What are Your Fondest Childhood Memories?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are Your Fondest Childhood Memories?

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Default What are Your Fondest Childhood Memories?

Yeah. Some of us around here may have had really good childhood memories, and some that may not have been that good.

What I'm trying to say here is, what is it about your childhood that stood out to you? They can either be positive or negative.

Anyway:
    -I had a really huge Lego collection. I was always asking my aunt for more of these.
    -The first time I got lost in a really big place (Stanford Mall).
    -I was constantly teased for having a girlfriend in elementary school (1st-3rd grade).
    -Living with my relatives in the U.S.
    -My intense dislike for singing (I got over it in 6th grade)

That's all I can remember. What are yours?
    Last edited by PlatinumDude; 13th January 2010 at 10:35 PM.

Default Re: What are Your Fondest Childhood Memories?

Positive:

• Seasell-collecting with my granddad.
    • Going sledding with my friends every winter.
    • Snail-hunting in my grandma's back garden every half term holiday.
    • Going up to Glasgow with my parents one year to see the Christmas lights.
    • Going on a ride called "The Twist" at my local funfair with my friend and making up a parody to Gareth Gate's "Spirit in the Sky!" I miss her... </3
    • Going to see the sharks at Deep Sea World with my aunts and cousin, and then we met up with an older cousin and went to the funfair on Burntisland in the evening. <3

Negative:
    • The lock breaking on a cubicle in my local supermarket when I was 4, trapping me inside.
    • My babysitter's older brother getting drunk on his 18th and puking all down our street... I'm extremely phobic of seeing/being sick now.
      and the last two are inappropriate for youngsters, so I'll skip them.

Currently Playing: X; 7 Badges;
    Delphox (Lv 65) - Vivillion (Lv 65) - Blastoise (Lv 65) - Pangoro (Lv 66) - Amaura (Lv. 69) - Sylveon (Lv. 66)

Blog Entries

Me too, me too!

Positive memories:
    - I had a huge collection of Legos as well, and I remember making up cool robots out of them.
    - Climbing in trees with my friends.
    - Digging tunnels in huge piles of snow and then making a nest in the back of the tunnel.

Negative:
    - Getting grounded for several reasons. Oops.
    - Being teased by twins when I was 4 - they once used a silver spray to paint my face with. Guess twice did I cry and scream when my mom tried to wash it off (oh well, those twin boys didn't sit for a week when their dad heard about it).
    - I had two friends, but sometimes, for the oddest reasons, they decided not to play with me - instead, they played together near me, as if wanting to say "right in your face, haha".

"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites."

Banner made by Aori! ♪

Brock's Pikachu LightningTopaz's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

--Watching The Disney Afternoon after school
    --Going to Space Camp in the fifth grade
    --Going to Walt Disney World for the first time
    --Spending hours before ye olde NES playing Mario and Zelda
    --Popcorn day at school (the teachers would put movies on for us to watch with our popcorn)
    --Storyteller visits a-plenty (and a number of other cool assemblies)
    My URPG stats: Maya's status

SuBuWriMo status: 28,103 words in all!

Just so Victoria, just so Mijzelffan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Mijzelffan On Twitter
    Follow Mijzelffan on Tumblr

the summerbreaks. The waterfights. My cats. Etc.

cheese! Insanish Danish's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Insanish Danish on Tumblr

Oh wow, I have so many.

One of my fondest memories, to this day, is when one of my friends got a Nintendo 64, and one day she let me watch her play Super Mario 64. And after that, whenever she suggested we play Mario Kart or Smash Bros. or something, I would turn it down and tell her to play Super Mario 64 so I could watch some more. I would sit there, with her cat in my lap, watching her play. That game had me spellbound.

The year that Pokemon first got really popular, I was in second grade, and we got a lot of snow that winter. Because of this, we couldn't go outside, so we'd have recess in the classroom. I think I preferred indoor recess to outdoor--my whole class would sit around playing our Game Boys (sometimes Pokemon, sometimes a different game) and we'd all trade cards and talk about the anime. We had Pokemon books and everything that we'd bring to school and show each other. It was such an awesome time. I wish I could relive it.

Also, 90's Nickelodeon. Nuff said.
    back to being a non-edible pastry

Blog Entries

-When the Pokémon TCG was all a-rage in Argentina, so my grandmother took me to TCG stands in shopping malls, and to tournaments :3 I was actually quite good! (nine years old at the time) but I can't remember much about the game now! XD lol

-Ever since I was very little, and every time my godfather came to visit me, I raced towards him and gave him a jump-hug. I still do this, only know my godfather asks me to slow down a little! Him being about 45 and me being 17, lol xD

-Any memory with my godfather is precious to me, I love him to pieces.

-When I opened a Japanese TCG package and found -gasp- Karen's Umbreon! Yes Umbreon's been my fave since the very beginning of gen II! Lol

-When my best friend and I wrote fics together. We were about 11, lol, beautiful memories.

blog . graphics shop . fan club
    black 2 friend code: 2452-4043-7771

追放されたバカ
    Where both beef and dreams are super-sized
    Blog Entries

My LEGOs and kittehs.

I fondly remember playing Nintendo at my friend Dave's place in his basement.

And maybe moving from my Uncle's house to an apartment when I was around six. Probably was a bigger change than I remember it, since I lived in the apt. complex longer than I lived in the house.
    V Faction: Bulbatized

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3136 - 6603 - 1330

Whispers in the dark... DarkDreams's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Positive memories:
    - The big pool in my old house...
    - Discovering the internet
    - FOXTEL
    - Being smart
    - Smart arsing my teacher :3

Negative:
    - Nearly drowning...Twice
    - A bit myself and told the teacher that someone else did it (It was April Fools day)...And then they made the whole school go to assembly to confess who bit me. Yeah.
    -Looking up "Doggy in Style" When I was 7...Yep.
    - Peeing in my pants at school so I could go home. It...Worked...(I was 5)
    KPU GM/ModSteven Stone Lover <3

...And so the elegant night vanquished the morning sun...

Blog Entries

Alot of memories.
    -Super nintendo and gameboy color.
    -Thinking it was the most awesome event in the world when I beat Super Mario World.
    -My Barbie dream house.
    -playing in the pool out front in the summer, and waiting for it to fill, then emptying it that night.
    -neopets when it first came out.
    -finding pokemon.
    -watching NICK in the 90s.
    -going to the park
    -the 90s in general
    All of my fondest memories seem to be of toys
    Last edited by eevee91; 14th January 2010 at 09:38 PM.
    Vaporeon, Flareon, Jolteon, Espeon, Umbreon, Leafeon, Glaceon.
    Can only evolve into one...

Blog Entries

Winning the Pokemon TCG Nationals for sure.

Going to my first concert (Green Day) :)

and, finally, Moving back to the states!
    HI. I'M ELI.

So, here's the deal- I'm really friendly, really outgoing, and really insanely intense. If you have a problem with that, I can't help you there. If you want to have random, awesome conversations with someone, hit me up. Like, right now. Message me. :)

"To live is to suffer, to survive is to find some meaning in the suffering."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Blog Entries

see, i think about these kinds of things all the time, but when i'm actually asked for them...i forget them. :( but i'll try.

positive:
    - when i was younger, my next-to-next door neighbors and i were bug hunters. we'd go outside, tip over the logs lining my "garden", and just dig up bugs and play with them.
    - we also ate a bunch of the raspberries that grew in my friend across the street's backyard. he had a tree house, too, and it was freaking awesome.
    - said friend introduced me to a bunch of games: animal crossing, harvest moon, and pokemon r/s (i had been playing g/s/c religiously and didn't know they had a new game. i remember watching him run into a silcoon or cascoon and going "OMG NEW POKEMON!").
    - i went upstate to the huge amusement park sometime when my sister and i were little, and won a huge-ass caterpillar toy in the ring toss game (except i can't remember if won it or if my parents bought it for me). this caterpillar now sits on top of my curtains ;p
    - i won $100 in a fundraiser contest in 1st or 2nd grade. i think i spent it on video games, but all i can recall buying is ruby and sapphire so i might have let my father use some of it.

negative:
    - my mother. she wasn't a bad person, but she was much too careless. thankfully the divorce wasn't too messy.
    - i have pictures of a little girl with brown hair in a collection of pictures my mother took. i have no idea who this little girl is.
    - my mother's best friend's kids and i were kind of forced best friends growing up, and even now it's hard to shake them off.
    follow me on tumblr!pokemon tumblr

Bulbapedia Editorial Board Zesty Cactus's Avatar Bulbapedia Deputy Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

Chillin' with my two good friends for sure. :')

Me and B were obsessed with Pokemon and Calvin and Hobbes and we invented our own Calvin and Hobbes trading card game drawn on old buisness cards. We also "invented" Calvinball irl and we used to play it in his huge backyard. B and I kind of outgrew each other early in high school and I never really hear from him anymore. :(

I'm still friends with J, my other good friend from around then, but we don't hang out as much because we're so busy. o_o (she's in university, I work) haha we used to play sooo much Pokemon, it was crazy. We also went to day camp together and had serious adventures! :P

When I was a kid I read a lot. Comic strips and kid's novels, mostly. I also played a lot of video games... I got my N64 and GB in around third grade.

Haha woah sorry for the tl;dr, I guess I just got nostalgic or something XD

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

... I don't have as many as you guys.

Most of my fond memories are recent, but I guess the best were getting my black belt, skiing my first black diamond, and getting a black lead role in my first play.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast