Your Worst Nightmare

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your Worst Nightmare

Blog Entries
    Add Glitchipedia on Facebook

Default Your Worst Nightmare

What is the scariest, most bizarre, or most heartbreaking nightmare you've ever had?

Mine was this:

I woke up in my bed. It appeared to be the middle of the night, or else the wee hours of the morning. Something compelled me to get out of bed and go to the basement, seemingly expecting a guest. On the way to the basement door, I walked past my cat, Spot (whom I erroneously referred to as "Dr. Phil" in the dream, don't ask why).

As I went down the steps, I heard rather loud, tuneless rock music playing on a boom box of some kind. When I looked, I did, indeed, find a guest, but not the one I was expecting. It was the girl with whom I was infatuated at the time. Naturally, I went over to greet her.

The music seemed to stop of its own accord after a while, as we engaged in a lengthy conversation. Somehow we got on the topic of fear, which led me to mention how utterly cowardly I am, having a strong fear of something as benign as the THX logo. The girl seemed puzzled, and asked what THX was. I told her it was a sound system, and she repeated the words, indicating that she understood.

At that moment, the logo itself appeared on the television set behind her, blaring out its Deep Note, filling the whole basement with unmatched sound. The dream then teleported me directly in front of the television, and in doing so, directly in front of the THX logo. Realizing at this point that it was a dream, I attempted to silence the logo, and succeeded.

I turned around to see if the girl was alright. What I saw frightened me beyond belief.

There she stood, a look of pure terror forever frozen on her face. Her whole body was stiff as a statue, as though she had been frozen in time itself. My immediate conclusion was that the logo had killed her.

When I woke up, I was too frightened to move.

Yes, I have issues. But enough about me.

YouTube projects advertised are in early development and subject to change.

The location formerly known as the Patcave.
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Your Worst Nightmare

Wait. You're afraid of the THX logo?
    No offense, but I didn't think it was possible to be afraid of a logo, or in this case, letters.

Hipsteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer Phoenicks's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think I had a pretty bad dream once. I don't remember all of it, but there were a group of people plotting against me and my family or something, I think that they were trying to kill us. Every time I tried to scream to wake my parents up, my mouth was shut solid. I could only whisper incredible quietly. When I woke them up, my entire family became zombies and started chasing me. Then I zoomed out and saw it from a third-person perspective in the sky. I heard some voices talking about how they would get me next time - I would fall asleep and dream my way into their plots again. Not that scary, but it freaked me out at the time.
    "The inward skies of man will accompany him across any void upon which he ventures and will be with him to the end of time." -- Loren Eiseley

Mah Pikachu plush was demon possessed, I couldn't go back to sleep or look at him for the rest of the night.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by patriotfan09 View Post
    Wait. You're afraid of the THX logo?
    No offense, but I didn't think it was possible to be afraid of a logo, or in this case, letters.
    First of all, it's not the letters, it's the Deep Note sound effect that creeps the craps out of me.

Second, as I said, I have issues. And, as I also said, I'm a complete and total coward. So sue me.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Glitchipedia View Post
    First of all, it's not the letters, it's the Deep Note sound effect that creeps the craps out of me.

Second, as I said, I have issues. And, as I also said, I'm a complete and total coward. So sue me.
    Well, that would've scared me...

So, back when I was five, I had crazy dreams. Multiple of which had to do with an endless pit opening under me while my parents forgot about me or stepped on my fingers to make me drop.

OR then to be more specific, I had a time when I woke up on the couch, where I usually slept. I was in third person, which I thought was wierd, but I continued to my mom's room. When I got there, there was a giant octopus alien thing. I tried to run away, but the door was locked behind me. It ate my toys, which made me close up on my eyes and start to cry. I was obsessed with toys at the time. Nobody else was in the house. I seemed to back through the door when I tried to get out. I fell and fell until I landed right outside the door. None of the tables were there as usual, and it was silent. There was wood nailed to the TV, so I walked outside to find my family.

Now, at the time, I thought that if the world was upside down and I was there, I would fall into space.

The sky was red, and lightning was striking. All the houses were upside-down except for mine. I dashed to the local park extremely fast. Also, all of the grass was covered in blue fire. But it didn't hurt anyone. People were running around screaming.

At the park, my mom was sitting on a bench. She was wearing lacy clothes, which was unlike her. She was perfectly peaceful, reading a book. The big jungle gym was on fire and I felt a little lighter, which meant to me that the world was almost upside down. I tried to get my mom to save me, but she fell over onto the ground without saying anything. she turned green and bared daggery teeth at me, like a zombie-werewolf. I ran away, crying and screaming toward a podium that was slightly out of the ground and had a roof. I figured I would be safe there.

After getting on, everything except for the people and the podium fell into the sky. Suddenly, all of my family in the same state of my mom were scratching at the sides of the podium, but they couldn't get on. Then, the sky pulled us up. I felt like my clothes were on fire, and then I woke up face down on the floor. I screamed and cried for an hour before I could calm down.

Seriously, while I was five. Torture. My mind is way too morbid.
    Also, I feel like I was a little too detailed there. I always remember things I don't want to.

Blog Entries

I don't really have a lot of dreams or nightmares that I remember, but I do remember on that I was in my house alone, and an orange cat that lives in my neighborhood was inside. When I walked up to pet it, it sprung around, it's face having the fury of a tiger's, and leaped up to attack my face. I then woke up, springing out of my bed.

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

To join in the fun, I claim Kokoromori :) 11-23-10

Blog Entries
    Follow Blazevoir On Twitter
    Visit Blazevoir's Youtube Channel

I don't have nightmares anymore. They went away with my ability to differentiate between dream and reality.

The few nightmares I can remember had something to do with ShopRite. I heard a pulsing sound that kept getting louder and louder and I was walking toward a ShopRite. I would always wake up before I entered.
    *This space has been intentionally left blank*

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Meme-er View Post
    Well, that would've scared me...

So, back when I was five, I had crazy dreams. Multiple of which had to do with an endless pit opening under me while my parents forgot about me or stepped on my fingers to make me drop.

OR then to be more specific, I had a time when I woke up on the couch, where I usually slept. I was in third person, which I thought was wierd, but I continued to my mom's room. When I got there, there was a giant octopus alien thing. I tried to run away, but the door was locked behind me. It ate my toys, which made me close up on my eyes and start to cry. I was obsessed with toys at the time. Nobody else was in the house. I seemed to back through the door when I tried to get out. I fell and fell until I landed right outside the door. None of the tables were there as usual, and it was silent. There was wood nailed to the TV, so I walked outside to find my family.

Now, at the time, I thought that if the world was upside down and I was there, I would fall into space.

The sky was red, and lightning was striking. All the houses were upside-down except for mine. I dashed to the local park extremely fast. Also, all of the grass was covered in blue fire. But it didn't hurt anyone. People were running around screaming.

At the park, my mom was sitting on a bench. She was wearing lacy clothes, which was unlike her. She was perfectly peaceful, reading a book. The big jungle gym was on fire and I felt a little lighter, which meant to me that the world was almost upside down. I tried to get my mom to save me, but she fell over onto the ground without saying anything. she turned green and bared daggery teeth at me, like a zombie-werewolf. I ran away, crying and screaming toward a podium that was slightly out of the ground and had a roof. I figured I would be safe there.

After getting on, everything except for the people and the podium fell into the sky. Suddenly, all of my family in the same state of my mom were scratching at the sides of the podium, but they couldn't get on. Then, the sky pulled us up. I felt like my clothes were on fire, and then I woke up face down on the floor. I screamed and cried for an hour before I could calm down.

Seriously, while I was five. Torture. My mind is way too morbid.
    Also, I feel like I was a little too detailed there. I always remember things I don't want to.
    That sounds like the kind of nightmare I would have had at that age. Don't ask me to remember any from that far back, though.

I am the Aqua Rabbit. CamyPSyrup's Avatar
    Blog Entries

(1)I once dreamnt the whole world ended.

(2) I had a very strange dream that keeps happening on certan nights. There were Giant tornadoes and I was in a car and it was rolling down the hill, I looked up in the sky and saw a fleet of what looked like people. The neighborhood was chasing me down the streets. I was in this tall tower and it was about to self-destruct and I had to get out of there fast. I then find my self flying in the air and the ship was going down and I landed in a house. The house was filled with giant dogs, scary puppets that stare at you and little kids who looked friendly, but were actually demons....and then I woke up. It was a very wierd and scary dream, but now I wish I could have them again.

(3) I was at my school and there was a party going on there, but then a plane was coming for us. We tried calling for help, but no one answered. And that's all I knew.

(4) We were going to stay in some town only to find out that certain places were haunted. I was getting my bags from outside the hotel and I could of sworn someone was behind me, but no one was there. We then drove through the deserted parts of the town at night and we drove past a mansion and I saw a figure of a man with red glaring eyes coming out of the front door.

so that's all the nightmares I could think of.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CamyPSyrup View Post
    (1)I once dreamnt the whole world ended.
    I dream of that all the time. But then there's the times when I notice that I'm dreaming and can control it, then I end the world/do whatever I want how I see fit!

But those aren't nightmares, so I'll stop going off-topic.

Bulbapedia Administrator Force Fire's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

That this is Thriller......

Team Black

Team White

DCM
    Blog Entries

I have alot of nightmares, but i can't remember them. Ive talked to a few people about them, but nothing occurred. my friends tell me that i thrash around and yell in my sleep sometimes.
    woo.
    “And as to you life, I reckon you are the leavings of many deaths, No doubt I have died myself ten thousand times before.”

W.W.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

My worst nightmare?

That Kris was replaced by a different girl in HGSS.

And what's worse? It came true. (I've really dreamt that!)

It's also one of the most recent dreams that I recall.

Well, there was also the one when I was in the school, in a classroom, the teacher left the classroom, then I heard some scream coming from the corridor. Someone ran in and told that "someone is being killed". And then everybody was jumping out the windows... Pretty generic nightmare and not really scary.

Also, in one dream (don't remember what was this exactly about), I couldn't look up. When I looked up, the sun was blinding me, so I had to have my head down. The sun was shining awfully bright and then, someone told me to jump in some dark tunnel. Then I woke up. It turned out that I was sleeping facing to the window, while the sun shone. My vision was grayscale for some minutes after waking up. Then, it changed back to normal.

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Um... I rarely remember my dreams, but the worst of the ones I do remember happens every time I switch schools. I end up going back to my old school only to find out half-way through the day I'm sitting in the wrong building. It all seems so realistic, which is odd cause in fourth grade my old school was an hour and a half away.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast