Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Choose....wisely

The spirit of all absols The absolis's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow The absolis on Tumblr

Default Re: Choose....wisely

Quote Originally Posted by garrison-san View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by popcorn3155 View Post
    The money, and no question about it. That other room of yours sounds waaaaaaay too sinister. :p

I guess if you think about it in the right way anything.can be sinister. I can see why you would think it to be sinister although I don't believe it truly is but that's your opinion and you should stick to it.
    Have you ever seen The Twilight Zone episode "A Nice Place To Visit"? I ask because the imagination room kind of reminds me of the set-up in that. ;p
    I'm afraid I have not. I might have to see it though.

The second door. In the room I'd set up the possibility of choosing between one room with money and another with a limitless imagination. Then I'd choose the second one. In the room I'd set up the possibility of choosing between one room with money and another with a limitless imagination. Then I'd choose the second one. In the room I'd set up the possibility of choosing between one room with money and another with a limitless imagination. Then I'd choose the money and realize I've trapped myself.
    Well... that's an interesting way to look at it. I honestly do not know what else to say.
    Angelic Gardevoir likes this.

banner stolen from tumblr. Yes, I cheated and didn't make it myself.

Follow Elysion on Tumblr

I'll take the money. I'll wind up delusional staying in the second room. And maybe even insane.
    "I could not love you."

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

I'm tempted to choose the imagination door because then I can create a world where everyone is happy. There are no bullies, no hurtful attitudes, no killings, no suicides, no wars...a utopia where I can put myself in and be happy and peaceful for the rest of my life. Everyone will be friends, everyone will be nice and honest, and everyone will be happy. At least I'll die believing so when I die.

But the fact that it's all just something I can only imagine is pure tragic. I guess I'll grab the money and see what I can do with it to spread more happiness.

Blog Entries
    Follow Cariad On Twitter Add Cariad on Google+
    Follow Cariad on Tumblr Visit Cariad's Youtube Channel

Although I like the sound of the imagination room, I'd definitely go for the room with the money. I mean, having whatever you wanted by just thinking of it sounds pretty damn amazing, but I'd probably go insane stuck in a room like that. Plus it'd essentially be like dying, right? If you couldn't take anyone with you then surely they'd think you were dead? I couldn't do that to the people I love... and I couldn't live without them anyway. So I'd take the money and try my hardest to make sure I have everything I need, right here in reality.

Spider say Burp! Stardust Crusaders's Avatar
    Follow Stardust Crusaders On Twitter Add Stardust Crusaders on Facebook

This thread is quite an interesting one.
    I've been thinking about it, and although I would really really love to choose the imaginary door, just so I could see my mother one last time and probably relive the past year of my life with a completely different outcome that I decide, as well as living in a world without things I don't like (and making things like Digimon and Pokémon real) the idea of never coming back after entering this door makes all the difference; I don't think I could go into a room I could never leave because I'd be leaving behind my siblings and boyfriend and I just don't think I could do that. So I'd choose the 100,000 dollars of tax free money. I'd spend small amounts of it on food and Psychology books for uni, but I'll save up the rest of getting a house after uni.
    Captain Crash & The Beauty Queen from Mars

Like Weavile-Snowy Sweet! Umbrepom's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Logically, if I had $100,000 and the room was empty and no one knew about it (but whoever sold it to me), couldn't I buy the room? And by logic, if I bought the room, I would be able to do what I wanted with it? So, you know, I could leave. But if none of this was possible, I'd take the money. The other room makes me think of being locked in an insane asylum. You'd create your own universe in your own mind, playing with Helioptile and Mew that didn't really exist, and be locked inside of your brain forever. I would be essentially dead, never to see my family...my friends...my pets...ever again except in my mind. Basically, the money room either way. It's a Barnum and Bailey world...just as phony as can be...but it wouldn't be make-believe if you believe in me!
    Last edited by Umbrepom; 11th October 2013 at 08:41 PM.

Blog Entries
    Add Kutomba on Facebook
    Follow Kutomba on Tumblr

I don't want to be lonely, and I couldn't live a lie. I'd take the money.
    I kissed you in the water and made your dry lips sing
    I saw you look like a Japanese baby
    In an instant I remembered everything...

Blog Entries

I dunno, the imagination room would let me go to equestria, but I would be lonely...
    The money.
    Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp

My first reaction would be to question the intensions of the person offering this choice. After they obtain my trust in some way or another I would chose the second door in an instant

Follow Gabo 2oo On Twitter
    Follow Gabo 2oo on Tumblr Visit Gabo 2oo's Youtube Channel

I take the money. I can't go to the imagination room, because I would be completely lonely. I don't care if I can imagine people, I know they aren't real. And I do care for real people as well, I can't leave them behind because of my selfhood.
    It doesn't matter if you aren't going to reach the goal, as long as you're still happy doing the trajectory.

Blog Entries

Probably the money. I do like the idea of the other room but I wouldn't want to never be able to leave, or see my friends again.

Blog Entries

Follow GastonGibus on Tumblr Visit GastonGibus's Youtube Channel

The "you can't take anybody with you" clause is what kills it for me. Even if I could make copies, those copies would be based on my perception of my friends' personalities, and not their actual personalities. As fun as it would be, it'd get pretty lonely pretty fast. If I could take my friends, I'd take all my best friends, run into that door, and live in the Pokemon world for sure. xD

But no friends? No thanks, I'll just take that nice $100,000 and pay off my student loans... and buy a PS4. xD
    "How can you read this? There's no pictures!"

|No one writes like Gaston!|
    |It's Electric: Cranking it to Eleven || A New Life - For Better or Worse|

Blog Entries

Visit Oaky's Youtube Channel

I'm leaning towards the second door. The only worry I have is that it might eventually feel empty since its creations would be, in a way, disingenuous since they were that of my own imagination. Still, I could always imagine those worries away...right? The money wouldn't be a bad deal either, really.

Break the silence I'm feeling deep inside.

Currently LPing Pokemon SoulSilver - On a brief hiatus; returning in May
    3DS FC: 4656-7122-5221
    #palletshipper

G50
    Night Owl G50's Avatar Bulbanews Deputy Editor-in-Chief
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

I'd probably go for the second door. I like using imagination type rooms, where I could turn it into whatever I imagine or dream it could be.

I actually use my own imagination in my RL room turning it into its own world just for fun and pretend, but that's a whole 'nother story.

Blog Entries
    Follow Mikes Gardevoir On Twitter Add Mikes Gardevoir on Google+
    Follow Mikes Gardevoir on Tumblr Visit Mikes Gardevoir's Youtube Channel

I'd take the money and then buy the imagination room. Then make my own rules. System=Broke

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast