Kingdom of Animals

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Kingdom of Animals

Blog Entries
    Follow Cariad On Twitter Add Cariad on Google+
    Follow Cariad on Tumblr Visit Cariad's Youtube Channel

Default Kingdom of Animals

Quick notice: This is not a thread for pet discussion, this is for the animal kingdom in general. If you wish to discuss pets, please do so here. Thanks.

Whether they're big, small, furry, slimy, creepy, cute, slow or quick, animals dominate the majority of the Earth itself, living in places humans could never dream of inhabiting. Some animals are born to roam the scorching deserts of Africa while others dwell in the ocean and even the coldest points of the Earth.

In my opinion, animals are all amazing creatures in many various ways. Dogs have the appeal of being cute yet loyal, whales are graceful and titanic, even ants have the appeal of being hard-working.

Here is a discussion thread purely dedicated to animals. Do you have a particular favourite? Is there a certain animal you despise? Are there any animals you're fascinated by, or are their even animals that terrify you? Share your animal opinions here. Feel free to post pictures of animals if you feel the need. c:

Personally, I love animals. I'm fascinated by them. They're so diverse in nature and ability, yet all of them have adapted perfectly into various terrains and environments. While of course there will always be animals I dislike (I'm not too keen on creepy-crawlies), I admit that I have a soft spot for the majority.

Reptiles, mammals, creepy-crawlies, birds ... All of them a key role in the way our world works. What do you think about them?

Discuss away. c:
    Last edited by Cariad; 7th February 2013 at 02:46 PM.

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Default Re: Kingdom of Animals

I personally love animals and think they are fascinating, many of them can do things we can't like dogs having their sense of smell being much greater than ours or animals that can run much faster than we, such as Cheetahs. They are so diverse and interesting. The world wouldnt be the same without them certainly. Id certainly love to learn much more about many kinds of animals.

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Animals are awesome. Here is an image of a white peacock:

That's nice.

Rocket traditionalist Hunter Blade's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Hunter Blade on Tumblr

I used to want to be a zoologist until I found out I'd have to take multiple biology classes, including a couple about human anatomy...

But animals are cool. I work at a summer camp out in the countryside about an hour from the nearest major city, and it's cool just walking into the forest on the outskirts of the camp and just sitting there. At first all of the birds and lizards and whatnot hide, since oh no a human! But if you just sit there watching for a while, they all slowly come back and mostly ignore you. I've even had deer walk by about 20 feet away from me. They still watch to make sure I don't come after them, yeah, but it's amazing how they just slowly accept that a human is with them and then don't bother after a while. The porcupines though, they don't even care. They'll walk right by you without even glancing at you.
    Team Rocket - We're back in business.
    Actually, I never left.

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Animals that shouldn't be able to fly that can fly:

Squirrels
    Snakes
    Squids
    Fish
    Frogs

Furthermore, when I was typing in "list of animals that can fly" to the Wikipedia search bar, one of the auto-completed entries was "list of animals that explode," which led me to this fascinating article on exploding animals.
    That's nice.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aquanova View Post
    I personally love animals and think they are fascinating, many of them can do things we can't like dogs having their sense of smell being much greater than ours or animals that can run much faster than we, such as Cheetahs. They are so diverse and interesting. The world wouldnt be the same without them certainly. Id certainly love to learn much more about many kinds of animals.
    I feel much the same. c: I can't imagine a world without animals; I fear it'd be a lonely and sad place. Just passing someone with a dog on the street makes me smile, and I agree, the diversity of skills and attributes between various species is fascinating.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMissingno. View Post
    Animals are awesome. Here is an image of a white peacock:

Oh my, I've never seen a white peacock before! *A* It's absolutely beautiful! I love peacock feathers, they're so pretty. Talking about pretty animals, look at this fish:

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Blade View Post
    I used to want to be a zoologist until I found out I'd have to take multiple biology classes, including a couple about human anatomy...

But animals are cool. I work at a summer camp out in the countryside about an hour from the nearest major city, and it's cool just walking into the forest on the outskirts of the camp and just sitting there. At first all of the birds and lizards and whatnot hide, since oh no a human! But if you just sit there watching for a while, they all slowly come back and mostly ignore you. I've even had deer walk by about 20 feet away from me. They still watch to make sure I don't come after them, yeah, but it's amazing how they just slowly accept that a human is with them and then don't bother after a while. The porcupines though, they don't even care. They'll walk right by you without even glancing at you.
    That sounds absolutely amazing. Living in a city I've never really had the opportunity to be up close and personal with anything other than tamed animals, and the nearest zoo is in England. :< I've seen a deer before, when I went hiking with my dad a long time ago. It was only a glance though, my dad scared it off by shouting. Aw, those porcupines sound adorable. <3 Too bad about the zoology thing. :/

Trophies
    Blog Entries

That is a cool looking fish. I'm a big fan of leafy sea dragons.

That's nice.

Blog Entries

Animals that shouldn't be able to fly that can fly:

Squirrels
    Snakes
    Squids
    Fish
    Frogs

Furthermore, when I was typing in "list of animals that can fly" to the Wikipedia search bar, one of the auto-completed entries was "list of animals that explode," which led me to this fascinating article on exploding animals.
    I have a serious soft-spot for flying squirrels, but I had no idea any of the others could. :o A flying squid? Sounds like something out of a horror movie, but I'm sure there's gotta be a cute picture of one. I'll look that up.

Just reading that article made my mind boggle. Wow. Exploding animals is a first for me.

That is a cool looking fish. I'm a big fan of leafy sea dragons.

Now /that/ is adorable. I used to have an obsession with those things, they're so mysterious-looking while still managing to be graceful. I watched a documentary about them once. Fascinating creatures.

Blog Entries

I used to love green moray eels. They're creepily beautiful, like a sea serpent.

And then I remember when the coelacanth hit the news big time a few years back when they found another live one. If you don't recognize it, this is what Relicanth was based off of.
    Actually, I never left.

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Foxes and fox derivatives.

Red fox:

Fennec fox:

Maned wolf:

Tibetan fox:

Domesticated silver fox:
    That's nice.

Blog Entries

Blog Entries

Siberian dwarf hamsters. My sister used to have one.

Actually, I never left.

You don't know me. Jack Pschitt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Dammit, thanks to this thread I want a pet fox. ;_;

I really like learning about native animals, which for those of you who aren't aware means Floridian animals to me. Here're some Florida panthers.

Every single one of these things looks pissed off at all times. That's just their face.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Blade View Post
    Siberian dwarf hamsters. My sister used to have one.

Wow those things are cute! :o How big are they approximately? They look so tiny. ;w;

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Pschitt View Post
    Dammit, thanks to this thread I want a pet fox. ;_;

I really like learning about native animals, which for those of you who aren't aware means Floridian animals to me. Here're some Florida panthers.

Every single one of these things looks pissed off at all times. That's just their face.
    Oh wow, they look like their life is a never ending circle of hell. ;-; Cheer up little panthers! They're pretty cute, even though their expression amuses me. -w- Here, have a snake:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Meulin Leijon View Post
    Wow those things are cute! :o How big are they approximately? They look so tiny. ;w;
    I dunno, one can easily fit in the palm of your hand. xD That's as big as they get~
    Cariad likes this.
    Actually, I never left.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast