Do you believe in ghosts? - Page 4

View Poll Results: Do you believe in ghosts?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

33 37.08%
  • No

31 34.83%
  • Mixed feelings/other

25 28.09%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Do you believe in ghosts?

Default Re: Do you believe in ghosts?

Yes, I definitely believe in ghosts, spirits, demons, angels, and other entities. I am very connected to the paranormal and love studying that kind of thing.
    FC: 4441 - 9268 - 6926

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Here's this:

We can't prove ghosts exist.

But we can't prove they don't exist.

Even if ghosts do exist, it may not actually be what we may think it may be. Maybe ghosts are along with us, and we simply cannot notice them because they're not what we think they are (white spiritual stuffies are not the default form, so...)

Blog Entries

"That white hand on your shoulder, it's not real."

In all seriousness, I'm required to say yes.

Many of my family have ties to religion (be it Abrahamist or pagan) and we've all witnessed our share of "ghosts" (Angels, familiars, and such). I'm thankful to not have seen any, but the evidence is absolutely there.

I'm not really sure. I believe there are things that can't be explained, but I'm not sure what I'd call it.

Not so much the kind of ghosts depicted in pop culture like, say, Bloody Mary, or in the media like in B horror movies, but more like imprints left of a person. Due to tragic or emotional events in life or at death, and it causes an energy to be tied to the area which subtly-or harshly- affects the waking world. Like feeling a corner of the room a murder was held to be significantly cooler than the rest of the house.
    I'm skeptical towards actually seeing images of the deceased with their naked eye- I'm more into believing into paranormal activity we can't really perceive or grasp. However if one were to take a photograph of a high energy spot with perhaps a Kirlian camera, I wouldn't deny the chance of aural residue (not necessarily in human form).
    So much like Will-O-Wisps and Poltergeist activity, I'd say ghosts exist in a form, but it's much more scientific and due to quirks of nature rather than actual spooky hauntings. I do believe in an afterlife, and yeah, it's quite possible that ghosts do walk among us, I just sincerely doubt the way they are commonly portrayed.
    Hope that made sense! Sorry for rambling.

I hope the sun is shining tomorrow...
    That would be reason enough to smile.

Nemo me impune lacessit Dialgarules's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I don't believe in ghosts as I don't think the evidence for their existence is strong enough. I'm not religious and don't believe in an afterlife.

................well hi! SapphireSerperior717's Avatar
    Blog Entries

yes! well, spirits mostly. i'm a night owl (i stay up really late), but all the noises in my house are normal, sometimes, i hear knocking on the window, it's normal though, it's just my freezer trying to make ice. (even though there's nothing to hold it in) i swear though i always see a black figure of a human, idk why, but i srsly doubt ghosts will hurt ANYONE, maybe if they REALLY want to get your attention, but they never kill you or anything, i have a late twin sister that was never born, and i feel like she's always with me, makes me creeped out but happy at the same time, i'm so happy to be with her, BUT SHE'S DEAD!! but at least i'm with her! so...yes?
    Insert banner of leafeon & glaceon here.
    Love Is Love No Matter Who You Find It In.
    ♂ + ♂ = ♥
    ♀ + ♀ = ♥
    ♀ + ♂ = ♥
    Put this on your signature if you agree.

Blog Entries

Follow Zexy on Tumblr Visit Zexy's Youtube Channel

"No, I don't" sums it up for me.

I got a scum result on that bush! LYNCH IT LYNCH IT LYNCH IT!

Blog Entries

I believe in Ghosts, and spirits and demons and all that other stuff. Call me a nutjob if you want. I'd rather not delude myself.

Y > X

gone.
    Blog Entries

Visit Lord Apex's Youtube Channel

I believe a ghost may have assaulted me once, I was half asleep when I felt something hit my back!
    Haha just thinking about it makes me laugh! XD

Claims Lightning and Isaac Clarke

Blog Entries

Visit Rainbow Cloud's Youtube Channel

Nope, I can't say I do.

I've never experienced anything paranormal myself nor have I seen any convincing scientific evidence to prove such things exist.

I guess I just cannot believe in things that cannot be proved.
    Last edited by Rainbow Cloud; 1st January 2014 at 02:45 PM.

Blog Entries

I don't believe in ghost and think the whole thing is stupid. However, I believe in the possibility of ghosts and would rather not take any chances. I clinch the bed sheets with my toes so nothing sneaks up there till I'm asleep.

Seriously though, which is scarier, thinking there is life after death or thinking that there's nothing beyond those final breaths? When our heart stops beating, our vision blurs, our hearing fades and all were left with are a few fleeting seconds of thoughts/dreams. When those fade, do you want to believe we fade too?

Believing in ghosts doesn't have to be a bad thing. Thinking that someone close to you is still there is actually a natural human condition designed to put our over active minds at ease. In fact, most complex thinking animals carry out ritualistic behavior to cope with the loss of another who was close to them. I still have dreams about a dog that died several years ago and wake up wondering how he's doing before realising he's already dead.

It's my opinion that any true fear of ghosts is due to a persons guilt over those who have died and being unable to set things right with them. Those without a guilty conscious or those who do not feel guilt for what they've done don't have any fear of ghosts because any "supernatural" happenings don't really concern them anymore than looking the other way when you see someone else in trouble.
    Last edited by PiccoloX83; 2nd January 2014 at 01:59 AM.
    IGN: Jraken
    FC: 4227-2083-0655
    Ditto, Lillipup, Loudred

RP Story: World Without Legends (ongoing)
    PS- I hope you like nightmares. >}
    Story Registry: Signups

is back for 2014 S.S. Shadow Minun's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow S.S. Shadow Minun On Twitter Add S.S. Shadow Minun on Facebook
    Visit S.S. Shadow Minun's Youtube Channel

I'm not very interested in ghost-related stuff, although I believe sometimes.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Julum View Post
    I believe in ghosts. I feel like my dead sister is with me, but in the afterlife. (Yes. I have a sister who died of cancer.)
    Haha, this is so wrong about me now. Now I'm a atheist, and I'm not open to the idea of an afterlife at all.
    My GPX+
    My 3DS FC is 5412-9933-2792.
    DON'T
    like my posts. It just annoys me.

I have mixed feelings on this. With no evidence pointing either way and a personal bias, I'm prone to say that I believe in something 'like' ghosts but not in the typical spooky media version of what most people have come to understand as "ghosts". I'm not religious, nor do I believe in what some people have come to call the "afterlife", but... Eh... It's really hard to explain my position on this without sounding like a total jackass, so I'll just leave it at that.
    They will make pigs of you all and they will bury their snouts into your ribs and they will eat your hearts.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast