Fashion Discussion Thread

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Fashion Discussion Thread

Blog Entries
    Follow Cariad On Twitter Add Cariad on Google+
    Follow Cariad on Tumblr Visit Cariad's Youtube Channel

Default Fashion Discussion Thread

Fashion has almost always played an important part in the development of society and media, and we're currently living in an age where the way someone dresses is a key roll in how they're treated. Whether it be as simple as a t-shirt and shorts, or as fancy as a designer dress, fashion is an interesting and diverse subject.

Here's where you can exchange clothing/make-up tips with other users. Feel free to ask questions such as "Does x go with x?" and "Should I wear x or x?", and other users will try their best to answer. :) Make-up tips may also be discussed here, e.g: "Is this too much?" Hairstyle/colour tips are also acceptable here.

As well as that, feel more than welcome to discuss fashion in general here. Did x look good at last night's premier, is this too flashy, is this too little clothing, etc. Basically, feel free to discuss anything connected to fashion here, whether it be what you're wearing or how a celebrity is looking.

Remember to be polite when giving tips, rude statements will not be accepted here as per usual.

To kick the thread off, what do you think of the media's current revival of old-style clothing?

maglev maglev's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Fashion Discussion Thread

To answer the OP question, I haven't noticed! XD I don't pay attention to fashion at all, I'm plainly unfashionable. I like jeans and a shirt, and if need be, a hoodie.

I know pretty much nothing about fashion.
    CrackFox likes this.
    maglev is invisible

Blog Entries

I wouldn't have noticed it if my sister hadn't pointed it out the other day. Apparently some of the old fashion styles from the 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s are wriggling their way back into fashion.

That makes two of us. While I'm not going to lie, I own a lot of clothes, I can't say I'm fussy with what I wear or the label it has. Usually I just chuck on a t-shirt and jeans and I'm off. xD

My life is forbidden Serenity's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Add Serenity on Facebook
    Follow Serenity on Tumblr Visit Serenity's Youtube Channel

I'm not that fashionable, but then again, it's because I don't have the opportunity to be fashionable. I do like doing make-up though. I like to think of make-up as fashion for the face. Along with fashion, make-up also goes through trends and such.

For me, I simply use foundation, blush, and eyeliner. Sometimes, to make it look more formal, I add some lip gloss or lipstick.

What kind of make-up (if any) do you usually wear?

You don't know me. Jack Pschitt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I once wore make-up. Mascara, lip gloss, and light blue eye shadow. It was a neat experience.

Sorry to interrupt with the flow of this thread, carry on. :I
    Misato Katsuragi likes this.

Blog Entries

Usually I don't wear make-up at all, because I don't like the feel of it on my face. If I am going to wear make-up (I'll usually wear it if I'm going to a special occasion but even that is rare), I'll probably just put on a tiny bit of mascara, black eye shadow and blusher. I'm not too much of a fan of overdone make-up.

Blog Entries

I don't wear make up, it's not for me :p

You know what I bloody hate? Fedoras. They're silly.
    Misato Katsuragi likes this.
    maglev is invisible

追放されたバカ

I like dressing up on any occasion, but sometimes I get a bit lazy and just grab a pair of jeans and a jacket.

I usually wear tinted moisturizer, but sometimes I'll just go bare-faced, to let my face breathe a bit. I also like putting on some mascara sometimes, and I always wear lipgloss/lip balm. I don't like wearing eyeliner, since its so hard to take off.
    Last edited by Faerie; 21st February 2013 at 12:12 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by maria View Post
    You know what I bloody hate? Fedoras. They're silly.
    Since my boyfriend wears a fedora I don't think I could bring myself to hate them. XD;; I don't hate any kind of hat, really. I have a particular soft spot for newspaper boy caps. I want one so bad. ;w;

Quote Originally Posted by Yata View Post
    I usually wear tinted moisturizer, but sometimes I'll just go bare-faced, to let my face breathe a bit. I also like putting on some mascara sometimes, and I always wear lipgloss/lip balm. I don't like wearing eyeliner, since its so hard to take off.
    If you have make up wipes, getting the eyeliner off becomes easier. c: And hm, what's tinted moisturiser?

追放されたバカ

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemoll
    Quote Originally Posted by Yata View Post
    If you have make up wipes, getting the eyeliner off becomes easier. c: And hm, what's tinted moisturiser?
    Haha, yeah, that's definitely true. I usually just use cotton pads, so that's probably why. XD But you still have to be careful when wiping off the eyeliner, since the skin around the eye area's really delicate. And tinted moisturizer's just a type of moisturizer that has a bit of color in it, evening out the skin tone while providing hydration for the skin.

Blog Entries

I once wore make-up. Mascara, lip gloss, and light blue eye shadow. It was a neat experience.

I bet you looked like Katy Perry :0

I don't really care about fashion, If I see something that I like, I buy (if I can afford it, which usually I can't) Most days I tend to just wear jeans and some kind of top with a jacket. I've become reliant on wearing hoodies at all times, even if it's boiling hot, I feel naked without one. I'm quite into the current fashion of skinny, colourful jeans and plane, colourful hoodies. I hate some of the floral tops they make now though, some of todays fashion looks like they've raided my grandma's wardrobe. I pretty much never wear dress/skirts or shorts. I don't see the point in wearing revealing clothes. I don't care about trying to look sexy or getting attention so I only ever wear what is most comfortable.
    @Octy; Personally, I don't really wear makeup. I might occassionally use eyeliner so it looks like i've put in a bit of effort, but generally I don't bother. I do own loads of it though, most of it has probably expired.

You don't know me. Jack Pschitt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CrackFox View Post

Actually, I looked kinda like a skinnier Divine, or maybe a European RuPaul.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Pschitt View Post

Actually, I looked kinda like a skinnier Divine, or maybe a European RuPaul.
    Hot.

I don't follow fashion at all, I don't buy expensive jeans or shirts with big brand names on them, I can afford them, but they're a waste of money to me.
    maglev is invisible

Blog Entries

Well I don't usually spend much money on clothes. I avoid the more expensive stores. I have just paid £50 for a pair of jeans, which is expensive for me. I wouldn't usually dream of buying a pair that expensive but I instantly took a liking to them. As far as brand names go, I don't really know what the latest names are. When I was a kid it was all Addidas and Nike etc. Now you don't see those kind of clothes outside of sport shops. We have quite a few cheap stores in my area so I'm lucky.

Actually, I looked kinda like a skinnier Divine
    As in Pink Flamingos? I just puked a little O.o

Blog Entries

Well I don't usually spend much money on clothes. I avoid the more expensive stores. I have just paid £50 for a pair of jeans, which is expensive for me. I wouldn't usually dream of buying a pair that expensive but I instantly took a liking to them. As far as brand names go, I don't really know what the latest names are. When I was a kid it was all Addidas and Nike etc. Now you don't see those kind of clothes outside of sport shops. We have quite a few cheap stores in my area so I'm lucky.
    £50 would be expensive to me too, but I knew a guy who paid £200 just for a pair of jeans. I could buy so much with £200! We have cheap stores round here too, my favourite t shirt that I own only cost like £6. Love it :D
    maglev is invisible

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast