How did you and your (...)friend became a couple?

Thread: How did you and your (...)friend became a couple?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Follow Appletree On Twitter

Default How did you and your (...)friend became a couple?

(Yeah I'm not sure how it's exactly called in English since the term in Dutch is diffrent (sort of), but I'll try)

So, how did you and your boy/girlfriend began to fall in love with each other and started to date? How did you ask him/her?

I'm mean and green Jo The Marten's Avatar Bulbanews WriterSocial Media EditorArchives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Follow Jo The Marten On Twitter
    Follow Jo The Marten on Tumblr

Default Re: How did you and your (...)friend became a couple?

We met on Bulbapedia where we were partners running the Sidegames project together. I fell in love with how well we complemented each other, and how when we worked together, the product was way better than anything either of us could do on our own. Besides working like a well-oiled machine, we had a lot in common, same morals and such. I kept my feelings secret for a long time because he was focusing on school and I didn't want to be a distraction. Finally, when it became physically painful, I told him how I felt, and he returned the feelings. The rest his history.

I'm just a mean green mother from outer space!
    And I am bad!

[Bulbapedia][Tumblr][Art site][My sweetie ♥][Little Shop of Horrors club]

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Follow Appletree On Twitter

Me and my girlfriend met at a amusement park. I was in a rollercoaster and next to me, she sat next to me (that's where I saw her the first time). She seemed to be scared so I held her hand until the ride was done.

She thanked me and enjoyed the park for a while together until we needed to get home. I got eventually her phone number and we talked everyday. (We actually knew from that day we had feelings for each other but didn't know what to do).

She asked me if I could visit her at her home place which was 3 hours from my house. It was no problem for me at all.

I went to visit her place and she told me that she loved me and was scared she would get rejected because she thought she wan't good enough.

...I had a Poké Ball as a key chain on my backpack and I threw the thing at her.

She asked "What was that for?" and I said "I choose you".

And we are from that day, 9 months together.

Post Thanks / Like

Me and my other half met where we worked. The staff lived on site there. I had just gotten a job a's a horse riding instructor, she was the other. We did t say anything more than "hi" to each other for about 3 months, and I had hooked up with two other members of staff in that time. I was watching a movie in my room, and at about 3am she knocked and my door and asked to come in cause she couldn't sleep. Things led to another, and we didn't speak for the next week...

That was when I started to get jealous when she went to a party, and called her several times to see of she was okay. Turns out I had feelings for her somehow... Then it was solidified when I became a mess just after my grandma died and I got disowned by everyone else. I love her :)

14 months :)

Post Thanks / Like

I met my fiancée, at Crocodile Rock, a club in Allentown, PA. After my band was done performing, we stayed to chill for a bit, when I met Ariel. We became friends, which led to us dating, which led to me proposing to her. She's the love of my life, and I know she feels the same way. We're getting married, in the fall of 2014.

My life is forbidden Serenity's Avatar Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Add Serenity on Facebook
    Follow Serenity on Tumblr Visit Serenity's Youtube Channel

On October 25, 2011, I was looking at the Love Advice Thread in the Romance Subforum, and I saw a post that Stellar Haze made about feeling more confident in his abilities with girls. Honestly, I felt something when I was giving him advice, but I was so infatuated with my boyfriend at the time that I didn’t care. At the time, my then bf was my world, my everything, etc. I didn’t dare talk to any other guys that weren’t staff. Anyways, after I answered Haze’s question, it would be a while before we would make contact again. About a month or so later, I ended up being in an RP that he also was in. I casually sent him a VM asking about the basics of the RP we were in. I felt something special then too, but I was dealing with the break-up with my ex that I just assumed that I was just feeling desperate. So, I just went about my business. He and I talked after that and I ended up joining an RP that he was making. We would talk on occasion about things that dealt with the RP, our characters, etc. It was pretty much business talk, if you will. Then, In December, I joined the RP Staff, and that’s when he and I really began to talk. We began talking less about RPs and more about ourselves, our lives, our families, etc. We would joke around and flirt. That special feeling was there the whole time, and it seemed to get stronger in time. Around the end of January, I realized that I had a crush on him. I didn’t want to ruin my friendship with him, nor was I emotionally and mentally ready for another relationship. So, I would put up my façade and say that I was just flirting to see if he would notice. He noticed, and we joked around about my flirting. Honestly, I enjoyed being around him. He had a personality that would make even the darkest of days be bright with sunshine. I appreciated how he accepted me for who I was as a person, and accepted my flaws. He just made me feel like I could be completely myself around him 100% He was kind, sweet, shy at times, a jokester, caring, respectful, and many other things. I didn’t care for his laziness, and stubbornness. (I still can’t today. Lol)

Anyways, Not much else happened, but on February 13, we were talking about Valentine’s Day and how we had no one to call our Valentine. I figured that this would be my chance, so I casually asked him to be my Valentine for Valentine’s Day. I asked in a friends-only way of course. He agreed to it. On that day, we enjoyed ourselves by RPing, talking, and just enjoying each other’s company. It was easily one of the better days I had while dealing with my depression. I waited a few more days before confessing my feelings to him. At first he didn’t know what to say, so he told me to wait until March 17 for him to give me his answer. We just continued doing our usual talking and RPing without it being awkward. However, I would try to sneak in some affection once in a while, so he knew how much I cared for him. We ended up having a few more discussions about us as a couple, but I still had to wait for my answer. When it came close to March 17, he asked me if he could wait a little bit before he gave me my answer. He still couldn’t decide on what he wanted to do. I reluctantly agreed. I felt like I was going to get my heart broken again, and that I should give up on finding anyone. I did cry once or twice and I was constantly talking to people about my feelings and how I would approach things of this matter. It was an RP mod, Sovereign, that said something that will stick in my mind for the longest. “You only have one life to live, it’s better to take a chance than to never have had love at all.” And I told my crush that same thing when we were talking one night. It didn’t seem to help much, and I had to reassure him that things would be okay. I just sighed, and waited until I got my answer. It was so nerve-wrecking. I wanted my answer as soon as possible, and I wanted it badly. On March 25, at 11:11pm, he gave me my answer that I had so desperately wanted to hear. He said that we should give it a try. I was so ecstatic and relieved. I was also in shock. I couldn’t believe that he actually liked me as more than a friend too.

When I’m around him, I just feel like I can be myself around him. I don’t get those strong feelings like I did in the past with my ex-boyfriends. I accept his flaws, and he accepts mine. I do get the occasional butterfly in my stomach, but it’s nothing serious. I know he’s not a perfect person, but I’m so thankful for what imperfections he has. It lets me know that I can mess up and I can become stronger from my fails. He pretty much fits on my 5 things that I want in a soul mate. I love being around him. Not for who he is outside, but for who he is on the inside. I just love spending time with him in general. We do have our obstacles to overcome, but I’m willing to make this happen. I just hope he is willing to try as well. We also have our bad moments, but we still worry and support each other through the rough patches. I miss him when he’s gone but I know that he would be back shortly. He’s helping me become a better person for myself. He’s giving me the motivation to change who I am, but I’m doing it for me. Not for him. He’s pretty much the ultimate package. My best friend as well as my boyfriend, and I just enjoy it. Seriously, I don’t think I’ve been happier with him and I’ve never felt this way about anyone before. I’m not sure if it’s love or what, but I wouldn’t trade in my experience with Haze for anything. He’s my love, and I just don’t want anyone else right now. He’s all that I want and need.

@Stellar Haze; this is my side of how we got together. I think I sound really desperate though. xD

ricochet, take your aim Titanium's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Follow Titanium On Twitter Add Titanium on Facebook

We both loved the game Left 4 Dead and met on a forum for it. Started out as silly flirting and didn't think nothing of it but we constantly talked and realized that we had mutual feelings for each other.. and just got closer and closer.
    Been with him for over a year now. <3

Post Thanks / Like

@Stellar Haze;
    @Jo The Marten;
    @Titanium;

How do you guys go from forum to relationships? Like, Arrange to meet then move closer to each other after a while? :)
    Last edited by Serenity; 27th July 2012 at 10:17 AM.

^~^ Fab's Avatar Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RegiReece View Post

How do you guys go from forum to relationships? Like, Arrange to meet then move closer to each other after a while? :)
    Well for any Internet relationship, you should meet your partner when you can i.e. financially able and such. Sometimes I might take a long time to see each other face to face, but its worth it if you truly are in love :)

Jonathan
    Badges: 1
    Current Y Team

(av & sig source)

Lost Time Memory Flaze's Avatar Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook
    Follow Flaze on Tumblr Visit Flaze's Youtube Channel

We haven't met up yet but we are trying our best to see when it could be possible as we both live in different countries.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stellar Gale View Post
    We haven't met up yet but we are trying our best to see when it could be possible as we both live in different countries.
    Which countries are you in?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Follow Mintaka On Twitter
    Follow Mintaka on Tumblr

MOD NOTE

Please stick to the topic for the discussion.

FC: 2294-4703-4926 | 제노바
    Friend Safari Info: Flying (Pidgey, Hoothoot, Fletchfinder)
    avi | gif source

Post Thanks / Like
    Follow Go-to Icon On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Appletree View Post
    ...I had a Poké Ball as a key chain on my backpack and I threw the thing at her.

She asked "What was that for?" and I said "I choose you".
    I think you are the smoothest lover on these forums. Or on any pokémon forum in general.

I'm not. The only girl I've had a proper relationship with was my crush's best friend, we met at this terrible house party. The relationship lasted a day, so......

Winged man prefers night Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

My only ex? In a messy incident involving beer, rock and a broken sink.

We dated for six weeks and then broke up.

WORLD CUP MODE

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't even ask her........ I had a friend do it. I just remember being with her, before we were going out, and I have her a draft of my book to read. She was a friend of my friends girlfriend, and when she read it I could just..... Tell. I don't know, I just knew that she liked me back. So anyway my friend asked her out for me (well not really ask her out just tell her that I liked her) and thankfully, she said yes.