, Russian?! That's amazing! :o I've always seen Russian as such a complicated language, do you find it complicated?
    It's certainly different from English, but since I haven't attempted learning any other languages, I can't really compare it to anything else. After the alphabet is memorized and stuck, it's actually quite easy considering the cognates. :)

Blog Entries

Follow Shinobu on Tumblr

When my mom learned Russian she never liked the cases.

I'm a native English speaker. I'd call myself intermediate in Spanish, and I have some conversational proficiency. I guess I'd also be intermediate in Japanese.

Blog Entries

I won't bite... much. SharKing's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow SharKing On Twitter
    Visit SharKing's Youtube Channel

I'm a native speaker of English. I'm also a beginner in Japanese; I've been studying on my own time for almost five years, but without a "proper" method of study, progress has been agonizingly slow. I've fully memorized Hiragana and Katakana, I've learned a few words over the years, and I'm primarily working on sentence structure as of this post.
    This post brought to you by
    SharKing Productions

If you want to battle me, trade with me, or use my Friend Safari in X/Y, my FC is 1220 7381 3516.

I'm not just on BMGf. Check me out on:
    YouTube | Twitter | Smogon Forums | Marriland Forums

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SharKing View Post
    I'm a native speaker of English. I'm also a beginner in Japanese; I've been studying on my own time for almost five years, but without a "proper" method of study, progress has been agonizingly slow. I've fully memorized Hiragana and Katakana, I've learned a few words over the years, and I'm primarily working on sentence structure as of this post.
    I just added you in. c: Well, I suppose it must be hard if you're doing it on-and-off, right? But ah, do you find structuring sentences hard or easy? I've always found it complicated with most languages. :c

I won't bite... much. SharKing's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow SharKing On Twitter
    Visit SharKing's Youtube Channel

Considering my situation, I guess it's a little on the hard side. I don't have what I feel is a reliable reference for particles and stuff like that.
    This post brought to you by
    SharKing Productions

If you want to battle me, trade with me, or use my Friend Safari in X/Y, my FC is 1220 7381 3516.

I'm not just on BMGf. Check me out on:
    YouTube | Twitter | Smogon Forums | Marriland Forums

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Greek speaker over here. I also know english, as its my native language, but everyone knows English, so yeah. But Greek man, its all sorts of difficult.
    "Funneh bunneh and the dammut Bahamut go on an adventure!"-Chespin Circa 2009

I sure was funner back then, possibly even stupider....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SharKing View Post
    Considering my situation, I guess it's a little on the hard side. I don't have what I feel is a reliable reference for particles and stuff like that.
    Hm? A reference for particles? What do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Chespin View Post
    Greek speaker over here. I also know english, as its my native language, but everyone knows English, so yeah. But Greek man, its all sorts of difficult.
    Wow, Greek huh? That's a pretty language, if a language can be defined as "pretty". How long have you been learning it?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast