Bulba Pub - Straight, No Chaser - Page 13

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: Bulba Pub - Straight, No Chaser

You don't know me. Jack Pschitt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Bulba Pub - Give it to Me Straight, Like Pear Cider That's Made from 100% Pears

My mom offered me a sip of beer once. I declined, but my brother didn't. He liked it.

maglev maglev's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Bulba Pub - Give it to Me Straight, Like Pear Cider That's Made from 100% Pears

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Pschitt View Post
    My mom offered me a sip of beer once. I declined, but my brother didn't. He liked it.
    Beer's a'ight. I think when you first taste it you don't like it, but it grows on you. Just one of those things.
    Misato Katsuragi likes this.
    maglev is invisible

A Liver Made Fullmetal Misato Katsuragi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Misato Katsuragi on Tumblr

Yeah, beer is definitely an acquired taste.

Even now, I tend to get attached to particular beers but as a whole I'm not a huge fan.

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Faye Valentine View Post

Even now, I tend to get attached to particular beers but as a whole I'm not a huge fan.
    Aye, brand loyalty. We all do it, whether it be bands, beans or booze. And for me that'd be Deepchord, Heinz and Stella Artois. haha stella.
    maglev is invisible

Blog Entries

I'm a fan of Harpoon, though I don't know how available they are outside of New England.

It's not so much brand loyalty as flavor loyalty though? Like, I really like pumpkin ales and a lot of autumn-themed beers like that.

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ghettomonk View Post

Aye, brand loyalty. We all do it, whether it be bands, beans or booze. And for me that'd be Deepchord, Heinz and Stella Artois. haha stella.
    Omg i h8 stella!!!!! But seriously, it's overpriced for the quality unless they sell something different in Scotland.
    I'm a fan of Harpoon, though I don't know how available they are outside of New England.
    You can get it around here.

It's not so much brand loyalty as flavor loyalty though? Like, I really like pumpkin ales and a lot of autumn-themed beers like that.
    I dunno, a lot of times a standard IPA or lager or wheat beer or what have you will taste the same no matter what company makes it. There are exceptions with the specialty stuff but I bet I could get 5 different IPAs from 5 different companies and I wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

That being said, I usually get Yuengling because it is the best beer for the lowest price. It allows me to not drink budweiser/coors level garbage and yet still not pay a lot of money. At school it was Lion's Head which was incredibly cheap for the quality, but I haven't seen that around here.
    That's nice.

Blog Entries

Ahahaha, I remember when I would go to stupid parties in college and it was always Bud or Coors or Natty Light because it was super-cheap and people were just drinking to get drunk. (Also Natty Boh, because I went to college in Baltimore. But Natty Boh is a cut above other shitty cheap beers, imo.)

When I go to parties now, with people who are around my age (usually also grad students or recently out of college), and I see that kind of shit I always think to myself, "Aren't we a little old for this?"

Quote Originally Posted by TheMissingno. View Post
    You can get it around here.
    How common is it? I remember it was pretty rare in Baltimore, but it's in every liquor store here because it's a local brand.

Also add me to the bandwagon of people who think Stella is gross.

Trophies
    Blog Entries

How common is it? I remember it was pretty rare in Baltimore, but it's in every liquor store here because it's a local brand.
    It's as common as any other beer I guess. You can get it at most bottle shops and beer distributors that have a decent selection. Yuengling is the most common because that's the local thing (#PottsvillePArepresent #America'sOldestBrewery #Sold"IceCream" #SurvivedProhibition #YOLO), but you can still get it.

Also add me to the bandwagon of people who think Stella is gross.
    I don't think it's gross, I just don't like it and I will never buy it. If someone offers one to me I'll drink it.
    That's nice.

Blog Entries

Stella is really cheap, it's the type people drink just to get drunk, hence it's affectionate nickname 'Wifebeater'.
    maglev is invisible

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Stella is really cheap, it's the type people drink just to get drunk, hence it's affectionate nickname 'Wifebeater'.
    It's not really cheap here. Here, they market it as a high class beer even though it really isn't, and people fall for it and buy it anyway.
    That's nice.

Blog Entries

It's not really cheap here. Here, they market it as a high class beer even though it really isn't, and people fall for it and buy it anyway.
    Aye that happens everywhere, our crap whiskey will probably be sold as premium in the US because the general US public are unlikely to know what scotch is of a high standard. So the price sets that standard, by giving it a high price it marks the item as a premium.
    maglev is invisible

Trophies
    Blog Entries

That moment when you want another drink but you barely have any soda left so you make a drink that's like 75% rum. #Tasteslikeshit #butIdon'tCare #YOLO
    That's nice.

Blog Entries

That moment when you want another drink but you barely have any soda left so you make a drink that's like 75% rum. #Tasteslikeshit #butIdon'tCare #YOLO
    This was me on Sunday during Mad Men, which is why there are some key plot details from that episode I had to ask people on Tumblr about the next day.

Speaking of which, I think this picture is representative of this thread:

Bulbapedia Editorial Board Zesty Cactus's Avatar Bulbapedia Deputy Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

okay for alcoholic drinks I LOVE BEER... beer for life.. my favourite is Asahi Super Dry from Japan :D i also really like Molson Canadian...uh but most bars and stuff don't have those (the sports bar my friends all like doesn't have Canadian! wtf?) so usually in those cases i drink Alexander Keith's and it's pretty alright. usually most places i can get Canadian or Keith's so i can live between those two haha.

um. too many bad times with whiskey, so i can't really drink it anymore... i LOVE LOVE LOVE fireball though. tastes like hot cinnamon! and weirdly even though i hate black licorice i love Jagermeister which tastes exactly like black licorice. iunno and i also love Rockstar Vodka... but i HATE energy drinks normally and i dont drink vodka straight. OH and i love coolers. like Mike's Hard Lemonade and Vex and the like. i usually prefer lighter tasting beverages i guess...oh and you can get these premixed Jack Daniels + Cola that are pretty cool even though they don't have Diet Cola and the formerly mentioned bad whiskey experiences. LAST BUT NOT LEAST i love tequila sunrises (for those who dont know it's like... tequila and grapefruit, orange, etc juice, i love citrus juice so i guess it is natural)

OH are we talking about beers we hate? add me to the Stella haters. i dont like Heineken(sp?) either.

Trophies
    Blog Entries

I vote that this thread gets stickied.
    That's nice.

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast