Kingdom of Animals - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Kingdom of Animals

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Follow Mintaka On Twitter
    Follow Mintaka on Tumblr

Default Re: Kingdom of Animals

I love birds, I used to have a bird feeder at the backyard at our apartment in NY, and even in early morning, you could hear birds in the dark.

Speaking of peregrine falcons,

Both birds are amazing. The goshawk is really impressive, like a moment it seems to hit a tree and barely goes between a narrow space in the trees.

FC: 2294-4703-4926 | 제노바
    Friend Safari Info: Flying (Pidgey, Hoothoot, Fletchfinder)
    avi | gif source

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheMissingno. View Post
    Foxes have to be the personification of adorable, wow. It's too bad they've been given such a horrible public image on the news lately ... They're considering culling them because of that attack on the child. Kinda saddening, I love foxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mintaka View Post
    Both birds are amazing. The goshawk is really impressive, like a moment it seems to hit a tree and barely goes between a narrow space in the trees.
    That's truly impressive. Goshawk's are stunning birds. I prefer falcons to hawks, just a personal preference really.
    i'm gone, contact me here or here

Rocket traditionalist Hunter Blade's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow Hunter Blade on Tumblr

I absolutely love burrowing owls. And barn owls. But mostly burrowing. I'm not really sure why. Maybe because it's a bird that lives in the ground.
    Team Rocket - We're back in business.
    Actually, I never left.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Blade View Post

I absolutely love burrowing owls. And barn owls. But mostly burrowing. I'm not really sure why. Maybe because it's a bird that lives in the ground.
    Now that's a bird who defies it's purpose in species to take on a new role. xD I love burrowing owls, too. We don't get any kinda owl here where I live, but I've always wanted to see one in real life. :< I've held a hawk on my hand before, but never an owl. I've never even seen one, so ... ^^;; I saw one of these while out at the lake today, so cute:

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Meulin Leijon View Post
    Now that's a bird who defies it's purpose in species to take on a new role. xD I love burrowing owls, too. We don't get any kinda owl here where I live, but I've always wanted to see one in real life. :< I've held a hawk on my hand before, but never an owl. I've never even seen one, so ... ^^;; I saw one of these while out at the lake today, so cute:

Canada goose. .__________.
    Burnwithfireburnwithfireburnwithfireburnwithfire.

That is the one exception for birds. I hate Canada geese. They're cruel, territorial, take over yards, poop everywhere, are really dirty, they're as numerous as pigeons, walk across the middle of busy roads blocking traffic.... and yet, for some reason, it's a crime in most states to touch them. Some idiots made it a crime to do anything to them, and even if you accidentally hit them with your car because they know people won't so they'll cross nearly any road, you get in trouble for it. But when it's a deer, raccoon, fox, etc, nobody cares. When I lived in North Dakota they were just another bird, and people could shoot at them if they were causing problems (since farming is a huge deal up there, so they need to be able to protect their lands from invasive animals), so they weren't a huge problem like in Illinois where I live now....
    Actually, I never left.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Wah, I never knew that! Are they really that bad? That sounds terrible, I honestly had no idea about that. I've only ever seen them as the shy, quiet birds at the back of the lake who are always picked on by the swans ... Huh, guess I saw that wrong, then! They're as numerous as pigeons over there? That feels so weird to think about, here, we have about 90% pigeons and seagulls and 10% anything else. :<

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

They're probably fine over in Wales, it's just here in America that they're horribly invasive, since people think it's a crime against nature to thin their numbers a little.

Actually, I never left.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Blade View Post
    They're probably fine over in Wales, it's just here in America that they're horribly invasive, since people think it's a crime against nature to thin their numbers a little.

Really? Surely if there's not many of them that it's actually causing distress, it'd be okay to cut them down just a little bit? Or at least make a home from them away from civilization, like a natural park or something. The lake I go to is a natural park, you get to see loads of birds and even otters there. It's awesome.

Ah, well yes, that does look like a bit of a problem. o-o

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Meulin Leijon View Post
    Really? Surely if there's not many of them that it's actually causing distress, it'd be okay to cut them down just a little bit? Or at least make a home from them away from civilization, like a natural park or something. The lake I go to is a natural park, you get to see loads of birds and even otters there. It's awesome.

Ah, well yes, that does look like a bit of a problem. o-o
    Doesn't matter, they'll go for any water or green grassy area. And the biggest problem isn't really the geese themselves, it's the city folk not understanding that sometimes it's okay to kill an animal if it's being a problem, and they're the ones who get the laws passed. Seems the only thing they don't mind killing are roaches and rats.
    Actually, I never left.

You don't know me. Jack Pschitt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Speaking of roaches, here's an adorable little guy called the Madagascar hissing cockroach.

They call him the Madagascar hissing cockroach because he's a beetle from Venezuela that talks.

play later - sleep now! Playful_Weasel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Add Playful_Weasel on Facebook Add Playful_Weasel on Google+
    Visit Playful_Weasel's Youtube Channel

Of all the animals that exist in today's world, cats and mustelids are my favorites. My top 2 favories are cougar and weasel.

I'm always interested in learning all about the animals in the world, so seeing lots of images of them on this topic really caught my attention, can't wait to see more and read about them.

My top 2 favorite real-world animals also live in the same state I live in - Washington. Too bad that certain times a year both of them end up in the rural communities, just outside of our larger populated cities.

If I could I would love to have a pet weasel.

I don't mind seeing tons of images of cougars online, but if I saw one in real life I'd be panicked (in the wild)
    Last edited by Playful_Weasel; 18th February 2013 at 11:08 PM. Reason: remove attched image, I just ment to add link address inside the spoiler tags
    Watchog's #1 Fan!!
    PokeMustelid & PokeFelines too!
    -
    FC: 4871-3995-3493 - Steel Safari: Magneton - Skarmory - Excadrill
    My Original Team - Pokemon Y - IGN Maria
    Delphox - shiny Mienshao - Watchog - Lucario - Sylveon - Vaporeon

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Pschitt View Post
    Speaking of roaches, here's an adorable little guy called the Madagascar hissing cockroach.

Blllluuuurgh, that thing is disgusting! ;--; I'm not a fan of bugs!

They call him the Madagascar hissing cockroach because he's a beetle from Venezuela that talks.
    Blllluuuurgh, that thing is disgusting! ;--; I'm not a fan of bugs! .... Wait, then why do they call him the "Madagascar" cockroach? Last time I checked Madagascar wasn't in Venezuela. O.o;;

Quote Originally Posted by LiepardTrainer View Post
    Of all the animals that exist in today's world, cats and mustelids are my favorites. My top 2 favories are cougar and weasel.

I'm always interested in learning all about the animals in the world, so seeing lots of images of them on this topic really caught my attention, can't wait to see more and read about them.

My top 2 favorite real-world animals also live in the same state I live in - Washington. Too bad that certain times a year both of them end up in the rural communities, just outside of our larger populated cities.

If I could I would love to have a pet weasel.

I don't mind seeing tons of images of cougars online, but if I saw one in real life I'd be panicked (in the wild)
    It must be awesome living in the state that some of your favourite animals live in! Aw, weasels are adorable! I don't know how I'd feel about having one as a pet though, they need wilderness. ;w; But oh, if I saw any big cat while I was outside I think I'd be terrified too. Luckily I have no chance, the most dangerous thing we have any near me if an alder snake. >>;;

You don't know me. Jack Pschitt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemoll View Post
    Blllluuuurgh, that thing is disgusting! ;--; I'm not a fan of bugs!
    I have a picture somewhere of me holding one when I was maybe six years old. Good times.

.... Wait, then why do they call him the "Madagascar" cockroach? Last time I checked Madagascar wasn't in Venezuela. O.o;;
    I'm gonna let you in on a little secret.

Simpler times ahead
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I love birds and all sorts of felines, I dunno why. Birds obviously because of the massive diversity in all of them, colors calls habitats and what not, but felines, I just guess their pure majesty in the wild is awe-inspiring. Not to mention even if they're big blood thirsty predators they still look like big lovable balls of fur like domestic cats do.
    "Funneh bunneh and the dammut Bahamut go on an adventure!"-Chespin Circa 2009

I sure was funner back then, possibly even stupider....

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I like whales.
    Actually, I never left.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast