Like Tree59Likes

Thread: Bulba Pub - Straight, No Chaser

A Liver Made Fullmetal Misato Katsuragi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Misato Katsuragi on Tumblr

Default Re: Bulba Pub

Quote Originally Posted by TheMissingno. View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodbye Blue Monday View Post
    Um, White Russians are well-known as a virgin drink. As in, something that marks you as a beginning drinker when you order it. So there's really nothing "manly" about them. If you want to be like James Bond, order a martini.
    Blasphemy. White Russians are well known as a drink for people who have seen The Big Lebowski.
    Okay, I haven't seen that movie yet (I know I should), so that's why I didn't pick up on that.

But regardless, White Russians are a drink for alcohol newbies who think they're awesome and manly but are also one of the biggest signs that you're new to drinking, because they're sweet and don't taste like alcohol. Like, I'm sure bartenders quadruple-check the IDs of people who order them.

Which is why I don't. I look young for my age, I get enough of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninfia View Post
    White wine is ok. I like Reisling, some Chardonay and Moscato, Im real picky about wine. I also like hard cider quite a bit. Im not really sure what else I like as I dont drink very much and those are the drinks most familiar to me.
    I also love moscato! We are alcohol twins!

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by maria View Post
    The Big Lebowski Drinking Game! Drink one (1) White Russian whenever The Dude has one. Smoke one (1) blunt whenever The Dude has one.

Hard mode Fucking shitfaced wasted mode - one mouthful everytime a character says "man" or "fuck".
    ftfy

Um, White Russians are well-known as a virgin drink. As in, something that marks you as a beginning drinker when you order it. So there's really nothing "manly" about them. If you want to be like James Bond, order a martini.
    Blasphemy. White Russians are well known as a drink for people who have seen The Big Lebowski.
    Okay, I haven't seen that movie yet (I know I should), so that's why I didn't pick up on that.

But regardless, White Russians are a drink for alcohol newbies who think they're awesome and manly but are also one of the biggest signs that you're new to drinking, because they're sweet and don't taste like alcohol. Like, I'm sure bartenders quadruple-check the IDs of people who order them.

Which is why I don't. I look young for my age, I get enough of that.
    I dunno, I still think it's the biggest sign that you've seen The Big Lebowski.

Also you don't have to see it if you don't want to because I'm not going to tell people what they should watch.
    That's nice.

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Okay we get it white Russians suck for you, get over it already. But as I've stated in the convo thread I can handle a good portion of tequila, and tsipouro doesn't send me to blankville, so I'm really just drinking them cause I like the taste, not the alcohol.
    "Funneh bunneh and the dammut Bahamut go on an adventure!"-Chespin Circa 2009

I sure was funner back then, possibly even stupider....

maglev maglev's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

One day I should go try the big Lebowski drinking game. Hard mode obviously.
    maglev is invisible

Trophies
    Blog Entries

I'll pass, I've already had alcohol poisoning.
    That's nice.

Blog Entries

Oh do tell. Could be worth a laugh.
    maglev is invisible

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

I'm pretty sure I got poisoned myself after too much wine the night before, was spewing nothing but water all day, couldn't eat till the day after. This was months ago, but it looks like we're up for another one with Carnivale rearing its ugly head this week...

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Oh do tell. Could be worth a laugh.
    Well it is a little embarrassing, but okay. It was New Years 06-07. I was at my friend's apartment in Filthadelphia (ex-gf, but we were still friends because that was when I didn't give a shit [currently trying to re-learn not giving a shit {but that's another topic}]). I was 18 years old and had only gotten drunk a couple times before. I went shot for shot with my friend to see who could take more shots, and I won, but you never actually win at that game. So at a certain point in the night you just get so drunk that the bottom shelf vodka that you've been drinking tastes just like water and you can drink more and more of it.

Anyway, after about 22 shots, I realized that I was going to be spending the rest of the night in the bathroom (or the hospital, but I was hoping it was the former). So basically I was just in there being sick and yelling things like "is that the best you can do god?" loud enough for everyone at the party to hear. It hurt really fucking bad at the time, but right now I can get a laugh out of it, and everyone there also hopefully got a decent laugh out of it.

Kids, don't ever be stupid like me.

/story
    maglev and Soulmaster like this.
    That's nice.

A Liver Made Fullmetal Misato Katsuragi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Misato Katsuragi on Tumblr

The drunkest I've ever been was Halloween 2008. I dressed as Sarah Palin because, you know, I'm, like, political and shit. (My original, Michigander accent also has some similarities with the Palin accent, so I can imitate how she talks very easily.) I think I majorly pissed off a few Republicans at the parties, but everybody else got a huge laugh out of it. I teased my hair up to look like her signature Bump-It, wore glasses, a McCain-Palin button (the cost of which I made sure didn't contribute to their campaign) and a "Miss Wasilla" sash I made out of paper towel. It was awesome.

Long story short, I got unbelievably drunk at two different Halloween parties - this was my freshman year of college, so I was still new to all this shit - and I also smoked pot for the first time. I was in so much pain the next morning and I was also feeling queasy, and I actually called my parents (!) to ask them if "queasy" is a feeling you're supposed to feel when you're hungover.

I think they had a good laugh out of that.
    maglev likes this.

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

Blog Entries

Haha I've haven't been a tenth as drunk as you guys :p I don't think I'm a lightweight, just don't drink much.

I'm glad TheMissingno has probably learned his lesson, that lesson being that drinking is cool.
    Misato Katsuragi likes this.
    maglev is invisible

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

The drunkest I ever got was a couple of months ago as I said. We went to the birthday of this friend of mine at a live music wine and dine place. Nothing classy, cheap unlimited wine and some food. As the night went on and we had eaten enough, we just sat there drinking wine, dancing on the dance floor having a good time. We got crazy, started taking shirts off, flirting with women in their 40s, treating our free wine left and right to other women in there 40s, pretty ballsy stuff. Anyway, all I can remember is feeling ill, and leaving without notice. We went out a bit far from our neighborhood so everyone was all where's Mitch? Anyway, I still thank god I got home. I was too afraid to take the bus, I knew I was going to puke just from the rocking, so I walked. I even crossed the busiest street without getting hit, and I assume it was a fun walk, because I had 10 phone numbers belonging to girls I didn't know, and pics to go with em. I get flirty when I drink, and it actually works. Anyway, that's not the point. I got home, and I basically went all Exorcism on my parents.
    Next day, I wake up, find myself sleeping in bed with new sheets, a bucket next to me, and a pissed off parental unit. Apparently I drenched my bed, their bed, the walls of my bedroom, the hallway, and no one was able to take showers till the tub was sanitized. The worse wasn't over however, as I couldn't eat for 2 days, I spent the rest of the day hovering over the sink spewing out nothing but water, and I had to drink more water and do the cycle over so I won't become dehydrated. I now have some extreme tolerance to any alcoholic beverage, my stomach can handle half of that with no next day repercussion and if I ever get drunk it would likely be from chugging Satan's own brew.
    maglev likes this.

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

I dont remember being drunk really. Once I think In drank too much and got sick. Couldnt fall asleep that night :l I dont desire to get drunk like that again. 1 or 2 drinks tops is my limit now.
    Misato Katsuragi likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ninfia View Post
    I dont remember being drunk really. Once I think In drank too much and got sick. Couldnt fall asleep that night :l I dont desire to get drunk like that again. 1 or 2 drinks tops is my limit now.
    Haha, clearly were more sensible. Or just not big drinkers :p
    @Chespin; You gave me an idea, how do you guys act when you drink, are you flirty like Mitchman or you depressive or hyper or whatever?
    maglev is invisible

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Considering the topic, I would like to say that I get flirty with the ladies, and with my friends and people at parties I get a lot more party hardy. I'm pretty social, but give me a few drinks and I'm the popular guy all the sudden, cracking jokes, sharing funny stuff, the works.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chespin View Post
    Considering the topic, I would like to say that I get flirty with the ladies, and with my friends and people at parties I get a lot more party hardy. I'm pretty social, but give me a few drinks and I'm the popular guy all the sudden, cracking jokes, sharing funny stuff, the works.
    I'm a bit like that, in the sense that I poke out of my shell :p Alcohol is a social lubricant after all.
    maglev is invisible

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast